Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Zergod - Human Khopesh 20 Ranger (Read 52687 times)
[]
Madame President

Re: Zergod - Human Khopesh 20 Ranger
Reply #50 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:05pm:
Why do you guys keep responding to someone who's clearly being an intentional troll?

I don't know why I bother: Ash and Ser are clearly trying to troll me, and I was just trying to get them to think about some ideas they may not have previously considered. 

Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:24pm by [] »  

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #51 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Nothing positive or supportive comes from dice man, I've told you folks that and it's in my sig; buyer beware!
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:36pm by palmer01 »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #52 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:36pm:
Nothing positive or supportive comes from dice man, I've told you folks that and it's in my dig; buyer beware!

Another Remi sock trying to stir the pot and get the trolls going; why do I even bother anymore?

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:36pm:
Nothing positive or supportive comes from dice man, I've told you folks that and it's in my sig; buyer beware!

ideas on what 2 feats could do better?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #54 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:43pm:
ideas on what 2 feats could do better?

better for what?

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #55 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Im still not home so I'll probably look it over in the morning. Ash/glad/5foot probably have insight too but I'll refrain until I can look more over.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #56 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
I have a question since a bunch of math is being thrown around in here.

Power attack vs Precision on a monk. Yes, I run LE a lot and I do run into difficulty hitting mobs (grazing hits, i never actually miss them) sometimes. Comparison:

Power attack
+.5W to handwraps bringing them to 10.3W (improved PA) (1d8)
+ 5 dmg
Standing 86 melee power
standing 41% double strike
Base dmg +64

Precision
same doublestrike and melee power
+5% to hit
-25% fort to mobs
9.8W handwraps (1d8)
Base dmg is 59

My to hit is 80.

If you need more numbers for math lemme know, I also use whirlwind ALOT. With someone bringing up the comparison between the two, and realizing I don't need power attack for overwhelming critical anymore...

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:12pm:
I have a question since a bunch of math is being thrown around in here.

Power attack vs Precision on a monk. Yes, I run LE a lot and I do run into difficulty hitting mobs (grazing hits, i never actually miss them) sometimes. Comparison:

Power attack
+.5W to handwraps bringing them to 10.3W (improved PA) (1d8)
+ 5 dmg
Standing 86 melee power
standing 41% double strike
Base dmg +64

Precision
same doublestrike and melee power
+5% to hit
-25% fort to mobs
9.8W handwraps (1d8)
Base dmg is 59

My to hit is 80.

If you need more numbers for math lemme know, I also use whirlwind ALOT. With someone bringing up the comparison between the two, and realizing I don't need power attack for overwhelming critical anymore...

if you miss on a 3 then you would gain dps from precision on a 0 fort mob. with any fort precision would always win. id go precision. i just missed the book on a 116 on lh. 6+110
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 10:26pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #58 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:35pm:
if you have a 80 to hit then precision. i miss with 125.

You're going to miss 5% of the time no matter what when you roll a 1: hard is math?

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Well since you're already ditching PA for Precision, won't go into that.

Why Max over Emp Heal? I don't see you having much over 1k SP and I'm running a similar gear setup so with KtA and Maxed + Quickened cures, you'll run out of SP fairly quickly. I know I do but I also pull agro fairly easily as well as not using KtA.

Happen to know the % proc rate and duration of Affirmation? Been considering it for a while now as a way to buff up HP to be able to tank more without having to play pinball with mobs but can't decide without a bit more accurate data.

Dodge line doesn't give MP so can pick up Dodge and call it a day if you only need a tiny bit to hit your cap.

Is there a need for Stunning Blow when you already have Dire Charge and Balanced Attacks? I never liked it due to the break in animation and the long cool down it has. I see mobs being stunned/dead by the time you can use Charge again.

Are you hot swapping weapon sets to break DR on bosses? I don't see you're DPS being very high with all the DR mobs have with that weapon set.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:03am
Print Post  
@Epoch

Hit is a bit of a funky stat as it's both the most crucial and the most useless stat we have.

Nothing gives you better gains in DPS than hit until you reach the stage where you only ever miss on 1's. However once you reach that mark, hit becomes absolutely useless. I would say go with Precision and stick with that until your hit increase to the point where you no longer miss.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 12:58am:
Well since you're already ditching PA for Precision, won't go into that.

Why Max over Emp Heal? I don't see you having much over 1k SP and I'm running a similar gear setup so with KtA and Maxed + Quickened cures, you'll run out of SP fairly quickly. I know I do but I also pull agro fairly easily as well as not using KtA.

Happen to know the % proc rate and duration of Affirmation? Been considering it for a while now as a way to buff up HP to be able to tank more without having to play pinball with mobs but can't decide without a bit more accurate data.

Dodge line doesn't give MP so can pick up Dodge and call it a day if you only need a tiny bit to hit your cap.

Is there a need for Stunning Blow when you already have Dire Charge and Balanced Attacks? I never liked it due to the break in animation and the long cool down it has. I see mobs being stunned/dead by the time you can use Charge again.

Are you hot swapping weapon sets to break DR on bosses? I don't see you're DPS being very high with all the DR mobs have with that weapon set.

Thunderforged for DR targets. Working on a set on Mineral 2s. I'm thinking Min 2s will be the best DR breaker, and should bypass everything besides the stupid rakshasha. Affirmation is once a minute. Affirmation is AMAZING. I have bauble, eross, eTwisted, Twisted, archivists, and RoSS on this character. SP isnt an issue.

Not 100% sold on precision vs PA. Would love to debate it. My to hit is fine, except for raid bosses, and LE bosses. Missed the book on a 110+6. I need to see how many targets end game have fortification.

I think stunning blow is worth it, yes. I use it on priority targets that save on dire charge, or the caster that isnt with the group I just stunned. I find it useful.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:42am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:34am:
Thunderforged for DR targets. Working on a set on Mineral 2s. I'm thinking Min 2s will be the best DR breaker, and should bypass everything besides the stupid rakshasha. Affirmation is once a minute. Affirmation is AMAZING. I have bauble, eross, eTwisted, Twisted, archivists, and RoSS on this character. SP isnt an issue.

Not 100% sold on precision vs PA. Would love to debate it. My to hit is fine, except for raid bosses, and LE bosses. Missed the book on a 110+6. I need to see how many targets end game have fortification.

I think stunning blow is worth it, yes. I use it on priority targets that save on dire charge, or the caster that isnt with the group I just stunned. I find it useful.

Min 2 is imo the best DR breaker. Rakshasa is DR Piercing so take out a bow. He has no other forms of DR.

I know Affirmation is once a minute. The question was how long does the temp HP last and what the proc chance of Affirmation is. Also can it proc even if you hit for 0 damage as I remember that Reinvigoration wouldn't if you hit for no damage?

Fair enough on the SP although I find I run out and I have the same set except base RoSS. Granted that is only when I'm solo/duo/trioing and I take the place of the healer during combat. I should stop teaming up with rogues who have terrible SP lol.

I haven't tested myself but noticing from Sneak Attacks alone that LE mobs tend to have some form of Fortification. If I were to take a guess I'd say its in the 50% but an Archer with Sniper Shot isn't the best testing method. I still prefer Precision of PA so I don't have to twist in stuff for bosses but you can always dump that 2nd WF and take up Precision and just go with whichever is needed.

Fair enough on Stunning Blow.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:21am:
Min 2 is imo the best DR breaker. Rakshasa is DR Piercing so take out a bow. He has no other forms of DR.

I know Affirmation is once a minute. The question was how long does the temp HP last and what the proc chance of Affirmation is. Also can it proc even if you hit for 0 damage as I remember that Reinvigoration wouldn't if you hit for no damage?

Fair enough on the SP although I find I run out and I have the same set except base RoSS. Granted that is only when I'm solo/duo/trioing and I take the place of the healer during combat. I should stop teaming up with rogues who have terrible SP lol.

I haven't tested myself but noticing from Sneak Attacks alone that LE mobs tend to have some form of Fortification. If I were to take a guess I'd say its in the 50% but an Archer with Sniper Shot isn't the best testing method. I still prefer Precision of PA so I don't have to twist in stuff for bosses but you can always dump that 2nd WF and take up Precision and just go with whichever is needed.

Fair enough on Stunning Blow.

temp hp lasts 1 minutes also. it basically re procs immediately. ya im gonna go precision.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #64 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Like gala indicated you can drop one of the Wf and keep pa

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #65 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:51am
Print Post  
The last WF could be swapped out for a past life feat. Was
Looking at warlock as I never heard anyone talk about it. No save on confusion sounds interesting. Just saying there are more interesting feats other then wf you can apply
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:31am by palmer01 »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:05am
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 8:51am:
The last EF could be swapped out for a past life feat. Was
Looking at warlock as I never heard anyone talk about it. No save on confusion sounds interesting. Just saying there are more interesting feats other then wf you can apply

ya could swap WF Ranged for Precision. Good call. Edited.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:06am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #67 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:45am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:23pm:
I don't know why I bother: Ash and Ser are clearly trying to troll me, and I was just trying to get them to think about some ideas they may not have previously considered. 

Embarrassed

You are talking about stuff that has been identified ad nauseum here and on the mobos for years.  The Elf-Scim-FvS-Kensai build is not news.  You think people aren't talking about it because its some great build that's a big secret but really we aren't talking about it because it's old news.  Newer stuff has surpassed it.  It's like you are talking about how great how great The Bloodstone is.  Nobody disagrees it was best in slot for melees for years.

Not that it's a bad build.  It will still perform decently.  But it's not going to outperform a Ranger 20.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Plan to do 3 gnome lives, and then back to this build. Probably transferring to Khyber also..
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:55am by Sergod »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:55am:
Plan to do 3 gnome lives, and then back to this build. Probably transferring to Khyber also..

Why not Cannith?.....waiting for punchline.....

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:21am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 10:09am:
Why not Cannith?.....waiting for punchline.....

Want to try other servers to freshen up the game some. Was looking at Khyber and Argo. Was invited to some of the chat channels for raids on Khyber so probably going to do Khyber.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #71 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:55am
Print Post  
I'm gonna roll through 3 gnome lives on two of mine as well.  Then get them back to raiding.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:55am:
I'm gonna roll through 3 gnome lives on two of mine as well.  Then get them back to raiding.

Yep. 9MRR is a lot when you take into consideration that your MRR stat is inherently lower. I have around 120 PRR but only 63ish MRR.

IP Logged

Yojimbo
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:55am:

What kind of Gnome lives?

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What kind of Gnome lives?

Iconic. 3mrr passive and 5 acid spellpower 1 illusion dc active. both stack up to 3 times.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:59pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint