Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wolf Build (Read 6501 times)
SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Wolf Build
Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
What's the most current wolf build?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Wolf Build
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:00am
Print Post  
10dr/6ftr/5rgr

tier 5 kensei for single target or tier 5 tempest for dance of trash.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:00am:
10dr/6ftr/5rgr

21 levels of unstoppable beast Tongue

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:56am:
21 levels of unstoppable beast Tongue

op. 9/6/5 doe

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:48am:
op. 9/6/5 doe

lelkek  Wink

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
10dr/6ftr/5rgr

PM please.   Smiley

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
ZOMG!!! WOOF LETZ YEW TAKE 21 LEVELZ!! OVERPOWERED MUCH?!?!?!?!  Cheesy

[fixed]
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2016 at 9:18am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:28pm:
ZOMG!!! WOOF LETZ YEW TAKE 21 LEVELZ!! OVERPOWERED MUCH?!?!?!?!

You broke the streak of posts with emoticons in them.  So sad.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #8 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:48am:
op. 9/6/5 doe

Is 9 druid better than 8 fighter if going T5 kensai?
Without 8 fighter you can't pick the t4 weapon enhancement (+2 hit/dmg) and the t5 one (+3 hit/dmg) also 8 ftr nets you a feat for 2 melee power.

EDIT: Atleast 8 druid for winter wolf which is too much of an upgrade from regular wolf to give up i suppose. But if you're going t5 kensai would ft8 dr8 r4 work? Seems like you wouldn't miss anything major from ranger 5 besides a favored enemy.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2016 at 10:53am by Bushin »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #9 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 11:58am
Print Post  
dance of trash

This is just too good to give up IMO. I crushed the trash with it last life. My goal in every quest was to out kill the warlocks. It didn't happen every quests, but enough quests to make it worth taking.

I still raped the bosses as well.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Sep 21st, 2016 at 8:40am:
Is 9 druid better than 8 fighter if going T5 kensai?

natural fighting feats start at druid lv 9. that is too much doublestrike to leave behind. for most quests tempest tier 5 is faster clear speed. kensei tier 5 is better vs portals and reds.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1430127586/99#99

9d/6f/5r is good for the kensei single target version.

I would rather have Dance of Death from Tempest though, so 10d/6r/4f.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 21st, 2016 at 7:23pm:
9d/6f/5r is good for the kensei single target version.

I would rather have Dance of Death from Tempest though, so 10d/6r/4f.

you can still take tier 5 tempest with 5 rgr levels. the flexibility to swap to either tier 5 makes up for not having 10th druid level or 6th ranger and manyshot.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 21st, 2016 at 4:13pm:
natural fighting feats start at druid lv 9. that is too much doublestrike to leave behind. for most quests tempest tier 5 is faster clear speed. kensei tier 5 is better vs portals and reds.

Yeah you're right. Completely forgot about natural fighting. Then that only leaves the ranger levels to play with and dropping ranger to 3 seems ill advised. I agree that t5 tempest is more sexy due to dance of death.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 21st, 2016 at 8:04pm:
you can still take tier 5 tempest with 5 rgr levels. the flexibility to swap to either tier 5 makes up for not having 10th druid level or 6th ranger and manyshot.

If you commit to Tempest, then you free up an extra feat for +2 melee power, get another useful 5th level spell, another useful 1st level ranger spell, and Exposing Strike.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #15 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
how much more single target dps comes out of the kensai version at the cost of a literal dps multiplier in Dance of Death? it would need to add like fucking 400% (number is not accurate) more dps to break even with Dance build in a circumstance where it matters. i dont mind a boss taking a little bit longer maybe 35 seconds instead of 30, so that u can clear a red alert LE parade 4x faster. i mean we are essentially talking about 4x dps and 4x damage mitigation because we are 'addressing' 4x threats a little bit slower than a kensai build would 'handle' 1. hitting 4 targets for 10 damage each is greater dps than hitting 1 for for 20 in the same time frame, and that comparison is implying kensai build is 200% the damage of dance build. im sure the actual difference is much smaller.

is this not accurate?

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 11:14am:
If you commit to Tempest, then you free up an extra feat for +2 melee power

6th ranger granting itwf is the same as 6th fighter giving another feat. The difference would be spells, manyshot.

5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 11:14am:
Exposing Strike.

meh. harrier/killer/stalwart/and a tier 5 takes all the ap anyway. and not like kensei doesnt offer 1x crit multi, deadly strike, good death, and 40 melee power.

eighnuss wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 11:24am:
is this not accurate?

DoD is far superior to clearing trash, but the single target time is much faster than a 5 second increase. this varies per toon basis, next time lama comes up test for yourselves and compare the times. the kensei version should be much faster on single target. Easily more than 5 seconds. Probably around 20. It has close to the same single target dps as a monk wolf or tilo's rogue wolf.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #17 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 5:51pm:
DoD is far superior to clearing trash, but the single target time is much faster than a 5 second increase. this varies per toon basis, next time lama comes up test for yourselves and compare the times. the kensei version should be much faster on single target. Easily more than 5 seconds. Probably around 20. It has close to the same single target dps as a monk wolf or tilo's rogue wolf.

but what of the indirect damage mitigation, do you claim the single target dps is so superior that the incoming damage bias is negligible

Edited:
and the dps loss of throwing more heals more often if not
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:28pm by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:26pm:
but what of the indirect damage mitigation, do you claim the single target dps is so superior that the incoming damage bias is negligible

no, i prefer DoD. But I would, in some groups, like the option to switch to kensei tier 5. like, if my friends are on their warlocks. I get to make boss fights faster for them while they handle trash aoe.

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:11am
Print Post  
There is also a druid/monk/ftr that uses the 11.75d10 or whatever weapon dice damage for unarmed, but I am no expert.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 6:00am
Print Post  
fr8o wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 5:11am:
There is also a druid/monk/ftr that uses the 11.75d10 or whatever weapon dice damage for unarmed, but I am no expert.

cant stack swf without ranger levels.

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #21 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
True you trade the ranger and swf/twf for base damage.  Did not try it myself, but talked to a few people running the build.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #22 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:35pm:
my friends

SSOIDH

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #23 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:40pm:
SSOIDH

ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็  ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็    ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็      ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #24 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:51pm:
                               ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็  ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็    ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็      ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็
้้้้้็็็็็

What is this?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint