Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Things you shouldn't hear from the design team (Read 22886 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Things you shouldn't hear from the design team
Aug 7th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Lynnabel on the motherboards

Quote:
Sadly, our Augment system is really limited. It does some fabulous stuff, but it's extremely hard to work with. I love the great ideas here, but I've never once opened an augment up internally and gone "yep this is how it works." Frankly, they're a mystery to me. Also, I have negative infinity art skills and can't make cosmetics, unless you really want to look like you're drawn in MS Paint.

As often suspected, they're clueless to how their own game is coded.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Re: Things you shouldn't hear from the design team
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
I'm an intern, sorry. I didn't have time to learn augments. I've put in a lot of work on item scripts though and there are a lot of cool things in Ravenloft, such as a new Divine Vengeance that scales to level 30 and it's a greatsword Smiley

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:23pm:
I'm an intern, sorry. I didn't have time to learn augments. I've put in a lot of work on item scripts though and there are a lot of cool things in Ravenloft, such as a new Divine Vengeance that scales to level 30 and it's a greatsword Smiley

Did you just break a NDA?

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:54pm
Print Post  

Ugh, why a greatsword? Please tell me there will be a longsword version as well.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
Did you just break a NDA?

Nope. I'm allowed to talk about anything I work on. When I was on the Damsels this weekend I went into more detail.

I made a sceptre that changes its element every 12 seconds, too. It even changes colors.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 10:31pm
Print Post  

Greatsword?? Unless it's eSOS or better profile ... wtf ... get  with the meta. Useless.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
I made a sceptre that changes its element every 12 seconds, too. It even changes colors.

Double useless.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Cleridin wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 10:32pm:
Double useless.

idk man, it changes colors

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 10:53pm:

I hope it changes colors.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
It even changes colors.

the wife will be wanting that one

which is nice

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:05am
Print Post  

Sorry quad useless. Let me pay attention to which color it is to cast that element of spell ... oh wait, I'm a sorc and only have 2 schools of elements that I major/minor in.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:05am
Print Post  

Thank you for making this.   

It will essentially be a "Look at me! I have no clue how to gear a toon." warning sign to players who know what they're doing.

What are the chances that making a cosmetic of this retains the color changing?  =P
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:07am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:30pm:
the wife will be wanting that one

which is nice

apparently your wife likes colorful sceptors ... so much for satan's cock.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #13 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:09am
Print Post  

ha and you were the one quoted as saying DDO forumites have the dumbest ideas ... apparently we just found the weak link in this current chain of devs.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #14 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Cleridin wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:09am:
ha and you were the one quoted as saying DDO forumites have the dumbest ideas ... apparently we just found the weak link in this current chain of devs.

Yep, got me there. I'm still learning the ropes and I've only got three weeks left!! I hope you enjoy what I've built for you guys, I've put a lot of work into making each weapon feel super special Smiley

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #15 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:19am:
super "special"

for very very "special" kids out there.

I bet Fran will be salivating for this color changing stick.
Scratch that. He is in a constant drooling state.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Well, You all need to remember that the current incarnation of the augment system is the resulf of Feather revamping the old one ( guild augment ) because he found the previous one not good...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #17 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 2:11am
Print Post  
I'm an intern, sorry. I didn't have time to learn augments. I've put in a lot of work on item scripts though and there are a lot of cool things in Ravenloft, such as a new Divine Vengeance that scales to level 30 and it's a greatsword

FTR, wasn't aimed at you (God only knows you seem chipper enough) it was aimed at the company.

But I'll give you a freebie (even though technically this is falls into the PR department, I highly suggest you take this back to them).

The teams biggest priority right now needs to be putting out the fire of concern over the TR caches.  It doesn't have to be fixed ASAP (though...really, it needs to be fixed ASAP) but the community needs to know that this is a high priority.  It needs to be vocalized (over and over) that you are working on a fix for it.

More importantly, you need to make anyone who does lose their TR cache like crazy happy.  Buy them a boatload of strippers, dump at least 100 dollars worth of ddo points into their accounts, give them rare, named loot, collectables, whatever it takes to make them happy.  The word "no" cannot exist in dealing with this issue.

Because the last thing you want is them going to the forums and complaining that they're being ignored or screwed over on this - it destroys brand trust (which...you guys need to work on, that's the nicest way to put it). 

More importantly, it's the right thing to do.  Our TR cache represents not only a lot of RW money, but a whole lot of RW time.  Not respecting that is not respecting your client base.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Nope. I'm allowed to talk about anything I work on. When I was on the Damsels this weekend I went into more detail.

Seriously? Completely worthless. Are you trolling? You must be trolling. Troll done.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:51am
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 4:42am:
Seriously? Completely worthless. Are you trolling? You must be trolling. Troll done.

Meh if it rotated seasons (similar to druid) and had significant boost or unique effects on top of this, I could see it being not completely terrible.

If the color change can be ported to cosmetics, I'd definitely glamour it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Cleridin wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 10:31pm:
Greatsword?? Unless it's eSOS or better profile ... wtf ... get  with the meta. Useless.

Not every item needs to be meta.  They need to design for the whole population.  Not just the metagamers.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 6:38am:
Not every item needs to be meta.  They need to design for the whole population.  Not just the metagamers. 

How's the lead paint?

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #22 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 6:38am:

An idiot's excuse. Metagamers are the whole population left.

The fact that devs spend this much time on semi-useless trash loot speaks volumes.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #23 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 8:27am:
An idiot's excuse. Metagamers are the whole population left.

The fact that devs spend this much time on semi-useless trash loot speaks volumes.

A self aborbed special snowflake's comment.  Sure you are the center of the DDO universe, precious.

On one hand players bitch about a lack of diversity and too much homogenization and a lack of creativity in loot.  On the other hand, at the mere mention of a Great Sword, with no stats.  No crit profile, no base damage die, no effects.  Nothing.  Just Great Sword, people are shitting on it as useless.  So, what?  They should only ever make Great X-bows, shuri, Khopesh, rapier, scimitar, and Falchion or Great Axe?  That would be fun to have no choices?  And then you can complain about gear invalidation, repetitive re-gearing grind, and power creep?  How about you wait and see the actual item and be able to speak from an informed, intelligent point of view?  Maybe it isn't useful.  Maybe it is.  I don't know.  But neither do any of you.  The knee jerk shit posting without information is ignorant.   

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #24 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 9:16am:
A self aborbed special snowflake's comment.  Sure you are the center of the DDO universe, precious.

On one hand players bitch about a lack of diversity and too much homogenization and a lack of creativity in loot.  On the other hand, at the mere mention of a Great Sword, with no stats.  No crit profile, no base damage die, no effects.  Nothing.  Just Great Sword, people are shitting on it as useless.  So, what?  They should only ever make Great X-bows, shuri, Khopesh, rapier, scimitar, and Falchion or Great Axe?  That would be fun to have no choices?  And then you can complain about gear invalidation, repetitive re-gearing grind, and power creep?  How about you wait and see the actual item and be able to speak from an informed, intelligent point of view?  Maybe it isn't useful.  Maybe it is.  I don't know.  But neither do any of you.  The knee jerk shit posting without information is ignorant.   

To be fair, I'm shitting on it for switching from Longsword to Greatsword. Given Longsword has more uses across the board (Whirling Steel Strike, Warpriest, etc.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint