Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic FVS SOS build (Read 2048 times)
Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Can you get the citation?

FVS SOS build
Sep 6th, 2015 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
would like to try a favored soul with SoS Smiley

but also stong casting... i got some ideas, tell me your favourite or link nice builds you already know pls

18 fvs 2rogue

15 fvs 3 sorc 2 rog

15 fvs 3 fighter/pally 2 rog (yes i want a build where i can trap Smiley )

12 fvs 6 bard 2 rogue (warchanter troll XD)

would also like to know which class is better (is half-orc really useless?)

thx for the attention

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Re: FVS SOS build
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
mmmm ok forget the trap part, impossible to trap fight and cast, to specced stats...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
I think it depends on where you wanted to play that style. heroic for fast tr I would go with the 18/2 and get BB, heal and evasion by lv 15. You wont get wings until 19 sadly.
Melee is second option and you wont get to slot kinetic lore until wheloon bracers. robe of dissonance gets you impulse and resonance in one at an early level.

Possibly even 15/3pal/2rouge for heroics. That gets you evasion, bb, greatsword prof all by lv 15. 16th can be pally saves and by 18 stalwart stance with heal spell.

In epics the bard build will be better but should be pdk for the freeze dc. You will have to burn a feat on greatsword prof and will be tough to fit in everything while leveling up to 20 as you wanted. suggestion is to take the last 2 bard levels on the back end at 19, 20. That gets you swash stance, freeze, bb and evasion by 18.

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2015 at 9:54pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 5:48am
Print Post  
eh... it means i have to use a lesser +1 to remove the lvl of fighter...

the more i think about hybrid fvs the more i wanna do it pure evoker caster XD

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Doesn't Bard come with Master's Touch for proficiency.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 7th, 2015 at 2:23pm:
Doesn't Bard come with Master's Touch for proficiency.

Yup.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Melee damage will not be competitive unless you have enhanced criticals. Which for great swords on a fvs symbol means 8 fighter or 5 barb.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2015 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 7th, 2015 at 10:36pm:
Melee damage will not be competitive unless you have enhanced criticals. Which for great swords on a fvs symbol means 8 fighter or 5 barb.

tier 5 of warchanter +1 multiplier on 19-20
same from dreadnaught ed
oc
ic: slashin

doing nice crits Smiley

btw the thf is for bosses, for trash is spinning ice, energyburst, hellball, after they got damaged on the way by the bb

the playstyle leaded me to think a version with a sorc (ofc in this case not thf, would use a tf staff for DCs, 12/13 sorc 5 bard 2/3 fvs, would have higher dps but be squishy... so maybe a bladeforged 12 sorc 5 bard 3 pally would be more balance in this cha based build. i'll experiment and let you know Wink )

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2015 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Orange Flash wrote on Sep 7th, 2015 at 5:48am:
eh... it means i have to use a lesser +1 to remove the lvl of fighter...

the more i think about hybrid fvs the more i wanna do it pure evoker caster XD

I run into this too.  The pure evoker is appealing and virtually impossible to kill.  Implosion, comet fall, BB, Destruction.  You have some nice spells.  But it is mana intensive and slow sometimes on bosses, especially ones who don't like to be kited through blade barriers.  It plays better in Epics, where ED's give you more options, your spell power goes through the roof, and especially so once you get to add Ruin to your list of options.  With enough spell power, Ruin almost becomes a single target implosion with a much lower cooldown timer.  You have to be a Morninglord to make it really worth your while, though. 

The melee hybrids are nice, but it is real easy to screw it up and end up with what is basically a pally (with less DPS and better healing).

The way I look at it, you don't want to go over 12 FvS levels on a melee hybrid.  Your DC's are going to be crap, so you are really there for the buffs, single target heal spells, and the no save DPS spells like DP and Searing Light.  Toss in an Archon, too.

I love FvS.  I've played one since the day they came out.  One of my two main characters.  But they really are weak right now.  Cleric is generally equivalent or better at everything casting and healing.  And pretty much dead even on melee.  The only class advantages are wings and SP pool.  But you can get wings several ways now and SP isn't usually an issue.  Druids are way better at melee DPS. 

I hope Turbine gets around to them soon and gives them a third tree and reworks their AoV tree.  Look at those capstones.  Is there a weaker capstone than that turd they laid in the AoV tree?

Quote:
Ascendancy: Passive: You gain +2 Charisma and +2 to two skills.
Active: You are able to cast a low level spell at will without using spell points. Choose One:

Bolt of the Sun: You gain +2 to the Diplomacy and Spellcraft skills, and are able to cast the spell Sun Bolt at will without using spell points.

Healing Word: You gain +2 to the Diplomacy and Heal skills, and are able to cast the spell Cure Light Wounds at will without using spell points.

Light of the Flame: You gain +2 to the Intimidate and Heal skills, and are able to cast the spell Searing Light at will without using spell points.

Protection of the Blade: You gain +2 to the Intimidate and Repair skills, and are able to cast the spell Shield at will without using spell points.

Stealth of the Hunter: You gain +2 to the Hide and Move Silently skills, and are able to cast the spell Invisibility at will without using spell points.

Voice of the Deathless: You gain +2 to the Spot and Search skills, and are able to cast the spell Command Undead at will without using spell points.

Are you fucking kidding me?  +2 charisma (non-DC stat.  Fuck you.) +2 to skills.  (Whoa.  Let's not go crazy here.  Might be OP...)

And a single low level spell cast without mana, only one of which is even decent (Command Undead?  Are you joking?  You should GIVE me mana for casting that pile of shit.  Why else would I waste my time clicking on it?  It's not going to actually do anything). The Sun Bolt from the Morninglord isn't terrible. (And Searing Light, I guess.  But...Silver Flame follower?  Come on.)  You can only cast it every 3 seconds, so it's not going to even be 20% of the non-mana DPS a Warlock can do. 

Just a really crappy capstone. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2015 at 11:52am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 7th, 2015 at 10:36pm:
Melee damage will not be competitive

You could have stopped here.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 9th, 2015 at 11:51am:
Bolt of the Sun: You gain +2 to the Diplomacy and Spellcraft skills, and are able to cast the spell Sun Bolt at will without using spell points.

Sun Bolt is a pretty powerful spell to be spamming with metas for free. I wonder what the cooldown is. Costs a +1 LR though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint