Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wiki: worth updating, anymore? (Read 1751 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wiki: worth updating, anymore?
Jun 5th, 2015 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
I looked at the Wiki page for Spell Power recently, and had a good laugh. It still mentions stacking between Eminence of the Sun I & Flame Manipulation I.

I want to do some testing, so I figured it would be a good idea to check here first. No sense in doubling up our work.

I want to make a chart of Spell Power sources, how they stack, and what they boost (since MP & RP basically made it into a guessing game). We all know how much of a crap shoot it is whether the descriptions are accurate.

Sources: Action Boost, Alchemical, Artifact, Destiny, Feats (Empower, Empower Healing, Maximize, Various Epic & Past Life), Guild (Ship buffs), Enhancements (Class & Racial Trees), Equipment, Implement, Insight, Music, Mythic, Profane, Psionic, (Various Set Bonuses: Quality), Skills.

Modify damage, but don't boost spell power: Environment (Into The Deep), Healing amp, Helpless, Race (Robot healing penalty), Melee Power, Ranged Power, Spell Crit. chance, Spell crit damage.

Did I miss any?

Other questions that had answers in the past, but now need to be re-checked:

Does anything outside of a few select enhancement trees affect poison damage?

Impulse used to boost untyped, including bludgeon, piercing, and slashing. Tool tips appear to have been updated to include these. Is it accurate? What other kinds of unlisted damage does impulse still boost?

Does Radiance still boost alignment damage? Tooltips have been updated to include alignment.

Which other spells or enhancements have weird exceptions, like Consecrate?

Probably bigger than I can chew:

Charting which enhancements are boosted by spell power, and which ones are boosted by MP/RP, and which ones refuse all boosting. I suck at Excel. However, an excel sheet that calculates SP (taking into account stacking & non-stacking sources), would be fucking awesome. Something to show the theoretical max., and thereby know how far off the actual is. (If I find something that gets boosted by both MP/RP and SP ... I'm keeping that shit to myself. You probably should, too.)

Doing the same for destiny powers.

Damage procs from equipment: Is there any logic to it at all? Or are none of them supposed to be boosted, but the devs just couldn't be bothered to check that they aren't? (Greensteel procs, ruby augments, clickies, etc.)

Honestly, I think this is more than I can do. But the rule is still "He who sees the problem has to fix it," right?

Edited:
Modified per suggestions.

Edited:
Added Profane, Music, ToEE "Quality" Set bonus
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2015 at 7:13am by Revaulting »  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Wiki: worth updating, anymore?
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 8:29pm:
But the rule is still "He who sees the problem has to fix it," right?

Yes, and I applaud both your effort and your volunteerism.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Impulse still affects "untyped" damage, such as blade barrier and ruin.  It actually states it in the tool tip (but I suppose we should not assume the tool tips are correct about anything) that it increases physical and untyped spell damage.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 5th, 2015 at 8:29pm:
I looked at the Wiki page for Spell Power recently, and had a good laugh. It still mentions stacking between Eminence of the Sun I & Flame Manipulation I.

Well, enhancements stack, so it wasn't exactly incorrect.

Quote:
Sources: Artifact, Alchemical, Destiny, Environment (Into The Deep), Feats (Empower, Empower Healing, Maximize, Various Epic & Past Life), Enhancements (Class & Racial Trees), Equipment, Implement, Insight, Melee Power, Mythic, Psionic, Race (Robot healing penalty), Ranged Power, Ship, Skills.

-Ship buff is probably Guild bonus
-Action boost
-Alchemical pots for platinum stack with Potion of Spellpower for Commendations of Valor
-I'd keep MP/RP/race/environment out of equation, because they don't affect Spell Power (as displayed on the character sheet). They might affect the damage your spells do, but so do many other things situationally (elemental vulnerabilities, helplessness, healing amp, etc.)

Quote:
Damage procs from equipment: Is there any logic to it at all? Or are none of them supposed to be boosted, but the devs just couldn't be bothered to check that they aren't? (Greensteel procs, ruby augments, clickies, etc.)

None are boosted?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 8:13am:
-Ship buff is probably Guild bonus
-Action boost
-Alchemical pots for platinum stack with Potion of Spellpower for Commendations of Valor
-I'd keep MP/RP/race/environment out of equation, because they don't affect Spell Power (as displayed on the character sheet). They might affect the damage your spells do, but so do many other things situationally (elemental vulnerabilities, helplessness, healing amp, etc.)

Thanks for these.
Ship buff type got simplified to "guild," but I'm sure there are a few still typed as artifact, or what have you.
I've been thinking of action boosts as enhancements, but they are their own type.
The plat pots are alchemical. I'll double check to see if the com pots also say they're alchemical.
MP/RP, at least, need to be charted. So many enhancements now get boosted by these instead of SP, and in several cases, it can be confusing. But you're right that they don't change the SP number. Same for environment, hamp, etc.

crunch wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 8:13am:
None are boosted?

I haven't taken a closer look yet, but from casual observation, it appears that many are not.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint