Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wind through the Trees and Elegant Footwork stack? (Read 2912 times)
DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Wind through the Trees and Elegant Footwork stack?
May 18th, 2016 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Just curious if they stack for more knockdowns  Cheesy

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Wind through the Trees and Elegant Footwork stack?
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2016 at 9:55am
Print Post  
They come from two completely different places, and one is a feat and the other an enhancement, so they should both apply which is not the same as stacking.  You should get the 5% and the 20%, each being a different roll and each only going on cooldown when it gets a success.  But since they use the same 12 second cooldown it's likely that they coded them the same and a success in either probably puts them both on cooldown.  You might get a clue from the combat log, but it's so broken you also might not.

Add in Magic Backlash and crap should be falling down all around you without you even doing anything.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2016 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 18th, 2016 at 9:55am:
They come from two completely different places, and one is a feat and the other an enhancement, so they should both apply which is not the same as stacking.  You should get the 5% and the 20%, each being a different roll and each only going on cooldown when it gets a success.  But since they use the same 12 second cooldown it's likely that they coded them the same and a success in either probably puts them both on cooldown.  You might get a clue from the combat log, but it's so broken you also might not.

Add in Magic Backlash and crap should be falling down all around you without you even doing anything.

Also Arcane Encumbrance from Occult Slayer , but not sure if it would stack with Magic Backlash even with different names Smiley

If them all stack or work on different rolls, even 3 of then working together without sharing cooldown duo to bad coding it could be fun!
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2016 at 11:08am by DnD »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2016 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Ok, we have a build structure of at least Barb 3 for Arcane Encumbrance, at least FvS or Cleric 5 and your T5 tree as War Priest for Magic Backlash, at least Bard 3 for Elegant Footwork, and at least 29th level for Wind Through the Trees.

So far no straight up alignment or too many levels or multiple T5s needed.

Seems like a SWF build using the warpriest favored weapon boosts might work, since you have to invest the AP to get up to T5 already.  I think only Drow with shortsword works.  You might go Gnome or Deep Gnome and light pick, but the AP probably doesn't add up for that since then the favored weapon path wouldn't apply to the pick, you still have to spend a pile of AP in warpriest, and you'd have to spend 2 AP per bonus to the light picks.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2016 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Throw some knockdown guards on it, and twist in Primal knockdown on Vorp. Pretty good CC. Would need to be TWF for that tho I think.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2016 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Since they affect only 1 monster and on a 12 sec cd and high chance that they share cd i personally wouldnt go for such builds.

Most interesting knockdown build overall was a clonk back when fist of light could trigger backlash.
Not sure if it still works tbh

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2016 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 18th, 2016 at 9:46pm:
Since they affect only 1 monster and on a 12 sec cd and high chance that they share cd i personally wouldnt go for such builds.
But neither the cleric or barb options even has a cooldown.  And stacking things either up or side by side is a good way to make them effective.  I had Magic Backlash on my last Cleric and loved to have people ask in /party how that caster mob way over there got knocked down.  I'd tell them I did it, since I did.  I also had a decent trip success with just a straight up Str build and the +19 from Many-Hooked Greaves.  Not in EE (much, I think I did land on some things), but I could trip in EH and below on a good roll.  I pulled the levers in L TS when many a Barb or Paladin or Fighter said they could not.

Most interesting knockdown build overall was a clonk back when fist of light could trigger backlash.
Damn.  I'd have blown one of the freeby +5 hearts to check that if I'd known it was a possibility before TRing.  Or maybe not.  My plans don't include getting back to Cleric for a long time, although 4-12 FvS is not out of the question.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2016 at 12:54am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 19th, 2016 at 8:23am
Print Post  

They said they fixed it, but you never know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint