Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Good iconic-based Druid build? (Read 3280 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Good iconic-based Druid build?
Aug 23rd, 2016 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
I have to do druid next life and am not really looking forward to it. Still, I prefer the grind from 15 to 30 over the one from 1-20. I don't give a single solitary shit how the build preforms at cap, I just want to level as quickly as I can. Anyone have any suggestions? Also I do not want to burn a +1 heart if I can avoid it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Good iconic-based Druid build?
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1430127586/75

Scroll down to like post 99 or something still a valid build and piss easy to level...
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2016 at 4:36pm by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 4:34pm:
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1430127586/75

Scroll down to like post 99 or something still a valid build and piss easy to level...

Wolfenstein v1.1

Race: Human/PDK
Alignment: Neutral
Class: 10 Druid/6 Ranger/4 Fighter
FDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRFFFD

Stats:..........Level 1 (36 pt build)

Strength............18 (+ level ups)
Dexterity...........12 (+5 tome or better required)
Constitution.......18
Intelligence........8
Wisdom..............8
Charisma............8

Feat Progression:
FDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRFFFD
Level 1   : Single Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus: Blunt, Weapon Focus #2
Level 3   : Precision
Level 6   : Completionist
Level 9   : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
Level 12 : Two Weapon Fighting(B), Improved Critical: Blunt
Level 15 : Natural Fighting
Level 16 : Improved Two Weapon Fighting (B)
Level 17 : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
Level 18 : Natural Fighting #2
Level 19 : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Level 21 : Overwhelming Critical
Level 24 : Natural Fighting #3
Level 26 : Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
Level 27 : Weapon Specialization: Blunt
Level 28 : Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
Level 29 : Harbinger
Level 30 : Weapon Focus #3
Level 30 : Arborea
(If not completionist, take WF at 6 and a 2nd WS at 30)

Epic Destiny: Legendary Dreadnought

Extra AB 3/3
Attack AB 2/3
Str +1

Str +1

Critical Damage 3/3
Str +1

Str +1

Advancing Blows
Devastating Crit

Master's Blitz

Twists: 4/3/2/1/1

Sense Weakness
Balanced Attacks
Hail of Blows
Rejuvenation Cocoon
Healing Power

Enhancements:

Tempest 36 pts
Core 2/6
Item Defense 3/3
Improved Reaction 3/3
Acrobatic 3/3
Haste Boost 3/3
Bleed Them Out 3/3
Storm Dancer
Critical Mastery 3/3
Str +1
Str +1
Storm Tempest
The Growing Storm 3/3
Many Cuts 3/3
DoD 3/3

DWS 25 pts
Core 3/6
Stealthy 3/3
Increased Empathy 3/3
Versatile Empathy 1/2
Action Boost Melee Power 3/3
Survivalist 1
Survivalist 2
Survivalist 3
Thrill of the Hunt 3/3
Killer 3/3

Stalwart 14 pts
Core 2/6
Durable Defense 3/3
Defensive Mastery 3/3
Resilient Defense 3/3
Strong Defense 3/3

Human 5 pts
Core 2/5 (Str)
Heal Amp

We all know 5 foot's builds are typically awesome. Thanks! That should do it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
This may be a stupid question: How the FUCK does SWF and TWF work together on the same build?! I've seen that on a bunch of druid builds and still don't get it.

IP Logged

Not Kintar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
As i understand it, SWF looks at your inventory while TWF looks at your character.

While you're in wolf form the game sees you as fighting unarmed so you get TWF but you're also wielding a weapon in your main hand with an empty off-hand which gives you SWF.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #5 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:24am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:23pm:
This may be a stupid question: How the FUCK does SWF and TWF work together on the same build?! I've seen that on a bunch of druid builds and still don't get it.

Not sure how the specifics work but as I played this build a couple of lives ago I can tell you that they stack and that it is definitely noticeable. I took the build from 1 to 30 and it starts really coming together at around level 12. As an iconic the build would be in full swing as you start and stuff just melts away.

The main problem with the build is the self sufficiency, it does not have a lot of defences and only limited self healing but if you can deal with that the DPS is beautifull

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:24am:
Not sure how the specifics work but as I played this build a couple of lives ago I can tell you that they stack and that it is definitely noticeable. I took the build from 1 to 30 and it starts really coming together at around level 12. As an iconic the build would be in full swing as you start and stuff just melts away.

The main problem with the build is the self sufficiency, it does not have a lot of defences and only limited self healing but if you can deal with that the DPS is beautifull

Yeah, with only 10 druid levels you will only have the legendarily shitty Cure Critical Wounds(why is it so much shittier than Heal?) so would have to build the character around getting it a bit.

FORTUNATELY with the Cannith update incoming(will be out before I TR again) I will FINALLY be able to produce some halfway decent items without having to play the rangen lottery, A cursory look at the beta planner indicates I should be able to make a 94/47 insightful spell power item(141 total), Plus I can do 30 healing amp on armor and 30 more on the mysterious remnants cloak. That SHOULD be enough to make cure critical not suck as much.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Enjoy!

If you have issues with survivability, try dropping some points from DWS and Human to get 23 in Stalwart, swapping out Strong Defense for Hardy Defense and Tenacious Defense until you get to epics for the Cocoon twist.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:51am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:50am:
Enjoy!

If you have issues with survivability, try dropping some points from DWS and Human to get 23 in Stalwart, swapping out Strong Defense for Hardy Defense and Tenacious Defense until you get to epics for the Cocoon twist.

Stalwart is always a good choice, I was probably doing that anyway. Typically when I go for build guides I am jsut looking for level splits, feats, and basic play-style. I tend to reset my enhancements every few levels and re-tool.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 2:05am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:19pm:
Stalwart is always a good choice, I was probably doing that anyway. Typically when I go for build guides I am jsut looking for level splits, feats, and basic play-style. I tend to reset my enhancements every few levels and re-tool.

I'd highly recommend that for this build, I didn't do it often enough and the survivability in higher level heroics was bad because of it. What was fun is that I discovered there's a way to activate both the nature's warrior stances (fatal harrier and reaving roar) at once. Unfortunately it went back to WAI on death and I haven't been able to replicate it but it had something to do with enhancement resetting.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 2:05am:
I'd highly recommend that for this build, I didn't do it often enough and the survivability in higher level heroics was bad because of it. What was fun is that I discovered there's a way to activate both the nature's warrior stances (fatal harrier and reaving roar) at once. Unfortunately it went back to WAI on death and I haven't been able to replicate it but it had something to do with enhancement resetting.

Crazy Tongue

I pretty much always start building heavily into PRR in the later epics, survivability is basically nill without it. I haven't yet discovered the magic formula, but when U32 hits it will get so very much easier...

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #11 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:07am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 4:34pm:
Crazy Tongue

I pretty much always start building heavily into PRR in the later epics, survivability is basically nill without it. I haven't yet discovered the magic formula, but when U32 hits it will get so very much easier...

When U32 hits we'll be able to take full advantage of the power creep even at low level heroics. I'm pretty sure it'll make the game till level 15 even more brainless than it already is which is a shame.

That being said I try to maximize DPS as much as possible till like level 16, once the enemies get noticeably spongier I usually start building more around defenses.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:07am:
When U32 hits we'll be able to take full advantage of the power creep even at low level heroics. I'm pretty sure it'll make the game till level 15 even more brainless than it already is which is a shame.

That being said I try to maximize DPS as much as possible till like level 16, once the enemies get noticeably spongier I usually start building more around defenses.

I haven't really played early heroics in a while, aside from a few stints in korthos. You can level 1 to 4 in like an hour, but after that it starts to crawl. And I'm a gear-junkie, the stuff you have at the low levels just doesn't impress me.

But being able to craft Sheltering of Insightful Sheltering? That is going to be kind of nice!

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #13 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
are people using light armor/evasion/evasive dance now or is survivalist just for hp and to spend points?

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 3:02pm:
are people using light armor/evasion/evasive dance now

No.

eighnuss wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 3:02pm:
or is survivalist just for hp and to spend points?

Yes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint