Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Saw something on the MB about Barb DPS (Read 26308 times)
Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Saw something on the MB about Barb DPS
May 4th, 2015 at 10:27am
Print Post  
The poster was deriding Woof builds as 'exploiters' and not real DPS...  I kind of disagree, but only from a pragmatic point of view.

The handwrap nonsence, and all the crybaby bullshit about Summer Smoke that came with it.. THAT was an exploit. An intentional, and consistent effort to stack effects until you had every proc in the universe on your wraps...  THAT was an exploit...

Woof? No.. this is just making use of existing mechanics.. and just like handwraps, there are SO FEW people actually willing to do it that it isn't even a pressing issue.

But putting that aside, he was also talking about how Barbs are the end all, be all of Sustained DPS, with Woofs lagging far behind, just slightly ahead of Bard?

WhatyoutalkinaboutWillis?  Huh

My Woof can solo Temple of Vol on EH at 20. At cap, my woof may only be doing between 500 & 800 a swing... but It can hit something 10 times a second. That is sustained, an the more I hit, the more my enhancements build. 

I have people mistaking my speed for one-shoting EE content.

For the longest time Sorcs were the end all be all.... then monks... then Palis.... SO WHAT? People play the way that fits how they LIKE to play, and most couldn't give a shit less what is best or badest. I know lots of folks who love playing casters, and have no interest in being a Melee just so they can have uber DPS.... some of us just like to play, and enjoy it most as a member of a party that works well together, or just sitting back waiting for that 1 player to kill everything before moving up for the treasure.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015 at 10:28am by Doggydaddy »  

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Saw something on the MB about Barb DPS
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2015 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Barbs are the generic, low maintenance, don't need a lot of past life or thought put into them, end all be all. You also do not need a lot of skill to play a barb. (Not saying their aren't players with a lot of skill that enhance the barbs) just saying a newb can just crush content with a barb without having skill. You're wolf build, I would imagine would take, thought, planning and gear to make it as good as you state you are.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015 at 10:39am by Crotch Goblins »  

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2015 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Fair enough.. and I have to admit, Mine isn't a typical Woof build. And from what I hear & have read, you're spot on about Barbs being 'right out of the box' near cookie cutter super DPS. But to be perfectly frank, anyone who doesn't have the desire to build and perfect a character, isn't likely to stay interested in the game for very long anyways... So I don't mind it one way or another...

... but gawd DAYUM I love eating my way thru a quest, treating everything that moves as my personal chew toy. Thank goodness I got UMD to deal with Beholders CONing the crap outa me

Crotch Goblins wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 10:38am:
Barbs are the generic, low maintenance, don't need a lot of past life or thought put into them, end all be all. You also do not need a lot of skill to play a barb. (Not saying their aren't players with a lot of skill that enhance the barbs) just saying a newb can just crush content with a barb without having skill. You're wolf build, I would imagine would take, thought, planning and gear to make it as good as you state you are.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2015 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 10:27am:
...end all, be all...

It's "be all to end all"

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Crotch Goblins wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 10:38am:
Barbs are the generic, low maintenance, don't need a lot of past life or thought put into them, end all be all. You also do not need a lot of skill to play a barb. (Not saying their aren't players with a lot of skill that enhance the barbs) just saying a newb can just crush content with a barb without having skill.You're wolf build, I would imagine would take, thought, planning and gear to make it as good as you state you are.

Nice story bro !

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 4th, 2015 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 10:27am:
The handwrap nonsence, and all the crybaby bullshit about Summer Smoke that came with it.. THAT was an exploit. An intentional, and consistent effort to stack effects until you had every proc in the universe on your wraps...  THAT was an exploit...

Woof? No.. this is just making use of existing mechanics.. and just like handwraps, there are SO FEW people actually willing to do it that it isn't even a pressing issue.

theyre both exploits. and your summer smoke was bullshit dps compared to what my wraps were doing. turn that shit the fuck off.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #6 - May 4th, 2015 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 12:58pm:
theyre both exploits. and your summer smoke was bullshit dps compared to what my wraps were doing. turn that shit the fuck off.

Kinda have to agree with this. Live it, love it, accept your exploiting and move on.

The only reasonable statement in here was "Cookie-cutter" barbs, which is true.

The Devs, in their attempt to give Barbs better DPS and survivability, "Robbed Peter to pay Paul."

So now, the Barbs have great DPS and self-reliance, but are all carbon-copy Tier 5 Ravager-Frenzied Berserker Capstone  Human/ PDK builds.

Only us old gimp anachronisms are running around on Dwarf Occult Slayers or Horc Berserkers. Roll Eyes

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 4th, 2015 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nice story bro !

Yeah I said newbs, not retarded trolls. Anything else your mommy would like to add to these forums?

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #8 - May 4th, 2015 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 1:21pm:
Kinda have to agree with this. Live it, love it, accept your exploiting and move on.

The only reasonable statement in here was "Cookie-cutter" barbs, which is true.

The Devs, in their attempt to give Barbs better DPS and survivability, "Robbed Peter to pay Paul."

So now, the Barbs have great DPS and self-reliance, but are all carbon-copy Tier 5 Ravager-Frenzied Berserker Capstone  Human/ PDK builds.

Only us old gimp anachronisms are running around on Dwarf Occult Slayers or Horc Berserkers. Roll Eyes

When will this discussion ever fucking end.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 4th, 2015 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 1:50pm:

Tuesday March 14th 2026 at 4:02 PM CST.

IP Logged

Vindicator
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 4th, 2015 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Crotch Goblins wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 1:52pm:
Tuesday March 14th 2026 at 4:02 PM CST.

Crap.  I already have a full schedule that day.  Angry
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015 at 2:10pm by Vindicator »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 4th, 2015 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Crotch Goblins wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 1:48pm:
Yeah I said newbs, not retarded trolls. Anything else your mommy would like to add to these forums?

I would watch my fat mouth and continue sucking developer cocks until filled enough to call for nerfs like you do with your rather low post count, aka newly created account.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 4th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 1:50pm:

If Teh_Goblin alias crybaby stops whining ?

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 4th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
CryCrotch Goblins wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 1:48pm:

Btw insult my mother as much as you want with your rather immature attitude. At least she isn't sucking cocks together with her son demanding nerfs in order to start leading the kill count, you sick cunt. Hi welcome  Roll Eyes.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015 at 2:36pm by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 4th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
But i guess even cordovan couldn't stand you and decided to ban your little fluffy account, sending you here  Grin. Next time suck some dicks better !

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 4th, 2015 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I would watch my fat mouth and continue sucking developer cocks until filled enough to call for nerfs like you do with your rather low post count, aka newly created account.

lol, yup, you got me, I do have a low post count, anything else you think you can try to insult me with? And I don't remember saying anything about nerfs anywhere... ever.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - May 4th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Cry
Btw insult my mother as much as you want with your rather immature attitude. At least she isn't sucking cocks together with her son demanding nerfs in order to start leading the kill count, you sick cunt. Hi welcome  Roll Eyes.

Lol, sadly I wasnt insulting your mom, just you. But your a little on the slow side. It's ok you'll catch up some day.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 4th, 2015 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Crotch Goblins wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 3:15pm:
Lol, sadly I wasnt insulting your mom, just you. But your a little on the slow side. It's ok you'll catch up some day.

IP Logged

Cow humper
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 4th, 2015 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Better than thinking you are good at trolling...or pranking...or however you call it today. Sucking maybe?

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #19 - May 4th, 2015 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Gay and retarded.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 4th, 2015 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Am I wearing 7 scarves or 13 bracelets?
And yeah keep trying to talk shit at me my account posts will sore...
Because someone is new does not make you better than them because you just start shit.
Also, please try to make sense, you could start by taking the dick out of your mouth so we could understand you better.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #21 - May 4th, 2015 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
MOMMY DADDY STOP FIGHTING!!
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015 at 4:16pm by Doggydaddy »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 4th, 2015 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Crotch Goblins wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 4:00pm:
Am I wearing 7 scarves or 13 bracelets?
And yeah keep trying to talk shit at me my account posts will sore...
Because someone is new does not make you better than them because you just start shit.
Also, please try to make sense, you could start by taking the dick out of your mouth so we could understand you better.

I am not even talking to you ? It seems like you are taking your stupidity to a whole new level, gratz.

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 4th, 2015 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I am not even talking to you ? It seems like you are taking your stupidity to a whole new level, gratz.

Then quit quoting me asshat, perhaps then I'll stop making you cry.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #24 - May 4th, 2015 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Crotch Goblins wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 4:47pm:
Then quit quoting me asshat, perhaps then I'll stop making you cry.

All you do is making me laugh at your stupidity. Poor thing. Btw, you are not talking with anyone here. It is called typing nowadays. Understand, dimwit ?
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015 at 5:11pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint