Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic [Warlock] Fast way to completionist (Read 4179 times)
Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

[Warlock] Fast way to completionist
Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:51am
Print Post  
This build has a great solo ability through the Rogue level(s) which allow trapping (and Evasion), and the Warlock levels which give a lot of AOE dps (Eldritch Burst, Spirit Blast), renewable temporary HP to survive, Displacement SLA and a few buff spells.

9-10 warlock / 1-2 rogue / 9-10 class from which you want the past life
Warlock is the second-last (above druid) class in the order which determines the Heroic Past Life Feat, so a 9/9/2 split will always give you the class PL (except for druid) instead of warlock PL. Same goes for 10/10 split.

human
stats :
14 str 8 dex 16 con 16 int 8 wis 16 cha
level up stats: doesn't matter much, go Int if you want more skill points, go Con for more HP/tempHP ...

Levels (feats):
1 rogue (Power Attack, Cleave -- swap later when you stop swinging a 2h weapon for Insightful Reflex, Force of Personality, UMD Focus, ...)
2-10 warlock (Maximize, Empower then Quicken, Extend or something else depending on your preference)
11 rogue
12-20 class (Quicken, Extend, Resilience, ...)

Skills:
Important: UMD, Search, DD, OL (warlock + human gets you 3 skill points, you need at least 4 for Search and DD, 6 for UMD)
Others: Balance, Spellcraft, Concentration

Spells:
Take Master's Touch with the 1st warlock level, swap later for Resist Energy.
Level 1: Master's Touch (Resist Energy) and Jump
Level 2: Blur and whatever (Dispel Magic, Silence, Invisibility ...)
Level 3: Stoneskin or DDoor or something else you prefer (I used to take SS now I take DD) you get only 1 so choose wisely

Enhancements:

In the early levels (1-3) I put some points in Harper for extra HP, attack/damage bonus, and Enlightened Spirit for the Aura bonuses
At level 4 you are Warlock 3 so you have access to the Eldritch Burst
At level 5 you are Warlock 4 so you have access to the extra Light damage on attack/spells, the Temp HP on aura and Med Armor Proficiency
I usually take the Light Spell Power enhancements (+30 light and +12 universal) to boost the Blast
At level 12 you get access to tier 5, Spirit Blast, Displacement, Shining Through (37 AP spent) and HealAmp on aura (39 AP spent)

After that it's up to you, you can go in the Soul Eater tree for Consume DOT/Stricken and the associated buffs/debuffs,
or Tainted Scholar for scrolls +75%, adding some Pact Damage, modifying your eldritch damage from Force to Evil/Piercing and adding Confusion to your Blast if you like chaos.

Pact choice: I take Fiend because it gives Fire Shield and the best saves bonus (+4 Fort +4 Ref +2 Will), but if you don't care about saves and Evasion you can take whatever

Items:
Up to level 5-6: the best 2 handed weapon you can find (cannith crafted Acid of Bleeding for example)
After that you need Radiance (Shard of Vollun ml9 +60 radiance and a Yellow Slot to put your Master's Gift +5% XP instead of Voice of the Master, then Shamanic Fetish hard/elite with augment slot), Impulse, Pact Damage -- I usually get these on weapon/buckler because other inventory slots are used
Trapping items (+7 at level 3 and +13 at level 9 thanks to Masterful Cannith Crafting)

Gameplay:
Swing and Cleave with a 2 handed weapon wearing your Invulnerability Robe or Light Armor, until level 5-6 when you have access to Eldritch Burst and it gets very effective at 1-shotting groups of mobs

At level 6-20 all you have to do is run around Bursting with Eldritch power.

So far I've used this build template for:
- 9 warlock / 2 Rogue / 9 bard
- 10 warlock / 10 Rogue (you get Evard's Tentacles at warlock 10)

This is a template, you can adapt to your preference and modify it to suit your needs.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2016 at 6:52am by Illiterate »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: [Warlock] Fast way to completionist
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Huh, so Warlock break the rules of 1) original classes, 2) added paid classes in order of being added? If it comes before Druid that's interesting. Didn't know that (not having played one).

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
I've played an Artificer 1 / Warlock 9 / Wizard 10. Int-based. Repeaters early. Later Repeaters with 3d6 light damage, scaling with spell power. At 12 switching to standard roflstomp T5 ES burst-blast-twiddle-your-thumb build, wielding whatever you want.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:51am
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure warlock is last in the class list.  Unless confirmed by turbine to be otherwise. 

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Ah ok, cheers for the info!

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2016 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:51am:
I'm pretty sure warlock is last in the class list.  Unless confirmed by turbine to be otherwise. 

I never tested myself, I just based my knowledge on the wiki which gives the Life-Shaper as a reference:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Past_Life_Feats

Quote:
According to the Life-Shaper, Warlock is dominant over Druid when their levels are tied. Also, Warlock is the icon displayed in the party panel in a tie, even after restarting the DDO client.)

It's easy to find out for someone who really wants to play a warlock/druid, they just roll a lvl 4 veteran with 2 of each class.

I'm not sure why Turbine would make it this way.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2016 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on Feb 9th, 2016 at 2:11pm:
It's easy to find out for someone who really wants to play a warlock/druid, they just roll a lvl 4 veteran with 2 of each class.

I'm not sure why Turbine would make it this way.

The icon doesn't change when you level, but next time you log in. If you test this, make sure to log out and back in after taking the last level.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint