Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Why aren't the old packs free yet? (Read 6491 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Why aren't the old packs free yet?
Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Or at least half-off?  Seriously SSG (or whatever the fuck you want to call yourselves...deep down you're still Turbine), there's no sin in selling week old donuts, but you can't seriously expect to keep them at their original price.  No wonder your damned game is dying.

If I never run Tangleroot again, it'll be too soon.  It would have been an amazing two part quest, four at most.  But 10 fucking parts?  Crap quest, crap loot, and Crap XP.  Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.

Catacombs?  Crap.
Sharn Syndicate?  Too short and mostly crap.
Sorrowdusk?  Would have been great if you hadn't stretched each quest into two segments, so...at least half crap.
Seal of Shan-To-Kor?  You're ok STK, keep doing what you're doing...but your loot could use an upgrade.

The fucking waterworks quests are more creative and enjoyable (though equally crappy loot) than these packs.

Either give them away, cut the prices in half, or put some decent loot and XP to at least pretend you care about giving your customers a decent value for the bargain bin items that are the early quest packs.

Pointless rant over.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: Why aren't the old packs free yet?
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:41pm:
Or at least half-off?  Seriously SSG (or whatever the fuck you want to call yourselves...deep down you're still Turbine), there's no sin in selling week old donuts, but you can't seriously expect to keep them at their original price.  No wonder your damned game is dying.

If I never run Tangleroot again, it'll be too soon.  It would have been an amazing two part quest, four at most.  But 10 fucking parts?  Crap quest, crap loot, and Crap XP.  Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.

Catacombs?  Crap.
Sharn Syndicate?  Too short and mostly crap.
Sorrowdusk?  Would have been great if you hadn't stretched each quest into two segments, so...at least half crap.
Seal of Shan-To-Kor?  You're ok STK, keep doing what you're doing...but your loot could use an upgrade.

The fucking waterworks quests are more creative and enjoyable (though equally crappy loot) than these packs.

Either give them away, cut the prices in half, or put some decent loot and XP to at least pretend you care about giving your customers a decent value for the bargain bin items that are the early quest packs.

Pointless rant over.

I thought Tangleroot XP was solid.. maybe only if you farm the run-thru parts?

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Using dimension door in the wilderness area helps speed Sorrowdusk up a little.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:35pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:18am
Print Post  
All those early quests ( along with Threnal ) could use some love... ( especially Threnal )

Sharn Syndicate is not an old one compared to the rest, it came long after ( with F2P or later ) the rest that came with the initial world.

The initial point of view of the devs was that you weren't going to do the chain quests one after the other, but go from one chain to another chain... that's why Sorrowdusk & Tanglerroot have quests spread over so many level. They were never meant to be done back to back, but do one or two part of Tanglerrot, go do some other quests, do one part of Sorrodusk, maybe one from Catacomb, one from STK and come back to Tangleroot ( and so on...

We players found quite early that it wasn't working... when trying to form a group people were always at the wrong stage which was leading to restarting the chains or in red dooring quests. ( well in the early days restarting chains, you couldn't red door ).

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Why aren't SSG paying us to play their game?

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 5:11am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 4:57am:
Why aren't SSG paying us to play their game?

Touché

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Their economic model is severely flawed and has been forcing attrition.  Fortunately reaper hastened the process even move.  At this point though I don't think they have the brain cells left to rub together to figure out how to fix it.

You look at pretty much every growing/successful F2P game these days and they give the content away for free because that's what attracts players and then just sell them on cosmetics, quality of life stuff, etc...

If you had a playerbase with access to all content at the get go, you'd have 4~10x the players buying mirrors of glam, some of the outfits that don't look like ass, tomes, etc... and more.

I signed up for VIP because I figured I'd give SSG a chance but as others accurately predicted it was the same old assholes doing the same old stupid shit and blaming it on 'Turbine holding them back' was just forum pipe dreams.

Instead of fixing the game and revamping the UI, fixing basic engine issues, fixing old content that needs to be modified/revamped/modernized what do we get instead?

Fucking newcomers.  I've taken dumps that were made with more love and care then that pile of shit and they want 10 bucks for it?
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:59am by Zehnpai »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:12am
Print Post  
All those quest chains were designed to stretch out the very little content the game shipped with.

Tangleroot - Let's use the same dungeon 7 x

Sorrowdusk - Let's use 3 dungeons over and over and make the players run back and forth forever so that 2 minute long quests actually seem like an epic chain.

Catacombs - barf .  Luckily I don't have to do this on my Racial TR hamster wheel runs.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Because people are still paying for it.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:29am:
Because people are still paying for it.

Not as much as they were 3 years, 5 years, 10 years ago (easy to calculate by the drop of active players).  It's economics 101 - old products come down in price the older they get.

Crap sells better by volume and with cheaper prices.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #10 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
OK the other side of the coin....

Catacombs - 8 short quests {the running back and forth is the real issue} - 66 Favour {Silver Flame not so important now but that's still fast and easy favour}.

Tangleroot - 10 short quests - 99 Favour - Decent Slayer Zone too.

Sorrowdusk - 10 short quests {yes the running back and forth is annoying even with DDoor} - 117 Favour {One of the best Favour Packs in the game}.

Newcomers - Best New Quest since Haunted Halls! It's not even close - The first quest they've put at the correct base Heroic Level since ooh Lordsmarch II? If you're going to have a go at Newcomers well don't forget all the terrible quests we've had over the past couple of years!

STK - Loot's terrible, Favour's not great, Pt1,2 and 3 are all separate levels.
It's a fantastically playable questchain though - Just change Pt 1, Sacred Helm and Pt 3 to base Lvl 4 same as Pt 2.

Sharn - Worthless, One of the worst packs in the game and a complete and total newbie trap!
Make it F2P
The entire chain is only 36 Favour! The XP is comparatively weak, 2 quests are deathtraps/easily autofailable without a trapper!
And the Named Loot is a Joke because the Devs refused to upgrade it with augment slots and +w damage!
Sharn Syndicate used to be one of my favourite chains when I was new - I loved running it on my Rogue Mechs and Acrobats but even then I hated running it on any other classes/builds!

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:57am by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:44am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:54am:
OK the other side of the coin....

Catacombs - 8 short quests {the running back and forth is the real issue} - 66 Favour {Silver Flame not so important now but that's still fast and easy favour}.

Tangleroot - 10 short quests - 99 Favour - Decent Slayer Zone too.

Sorrowdusk - 10 short quests {yes the running back and forth is annoying even with DDoor} - 117 Favour {One of the best Favour Packs in the game}.

Newcomers - Best New Quest since Haunted Halls! It's not even close - The first quest they've put at the correct base Heroic Level since ooh Lordsmarch II? If you're going to have a go at Newcomers well don't forget all the terrible quests we've had over the past couple of years!

STK - Loot's terrible, Favour's not great, Pt1,2 and 3 are all separate levels.
It's a fantastically playable questchain though - Just change Pt 1, Sacred Helm and Pt 3 to base Lvl 4 same as Pt 2.

Sharn - Worthless, One of the worst packs in the game and a complete and total newbie trap!
Make it F2P
The entire chain is only 36 Favour! The XP is comparatively weak, 2 quests are deathtraps/easily autofailable without a trapper!
And the Named Loot is a Joke because the Devs refused to upgrade it with augment slots and +w damage!
Sharn Syndicate used to be one of my favourite chains when I was new - I loved running it on my Rogue Mechs and Acrobats but even then I hated running it on any other classes/builds!

Why do you talk about favor so much?  Outside of coin lords and house k for inventory and bank space, who cares about favor?  You sound like you are playing DDO back in 2010 or 2011 when people actually gave a shit about favor.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:58am:
Fucking newcomers.  I've taken dumps that were made with more love and care then that pile of shit and they want 10 bucks for it?

And yet... I still hate it less than Black and Blue. Go figure. Also, I haven't paid for content with anything but TP in years.

Their economic model is severely flawed and has been forcing attrition.

I would agree with this. High volume Micro-transactions are the new black.

You look at pretty much every growing/successful F2P game these days and they give the content away for free because that's what attracts players and then just sell them on cosmetics, quality of life stuff, etc...

I think Path of Exile pretty much nailed this right out of the gate. Lessons to be learned. It's all about the merch.

If you had a playerbase with access to all content at the get go, you'd have 4~10x the players buying mirrors of glam, some of the outfits that don't look like ass, tomes, etc... and more.

The issue is: They've painted themselves into a corner with a p2p model and nobody in that Cesspit of Egotism has the guts or leadership to walk out.

If they went full-retard f2p... They could:
  • Balance ALL classes properly
  • Balance all races properly
  • Balance all content correctly
  • Work on QoL and bug fixes that are crippling the game
  • Do a massive marketing push that would likely bring in legions of new players and fund current and future development or even a sequel
  • Attract actual coding talent (and pay them, not enthusiastic but exploited interns)
  • Get their business model out of the Stone Age

Alas, we know none of this is happening, but hey... It's fun to Blue Sky ideas.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #13 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:44am:
Why do you talk about favor so much?  Outside of coin lords and house k for inventory and bank space, who cares about favor?  You sound like you are playing DDO back in 2010 or 2011 when people actually gave a shit about favor.

Thank you for asking my question Grin

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 2:42pm
Print Post  

Because Favor = Free TP for content and other toys.

Also works if you're still grinding out 5k Favor for +5 tomes, which have a treacherously low drop rate in raids nobody plays anymore.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 2:42pm:

Also works if you're still grinding out 5k Favor for +5 tomes, which have a treacherously low drop rate in raids nobody plays anymore.

Oh.  Gotcha.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #16 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 4:31pm
Print Post  

Yeah...I have to admit, I care a lot more about favor now than I did a few years ago.  I'm not going to push myself to grind it out, but I'm hoping to earn enough to pick up one of the new MMs, because I sure as fuck ain't giving Turbine anymore of my money till they massively drop their prices.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #17 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:20pm
Print Post  

^^ I won't shovel money into their pockets anymore, especially for tomes and I get about 600TP each life for free. That is all I need for now.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #18 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:44am:
I think Path of Exile pretty much nailed this right out of the gate. Lessons to be learned. It's all about the merch.

Yeah, bingo. I spend way more on PoE than I do on DDO. They love their game, and it shows. I want to support them and I'll gladly throw dollars at the game to buy cosmetics to show my support.

Metal-Beast wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:44am:
The issue is: They've painted themselves into a corner with a p2p model and nobody in that Cesspit of Egotism has the guts or leadership to walk out.

If they went full-retard f2p... They could:
Balance ALL classes properly
Balance all races properly
Balance all content correctly
Work on QoL and bug fixes that are crippling the game
Do a massive marketing push that would likely bring in legions of new players and fund current and future development or even a sequel
Attract actual coding talent (and pay them, not enthusiastic but exploited interns)
Get their business model out of the Stone Age

Alas, we know none of this is happening, but hey... It's fun to Blue Sky ideas.

If they did the first 4, the 5th wouldn't just bring in new players, it would bring back old ones driven away by the poor quality and antagonistic attitude DDO has presented over the last few years.

An old engine and dated graphics present no obstacle to a customer base motivated largely by nostalgia. It's the crap performance, bugs, and the arrogant attitude  of the visible staff that prevent the game from being the cult classic it could be.

I play other games with most of my former DDO guild mates, and they still tease me "Are you still playing that piece of crap and does it still suck" and I have to answer "on and off, and yes".  They'd come back in a heartbeat if SSG took the "full retard" path you describe.

Another reason is it's something to work for with measurable progress. It may not be the biggest motivator, but for me, it's like personal challenges I set myself like seeing if I can get through a quest without using the shrine, or seeing if I can get through the quest without taking my character out of run mode. For those of us who don't play often enough to get the new gear before it's obsolete, it's something else to judge our progress by.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Balance is a myth.  Blizzard has infinity resources, billions of hours of logs, an API that allows for really in depth analysis of combat, plenty of brilliant minds and overly simple classes and they still can't balance for shit.

Right now you have what...Sev and Steel doing most of the balancing in DDO?  We know for a fact that Sev is awful at the game and Steel likes to overtune something fierce whenever he gets his hands on things (Drow bolt anyone?).

I know Lynn is redoing character paths so god help us there.
Watching her stream is just frustrating.  Not nearly as bad as Jerry stream so there is that at least.

So even if you dumped tons of cash on them they still wouldn't be able to balance shit.  DDO has never been balanced and never will be.  If they had any semblence or concern for balance DC casting would have been nerfed/fixed ages ago, melee wouldn't be plowing through mobs like butter, ranged wouldn't have to rely on cheesey gimmicks to contribute, spell DPS outside of the shiradi sploit build wouldn't be such a laughable joke.

Speaking of which, don't worry, Sev tried out a Zombie Shiradi and he doesn't see what the big deal is so we're safe there.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:14pm by Zehnpai »  

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
I have those packs and dont even play that shit... Too little xp and shit loot.. if i could sell them back now, i would..  Cheesy

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:12pm:
Watching her stream is just frustrating.  Not nearly as bad as Jerry stream so there is that at least.

You mean the intern that uses a total of 2 whole hotbars in their UI, has Dance of Death and Growing Storm hotkeyed on a wolf but doesn't use them most of the time, and who uses the mouse to activate the hotbuttons on those two hotbars?  Not sure that's a step up from Cordocant.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2017 at 4:03pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #22 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 11:05am
Print Post  
So even if you dumped tons of cash on them they still wouldn't be able to balance shit.

Of course not, consider who's doing it.

Balance is a myth.  Blizzard has infinity resources, billions of hours of logs, an API that allows for really in depth analysis of combat, plenty of brilliant minds and overly simple classes and they still can't balance for shit.

This is comparing apples and oranges. WoW uses an entirely different system which is unfettered by the D&D license and d20 system (not that DDO uses d20 anymore, but whatever).

Also, nobody seems to talk about the fact WoW has been bleeding players badly for years now because of that same ridiculous imbalance. New players are so hopelessly behind the curve they don't even bother past the f2p introductory levels.

Those character paths are hot garbage. They'd be better of with 5-foot-Step's Beginner Builds, which isn't saying much.

And that's NOT a slight on 5Fs. There's only so much you can polish a turd.

DDO has never been balanced and never will be.

Likely because D&D 3.5 wasn't balanced. See "licensing" above.

If they had any semblence or concern for balance DC casting would have been nerfed/fixed ages ago, melee wouldn't be plowing through mobs like butter, ranged wouldn't have to rely on cheesey gimmicks to contribute, spell DPS outside of the shiradi sploit build wouldn't be such a laughable joke.

All of this was true...

Until Reaper.

Ranged is where it's at in Reaper. Or bring a Warlock and blast away.

One Carnage reaper ends and Melee's reaper run in 1 or two shots, at any number of Skulls. 3 to 4 shots for any other kind of reaper (if you can get that close). And that's assuming that more than one Reaper doesn't spawn at the same time.

DC casting is borked because they can't figure out how to create "challenge" without giving mobs millions of HP, inflated saves, immunity to everything defense with overkill damage, True Seeing and 100% Fort Bypass.

Improving spell DPS outside of Shiradi Spam is also going to get s response of: "Just play a Warlock".

Likewise, Sorc is still OK, just not Teh Ub3rz anymore. It's also a f2p class and the basis of Meta-builds, so the incentive to add spell DPS is nil.

They will also cry "balance" because they figure if they make DCs viable to the non-super-tricked-and-geared-triple-completionist crowd, then everyone will swap to Necro Builds and people will scream "ZOMG!! Balancez!!! NERF PLZ!1!11!"

And they're probably right.

Although, my opinion on this is entirely anecdotal, since I have never tried to play a caster of any kind to Epic cap (unless Warlock counts).

Speaking of which, don't worry, Sev tried out a Zombie Shiradi and he doesn't see what the big deal is so we're safe there.

Sometimes, ignorance is a blessing  Grin

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #23 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Melee are fine in reaper.  l2p is all I'll say on that front.  Ranged are okay but the dps comparison isn't even close.  A fighter does almost 2x as much damage as any ranged build currently thanks to not only higher base damage, but the reaper boost they get.

It's slightly different in heroics where yeah, artificers and warlocks are kinda stomping over everyone currently and in like, R4 reaper where you have melee who still think they can facetank while dpsing with their 1k hp and 120 prr then yeah, I can see them having a hard time.

At max level R10 reaper you're either running a homer + 2 melee or a DC wizard with charm in order to beat content in less then 3 weeks.  If you take mostly ranged or heaven forbid a shit tier DPS class like blasting warlock you might as well call in sick to work the next few days.

I mean if I've got a 6th slot and nobody else wants it sure I'll take anything (except maybe one of the few idiots who thought they'd roll a healing cleric because they ate up that bullshit about how reaper would make healers desirable again) but my groups are typically homer + 2 melee + DC wizard + DC druid.  We don't have a reliable 6th so...

But yeah...

DC/Spell Pen casting is having the same problem that we had with monk AC before the revamp there.  If you can hit no fail then it's brokenly good.  If you can't hit no fail then it's pointless to even bother.

It will never get touched though.  They didn't touch a single ranger spell during the ranger pass so I have yet to see any talk of fixing cleric spells for the cleric revamp.  I don't have much faith in them even attempting it and even if they did, I have even less faith in them doing it right.

Ah well.

Fortunately racial reincarnation gave me an excuse to ditch the ITR train and go back to the old quests made by good dungeon designers.  How they managed to fuck up Slavers and ToEE so bad is just...ugh.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2017 at 1:23pm by Zehnpai »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Balance is a myth. 

Balance is also unnecessary.

In a game without PvP, its OK for certain race/class/build combos to be objectively better than others.

There's a concept in game design called "incomperables" - and you're seeing it in action right here in this thread. The argument over ranged vs. melee vs DC caster. As long as no one can agree on one being "the best" SSG's balance is fine.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint