Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Completionist, for beginners (Read 13234 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Completionist, for beginners
Reply #25 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:45pm:
Neither is recommending a mechanic build over a shuricannon but you did.  =P

I am aware I was being pedantic, but the pedantry was intentional in response to Jak's intentional obtuseness.  You just decided to jump into the middle of the stupid so I responded in kind. 

Man speaking of glass cannon. You're ego is on a fucking hair trigger dude. I told you that you were wrong. I didn't say you're retarded, or your mother was a donkey, or that you were bad at DDO.

Your refutation of my assertion that I can outkill cheeselocks in 18+ quests was to simply suggest I was lying. Why would I lie about that? Moreover, where's your proof that I haven't or that these builds can't do that? You don't have the benefit of the doubt, I do.

I've run 7 RR's since I was last capped, and the first 3 were thrower builds (12monk/6Ranger). Once I have IPS, 10k, Greensteel/eStar shuri's, ~70'ish AP, cannith crafted/rand gen twink gear, Litany, frozen tunic, gilvs set, haste pots, (and so on), I was consistently outkilling my Warlocks from my guild and others on Khyber. GOOs, Fiends, and Feys. Most of them had just as OP gear and similiar PLs/EPLs, tomes, etc.

I urge you to try if since you're so interested in shuri builds as you claim.

36 DwS
11 NsP
24 AA
1 Helf/Human
-----
72 AP

You can have 50-56 Dex pretty easily at level 18. I imagine with everything including more temp buffs you could even hit 60+. That along with 20%+(Killer:20)% Doubleshot in DwS, and up to 3/6/10% Doubleshot PL. You can wear up to Doubleshot +6 gear if you can find or craft it. +2 from ship. You're looking at about 2.5 shuri per throw before 10k. During 10k that goes to over 3 per throw. With Haste and 18BaB from Tensers (and Gilvs if you have it, I do) you are actually throwing pretty fast.

When you hit 10k, and RP Boost, then Sniper Shot>Head Shot>Aimed Shot>Sniper Shot (with 7d8 Elemental arrows * ~120 spellpower per shuri + SA damage) you kill virtually any pack of mobs in any ml18-19 content people are running right now doing rr's. If you're good with IPS and work at it, you will outkill anyone.

It's completely disgusting. Now get off my lawn.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #26 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:28am
Print Post  
I just recently started from scratch (sold my triple completionist 10 months ago)

I recommend doing pally lives first imo, the heal amp is baller and pally is fairly user friendly for newbies or not tons of gear oldies. if you have/do bladeforged you can get 3 pally 3 iconic pls pretty quick and easy giving you heal amp and fort.

From there depends on what you like to play, casters I like sorc first for the evo bonus which helps pretty much all caster play. Ranged grab some ranger for the +2 dmg. Melee monk or fighter.

Arti is a fav of mine to do also, the skills especially UMD boost is a huge help getting no fail heal and rez scrolls earlier.

mixing up key iconics when able i.e bladeforged fort, pdk prr, deep gnome mrr are prolly my big 3 on iconics.

I wouldnt do just 1-20 on non iconics either, ED pl feats are even more powerful than regular class. So on non iconics run 1-30 pick up a class and ed pl. I like divine and primal first as the hps and prr passives are good for every class looking at multiple TRs.

I wouldnt focus to much on racial TRing as a new toon to much. if you dont want triple class past lifes, you can start doing racials once you get the class past lifes you want and still do ED pls.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:48am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Man speaking of glass cannon. You're ego is on a fucking hair trigger dude. I told you that you were wrong. I didn't say you're retarded, or your mother was a donkey, or that you were bad at DDO.

Your refutation of my assertion that I can outkill cheeselocks in 18+ quests was to simply suggest I was lying. Why would I lie about that? Moreover, where's your proof that I haven't or that these builds can't do that? You don't have the benefit of the doubt, I do.

I've run 7 RR's since I was last capped, and the first 3 were thrower builds (12monk/6Ranger). Once I have IPS, 10k, Greensteel/eStar shuri's, ~70'ish AP, cannith crafted/rand gen twink gear, Litany, frozen tunic, gilvs set, haste pots, (and so on), I was consistently outkilling my Warlocks from my guild and others on Khyber. GOOs, Fiends, and Feys. Most of them had just as OP gear and similiar PLs/EPLs, tomes, etc.

36 DwS
11 NsP
24 AA
1 Helf/Human
-----
72 AP

You can have 50-56 Dex pretty easily at level 18. I imagine with everything including more temp buffs you could even hit 60+. That along with 20%+(Killer:20)% Doubleshot in DwS, and up to 3/6/10% Doubleshot PL. You can wear up to Doubleshot +6 gear if you can find or craft it. +2 from ship. You're looking at about 2.5 shuri per throw before 10k. During 10k that goes to over 3 per throw. With Haste and 18BaB from Tensers (and Gilvs if you have it, I do) you are actually throwing pretty fast.

When you hit 10k, and RP Boost, then Sniper Shot>Head Shot>Aimed Shot>Sniper Shot (with 7d8 Elemental arrows * ~120 spellpower per shuri + SA damage) you kill virtually any pack of mobs in any ml18-19 content people are running right now doing rr's. If you're good with IPS and work at it, you will outkill anyone.

He states all of heroics and into lower level epics. You say at level 18 and higher.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #28 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:48am:
He states all of heroics and into lower level epics. You say at level 18 and higher.

I was responding DIRECTLY to an accusation that I am/was lying about thrower at 18 being competitive. Read the thread or shut up. I never suggested thrower for the OP to do lots of lives on. Though you can do 12/6 and become a thrower using TWF/wraps or SS before 16-18. But that's not what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 12:01pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #29 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:39pm:

36 DwS
11 NsP
24 AA
1 Helf/Human
-----
72 AP

My Ego?  I'm not the one that shitposts in every thread with a shuri build using a Capt. Obvious class and AP layout claiming they copied me and should thank me and tell me how great I am.

I never said you were lying.  You probably do out kill some warlocks.  I said you were either using an exception trying to disprove the rule or you are running with some mediocre warlocks. 

I ran a shuri with a very similar AP layout right after I ran a warlock PL.  I use all the gear you listed except the Gilvanors set.  The shuri did fine at 18+ but my warlock still cleared faster until upper epics.  I'm not saying shuri builds suck at 18+, I'm just saying they aren't kings of the hill until mid to upper epics.

The warlock sequence is Spirit Blast --> Eldritch burst --> (aura tic somewhere in there) --> oops, mobs are usuaully dead.  No more buttons needed.  2 button kills are faster than 3-5 button kills.  As an added bonus, you can throw in a meta'd Evard's while you charge towards the horde if needed.  The mobs don't have to be lined up nicely like they do for IPS. 

I think shuri builds require more skill and are more fun than warlocks, but a proper auralock is a face-melting AE bomb in mid heroics through mid epics.  Warlocks start slowing down in upper epics and/or higher skull reaper once mobs get enough HPs to take more than one round of aura tics, spirit blast and eldritch burst due to the cooldowns.   That's when shuris start pulling ahead since they can autoattack while waiting on cooldown timers. 

P.S.  Not sure why you're not using Merciful Shot in your rotation after Sniper Shot --> Head Shot since that combo will generally have mobs in SA mode and below half health at that point. 

Merciful Shot - Deals +3[W] damage. On Sneak Attack: If the target is below 50% health, deal 500 damage. This damage scales with 100% Ranged Power.

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:59pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
The warlock sequence is Spirit Blast --> Eldritch burst --> (aura tic somewhere in there) --> oops, mobs are usuaully dead.  No more buttons needed.  2 button kills are faster than 3-5 button kills.  As an added bonus, you can throw in a meta'd Evard's while you charge towards the horde if needed.  The mobs don't have to be lined up nicely like they do for IPS. 

I think shuri builds require more skill and are more fun than warlocks, but a proper auralock is a face-melting AE bomb in mid heroics through mid epics.  Warlocks start slowing down in upper epics and/or higher skull reaper once mobs get enough HPs to take more than one round of aura tics, spirit blast and eldritch burst due to the cooldowns.   That's when shuris start pulling ahead since they can autoattack while waiting on cooldown timers

This is how I know you're a filthy casual.

Auralocks are WAY down the list of speed to kill trash TR'ing by 18+. Auralocks are the easiest to outkill in 18+. The hard ones are my guildies and friends in LD, ER, Gypsys, etc. on Khyber who play DC Warlocks. But I can catch them too.

Auralocks are a crutch for people without good gear/PLs and who need the extra HP from shining through. The next 3 lives I did after Throwers during RR were Warlock builds (Auralock, DC GOO and DC Fiend). Now I'm doing Evoker Pure FvS and Implosion is OP.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:05pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
P.S.  Not sure why you're not using Merciful Shot in your rotation after Sniper Shot --> Head Shot since that combo will generally have mobs in SA mode and below half health at that point. 

Merciful Shot - Deals +3[W] damage. On Sneak Attack: If the target is below 50% health, deal 500 damage. This damage scales with 100% Ranged Power.

Typo. I use Merciful Shot, constantly.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #32 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
My Ego?  I'm not the one that shitposts in every thread with a shuri build using a Capt. Obvious class and AP layout claiming they copied me and should thank me and tell me how great I am.

Have you tried it though? Maybe thanking him & telling him how great he is will shut him up.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #33 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:34pm:
Have you tried it though? Maybe thanking him & telling him how great he is will shut him up.

You guys should get together and neurotically twitch and panic attack with one another

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
get together and neurotically twitch and panic attack with one another

sounds like my dating life.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:30pm:
sounds like my dating life.

if you had a dating life?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:30pm:
if you had a dating life?

savage

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #37 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
For months that same conversation was happening. Except it was going in a cycle of Hags, Grand, Forrest or synonyms.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:44pm by spathic »  

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #38 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
You guys should get together and neurotically twitch and panic attack with one another

Thank you. That is really great advice. You know what? It's probably because you're great.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:44pm:
For months that same conversation was happening. Except it was going in a cycle of Hags, Grand, Forrest or synonyms.

Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 8:44pm:

also, it was years. not months. grand goes way back. guy is deep as fuck.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:26pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
This is how I know you're a filthy casual.

Auralocks are WAY down the list of speed to kill trash TR'ing by 18+. Auralocks are the easiest to outkill in 18+. The hard ones are my guildies and friends in LD, ER, Gypsys, etc. on Khyber who play DC Warlocks. But I can catch them too.

Auralocks are a crutch for people without good gear/PLs and who need the extra HP from shining through. The next 3 lives I did after Throwers during RR were Warlock builds (Auralock, DC GOO and DC Fiend). Now I'm doing Evoker Pure FvS and Implosion is OP.

This is how I know you have no clue how to properly play a warlock.

harharharhar wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 2:18pm:
Typo. I use Merciful Shot, constantly.

Sure you do.  At least you probably do now...   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:59pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #42 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:57pm:
This is how I know you have no clue how to properly play a warlock.

Sure you do.  At least you probably do now...   Roll Eyes

I typed that entire thing from memory, 4 racial reincarnations ago/almost a month.
Fuck you.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #43 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 10:57am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 11:52pm:
I typed that entire thing from memory, 4 racial reincarnations ago/almost a month.
Fuck you.

See?   This is your problem.  You take this stuff much too seriously.  I was just yanking your chain about Merciful Shot.

I will leave you with this gem though.

harharharhar wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
I generally consider my opponents in an argument to have lost when they devolve into incoherent expletives namecalling.

Grin

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #44 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
savage

people get married just so they can neurotically twitch with someone else all the time. you'll find the right twitcher, dont worry

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #45 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Welcome back Cripey, glad to see you again Smiley

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #46 - Apr 15th, 2017 at 7:10am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 10:30am:
But...if we can assume you are looking for a bang for buck path to power from scratch, I would prioritize thusly:

First, 12 ERs, 3 each in 4 stances suited for your preferred role (Melee=DStrike, Fast Healing, Enchant Weapon, Brace; Ranged=Dshot, Skill Mastery, Enchant Weapon, Brace; etc.) This nets you Epic Completionist, AC, PRR, Absorption, and HP bonuses in addition to the stances.

I don't disagree that Epic PLs are most bang for buck, but GETTING them 12 in a row is not.  It'll be a lot quicker if you intersperse TRs to reset first-time bonuses & wilderness areas after every other ER or so.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #47 - May 29th, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
18 is undisputed gxb dominance time. The latest hopping off point for repeaters.

This.

At 18, my Mech rampaged through content even my Warlocks struggled with, and while I wasn't gimp, I was by no means optimized.

To the OP, I think Bint had a valid point:

PRR/MRR is valuable, much more so than you might think even in Heroics. MRR is harder to come by, and isn't improved by armour, unlike PRR (unless you take Fighter feats to compensate).

Also valid is that Optimal Gear @ Level > Mediocre PL's.

Slaver's Gear: Grind it out, put it on at Lvl 8, and forget it until Lvl 20 (at least).
ToEE Heroic Weapons: A major chore, but they flatten ALL competition at level by a country mile, and it's a toss up even when Greensteel becomes available. Caster sticks are also great value for Sorcs and Warlocks.

These are huge return on your time investment long term. Hours spent here save days or weeks of frustration later on.

If you're running reaper for the max XP/ rXP, you'll be wanting to prioritize Heal Amp as well, and more HPs.

That leaves you with:

• Paladin: +10 Hamp per life x3
  • Barbarian: +10 HP per life x3
  • Warlock: +3 MRR per life x3
  • PDK: +3 PRR & Rallying Cry Speed Boost per life, x3
  • Deep Gnome: +3 MRR & +1 Illusion DC to spells you cast and +5 Acid Spell Power per life, x3
  • Divine PL: Brace- +1 Saves & +3 PRR per past life, x3

Those PLs are useful no matter what class/race you're using, and then you can tailor your other PL's to whatever play style you prefer... eg. Monk PLs for Melee Damage, Ranger for Ranged Damage, Martial ePLs for AC... etc. etc.

I personally prioritize the past lives that are universal first, like racial CON, and then whichever ones I like LEAST so that they're done forever (Fuck You, Halfling PLs!)

Arty and Warlock are arguably the fastest way to stampede through Racial TRs, if you can stand the monotony.

In any event, splashing for traps is a good QoL choice that pays dividends in fewer deaths and higher XP/min.

YMMV.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2017 at 2:17pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Arganthonius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - May 30th, 2017 at 7:03am
Print Post  
I don't understand what's so great about lvl 8 slaver's gear. It seems to be around as good as lvl 10 normal gear.
As for TOEE, the caster weapons have relatively low spell power compared to lvl 12 gear.
Is there something I'm missing? And what gear specifically should I be looking for?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #49 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Arganthonius wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:03am:
I don't understand what's so great about lvl 8 slaver's gear. It seems to be around as good as lvl 10 normal gear.
As for TOEE, the caster weapons have relatively low spell power compared to lvl 12 gear.
Is there something I'm missing? And what gear specifically should I be looking for?

I don't think you're really missing anything.  That's sort of my take on it, too.

From what I could tell, you'd be much better off to go with a Cannith Crafted gear set template and update it every 5 levels or so.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint