Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Upcoming Systems Changes… (Read 29376 times)
QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Upcoming Systems Changes…
Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
From : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/487447-Upcoming-Systems-Changes-for-U3...

Hello!

U36 is shaping up to be a very large update, with some great new content, Artificer changes, and a fairly large number of Bug and Quality-of-Life fixes. There are a few of these changes we wanted to let you know about ahead of Lamannia in order to provide some design insight and provide a bit of advanced notice.

Arcane Archer
With U36, the following changes are being made to Arcane Archer (both Elf and Ranger):

Arcane Archer Imbue toggles will only grant their effects while wielding a Longbow or Shortbow.
Arcane Archers must have a Longbow or Shortbow equipped to toggle on the Imbues from that tree. Equipping something other than a Longbow or Shortbow in your main hand will cause Arcane Archer Imbues to toggle off.

For a very long time now, it's been possible to use Arcane Archer toggles with weapons that aren't bows. These abilities, by their wording, are only meant to work with Bows, but there are currently ways of getting around that and applying those effects to other weapons. The pass to Rangers circa Update 28 put some changes in place to stop this that were ultimately unsuccessful. We are interested in creating better balance between Bows, Crossbows, and other forms of ranged combat in the long term. In order to make that balance work, we need to finally fix Arcane Archer to work as it is intended to.

Warlocks
With U36, the following changes are being made to Warlocks:

Warlocks now receive Eldritch Blast base dice feats at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20 (for a total of 6d6 at level 20) instead of their previous progression. Characters will be automatically adjusted to match this new progression.
The Epic Eldritch Blast feat now grants 3d6 to Eldritch Blast.
The Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast Destiny feat now grants 4d6 to Eldritch Blast.
In Enlightened Spirit, Eldritch Burst's additional Light damage is now 1d6.
In Enlightened Spirit, Spirit Blast's additional Light damage is now 4d6.
In Enlightened Spirit, Spiritual Retribution's Light damage on all Eldritch Blasts is now 1d4/2d4/3d4.

Internal and live data gathering has led to the conclusion that Warlock DPS is unquestionably too high in Heroic. It isn't simply a matter of their damage output relative to other classes (which is also too high), it's a matter of their power relative to content and other factors involved in overall game balance. Tuning other classes up to their level isn't an option; Warlock damage in Heroic needs to come down.

The above change alters the levels at which Warlocks add 1d6 to their base Eldritch Blast. On Live currently, when they reach level 20 they have 9d6; this change alters that to 6d6. To balance that against Epics, the two available Eldritch Blast feats have been increased to 3d6 and 4d6 (a net gain of +3d6, the same value that was removed from Heroics). As a result, by the time a Warlock reaches level 26, they can have exactly as many dice as they can get now.

The Enlightened Spirit changes bring the extra damage granted by these abilities closer in line with abilities in other classes. Having playtested with the changes, these abilities remain very potent.

Spell Resistance
With U36, the following changes are being made to Spell Resistance:

Drow and Deep Gnome's Spell Resistance now stacks with all other sources of Spell Resistance.
The majority of item-based sources of Spell Resistance have had their values reduced by about 1/3.
Fury of the Wild's Ward against Weird ability is now a Primal bonus to Spell Resistance (stacking with most other sources) and has new values (5/30/60).

In the U36 cycle, we set out to finally make Drow and Deep Gnome's racial Spell Resistance stack with other sources (as we said we would after the recent Race Tree pass). In analyzing the numbers involved, it came to our attention that the math used to determine what values new Cannith Crafting, new Lootgen, and recent Named Items calculated Spell Resistance at was wrong. As a result, the numbers available were much higher than we were comfortable with before adding in stacking Drow and Deep Gnomes.

With this change, a character without racial SR equipping maximum available sources of SR should be within striking distance of the necessary SR to resist high-difficulty monsters' spells. It will be very difficult (if not impossible at certain ranges) to get a no-fail value on those characters in high difficulties. With Drow and Deep Gnome values now stacking, however, those characters can much more easily compete against enemy spells.

Aggro & Stealth
With U36, the following changes are being made to Aggro and Stealth:

Monsters will take the distance of their targets into account now. Closer targets are more likely to be targeted (assuming they have not yet taken much damage) compared to Live.
If a monster kills or loses their primary target, they’ll now aggro correctly on who has the most hate next (as opposed to the closest target, as they often do now on Live).
Monsters with the “see stealthed” property will now display an angry red eye icon to anyone observing them in stealth. Note: The see through stealth property, aka “tremor sense” is not True Sight or See Invisible. Those abilities don’t actually don’t affect sight checks against players just using the stealth skill. For example, Spiders and Slimes typically have the See Through Stealth property, per 3.5 edition rules. Red- and Purple-name bosses also tend to get this ability.

These changes were the result of listening closely to player feedback and examination of monster AI in regards to stealth gameplay.

Area of Effect Spells
With U36, most Area of Effect spells cast by enemies (such as Ice Storm and Web) now have visible indicators of their boundaries on the ground. This should make more clear where enemy effects begin and end, and improve players' ability to analyze the battlefield.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:01pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Re: Upcoming Systems Changes…
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
I knew the one thing the new DDO overlords were going to do was focus on making Arificers OP. Steelstar and Cordo-stain play nothing but arties while abusing their god mode cheat bars because they can't fucking play. Welcome to the new DDO

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
So the flood of moaning threads by a handful of Warlock hating cockgobblers has finally made the dunces think the majority wants changes ....... ugh, fucking motherforum cunt waffles

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
RIP Great Terror build (and assorted variants).  If you need a heart of wood, I hear +20 are on sale for 2 more days...

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
So they are nerfing every fucking toon i have.. Awesome...

It kinda makes me not wanna play knowing i wont get/wont buy/dont have any + 20 heart to fix all my toons..

Why fix the AA shit now? Its been like that forever. And using bows suck after they fucked up 10k stars and manyshot way back..

And nerfing warlock for the what.. 8th time or some shit? Glad they got people to buy that shit thinking it would be good to play down the road..

You fags on the main forum want it so there isnt a single decent build to play. And i have no idea why..

I guess they are doing this to sell hearts of wood?
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:17pm by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
So they are nerfing every fucking toon i have.. Awesome...

It kinda makes me not wanna play knowing i wont get/wont buy/dont have any + 20 heart to fix all my toons..

Why fix the AA shit now? Its been like that forever. And using bows suck after they fucked up 10k stars and manyshot way back..

And nerfing warlock for the what.. 8th time or some shit? Glad they got people to buy that shit thinking it would be good to play down the road..

You fags on the main forum want it so there isnt a single decent build to play. And i have no idea why..

I guess they are doing this to sell hearts of wood?

The game is mostly doing 1-20 and TRing these days anyways.  You have plenty of time to level to heroic cap and TR out of the build without having to buy a heart.  U36 isn't even on Lama yet.  We are weeks out.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
suck on that hind tit some more ....

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Whos gonna play an aa now? Need to pump that mofo up... and make manyshot worth a shit.

Maybe if they quit sucking the cocks of the 10 dumbfucks on the main forums they can make more buulds worth a shit again.. Anything good.... meh nurf dat shit.. what about meh kills count? Nurf it.. need to have every fucking build have the same dps as a battle cleric or some shit... oh actually bow thats op.. nurf dat nows tooooo.. fucking fags..

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
New best AA build 

With end gayme gear ofc, for any FAGGOT who care the bow used was pinion, the "cloud" piercer Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:30pm by () »  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:35pm
Print Post  

Shocked Tongue Cheesy

I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
She's gonna mess up the shot with the bow sticking in her pants >.>

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:44pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:21pm:
The game is mostly doing 1-20 and TRing these days anyways.  You have plenty of time to level to heroic cap and TR out of the build without having to buy a heart.  U36 isn't even on Lama yet.  We are weeks out.

Nigga.. im not tring to tr 5 motherfucking toons while trying to get 16 more racials on my main thatll need 6 more racials once they come out with those 2 other classes.. aint got no time for dat shit... plus wasting trs by getting no past lives on my other 4 toons isnt the move.. oh and once i find some shit thats decent to tr into... you and your gay bffs on the main forums will prolly have that shit nerfed to fuck by time i fet it done and finish my main..

Looks like i have only 1 too. To play again.. fuck you mf fags.. for reals.. this nurfing everything shit is really getting old af..

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
She's gonna mess up the shot with the bow sticking in her pants >.>

That's in order to imbue the arrows, u noob. Now you must first shove half the bow up ur pussy !!!  Wink Yur welcome.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #14 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #15 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #16 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #17 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #18 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #19 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #20 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:55pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #21 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:55pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #22 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:56pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #23 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
I

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #24 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Z

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint