Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Completionist, for beginners (Read 13246 times)
QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Completionist, for beginners
Reply #50 - May 30th, 2017 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Arganthonius wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:03am:
I don't understand what's so great about lvl 8 slaver's gear. It seems to be around as good as lvl 10 normal gear.

The Heavy armor and Docent is basically a Heroic Litany with a green slot.
The Executioner's Helm is the best part of the black dragon armors, plus most of a ring of the stalker.
The Ring of Power has the melee alacrity to last for a long time, plus Quality STR and Command.

Arganthonius wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:03am:
As for TOEE, the caster weapons have relatively low spell power compared to lvl 12 gear.
Is there something I'm missing? And what gear specifically should I be looking for?

I’m not sure the caster weapons are the big deal.  All the named weapons have 1.5W, which is normally reserved for level 10+ weapons.  And, many have some spiffy crit profiles:
- Assassin's Kiss: +1 Multiplier
- Cranium Cracker: +1 Threat, +1 Multiplier
- Elemental Bloom: +2 Threat, +1 Multiplier
- Periron's Talon: +1 Multiplier
- Sapphire Sting: +2 Threat Range
- Spinal Tap: +1 Crit Multiplier
- Golden Orb of Death: Insightful Spell Lore and another on hit temp SP proc.

IP Logged

Arganthonius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - May 30th, 2017 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
I can definitely see that. I thought he was referring to the crafted gear.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #52 - Jun 10th, 2017 at 8:09am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 8:19pm:
If you're gonna grind anything then do Cannith Crafting and Slavers (Heroic / Epic) since they have big bang for buck.

The amount of completionists I see running around in their underwear is hilarious when all those past lives don't compare to optimal gear at level.

I keep meaning to come back to this because I think it's really good advice that got completely overlooked.

If you take the time to max out Cannith crafting (which is a fucking slow, grindy, pain in the ass but - THANK YOU DUPERS!  I owe someone a big thanks for helping me max it out in days after working on it for years), a batman build is totally a viable option.

It breaks down when you hit epic, but since the thread is about heroic anyways, I almost never use named gear because it's not as powerful as what I can custom craft with Cannith.  I had a barbarian that could solo just about 95% of the quest in the game up until levels 18 or so - and that only breaks down because you hit more and more quests that aren't solo friendly because of the levels or what have you.

The downside is it does take a lot of time to grind the crafting levels up (unless there's still some functional exploits) and you spend insane amounts of time sorting through the auction house looking for the perfect gear (right colored gem slot mostly) to make new gear as you progress.

I kind of gave it up because the addition of damage and magic protection made it harder to slot everything I needed, but if the new Cannith system is an improvement over the old, yeah, this is totally a thing and should not be overlooked.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint