Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cleric Domains - Round 2 (Read 9056 times)
Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Re: Cleric Domains - Round 2
Reply #25 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 9:52am:
Sometimes I miss the good ol' times when I got spammed with party invites as soon as I logged in my Soul or Cleric. (But wouldn't heal but zerg with blade barrier anyway. Superior Potency VI Clicky FTW.)

You mean the days when your group was crippled without a competent Hjealer?

Those were Dark Days.

I kind of miss it too, but only for the grouping aspect. And the fact you could find LFMs for something besides "the hardest content on the highest difficulty zerg Strongs Only No Bads Be a Boss Solo a Tower"  posts that are all that exist now.

These Cleric and FvS revamps should have happened years ago, and a lot of the heartache since in the game could have been avoided.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #26 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Now imagine a cleric with a Firewall SLA  and Blade Barrier back then.. it would have been "Clerics and Clerics Online".

fify

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
I still remember when Firewall was the answer to almost every encounter in "Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach". Now imagine a cleric with a Firewall SLA back then.. it would have been "Clerics and Clerics Online".

Sometimes I miss the good ol' times when I got spammed with party invites as soon as I logged in my Soul or Cleric. (But wouldn't heal but zerg with blade barrier anyway. Superior Potency VI Clicky FTW.)

Heh, a max spellpower Fire domain cleric spamming Firewalls and Blade Barriers might be a pretty solid racial TR zerger.   Being able to focus on min/maxing just two spellpowers (force and fire or light) would be convenient.

Maybe splash a few levels of sorcerer for the Fire Savant tree or Fiend pact warlock for the AEs from the ES tree (even nerfed, they're still decent with enough spellpower). 

Maybe a 14/6 cleric/xxxxx?
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2017 at 12:32pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #28 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:04pm:
You mean the days when your group was crippled without a competent Hjealer?

Those were Dark Days.

Well yes, some healing capability was needed. But in most content a dedicated healer was not, people just felt saver with one in group. I always despised pure healbot clerics and got mad when people wanted to wait for a “pure” healer after I had joined on my bard and told them I would keep them alive. That there were more dedicated roles than today is OK to me. I liked the groups that rushed the dungeon, but did it in a clever and attentive way. Fresh haste on doors and chests, stop when the trapper does or jump up or down in front of the box, mass buffs before bigger fights and if you were really lucky people could even take out fascinated mobs one by one.

I liked the game most, when the power level of most players was closer together and good tactics coupled with situational awareness was more important. Greater Command on the hard hitting but weak minded mobs, dancing the high HP elements and letting them be, instant killing beholders after snacking up on them from behind… that kind of stuff.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint