Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Someone catch me up on Reaper (Read 7243 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Someone catch me up on Reaper
Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:02am
Print Post  
My understanding:

1. Higher HP mobs
2. Less dmg from players
3. More dmg TO players
4. Some immunities?

Bigger question: Why play it besides challenge? Is there better gear?

EDIT: Ok just read http://ddowiki.com/page/Reaper ; which answers most all of this.

New question: If indeed self-healing is nerfed 96% on 10 skull, then doesn't that require a healer now? I mean, unless your kiting is flawless.

Someone explain plox
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:06am by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Someone catch me up on Reaper
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Strategy is mostly TBD, but the general game plan I'm hearing seems to be similar to old epics:

Party makeup is 1 CC, 1 Heals, 4 DPS.  Maybe 1 tank and 3 DPS, depending.  But CC > tanking.

CC the shit outta stuff and then beat the hell out of it. 

The reasons will be varied.  Lower skulls will probably be seen as more challenging than current elite and offers the chance of some better gear rewards.  Higher skulls will probably be resource intensive, time intensive in comparison to lower skulls and will probably be sub-optimal for farming new gear and XP, depending on the drop rates and xp earns, but will be attempted for the challenge and the achievements section. 

P.S.  running reaper difficulty will also make sure you don't have to run with Qhualor, as he has been adamant that he won't run it.  So, that's a plus for Reaper, too.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:39am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:38am:
P.S.  running reaper difficulty will also make sure you don't have to run with Qhualor, as he has been adamant that he won't run it.  So, that's a plus for Reaper, too.  Cheesy

This fucking sells it for me.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 11:34am
Print Post  
P.S.  running reaper difficulty will also make sure you don't have to run with Qhualor

I am pretty sure the airship won't have reaper mode anyway.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 11:34am:
I am pretty sure the airship won't have reaper mode anyway.

Fair point.   Grin

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Will Reaper increase the drop rate on named items/rare drop rates? EG, is this now a valid way to finally get my fucking eSoS shard? lol

Fuckin ran in to that prick on the mobos recently. I never fully appreciate how awful some folks are until I watch them be morons all over a thread.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Reaper. Where the unprepared get (10) skull fucked.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Watch as Reaper still fails to satisfy the requests for higher difficulty, and is met with lists of things people paid for but want taken away to make the game "harder".

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:02am:
New question: If indeed self-healing is nerfed 96% on 10 skull, then doesn't that require a healer now? I mean, unless your kiting is flawless.

Someone explain plox

Everyone brings cocoon or equivalent as per normal and tags eachother with it instead of self-healing. [insert circle jerk joke here]

WF and PM need not apply and will be booted on sight.

I predict optimal party composition will be 6x ranged DPS, but instead of everyone breakneck sprinting backwards to completion while holding down the left mouse button, they will stick together, forming a phalanx to annihilate all mobs as soon as they enter maximum draw distance as they casually strut forward through the dungeon like the new sheriffs in town.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:08pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 2:07pm:
I predict optimal party composition will be 6x ranged DPS, but instead of everyone breakneck sprinting backwards to completion while holding down the left mouse button, they will stick together, forming a phalanx to annihilate all mobs as soon as they enter maximum draw distance as they casually strut forward through the dungeon like the new sheriffs in town.

I'm pretty sure one ranger walking forwards holding down left click will still be fun.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #10 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
My guess is 6 shiradi zombies that stay in range of eachs aura and spam shit like there is no tomororw.
With the crit damage/spell power even heavily nerfed it can still be a decent selfheal /bravo for op broken lv 24 spell crit damage feat and whatever moron inserted it into the game and broken supremacy sticking to aura for full duration.

Party comps for efficient players will be something like 5 ranged dps 1 tank, dps preferebly shiradi zombs that can handle trash til boss and tank kiting boss in circles and spaming intimi or some shit til the shiradis kill it.

For more casual players it will prolly be 2-3 dedicated cc/instakillers 1-2 healers a tank and a dps something.

MIght be wrong with prediction if they dont fix some bugs as some specific builds can exploit some mechanics in current form.
(ive been posting some shit on mb forums and asked kindly that the force guard affects ranged and spells and they entirely removed it, why d fk it was fun and was brutal as melee to get constant 250 + scaling per quest retalitation damage on hit, it woulda been perfect to nerf ranged as well and would be a step closer to the "need healer")

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
ender set is the best thing shiradis can have in reaper. 5k insta kill without a cooldown. and the set also gives spell crit and hp %.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 6:18pm:
ender set is the best thing shiradis can have in reaper. 5k insta kill without a cooldown. and the set also gives spell crit and hp %.

How many HPs do the mobs in reaper have? Wouldn't you still need to dps them a ton before the 5k cap ender takes effect?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:50pm:
My guess is 6 shiradi zombies that stay in range of eachs aura and spam shit like there is no tomororw.
With the crit damage/spell power even heavily nerfed it can still be a decent selfheal /bravo for op broken lv 24 spell crit damage feat and whatever moron inserted it into the game and broken supremacy sticking to aura for full duration.

Party comps for efficient players will be something like 5 ranged dps 1 tank, dps preferebly shiradi zombs that can handle trash til boss and tank kiting boss in circles and spaming intimi or some shit til the shiradis kill it.

For more casual players it will prolly be 2-3 dedicated cc/instakillers 1-2 healers a tank and a dps something.

MIght be wrong with prediction if they dont fix some bugs as some specific builds can exploit some mechanics in current form.
(ive been posting some shit on mb forums and asked kindly that the force guard affects ranged and spells and they entirely removed it, why d fk it was fun and was brutal as melee to get constant 250 + scaling per quest retalitation damage on hit, it woulda been perfect to nerf ranged as well and would be a step closer to the "need healer")

Causing ranged and casters to automatically take damage on every hit is idiotic. They would become entirely useless. You would only have tanks painfully slowly whittling down mobs for ages.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 8:47pm:
Causing ranged and casters to automatically take damage on every hit is idiotic. They would become entirely useless. You would only have tanks painfully slowly whittling down mobs for ages.

Agreed.  They should drop the guards entirely.  Anything that does about 25-50% of the average non-crit damage of PC at the attack rates they give PC's will destroy a PC in a second or two.  We only have the DPS we do because the mobs have 2-3 orders of magnitude more HP than PC's do.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 8:38pm:
Wouldn't you still need to dps them a ton before the 5k cap ender takes effect?

and?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #16 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:03am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 8:47pm:

They removed it, was a idiotic guard punishing anything that attacks multiple times in a second (melees)

Might be my fault indirectly that they removed since i found it idiotic in the first place and made a mess on lamasection.
Some might hate the removal, but most will be gratefull.
To be hit in slavers for 600 force damage every time i attack a mob with that guard was a bit brutal, no idea what or who could heal through that.
(it was a fun guard, would demolish ranged if it worked on ranged as well xD, you could do nothing as melee when you saw that thing, i have 1800 hp as a dps oriented melee, and dont want to use gsteel 5 set, tho might think about it now since you know.... ender op andi have sustained high dstrike so with every hit i took 1200 damage // force and we have only 1 item to reduce force damage in the game im aware off , when healing debuff is back it would be impossible even in a good group to dps such a mob in le 10 skulls as a melee, ranged have it easy atm with whole reaper)
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:06am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #17 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 6:18pm:

Shiradi imho are best atm (zombs, even with heavy nerfed neg healing its still better then anything else was during first preview).
Maybe some kind shuri build with neg level augment and neg level thforged and ember as well, no idea if wraiths con drain could be useful, to make a wraith shuri thing?
Should ask steel when he shows up to modify his old wraith shuri  build hmm.

(if they fix pets that would be most optimal)
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:11am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Thx ledouch, this game would be dying without your help.

They should rename this difficulty in your honor, isntead repaer it should be called gay and retarded horse shit.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 6:22am by LagMonsterrrrrr »  

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 9:13pm:
and?

What's the point of it then? you get to do a ton of DPSing still for a 5% chance to maybe get a kill-steal?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:21am
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 7:31am:
What's the point of it then? you get to do a ton of DPSing still for a 5% chance to maybe get a kill-steal?

being able to knock off 5k hp on aoe spam, without a cooldown, in reaper : is invaluable. dps isnt like how it is on live. every melee will want neg level weapons and every shiradi will want ender. most trash has 10-15k hp outside of raids. it's a 50%-33% increase in "dps".

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:21am:
being able to knock off 5k hp on aoe spam, without a cooldown, in reaper : is invaluable. dps isnt like how it is on live. every melee will want neg level weapons and every shiradi will want ender. most trash has 10-15k hp outside of raids. it's a 50%-33% increase in "dps".

+1

Nightmare and thunderforded here we come.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:33am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #22 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:31am:
+1

Nightmare and thunderforded here we come.

Woo!!!

Woo!

Woo.

Woo woo woo woo woo.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #23 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
This really depends on what the standard is.  I would be surprised if 10 skull is it.  In 5 skull DPS kills faster.

In 10 skull the woo woo blades were better.

I can't think of anything better than an enders spammer though
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:21pm by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #24 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:02am:
My
1. Higher HP mobs