Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Upcoming Systems Changes… (Read 29414 times)
()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Re: Upcoming Systems Changes…
Reply #50 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:30pm
Print Post  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
whoa whoa ammy don't blow your whole boob load all at once!

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #52 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:46pm
Print Post  

I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

IP Logged

steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:49pm
Print Post  

Asheras wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 5:14pm:
RIP Great Terror build (and assorted variants).  If you need a heart of wood, I hear +20 are on sale for 2 more days...

I'm alright with it. I mean after 21 months, having build dominance had got kinda old and I've lost count of the number of noobs asking me to fully explain the build during a raid because they were too dumb to find the many write ups and copy-cats online.

Bless there little nooby souls.

I will say that having 18 solid seconds of Terror 19-20's vorps would have finally forced them to nerf it. So this was bound to happen, even dumb old Sev would finally make the connection.

Funny part for me is that I heard a rumor that the Artifetish Devs were shocked to realize that there Arti buff was actually going to make them 2nd tier all over again so they finally started looking at AA. Heheh.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:50pm by »  

IP Logged

DiePaetus
Korthos Resident

Stay Hard!

Reply #54 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Well at least if the games gonna suck the boobs can keep on bouncing...

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #55 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #56 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #57 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
i liked you more when you were posting boobs o.o

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #59 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:01pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #60 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:01pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #61 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:02pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #62 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:03pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #63 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:03pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #64 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #65 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #66 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
That's funny because they got both builds I was playing

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
The ghost of Turbine lives on.  When we nerf builds we don't just nerf 'em, we nuke 'em from orbit.  Just
to be safe.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #69 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Well... Warlock was OP compared to other classes.

But this wasn't the way to handle it... Not sure what the answer was, but this is just about guaranteed to NOT be it.

It won't stop anyone from rolling Warlocks or taking Tier 5 Enlightened Spirit for Shining Through (the REAL culprit for why warlocks are OP) but it will affect how they stack AP in the other trees.

All these changes did was make it slightly slower to complete quests with a Warlock.

Nerfing AA wasn't and good idea either. They needed to get MORE ranged weapons working with it, not less. Right now, NOTHING competes with Xbows for ranged DPS, except very specific Thrower builds.

This was a BAD decision.

PS- Nobody uses fucking shortbows. That's just beyond retarded.

Spell Resistance: Once useless, then almost useful, now fucking useless again.

Unless you play one of two p2p races, that nobody wants to play. They may as well have just removed it entirely, the effect would have been the same.

Aggro & Stealth: Meaningless, since it has never worked, and likely won't work after this either.

It will almost certainly break aggro mechanics for everything else though.

*sigh*

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #70 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:45pm:
Well... Warlock was OP compared to other classes.

But this wasn't the way to handle it... Not sure what the answer was, but this is just about guaranteed to NOT be it.

It won't stop anyone from rolling Warlocks or taking Tier 5 Enlightened Spirit for Shining Through (the REAL culprit for why warlocks are OP) but it will affect how they stack AP in the other trees.

All these changes did was make it slightly slower to complete quests with a Warlock.

Nerfing AA wasn't and good idea either. They needed to get MORE ranged weapons working with it, not less. Right now, NOTHING competes with Xbows for ranged DPS, except very specific Thrower builds.

This was a BAD decision.

PS- Nobody uses fucking shortbows. That's just beyond retarded.

Spell Resistance: Once useless, then almost useful, now fucking useless again.

Unless you play one of two p2p races, that nobody wants to play. They may as well have just removed it entirely, the effect would have been the same.

Aggro & Stealth: Meaningless, since it has never worked, and likely won't work after this either.

It will almost certainly break aggro mechanics for everything else though.

*sigh*

I concur, but in my experience it's usually been nerf the shit that's good or things that work and have been established for years in order to make the new garbage more shiny. Look at the shit show that ensued before LGS.

The aggro mechanic was a deliberate middle finger to melee and especially rogues in stealth play. Removing diversity so the whining fanbois can appear more UUBER. Break out the water wings, pink helmets and kid harness leashes for the melees. Warlocks, arties, pajama wearing thrower sploit builds and Rogue mechanic bow builds took over the game not because of builds but because of environmental changes made in the name of 'balance'.

So many parallels and comparisons have been made to DDO now resembling Gauntlet, or in the case of the ridiculous increase in mob power and HP, I compare it to Contra. DDO was supposed to be a MMORPG, not a goddamn FPS or an overhead Diablo clone.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #71 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Guys... the only game DDO has left worth playing is here in the vault....

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #72 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
The aggro mechanic was a deliberate middle finger to melee and especially rogues in stealth play. Removing diversity so the whining fanbois can appear more UUBER. Break out the water wings, pink helmets and kid harness leashes for the melees. Warlocks, arties, pajama wearing thrower sploit builds and Rogue mechanic bow builds took over the game not because of builds but because of environmental changes made in the name of 'balance'.

I'll give you better than that, they didn't do it out of incompetence, they sold us down the river for the sake of sales.

They have always had a backassward approach to the power crawl issue.  They'd crank up the danger level to make the CHR based, easy button, splash of the day builders happy at the expense of the playability of the other classes and they'd nerf everything but the actual OPed classes.

I used to think they were that out of touch of the game and that clueless, but think about it. 

They continually balanced it to purposefully create a game where you basically needed a multi-class.  Specifically a premium multi-classed toon.

They gave the free classes a big ol' bag of dicks to eat to try and force us to invest in the premium classes.

It's not a coincidence that Warlocks, Arties, Monks, and FvSs were all the most powerful splashes you could use.

They fucked their own game and drove away their own customers just to sell a handful of classes.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 12:40am
Print Post  
you have a point skoodge but no boobs, so i can't take you seriously

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #74 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 12:31am:
I'll give you better than that, they didn't do it out of incompetence, they sold us down the river for the sake of sales.

They have always had a backassward approach to the power crawl issue.  They'd crank up the danger level to make the CHR based, easy button, splash of the day builders happy at the expense of the playability of the other classes and they'd nerf everything but the actual OPed classes.

I used to think they were that out of touch of the game and that clueless, but think about it. 

They continually balanced it to purposefully create a game where you basically needed a multi-class.  Specifically a premium multi-classed toon.

They gave the free classes a big ol' bag of dicks to eat to try and force us to invest in the premium classes.

It's not a coincidence that Warlocks, Arties, Monks, and FvSs were all the most powerful splashes you could use.

They fucked their own game and drove away their own customers just to sell a handful of classes.

I've seen what they've implemented in the short time SSG has had full control of the game. At the beginning on January 2017, almost over night they made the game the way they wanted it. Favoring ranged, kiting and long drawn out pointless battles in mind-numbingly bland and banal regurgitated content. Just like the slow incremental acclimation like a frog in a pot.

Now about money. The real players are TR'ing over and over. Why spend money when you actually play the game, know it well and getting an average of 750-1000 tp per life? It's the fanboi faggots that bitched, whined, moaned and complained. They'd rather see the potential diversity of the build schemes ruined so they can pay to play to be UUBER while fucking over builds and techniques that were a foundation in the game since inception.

I found it no coincidence whenever there was some big nerf, bug or botch months after the previous latest update, that's when you'd see hearts, +7 tomes and other P2W items in the DDO store. It's not about paying money for good content. It's more like paying protection money to the people that have your 10 year long investment hostage.

But now it's so clear they got no idea what they're doing other than trying to hatch the next get rich quick scheme, the game population is so small, as long as they got their devout parishioners tithing enough to keep the lights on, they'll continue pandering to the DDO clubbie boys and serve the salty milk and coin flavored kool-aid.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint