Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) lamma aberrations (Read 9669 times)
Forest
Ex Member

lamma aberrations
Dec 7th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Was in a group 8-10 cycling through the raids last night and for about two hours of that one of the guys was running what he call his new "BowBard". 

Even on Elite he was paralyzing shit left, right, and center, as well as the occasional banish. His dps seem to be terrible, but his CC was amazing, fascinating constantly, group holds, single holds constantly, dancing shit every combat, a few stuns and even slumbers. Totally set up all the DPSers.

Pretty sure there was some shenanigans to get those kind of arrow DC's, but it was really impressive.

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2015 at 4:02pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: lamma aberrations
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Well the DC is quite excellent

(Will save vs. DC 20 + Wisdom modifier + Enchantment Spell Bonuses) On Save: -10% Movement and Attack speed.

Let's talk Enchantment DC bonuses:

+3: Banishing, Smiting, and Terror Arrows: Passive - +1 bonus to DC of Enchantment Spells
+5: Frost Arrows: Your arrows gain On Critical Hit: Target gains 1 stack of Lethargy (You have -1 to all Saving throws. Non-bosses also move and attack 5% slower. This effect stacks up to 5 times.)

That's 8 from AA.

Sepllsinger:

+1-4 for Core enahncements (requiring 3-18 Bard levels)
+2: Haunting Melody: You rework Fascinate with haunting notes, intoxicating yet unnerving. Fascinated creatures are Haunted for (20/40/60) seconds. Haunted: -2 on all Saving Throws, Skill checks and attack rolls
+1: Yellow Marigold Crown: +1 to DC's of Enchantment spells.
+2: Enthrallment: Cooldown: 10 seconds Expend a use of Bardic Music to enthrall multiple enemies. Enthralled enemies stop what they're doing and have a chance of breaking free when damaged. Enthralled enemies suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls and Will saves for 24 seconds plus 6 seconds per bard level, even after being disrupted from their reverie.
This ability uses a Perform check as Will save DC.
+1: (Not sure this counts on Arrows but should) Spell Song Trance: Cooldown: 10 seconds
Expend a use of Bardic Music to grant a +1 morale bonus to spell DC's and 10% morale discount on spell point costs to you and all nearby allies for 24 seconds plus 6 seconds per bard level.
And Tier 5 Spellsinger can give you another 2, but you lose Lethargy from T5 AA.

That's almost 16 DC from 4 tiers of Spell singer and 5 of AA (2 from SS cores). Add to that Equipment bonuses to Enchantment:
+6: Thunderforged Focus
+2: Augment Enchantment DC

And Feats and PLs:
+1 Wizard PL
+1 Bard PL
+1/2/3 Spell Focus Feats
+3: Twist

Misc:
+1 Ship Buff
+1 Profane (TF armor).

So...
+31-33 + 20 + 18 (48 Wsdom)= ~70 Enchant DC.

It's not shenanigans. Don't forget, you can Mind Fog and other Debuff for even more.

Cool Build.

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2015 at 4:42pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
He said that his Arrow DC's were low 80's, which makes sense because as I said we were doing Elites.

Also can I point out that AA gives +4 (terror, smite, banish, para), you can't run frost simultaneously with paralyze or banish arrows. Which is excellent by the way. Also he had to be Tier V Spellsinger because he had group hold as well as the single versions.

Keep in mind what I mentioned though, his dps seemed to be damn near nonexistent.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2015 at 4:55pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He said that his Arrow DC's were low 80's, which makes sense because as I said we were doing Elites.

Also can I point out that AA gives +4 (terror, smite, banish, para), you can't run frost simultaneously with paralyze or banish arrows. Which is excellent by the way. Also he had to be Tier V Spellsinger because he had group hold as well as the single versions.

Keep in mind what I mentioned though, his dps seemed to be damn near nonexistent.

You dont need to run those stances, the enhancements give passive bonuses, you just need to train them. But point taken on Mass Hold, he obviously didn't have T5 AA for Lethargy then. What ED was he running? Do you recall? I imagine Shiradi for Nerve Venom would be ideal, but who knows.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 7th, 2015 at 6:02pm:
You dont need to run those stances, the enhancements give passive bonuses, you just need to train them. But point taken on Mass Hold, he obviously didn't have T5 AA for Lethargy then. What ED was he running? Do you recall? I imagine Shiradi for Nerve Venom would be ideal, but who knows. 

He was Exalted Angle for sure, he transformed a few times.  I have sent some feelers out to get the build, will post here if I do. Weird but EA core gives +3 DC's as well.

You are right that the stances +1 bonuses are passive, but he was running full time with the paralyze arrows up, except occasionally he switched banish, cause he would cackle over teamspeak when the banish proc'd.

And yes he said he had a Chucker version as well, called it 'SinginStar' or some such.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2015 at 6:18pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He was Exalted Angle for sure, he transformed a few times.  I have sent some feelers out to get the build, will post here if I do. Weird but EA core gives +3 DC's as well.

You are right that the stances +1 bonuses are passive, but he was running full time with the paralyze arrows up, except occasionally he switched banish, cause he would cackle over teamspeak when the banish proc'd.

And yes he said he had a Chucker version as well, called it 'SinginStar' or some such.

Was thinking the throw rate on chucker could make this really interesting even with Bard, since it's not about DPS, just procs. Definitely interested to see final build. Also EA has a SoundBurst SLA too doesnt it?
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2015 at 6:49pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 7th, 2015 at 6:48pm:
Was thinking the throw rate on chucker could make this really interesting even with Bard, since it's not about DPS, just procs. Definitely interested to see final build. Also EA has a SoundBurst SLA too doesnt it?

Yeah the more I think about it the more interesting I find it, I will be trying one out next Lamma for sure.

A couple of other things; he indicated his chucker was much easier to squeeze the needed buffs into but he liked the aesthetics of BowBard more. By twisting in whirling wrists you would make ROF much higher on a chucker but on the other hand he was pretty surgical between shooting and casting, so I don't know how crucial ROF would be.  You could tell he had a lot of hot key sequences together, with some established shooting and casting orders.  Really good player + quirky build = stunned Forest.

EA does have sound burst but doesn't benefit from gear or ehancement buffs and it's a Fort save versus 10+character level+chr or wis mod, so even with the new Meta's DCs would still lag 10-15 behind I would think.  

In addition to the lack of dps he didn't do any healing that I can remember, we were all pretty self sufficient but other than the pups I can't remember him breaking it out.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2015 at 7:11pm by »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
And he was squishy as hell around 700 hp.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 8:27pm
Print Post  

Yeah me too.  Bard chucker with rgr levels now.  Sounds interesting.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 4:28am
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #10 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 1:46pm
Print Post  

Could supplement dps with Harmonic Resonance/Resonant Arms.

But seriously, it's a long ass way to go to build an on-proc paralyze with a Bard. CC isn't exactly what they're short on.

This is the new (Will save vs. DC 20 + Wisdom modifier + Enchantment Spell Bonuses) on Paralyzing Arrows with bard levels contributing to the enchantment dc. Wouldn't a 10k build that prioritized Wis/Dex rather than Dex/Wis be ahead on dps over the bard build but still take advantage of the new formula? Losing on the double shuriken expertise with lower dex but making some up on the 10k ranged power from wis.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Yeah it's a very specific build, a monk would be good as well got to be less squishy. The Bowbard would be useless solo.

But if you don't go the bard route you will lose DC, best case scenario you lose 14 and that's assuming you still grab the proper feats that are not really monkish.

I caught up with the builder, he is waiting until after the update goes live before sharing the build. which I can understand, no one wants to lose something before it even goes live because you talked about a neat advantage the Devs hadn't thought of. 

His baseline Arrow DC's are 85 at cap, which includes the Banishing, terror, smite, and of course Paralyze. I'm looking forward to trying one out when Lamma is up.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 4:28am:

Please grow up, you have already got your apology from me  so now it's time to get over your bruised self-esteem.

Here something to think about, even with all your abuse what have I done to you in the last 4 months? nadda. I apologized for riding you and have made a point to steer clear of clashing with you, so frankly you don't have any kind of reasonable grievance with me.

Now can we get back to the actual game 5 foot? would you like to share some of your significant game knowledge on this topic perhaps? share some insight or a opinion?  I would like to hear your thoughts. (note this is sincere not sarcastic)

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 1:46pm:
Could supplement dps with Harmonic Resonance/Resonant Arms.

But seriously, it's a long ass way to go to build an on-proc paralyze with a Bard. CC isn't exactly what they're short on.

This is the new (Will save vs. DC 20 + Wisdom modifier + Enchantment Spell Bonuses) on Paralyzing Arrows with bard levels contributing to the enchantment dc. Wouldn't a 10k build that prioritized Wis/Dex rather than Dex/Wis be ahead on dps over the bard build but still take advantage of the new formula? Losing on the double shuriken expertise with lower dex but making some up on the 10k ranged power from wis.

Yeah Monk or Bard version would be better RoF. To Forests point DC is best on Bard, but its not nesc. insurmountable on Monk, esp with much better RoF.

I'll wait for the final build just to have a look. Red Named DPS is still my biggest concern and not at all irrelevant.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2015 at 2:54pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
I think one of my favorite parts is that shattermantle can just destroy Spell resistance, so it does pair nicely with enchants.

And like Jak pointed out the possibility for debuffing DC's is nuts when combined. Between songs, spells, and abilities any set piece combat the bowbard could really aid a raid.

On the other hand for a tooled up monk chucker it's very possible to rack up large stacks incredibly quickly by alternating between shatter, dispelshot, and tier V elements.  Near full loads of Lethargy, spell resist debuff, and my favorite damage vunerability can be a huge team dps amplifier.

But I tend to lean towards the Bard version because of all the Holds, and slumber that serve up big helpless numbers to anyone who wisely twists it in.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #15 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
I'm not seeing a loss of 14 but ok. I have trouble counting that high with my shoes on.

It just strikes me as nice synergy that on the 10k version wis would contribute directly to the paralyze dc and the ranged power boost. One stat for CC and dps.

I like bards and throwers it just feels like building this kind of cc onto one is like building more healing onto a cleric.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Quote:
Here something to think about, even with all your abuse what have I done to you in the last 4 months?

You're still a sock. If you go ahead and admit it, then I will have no reason to point it out.

Quote:
I apologized

When was this? That PM I deleted without opening?

Quote:
Now can we get back to the actual game 5 foot? would you like to share some of your significant game knowledge on this topic perhaps? share some insight or a opinion?  I would like to hear your thoughts. (note this is sincere not sarcastic)

I don't have to like you to talk builds.

It is an interesting build in a vacuum, but since the metagame of all relevant content is a DPS race I think all parties are better served by characters building for max dps and simply killing the mobs rather than CCing and failing DoJ while you are waiting for the rest of the party to DPS down the mobs.

I'm not going to hold my breath for a radical shift in quest/raid design philosophy.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:59am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #17 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 7:11am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:56am:
I'm not going to hold my breath for a radical shift in quest/raid design philosophy.

qft

DC and AC are dead
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2015 at 7:11am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
You're still a sock. If you go ahead and admit it, then I will have no reason to point it out.

Spare me, you made that claim in June even going as far as bending the truth until you were exposed and humiliated. The only reason you try it now is that your still upset I teased you when I first joined and sock accusations are the only thing you can come up with because of your obsession and the fact that I haven't done anything else to you that you can complain about or point out. Your sock claim isn't just as empty and as embarrassing for you as it was in June it even more pathetic now.

When was this? That PM I deleted without opening?

Oh I'm sorry, does 5foot need a big public apology? an actual sincere PM apologizing privately wasn't enough for you? Okay then here you go:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1449855108/0#0

I don't have to like you to talk builds.

It is an interesting build in a vacuum, but since the metagame of all relevant content is a DPS race I think all parties are better served by characters building for max dps and simply killing the mobs rather than CCing and failing DoJ while you are waiting for the rest of the party to DPS down the mobs.

I'll go you one step better, I don't think this build could be of any use outside of a raid sized party.

Granted it's interesting, but I farted around with this last night, (which was hard with the LGS all borked up.) and I was able to get some very high DCs quite close to what he was at, I even switched up some class level etc...

But the problem in the end is that you are just stalling what is going to happen not contributing all that much beyond the helpless amplified damage.  And there are many ways to make mobs helpless now so that value is limited at best. The lack of any DPS beyond that makes it very similar to the old stealth builds that became obsolete because the Devs didn't want players to sneak through quests anymore.

So interesting but of little use. 

*post addition:  I will say this though after playing on a team with one, I didn't mind it at all. I think he buffed a fair bit and it was great being able to bring my dps right to mobs because they were stuck, And those mobs got off very few attacks as well. Which was nice.

So I liked having one with us, but I can't see playing one.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2015 at 12:41pm by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 11th, 2015 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Heh. The dps is actually fairly soliddepending on how you build.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #20 - Dec 13th, 2015 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Heh. The dps is actually fairly soliddepending on how you build.

Im more referring to end game red named dps

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
I did a Ranger focused version of this after reading the thread, I went

11 Ranger, 7 bard, 2 rogue.

26 AA,
32 SS
6   Human
16 SB

Feats
Exalted angle
Twists
+3 enchant, +3 fear, +20% ranged speed, extra action boosts.

Mostly ran terror arrow alternating with Paralyzers. Manyshot, and doublshot boost from SB, pluse a walking around doubleshot of 49%.

I didn't try to buff others much, just kept myself healed blur, hasted, etc.. and cracked off shots. I took the Rogue levs solely for the evasion. If you stick with just a bow you can alternate between types really quickly.

My DCs were right around 80 and I could get them to 86 for 30 secs at a time. That's without debuffing stuff. Keep in mind everything is a will save, it's all counted as enchant, except the second PK roll, that is still a fort save, I was able to confirm that by then end of the night. I used dispel shot a bunch, but have found that the imbue doesn't work on dispel shot, shattermantly, resonant attack, etc... only regular shots now.

I scared the shit out of a lot of stuff. I was able to scare almost everything, including undead but the PK wouldn't work on the dead even though the Terror did.

The banish was handy with the paralyze as well, but again red named the toon was pretty useless, the cost to dps to get the DCs high enough prevent much damage otherwise.

If Lamma was still up I would try a chucker version.

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2015 at 10:34pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I took the Rogue levs solely for the evasion.

granted at ranger level 9.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
I'm running a variation of Bard ranged myself, thus far pretty fun and effective. At 29 should cap tonight or tomorrow, and after I have current gear and build stats I'll post.

Yes the achievable DCs are pretty impressive, but you have to sacrifice a lot of durability and utility to do it.

I spend the majority of my time chanting "2o, 20, give me a 20" Averages about 6.1 seconds between every Vorpal (not counting IPS which can make it shorter) Definitely a change of pace.

Had a couple people call it a kill steal build.... which I'm fine with  Wink

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #24 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm running a variation of Bard ranged myself, thus far pretty fun and effective. At 29 should cap tonight or tomorrow, and after I have current gear and build stats I'll post.

Yes the achievable DCs are pretty impressive, but you have to sacrifice a lot of durability and utility to do it.

I spend the majority of my time chanting "2o, 20, give me a 20" Averages about 6.1 seconds between every Vorpal (not counting IPS which can make it shorter) Definitely a change of pace.

Had a couple people call it a kill steal build.... which I'm fine with  Wink

Yeah without mortal fear this is really tempting with a high RoF build with Shuriken. The question is how do a build like this but maintain some Red Named DPS as level 30.

I'm going to spend some time thinking about it over the holiday.

But...

Vorpals with a max rate RoF 12 Ranger/8 Monk:

10k = 20% Fulltime
20% AA
9% PL
10% Doubleshot Epic Feat
8% New Epic feat
8% Equipment
-----
75% Doubleshot

@70 Dex we get:

1+.7+.7+.75=3.15 Shuriken/Throw
@1.4 Throws/Sec = 4.41 Shurikens/Sec
That's vorpal every 4.5 seconds Smiley   
With IPS, that's really good, for trash anyway. I've been using a Thunderforged on my main that's Touch of Flames/Dragons Edge/Cripplling Flames (2 level drain 5%) with a Ruby of Endless Night slotted. It's a poor mans Mortal that works awesome in Legendary content. IT would work very well with this build, though I might give it +6 Enchant DC's instead for a build that went the PK arrow route. Red names you would switch to Elemental Imbues. I think Divine Crusader is the best ED since it offers red named Burst DPS and Wisdom in the trees.

In something like an LE Tempest Spine, switching to paralyze (basically no fail) could make things a lot easier and faster. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint