Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Terror builds. (Read 2363 times)
Forest
Ex Member

Terror builds.
Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Love em. But I think they are good enough that a nerf is coming in the near future. So for all the people PM'ing me with  questions and bugs I thought it would be helpful to look at strengths of the various versions, and some weaknesses people run into as well.

Great terror:

May be the easiest of them all to level, you can be shooting  terror bolts at lev 4 with a DC of 30 with a repeater. Throw in your 10% alacrity with the quiver or crafting and it's pretty nuts. It only gets better from there the fletching for slaying arrows carries you the rest of the way.

Deathstar:

Is the most forgiving of any of the builds when it comes to past lives and gear, and is viable in twice the number of destinies. It also has more gear slots, and most importantly the AP points are vastly more flexible. You have very little room to change points on the GT without gimping it seriously. Where the Deathstar can be changed and tweaked  inbetween quest to customize in a way the GT and others cannot, including the stances.

Great Terror,

About 10% of all artys can end up with a bug that doesn't apply the 'action surge' stat bonus when you use EF which then requires you to use the dam bonus to get the extra 2 DC from a boosted wisdom.

Compared to the Deathstar it is ridiculously under-performing in AC, and without past lives and gear can be the definition of 'glass cannon'.

Deathstar:

Heroic leveling can be a real grind, you won't be chucking until lev 18 and until 20 it will be hard yakka.

Currently due to some 'conditions' the Deathstar's DPS is a little lower than GT except in very specific situations. And it is a button mashing exercise, which can be a bummer if you are not used to it.

That said, I love these builds and the others using the Terror structure.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Terror builds.
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Imo, the greatest weakness of the build is you can't blow yourself up. It's not Terror without Time Bomb.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 2nd, 2016 at 10:46pm:
greatest weakness

What about the exhaust port?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 2nd, 2016 at 10:46pm:
Imo, the greatest weakness of the build is you can't blow yourself up. It's not Terror without Time Bomb.

LOL

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 10:44am:
What about the exhaust port?

Evacuate? In our moment of triumph?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 10:08pm:
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph?

I think he overestimates their chances.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
gasbaggers!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint