Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Fast brainstorm ideas (Read 1204 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Fast brainstorm ideas
May 25th, 2016 at 6:34am
Print Post  
15 palie 5 fighter, 14 palie 5 fighter 1 monk(would say this is the new centerd gsword user), 14 palie 5 fighter 1 rogue (stick something), 12 ranger 5 fighter 3 palie (dual wield kta dm - in case they still stack didnt test), 14 palie 5 fight 1 monk (a gxbow user based on crit multi, a good shot wotj a rep could proc multiple bolts?), 13 druid 5 fight 2 ranger /some new version of swf druid ploit focusing on more melle power, has no aoe but has amazing synergy with a good death for superb singe target burst), 13 rogue 6 fighter 1 warlock /sneak based build where warlock aura powers up arcane warrior, you gain hella lot melle power from fighter and with good death, share ammount of melle power that scales sneak could make this a potent idea.

I did not figure or bother to test how 10 k works now nor to read up on it, but can the bonuses be used with any ranged weapon or is it only shuris/bows? Since it doesnt state as formerly shuri/bows exclusive.
(also techically some kind new shuri builds based on more ranged power and multi proc of good - death but il call it shot could emerge)

Basically abuse that fighter t5 one with blade doesnt require 8 fight levels and mix with competence crit  providing classes. Also a good deaths is actually quite good now that it scales with melle power, so best use would be to pump dstrike with it

There is actually many options now, i was wondering why people didnt start making those builds.
So im just throwing here a bunch of ideas (there are many more out there tho)
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2016 at 7:02am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Fast brainstorm ideas
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2016 at 7:04am
Print Post  
I tested a wide range of melee builds on lama, the pure 20 kensei was about even with a swashbuckler. I did not get to try a kensei tempest, or a cetus, or a pally fighter. The patch with the shit they didnt add on lama made it better, but idk how much better until I can get on lama and see the times again.

ITT: http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1461864099
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2016 at 7:15am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2016 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 7:04am:
I tested a wide range of melee builds on lama, the pure 20 kensei was about even with a swashbuckler. I did not get to try a kensei tempest, or a cetus, or a pally fighter. The patch with the shit they didnt add on lama made it better, but idk how much better until I can get on lama and see the times again.

ITT: http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1461864099

Exactly my issue, to much to test, but its pita on live, they should just keep lama perma open

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2016 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 6:34am:
15 palie 5 fighter, 14 palie 5 fighter 1 monk(would say this is the new centerd gsword user), 14 palie 5 fighter 1 rogue (stick something), 12 ranger 5 fighter 3 palie (dual wield kta dm - in case they still stack didnt test), 14 palie 5 fight 1 monk (a gxbow user based on crit multi, a good shot wotj a rep could proc multiple bolts?), 13 druid 5 fight 2 ranger /some new version of swf druid ploit focusing on more melle power, has no aoe but has amazing synergy with a good death for superb singe target burst), 13 rogue 6 fighter 1 warlock /sneak based build where warlock aura powers up arcane warrior, you gain hella lot melle power from fighter and with good death, share ammount of melle power that scales sneak could make this a potent idea.

The Kensei bonuses to crit range/multi don't stack with the other classes. They are all competence in case anyone is confused about that. 3 bard/6 fighter is the only thing that works there.

It seems you are focused on the melee power though...I mean 20 melee power is nice, but it doesn't compare favorably with losing the capstone and competing t5 from pally/ranger/rogue. Druid is an option, but I wouldn't want to give up the AoE from DoD.

Quote:
I did not figure or bother to test how 10 k works now nor to read up on it, but can the bonuses be used with any ranged weapon or is it only shuris/bows? Since it doesnt state as formerly shuri/bows exclusive.

It should work with anything as long as you are centered with it.

Quote:
(also techically some kind new shuri builds based on more ranged power and multi proc of good - death but il call it shot could emerge)

I'm already looking into this. Kensei is nice for monks.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint