Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Best Repeater Hybrids Thread (Read 2517 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Best Repeater Hybrids Thread
Aug 14th, 2016 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
I got some really good times on the red names in the dojo using various versions of AA slayers that are repeater based builds swapping into longbows for manyshot.

http://imgur.com/a/GSI2G
48 seconds.

http://imgur.com/a/LA1a2
47 seconds

18 rogue for 16d6 sneak attack, helf for damage boost, aa access to capstone + slayer, and KtA all on an int based build.

2 fighter for the feats, the feats are really tight on these builds trying to fit in manyshot and sneak of shadows.

Started the dps test using camo scroll, tensers, full stacks of archer's focus, unbridled fury, sneak of shadows and KtA. Once the buffs are running, I hit adrenaline, dual boosts, unbridled, manyshot, slayer. Cycled through inferno shot and the 2 bluffs. Spammed adrenaline. Once manyshot wears off I swap to heavy repeater for the rest of the test.

This is the fastest time I have got on a repeater so far. Am going to jam a few more tests to see if I can beat this time. Missing a few things like vacuum longbow to start the encounter at max stacks of vulnerable in a few seconds. Also dont have a hide augment or high int stat items and a spooky augment.

I am in the process of testing a 14 pally, 6 arty version for fusilade bursts.  Insightful damage spell for int to dmg mod. 2 ap into harper for int to hit.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2016 at 4:58pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Best Repeater Hybrids Thread
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
try 12 ranger 5 rogue 3 fighter(or whatever).  tier 5 dws tier 4 mech 12 pts harper repeater when manyshot on timer

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:29pm:
try 12 ranger 5 rogue 3 fighter(or whatever).  tier 5 dws tier 4 mech 12 pts harper repeater when manyshot on timer

That doesn't get slayer arrows. And mech is a shitty tree unless going for tier 5s. My friend tried a 12 rgr 6 ftr, using the 1 crit range, 1 crit multiplier but tier 5 aa for slayer. It comes in behind the 18 rogue versions. Prompted me to try the 14 pally for holy sword and fusilade for a second burst option.

I have my friend on the 14 pally version on lama, but he logged off and I got tired of using the world's smallest arrows to allocate infinite skill points. I will have him try the pally then try the rogue to see how it stacks up on his toon(which has lives, and better gear than do lama toons).

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
I ended up testing the 14 pally with sneak of shadows feat. It is well behind the 18 rogue slayer. Fusilade needs a pass.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:02am
Print Post  
how do they look without unbridled?

I was running a pure ranger repeater / bow hybrid with tier 5 deepwood for a while. Was about 4k dps in LD
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:03am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:46am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:02am:

I was running a pure ranger repeater / bow hybrid with tier 5 deepwood for a while. Was about 4k dps in LD

Not good enough to replace shuri hybrids in functionality. While it has an amazingly uber manyshot, it falls short outside of that burst dps. Doesn't have a 10k-like second burst to fall back on either. It could swap ap around to take mech tier 5 if the group already has high burst dps and it will play just like a mech only with fighter levels then. I would still suggest a shuri build over this.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Great, now I have a reason to buy helf.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:02am:

I can get faster times on the shuri build. The shuri build without using manyshot, and only using 10k can also beat a 20 pure mech in ld with grt xbow or hvy repeater. 70+ seconds without manyshot salvo. LD mechs weren't getting close to that in LD.

I'm sure the LD times will also be faster because the bursts.

WeHaveLived wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 3:07pm:
Great, now I have a reason to buy helf.

If you already have mech gear and don't want to farm set up for thrower. The thrower is superior in every aspect and niche. Ok, maybe for stacking assassin trick and wrack on portals. And traps. 
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:17pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
What thrower? Aren't both of these mech/bow builds?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:57pm:
What thrower? Aren't both of these mech/bow builds?

yes, in this thread they are. check the furycannon thread

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:39am
Print Post  
That one's helf too. Didn't see a variant either, though to be fair I stopped reading soon after sobsob starting sobsobing all over it.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #11 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint