Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Spell Resistance on Deep Gnomes (Read 1096 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Spell Resistance on Deep Gnomes
Feb 26th, 2017 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Racial feat of 10+ lv. Character sheet shows the 40.

Gets weird when I equip SR items. SR 51 item gets me to 51.
ISR 25 item gets me nothing.
Combining both items/ or both shards on one item gets the stated 76.

How is deep gnome racial sr coded then? Why wouldnt it get the ISR but will get the +11 from the 51 sr? And then will only stack the ISR 25 once SR 51 item is equipped. Why wont it notice the deep gnome and add the 40 to ISR 25 and get 65?
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2017 at 6:45am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Re: Spell Resistance on Deep Gnomes
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Same as Drow racial and Monk class spell resistance. It doesn't stack with items.

Your regular and insightful spell resistance values have to exceed the racial value.

I don't know if they've said if this is WAI or not. It would make sense to have it type as regular old spell resistance so insightful would stack but a regular SR item wouldn't. But I'm not a rock star.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Deltabravo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Yeah there is something odd going on, pn a Deep gnome SR:

I have the 40 from racial
When i put on ISR i still have 40.

when i cast the spell SR. i go to 51.
If i remove the item that gives me ISR when spell is casted i go back to 40-

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Right. You get the greater of gear based SR OR racial/class based SR. Racial and class based SR doesn't get counted as an enhancement bonus like you might expect it would. The two spell resistance types basically run in parallel. Not saying I like it but it's how it appears to work and the devs haven't said whether it's WAI or not.

So as an example, your level 17 deep gnome slaps on a 10 insightful SR item and a level 17 cleric casts Spell Resistance on him. He gets 29 enhancement from the spell plus 10 insightful for a total of 39. 39 is greater than his 27 racial spell resistance so 39 shows in the character sheet and on his checks. He runs into one of the beholders in Rainbow in the Dark and gets the spell resistance spell anti-magic stripped. Now his remaining gear SR is 10 insightful so he gets the benefit of his racial 27 instead.

Occult slayer probably works the same way as the other class or race based spell resistance but I haven't bothered testing.

The only thing potentially interesting is if casters have to roll twice, once against each type. Otherwise they should just change the race and class versions to an enhancement bonus like everyone expects them to work.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 4:11pm:
Occult slayer probably works the same way as the other class or race based spell resistance but I haven't bothered testing.

OS works with drow racial SR. tested this a while back. Got to 100~ sr rather easily.

Just stupid that racial doesnt stack with ISR. I mean, it isn't even something with a slight potential of abuse.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 4:44pm:
OS works with drow racial SR. tested this a while back. Got to 100~ sr rather easily.

Just stupid that racial doesnt stack with ISR. I mean, it isn't even something with a slight potential of abuse.

Nice to know about it stacking although I suspect the number of pure 20 drow or deep gnome barbarians in occult slayer is going to be pretty low. That combo could be the only way to get to no fail spell resistance though.

Yeah I prefer they change it to enhancement so it would stack properly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint