Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Release notes from Patch today (Read 19241 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Release notes from Patch today
Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467274-Downtime-Notice-8-00-AM-12-00-P...
Quote:
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, November 2nd from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

DDO Store

Fixed an issue that required reincarnated characters to log out then back in after making a purchase in the DDO Store.

Feats

Manyshot now increases Doubleshot by 120 and Ranged Power by 4 x Base Attack Bonus.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Adjusted some instance settings in Delera's Graveyard to improve performance.

Spells

To improve game client performance, we have greatly reduced the number of "line of sight" checks for the following spells, which now check "line of sight" from their center point:
Evard's Black Tentacles
Blade Barrier
Earthquake
Hellball
Ice Storm
Lightning Motes
Otto's Sphere of Dancing
Sleet Storm
Sunburst
Wall of Fire

Manyshot got a buff.  So on a pure ranger you can get around 300% doubleshot (3 arrows) during manyshot and it gives a little extra RP.  +12 at current cap.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: Release notes from Patch today
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
so the DPS nerf went from 56% to 42%, and you call that a "buff"?

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
thanks.  I dint see them in the service news

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:43pm:

Not really.  I call it a step in the right direction after a huge step in the wrong direction.  You could say that the recent changes to tempest rangers were not a "buff" as they were a way more powerful melee class back in 2008.  Regardless, I find it interesting, as Turbine devs were adamant that the new changes were "Better dps overall" than the old manyshot.  But, if that is the case, then why the need for an increase so soon after the release of the new features?

But, why do you care?  You don't play DDO anymore. 

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:43pm:

Ahh, poor nignog. Still pulling numbers out of your ass I see.

4 arrows with old manyshot

3 arrows with new manyshot

At max this is a 25% dps cut, if we ignore the extra RP you gain during manyshot that you did not have before because if 4 shots = 100%, each shot is 25%.. one less shot means 25% less, not 42%..

Asheras wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:53pm:
Not really.  I call it a step in the right direction after a huge step in the wrong direction.  You could say that the recent changes to tempest rangers were not a "buff" as they were a way more powerful melee class back in 2008.  Regardless, I find it interesting, as Turbine devs were adamant that the new changes were "Better dps overall" than the old manyshot.  But, if that is the case, then why the need for an increase so soon after the release of the new features?

The new manyshot was more or less, the same dps as the old manyshot provided you had at least 20% doubleshot over the course of every 2 mins.

Notice how the new manyshot now gives 20% more during said manyshot duration, it now breaks even with the old manyshot even if a player has absolutely no doubleshot in their gearing.

If you have doubleshot, you are doing between 12 and 28% more dmg than the old manyshot, excluding on-hit proc effects.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:57pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:53pm:
But, if that is the case, then why the need for an increase so soon after the release of the new features?

I believe the stated intention was to give more bonus up-front as it was so lack-lustre at lower levels. It was so disappointing going from the day before the "balance" patch firing 3 arrows all the time to firing 1 or if I was lucky 2. So I'm pretty glad they've done this, but it doesn't take away from the fact that this still stinks. 4 arrows I should have by now, 4!

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:54pm:

At max this is a 25% dps cut, if we ignore the extra RP you gain during manyshot that you did not have before because if 4 shots = 100%, each shot is 25%.. one less shot means 25% less, not 42%..

damage from crits, faggot.  you have to consider that part of the equation, fewers arrows that hit for less.  i'd tell you to go suck a dick but i'm relatively certain you're all about that.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:57pm by [] »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:41pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467274-Downtime-Notice-8-00-AM-12-00-P...

Manyshot got a buff.  So on a pure ranger you can get around 300% doubleshot (3 arrows) during manyshot and it gives a little extra RP.  +12 at current cap. 

Handy low-mid level. Purpose built 8th level bowbard toon can have 184% on Manyshot.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
also, it's not like you get 3 arrows faggot; you get two.  you have to invest in feats, gear, and epic past lives for that 3d arrow; you total nigger.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:57pm:
damage from crits, faggot.  you have to consider that part of the equation, fewers arrows that hit for less.  i'd tell you to go suck a dick but i'm relatively certain you're all about that.

uh huh... dmg from crits.. maybe you dont know that all 4 arrows had to roll for crit threat, and confirm said crits? it wasnt "roll a 20, all 4 shots now crit" it was.. Roll a 20, 3, 18, 9, roll to confirm 20/18 were crits..

So, you are still doing exactly 25% less without taking the added RP into account. Though now with the extra almost guaranteed 3rd arrow, with a chance at a 4th. you are doing considerably more dmg, as each arrows dmg is increased by 96% from the RP boost during manyshot. Which means you are now, technically, shooting 6 arrows per click, not 4, during manyshot with full doubleshot (300%+) and because the base dmgs on them are higher from RP boost, the crits will be even higher.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:01pm:
also, it's not like you get 3 arrows faggot; you get two.  you have to invest in feats, gear, and epic past lives for that 3d arrow; you total nigger.

Oh, so this is why its a nerf to your "dps god toon". You dont have the gear, feats, or past lives to actually make use of the buff. it all makes sense now.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:01pm:

Were you trying to address me here?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Were you trying to address me here?

He was addressing himself. Ignore her, its her time of the month (for the last 3 weeks)

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
thanks wasn't quite sure what the deal was.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #14 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:02pm:
it wasnt "roll a 20, all 4 shots now crit"

ignorance revealed: that's exactly how it was, you'd know if you ever played a ranged toon.  you just got busted yapping out of your ass without even knowing what you're talking about.  only the first arrow made the roll, the remaining 3 copied the damage.  i know de devs said they'd make arach arrow roll independently, they didn't.  let off an adren+slayer with manyshot: all 4 arrows are adren, all 4 arrows are slayer, all 4 will show identical damage.  at least, they did before the nerf.  you're just fucking typing shit with no idea what your saying.  is this common for you?
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:08pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:02pm:
because the base dmgs on them are higher from RP boost, the crits will be even higher.

This concept is beyond him.  He just is upset his little fighter/fvs elf furyshot build doesn't play like it used to. 

So he *allegedly* quit the game and is having an epic temper tantrum on the vault.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #16 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
nope, i'm just going to the beach more often.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #17 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Why cant you noobs learn some basic arithmetic? Tryhttp://www.mathnasium.com/online

Stop getting so owned by King. Educate yourself or prepare to fedex title to your ass to the tropics.

Numquid rex praeter rex!!

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:54pm:

The new manyshot was more or less, the same dps as the old manyshot provided you had at least 20% doubleshot over the course of every 2 mins.

Notice how the new manyshot now gives 20% more during said manyshot duration, it now breaks even with the old manyshot even if a player has absolutely no doubleshot in their gearing.

If you have doubleshot, you are doing between 12 and 28% more dmg than the old manyshot, excluding on-hit proc effects.

Math is hard. You have to find a way to explain it that is easier to understand for certain people to grasp this concept.  Grin

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Endlessorrow wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:09pm:
Why cant you noobs learn some basic arithmetic? Tryhttp://www.mathnasium.com/online

Stop getting so owned by King. Educate yourself or prepare to fedex title to your ass to the tropics.

Numquid rex praeter rex!!

Kings new sock, a sock of a sock?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
no response on not having a clue as to how manyshot works...YET he feels compelled to comment on a feat (and an entire play style) that he does not understand: Vedui everyone, give him a hand.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:14pm:
no response on not having a clue as to how manyshot works...YET he feels compelled to comment on a feat (and an entire play style) that he does not understand: Vedui everyone, give him a hand.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you are in fact wrong. Manyshot works exactly like Doubleshot. Doubleshot shots all roll themselves, just like manyshot. If you actually played the game, you would know that. Instead you're too busy whining because your piece of shit build got fucked in the ass for not having good enough gear and stats to benefit from the changes. Cry moar harder.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:17pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:12pm:
Kings new sock, a sock of a sock?

Pay4Pal summoned a hireling.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #23 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Again he displays stunning ignorance for all to see: play the game faggot, it doesn't work as described in the official forums by the devs.  It never has.  You'd only know that if you actually played a ranged toon, as I did, for years.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #24 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:18pm:
Pay4Pal summoned a hireling.

OH YEAH! i forgot he was buying people to support him, for his Vault Cred.. mah bad, carry on Endless. How much he paying you? Hourly? Weekly?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint