Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Arti/Rogue Repeater/staff build? (Read 1765 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Arti/Rogue Repeater/staff build?
Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I have this idea for my next life(or maybe the one after) to do a Bladeforged(with +1 heart) 6 Artificer/14 Rogue, the idea being to use heavy repeaters + runearms for ranged attacks and then switch to quarterstaves for melee. The idea being that I really enjoy builds that can switch between ranged and melee, and quarterstaves look cool. Also I need a rogue life.

Any chance this would work?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Re: Arti/Rogue Repeater/staff build?
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
If your heart is set on some Arty levels, I wouldn't take more than 2 and go rogue for the rest.  I understand the ranged and melee goal, but losing the runearm damage when you use a Qstaff makes taking the arty levels almost pointless or even a negative.

How about Gxb and Qstave? great crit bumps available to both from the trees.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Don't listen to Dave, he's obviously trolling you if he's suggesting you stick to a quarterstaff (pun....INTENDED!)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
I have rather considerable piles of repeaters and runarms left over from several artificer lives that I'd like to use again, especially theres a particular greensteel repeater(Aspect of Radiance II) that makes enemies melt. Last time I did a similar life(6 artificer/6 rogue/8 whatever) I think I used it clear up to level 22 when I broke out the TFs.

Fewer arti levels could certainly work. I really just want a repeater/runearm build and it doesn't take much past 2 to get good results.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:18pm:
Any chance this would work?

No, don't do it.

You need T5s in the relevant trees to make the styles worth while, you can't have both at the same time so you can't swap mid quest. Also, you won't have enough feats to sufficiently support both styles. Also also, Doing either TA or Mech without the level 18 core is silly IMO.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2015 at 11:05pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 4:18pm:
I really enjoy builds that can switch between ranged and melee, and quarterstaves look cool.

what 5FS said.

Paladin/ranger(5-6) levels w/ manyshot.

Pure ranger.

Barb with manyshot(1 ranger and fvs or druid level).

Swapping to bow for bursts and mainly melee rest of time.

If you don't have all the gear ever, past lives/tomes then I suggest paladin 15/5. Easiest to survive all around with least amount of resources and experience. 

noamineo wrote on Dec 2nd, 2015 at 5:44pm:
I have rather considerable piles of repeaters and runarms left over from several artificer lives that I'd like to use again, especially theres a particular greensteel repeater

Wait for art pass
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2015 at 11:46pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Ranger is the best for ranged/melee hybrid. You get all the feats for free and only need dex if you settle for scimitar instead of khopesh.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint