Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic My wish list for the 10th anniversary (Read 3929 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

My wish list for the 10th anniversary
Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
It is actually just one wish, a small one.

Make Eldritch Card cruncher work again.
I mean what is the worst that can happen, right? Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Re: My wish list for the 10th anniversary
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Why would you want that?
No, seriously. I donīt want my right hand wrist in fire again.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:17am
Print Post  
This is why we can't have nice things, faggots.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:21am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:17am:
I no longer play this game and feel no reason to be here on the vault. FAAAG WAAAAH.

ftfy, now it sounds a lot like you bozo. Wink

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Fair point; noted.  Yer still gayer than when the Gay Parade came to Gay Town on Gay Pride Day wearing a fucking tutu.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
My wish? Some kind of awesome, useful, semi-powerful item that I DON'T have to grind incessantly for.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:28am:
Fair point; noted.  Yer still gayer than when the Gay Parade came to Gay Town on Gay Pride Day wearing a fucking tutu.

So, he's gayer than you.

Got it.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Mine I know is partially coming true - DDO is moving to newer hardware (and s2012) this summer, which apparently might actually help the lag. But take that with a saltshaker of salt, this has been on the forecast for years now.

My other wish list item for the 10th would be a brand new character model/creator. Even if they just remake the face models, I'd honestly really appreciate it. I think the graphics are way better than some other games of that era, but the faces are the one thing holding it back.

Kinda like how Oblivion had weird face models but the rest was visually stunning.

Oh, and I'd also like to make the bonus epic XP from reincarnating permanent, but that's just a bonus Cheesy

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
My wish is that the 10th will be better than last years anniversary mimic hunt.
It is a very low expectation wish, but I would not be surprised if it is even more underwhelming than last year.

It will probably be a monster poo event.
Various trading cards of boss turds.
Poo cards can be combined in a toilet to create lumps of coal and twigs of ghostbane.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Sagas, it was the best gift ever.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
SOme kind of 1 in 1,000 chance at something good that you can't possibly get without duping/playing for 12 hours a day. That's my prediction.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 5:49pm:
SOme kind of 1 in 1,000 chance at something good that you can't possibly get without duping/playing for 12 hours a day. That's my prediction.

So the Mimic Hunt?

- Zorro

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:43pm:
So the Mimic Hunt?

Grindier and randomer. Think "old-school drop rate for hearts of wood" random and "thunderfoged X house cannith challenges" grindy.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #13 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
They could always "improve" the mimic hunt by changing all the mabar items to things you can get in the portable hole or some other vendor.  Would you like to collect hundreds of cards to get a scroll of heal?

- Zorro

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #14 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
I pulled a heart of wood from diplomatic impunity as lvl 10 or whatever years ago, and everyone in the group flipped the fuck out: no one (not even me) knew that shit dropped in chests.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:04pm:
They could always "improve" the mimic hunt by changing all the mabar items to things you can get in the portable hole or some other vendor.  Would you like to collect hundreds of cards to get a scroll of heal?

DUDE. Make it 1,000 cards and YOU'RE ON!

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
My wish, is that somehow against all expectation and previous performance the team at Turbine makes Gnomes decent, and that somehow they rational a way into giving deep Gnomes a Wis buff in spite of the lore.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:14pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #17 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My wish, is that somehow against all expectation and previous performance the team at Turbine makes Gnomes decent.

(*basically admitting that he's gay*)

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My wish, is that somehow against all expectation and previous performance the team at Turbine makes Gnomes decent

The double-bind with gnomes is the more playable they are, the higher the risk you might wind up playing a gnome.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #19 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Quote:
Why would you want that?
No, seriously. I donīt want my right hand wrist in fire again.

Your hand would be fine as we have this nice "do that 1000 times" interface option now.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
My wish, is that somehow against all expectation and previous performance the team at Turbine makes Gnomes decent, and that somehow they rational a way into giving deep Gnomes a Wis buff in spite of the lore.

Wasn't that why they considered Aasimars? I know it's still a rumor and a small hint but can still hope.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #21 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:23am:
Wasn't that why they considered Aasimars? I know it's still a rumor and a small hint but can still hope.

There was a Dev chat thing (I don't think it was DDOCast but someone else) where one of the Devs, who wasn't on camera at this particular moment, said there would be Aasimars and Tieflings and the host of the video chat got super-excited when he heard it.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't say no to a new race. I'm kind of whatever about gnomes but new is always better. Think maybe we can also get a new class out of it?

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 2:28pm:
I wouldn't say no to a new race. I'm kind of whatever about gnomes but new is always better. Think maybe we can also get a new class out of it?

Yeah, it's a dis-functional relationship I have with Turbine, I will give them my money if they make a new race and I will love it.

I'm not proud.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
I'd buy the new race but its questionable whether I'd ever actually play it. I haven't done a flesh life in forever(hate gettin nega-leveled).

Of course, if its a race that just pairs PERFECTLY with a specific class I might be all over it. Like Warforged and Artificer. Im not sayin WF don't make other good classes, but if you play any other race as an artificer you're basically tying one hand behind your back.

But the new class doesn't have to be so restrictive to a specific race, either. I just like the pairing is all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint