Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Tilomere and Co (Read 9879 times)
Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Tilomere and Co
Aug 17th, 2017 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Just seen your latest whinge for nerfing a class - in this case those nasty insta-killers making you feel as if you're losing your manhood  Roll Eyes As usual, the other anus droolers have come out in support of you so here's a message to you and idiots like you ....

It's a fucking PvE game you fuckwit, kill count means jack shit. Stop calling for fucking nerfs every other weak because you clowns are getting butthurt. For fucks sake it's annoying and childish.

Here's the link for anyone wanting to read this bullshit and lower your IQ in doing so - https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489003-Balancing-Instant-Kill-spells-i...
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2017 at 10:25am by Jelly_Muffin »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Tilomere and Co
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:06am
Print Post  
I don't care about kill count, but the physical damage scaling is excessively punative. 

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 11:17am:
Skull      Proc Damage dealt (fraction of elite, using strike down from divine crusader)
0      1
1      0.714
2      0.526
3      0.384
4      0.286
5      0.216
6      0.168
7      0.134
8      0.11
9      0.09
10      0.076

What is the formula for this?

This is crazy rough on melees.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:27am
Print Post  
If you're sitting in the front of the bus, you're less likely to understand the guy in the back, sitting over the wheel well complaining about the flat tire under him.  Everything is great from where you're sitting, but that doesn't change the fact there are some serious fucking flat tires on this shared ride.

Instant kills for melee are random with the dice roll - if you even have them at all.  Anything else is just a boost to power a comes with either

A - a much longer cool down than 6 seconds if it gives much of a power boost at all or
B - a very limited usage per rest cycle.

If melees had a clickie on scale with finger of death it would have at least a 30 second cool down period with 5 max usages per rest - which is a far fucking cry from 6 seconds and chugging a pot to get (near) unlimited usage like you can get from most of the higher end spells.

Crying to let the air out of other tires might not be cool, but it doesn't change the fact that some of us have a way cushier ride than others.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:06am:
I don't care about kill count, but the physical damage scaling is excessively punative. 

This is crazy rough on melees. 

This.

Also, having skimmed that thread, all I can see the devs reading into it is:

"Geez, I guess we need to massively inflate mob saves in Reaper." while doing nothing to address the woeful imbalance to anything that's not a Warlock or Arty (or Arty splashed Warlock).

Dipshits.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:39am
Print Post  
The problem is, him and his ilk only whinge because of kill count. If melee imbalance in reaper really was the priority, the thread would make no mention of kill counts and wah wah, those nasty insta killers. You know it's true.

Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:33am:
This.

Also, having skimmed that thread, all I can see the devs reading into it is:

"Geez, I guess we need to massively inflate mob saves in Reaper." while doing nothing to address the woeful imbalance to anything that's not a Warlock or Arty (or Arty splashed Warlock).

Dipshits.

and therein lies the rub, all the nerf whinge in the world is only going to lead to inflation of some aspect until the next round of whinge

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Most melee are way too retarded. Always have.
Just like padding their kills in Shroud instead of blitzing the fucking portals.
There's shitton to utilize your damage on high skulls - held reaper, held or stoned deathwarded trash and champs. Plenty of those in high skulls. Bosses.
The fuck would you attack trash that gets instakilled easily and not that cced champ next to it ?
Wish more people would come back to game.

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:47am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:53am
Print Post  
The forums get flooded with trolls during down time anyways.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #7 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:45am:
Most melee are way too retarded. Always have.

There's some solid elitism happening here.

Quote:
Just like padding their kills in Shroud instead of blitzing the fucking portals.

I play melees, and can't think of a time I've done this. Kill padding is retarded regardless of class.

Quote:
There's shitton to utilize your damage on high skulls - held reaper, held or stoned deathwarded trash and champs. Plenty of those in high skulls. Bosses.

The issue is playstyles and personalities: Melee players are aggressive. They don't want to wait around like a bump on a log for one of the casters/AA's to CC something before they can take action.

It's contrary to the playstyle. Reaper has all but invalidated it. Especially because casters have access to "DPS that's not DPS" a.k.a. Insta-kills which slipped past the goalie during testing (such as it was).

Melees have one DPS type: Physical. And now they can't use it for long stretches, if at all and have to be carried.

To say it's frustrating is putting it mildly.

Because then the next statement logically follows: "The melees are just piking... Let's not include them in the next group."

And then we're back to the old "Caster Only" LFMs.

Quote:
The fuck would you attack trash that gets instakilled easily and not that cced champ next to it ?

Because you were already engaged? Because you Intimidated it away from the CC caster who was still on spell cooldown? Because the animations don't auto-cancel while you swap weapons? Because you might not know it was CC''d because it's not in your LoS? Because the shit game mechanics spawned it without a crown for 30s while you engaged somewhere else? Because people have poor communication skills? Those are just off the top of my head...

Quote:

Agreed.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 12:56pm:
There's some solid elitism happening here.

Telling the truth != elitism.  He's right.   A large percentage of the players (not just melee) that join LFMs are mediocre players, running mediocre builds, or often both.  The top of the bell curve for DDO player skill in general is extremely wide.

I play melees, and can't think of a time I've done this. Kill padding is retarded regardless of class.

Then obviously he wasn't talking about you.

The issue is playstyles and personalities: Melee players are aggressive. They don't want to wait around like a bump on a log for one of the casters/AA's to CC something before they can take action.

At least at end-game and especially in reaper, any melee build that doesn't have options for some sort of crowd control and utility is a stupid build.  Ditto for any glass cannon melee builds that can't take more than 1 or 2 hits without dying. If they don't have proper defenses, Dire Charge, LGS Radiance and Salt weapons, etc., they deserve to wait around while people who know what they're about handle things.   Maybe they'll actually learn something from watching.

Melees have one DPS type: Physical. And now they can't use it for long stretches, if at all and have to be carried.

This is complete horseshit.  I've done many 10-skull runs in a fairly static group with several melee DPS players.  They bring the pain constantly and don't die any more than the ranged or casters.  There's a guy on G-Land running a melee build who pseudo-soloed 5-6 skull at-level missions on a regular basis.  He used a divine hireling as needed to top off his health after killing the mobs as a work around for the self-healing penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9WSOa9vrpw
10-skull Black and Blue run with a tank, a healer, a wizard, and 3 melee DPS.  Feel free to watch and see if you think those melee were carried.  Regardless of what KC does or doesn't mean, the melee players didn't get a total of 151 of the 250 kills by not doing physical damage and being carried...

Maybe you should try a lower difficulty?

Because you were already engaged? Because you Intimidated it away from the CC caster who was still on spell cooldown? Because the animations don't auto-cancel while you swap weapons? Because you might not know it was CC''d because it's not in your LoS? Because the shit game mechanics spawned it without a crown for 30s while you engaged somewhere else? Because people have poor communication skills? Those are just off the top of my head...

The effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:45pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #9 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
i can't figure tilo out ... why care so much about kill count? Reaper is all about ... HP/CC/Instakill/Ranged/Healz .... Diplo!

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #10 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 11:45am:

Miss your hjeals.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Honestly the only change that needs to happen is that melees need to do MUCH more damage than they currently do.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #12 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Melee is the best dps you can hope for in some scenarious and fucking garbage elsewhere.
Given that a Shuri thrower is probably 60% of thier dps if built correctly (due only to reaper debuff formulas) then playing a melee you can only die once every three minutes, if ranged is not dying at all.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:27am
Print Post  
They over shot the damage dampening. 

Change this:

Skull      Proc Damage dealt (fraction of elite, using strike down from divine crusader)
0      1
1      0.714
2      0.526
3      0.384
4      0.286
5      0.216
6      0.168
7      0.134
8      0.11
9      0.09
10      0.076

To:

Skull      Proc Damage dealt (fraction of elite, using strike down from divine crusader)
0      1
1      0.85
2      0.75
3      0.65
4      0.55
5      0.50
6      0.45
7      0.40
8      0.35
9      0.35
10    0.35

Then, alter the Dire Thaumaturge Tree to give NO HP per point spent and remove the DC boosts (keep the stat boosts) and replace them with USP boosts and/or efficient Maximize, Efficient Empower, maybe a caster level/max caster level increase.  Stuff that helps DPS casting, not DC casting.

Then, alter Grim Barricade to give 4 HP per point instead of 8. 

Don't change Dread Adversary at all.

Place an overall gating that you can only spend a maximum of 5 reaper points per character level, starting at level 4.  A maximum of 130 reaper points can be spent total. 

That would solve two things:  1)  Make melees more viable and 2) Reduce the power in the reaper trees that is making reaper XP grinding so appealing and makes reaper on low skulls and in heroics such a cake walk. 

Combine that with adjusting the reaper XP earn in epics by double (or more) and you have the makings of fixing some of the more glaring system issues with Reaper.  (sure there are still issues with the champs, death timers, reapers, etc in quest but the systemic issues are what is causing end game and epics to be a ghost town).

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:27am:
They over shot the damage dampening. 

Change this:

0      1
1      0.714
2      0.526
3      0.384
4      0.286
5      0.216
6      0.168
7      0.134
8      0.11
9      0.09
10      0.076

To:

0      1
1      0.85
2      0.75
3      0.65
4      0.55
5      0.50
6      0.45
7      0.40
8      0.35
9      0.35
10    0.35

Then, alter the Dire Thaumaturge Tree to give NO HP per point spent and remove the DC boosts (keep the stat boosts) and replace them with USP boosts and/or efficient Maximize, Efficient Empower, maybe a caster level/max caster level increase.  Stuff that helps DPS casting, not DC casting.

Then, alter Grim Barricade to give 4 HP per point instead of 8. 

Don't change Dread Adversary at all.

Place an overall gating that you can only spend a maximum of 5 reaper points per character level, starting at level 4.  A maximum of 130 reaper points can be spent total. 

That would solve two things:  1)  Make melees more viable and 2) Reduce the power in the reaper trees that is making reaper XP grinding so appealing and makes reaper on low skulls and in heroics such a cake walk. 

Combine that with adjusting the reaper XP earn in epics by double (or more) and you have the makings of fixing some of the more glaring system issues with Reaper.  (sure there are still issues with the champs, death timers, reapers, etc in quest but the systemic issues are what is causing end game and epics to be a ghost town).

Not bad.

In particular, the ideas regarding the caster tree and DCs would help a lot I think.

I disagree a bit with stating that melee need more DPS.  Melee are the best DPS you can get in high-skull reaper.  Melee builds problem in reaper is how to stay alive while standing near mobs that cleave for 4k+.  As the saying goes, Dead = 0 DPS.

What SSG should do create a fourth reaper tree by splitting melee and ranged tree into separate trees.  Give melee lots of HPs, PRR/MRR, Dodge Cap, tactical DCs, etc.   This would help them survive while doing their existing top-tier DPS.

Give the Ranged tree little or no extra defenses (restrict them to glass cannons essentially) and give them ranged power, stats, doubleshot, etc. to help mitigate the excessive damage mitigation penalty they face versus melee.  Ranged DPS is noticeably lower in mid and high skull reaper, but at least intelligently played ranged toons can generally stay alive and do consistent DPS.  This would reward intelligent play and keep ranged toons from becoming second-class DPS vs melee if the melee are buffed to the point where they can survive.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #15 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:27am:
0      1
1      0.85
2      0.75
3      0.65
4      0.55
5      0.50
6      0.45
7      0.40
8      0.35
9      0.35
10    0.35

Change the self-hjealing to the same percentages and I'd play again.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 1:29pm:
Telling the truth != elitism.  He's right.   A large percentage of the players (not just melee) that join LFMs are mediocre players, running mediocre builds, or often both.

That's not what he said though, his statement was an unqualified:

"Most melee are way too retarded. Always have."

I won't get into the grammar issues here, but that's about as dismissive as a blanket statement gets, no matter how you choose to interpret the connotation.

Quote:
The top of the bell curve for DDO player skill in general is extremely wide.

Agreed.

Quote:
Then obviously he wasn't talking about you.

Yes he was. See above.

Quote:
At least at end-game and especially in reaper, any melee build that doesn't have options for some sort of crowd control and utility is a stupid build.

In a perfect world, this is correct.

But we live in a world where Cordovan has a full-time job and an intern is the brightest point of light in the dev team.

Quote:
Ditto for any glass cannon melee builds that can't take more than 1 or 2 hits without dying.

Isn't that kind of the definition of "Glass Cannon"? Also, this would fall under the umbrella of "stupid builds". See above.

Quote:
If they don't have proper defenses, Dire Charge, LGS Radiance and Salt weapons, etc., they deserve to wait around while people who know what they're about handle things.

Back to the Elitism.

Awesome.

You may be surprised to learn that not everyone in the game gets on board with features early and has the BiS gear for their build.

You may also be surprised to learn that even if they did, they can still get killed like helpless lambs through no fault of their own. See "Top of the Bell Curve" above.

Quote:
Maybe they'll actually learn something from watching.

They'll quickly learn they're better off playing a caster or ranged toon. This was the case with non-Evasion melee builds before the "Armor Up" PRR/MRR pass in times of yore.

Quote:
This is complete horseshit.  I've done many 10-skull runs in a fairly static group with several melee DPS players.  They bring the pain constantly and don't die any more than the ranged or casters.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

To be fair: Even if there were pictures, it's the internet, so I'd still not believe you. Because Photoshop happens.

Quote:
There's a guy on G-Land running a melee build who pseudo-soloed 5-6 skull at-level missions on a regular basis.  He used a divine hireling as needed to top off his health after killing the mobs as a work around for the self-healing penalty.

So... Melee requires more assistance. Roger that.

Quote:

tl; dr. I'm sure it's great.

Quote:
10-skull Black and Blue run with a tank, a healer, a wizard, and 3 melee DPS.  Feel free to watch and see if you think those melee were carried.  Regardless of what KC does or doesn't mean, the melee players didn't get a total of 151 of the 250 kills by not doing physical damage and being carried...

So... A well balanced party with Tank, CC and Hjeals? Sounds like a recipe for anyone to enjoy success.

My 28 pt. first life gimps lead kill counts in parties like that back in the day. That's the "Promised Land" of party support, which is not what we're discussing.

The Quarterback shines because the line is great at blocking.

Quote:

It's all I ever do. Anyone trying to grind Reapers at higher skulls is "Pants on Head Reatrded", IMHO.

There's no ROI after the first 120% XP bonus, and the game is set for TR, not to hang around at level 30 running... How many quests at level cap are there again?

This could quickly deteriorate into a squabble over DDO's lack of end-game, but like you said earlier, we're just telling the truth here.

You may feel differently. That's your prerogative.

But Reaper effectively split the player base in a game with a dying population and now they need to fix their mess, because practically nobody runs outside Reaper anymore, whether they want to or not.

Quote:
The effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

The grade on a poorly reasoned argument without citation and quantified evidence is an F.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 1:45pm:
That's not what he said though, his statement was an unqualified:
"Most melee are way too retarded. Always have."

I won't get into the grammar issues here, but that's about as dismissive as a blanket statement gets, no matter how you choose to interpret the connotation.

You started off poorly with this and just went downhill from there, so I'll address the highlights and write the rest off as dumbfuckery of exceptional scale.

Not getting into "grammar issues" would have been the smartest thing you could have done today given your complete failure to grasp those concepts, which you thoroughly demonstrated throughout your post.  Sadly, you went and "got into them", in direct contradiction to your stated intention of not doing that, dipshit.

His statement was unqualified?  Are you sure about this?  Really sure?  Do you perhaps want to go look up the definition of the word qualifier or qualified in a grammatical context before you answer this?

*** Pro tip - the word "most" is a qualifier by definition, idiot.   As such, his statement was qualified.  The exact opposite of what you claimed.

Quote:
Quote:

It's all I ever do. Anyone trying to grind Reapers at higher skulls is "Pants on Head Reatrded", IMHO.

It's less retarded than someone who freely admits to not running high skull content and can't even be bothered to watch videos of skilled players actually doing it, yet offers up opinions on doing so as if they know what they're talking about.

I will take back one point though, if your skill at playing a melee toon is anything remotely similar to your skill at debating grammar, he was definitely talking about you.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2017 at 5:43pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 12:24pm:
What SSG should do create a fourth reaper tree by splitting melee and ranged tree into separate trees.  Give melee lots of HPs, PRR/MRR, Dodge Cap, tactical DCs, etc.   This would help them survive while doing their existing top-tier DPS.

Give the Ranged tree little or no extra defenses (restrict them to glass cannons essentially) and give them ranged power, stats, doubleshot, etc. to help mitigate the excessive damage mitigation penalty they face versus melee.  Ranged DPS is noticeably lower in mid and high skull reaper, but at least intelligently played ranged toons can generally stay alive and do consistent DPS.  This would reward intelligent play and keep ranged toons from becoming second-class DPS vs melee if the melee are buffed to the point where they can survive.

The problem with this is twofold:

1)  Very few people like significant power in the reaper trees.  That creates another grind.  And the back end of the reaper grind is crazy.  People would prefer this power to exist in other ways.

2)  If you don't limit people to only one tree, then the ranged will go into the melee tree like the casters do now with Grim Barricade.  Most casters I know are maxxing out Grim first before putting points into Dire Thau when leveling because HP > DC's for the most part.  Ranged will give up the small DPS boosts for big survivability boosts in Grim and melee tree most likely.  You either need to limite players to 1 tree or something else.  Otherwise, everyone chases the HP.  Good luck finding a way to keep the ranged or casters away from the HP/defensive boosts.  Not that I care that much about casters or ranged having them as long as the melees get them.  The goal here is to make melee more viable.  I'd prefer to do it without also buffing casters and ranged, but if they get a buff out of it too, I really don't care. 

Although, I'm not sure what you can do to prevent death from 4k+ cleaves.  You can't jack HP up that high.  Part of that is a playstyle issue.  Melees can't charge in on R8-R10 and face tank trash mobs.  They have to wait and let the casters or ranged hold/command/paralyze,stone,etc stuff first or use their own CC, like Dire charge, trip, stun, etc. 

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 3:12pm:

1)  Very few people like significant power in the reaper trees.  That creates another grind.  And the back end of the reaper grind is crazy.  People would prefer this power to exist in other ways.

2)  If you don't limit people to only one tree, then the ranged will go into the melee tree like the casters do now with Grim Barricade.  Most casters I know are maxxing out Grim first before putting points into Dire Thau when leveling because HP > DC's for the most part.  Ranged will give up the small DPS boosts for big survivability boosts in Grim and melee tree most likely.  You either need to limite players to 1 tree or something else.  Otherwise, everyone chases the HP.  Good luck finding a way to keep the ranged or casters away from the HP/defensive boosts.  Not that I care that much about casters or ranged having them as long as the melees get them.  The goal here is to make melee more viable.  I'd prefer to do it without also buffing casters and ranged, but if they get a buff out of it too, I really don't care. 

Although, I'm not sure what you can do to prevent death from 4k+ cleaves.  You can't jack HP up that high.  Part of that is a playstyle issue.  Melees can't charge in on R8-R10 and face tank trash mobs.  They have to wait and let the casters or ranged hold/command/paralyze,stone,etc stuff first or use their own CC, like Dire charge, trip, stun, etc. 

Yes ranged that run low-mid skulls ... Grim better than the others ... a couple RP << HP, dodge, saves, etc.

high skulls ... you need just distance and diplo.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2017 at 4:58pm by Cleridin »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Melees can't charge in on R8-R10 and face tank trash mobs.  They have to wait and let the casters or ranged hold/command/paralyze,stone,etc stuff first or use their own CC, like Dire charge, trip, stun, etc. 

For the record, this sort of expectation is what's wrong with the entitled whiners on the motherboards.  Of course you don't charge into a horde of trash mobs on R10.  That's just stupid, regardless of the build. 

You wait for your crowd controller to lay down disco ball, sleet storm, etc., then your tank pulls the horde into that while the cleric heals them and the crowd controller works on mass holds, etc.  At the same time, melee should be dire charging the mobs that have moved into the sleet storm, etc. to help with the initial lock downs and any mobs that resist disco, hold, etc.  The ranged and dps casters are sniping the archers, champs and reapers during that time. 

When done properly, virtually all the threat to your melee DPS is eliminated in the first 5-10s and then they are free to go nuts with DPS.  That's how you do R10.

« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2017 at 5:40pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  

Re: 1, there's no 100% perfect solution regarding power creep but it's part of the game though, for better or worse.   If there's not something to grind for, they'll lose the customers who live for the grind along with all the other ways they're driving customers away these days.  I'm fine with the majority of the power creep only working while in Reaper content as a compromise.

Re: 2, as someone who primarily runs a shuricannon, I personally would not and have not chosen HPs over DPS increases.  I have around 1.2 or 1.3k HPs buffed in reaper.

My job in high skull reaper runs is to make the deathwarded trash and bosses dead as fast as possible.  DPS > all for me.

I can do that without HP bloat.   If I'm getting hit frequently enough to need lots of HPs, I'm doing something very wrong or the tank is doing something wrong in which case a extra HPs won't really help in the long run.

It cracks me up when I see DPS casters and ranged players running around in US destiny sporting 2.5k+ HPs while not being able to damage their way out of a wet, R10 paper bag.   I suspect those are the exact same players bitching about how useless DPS builds are on the forums.  As Wipe mentioned, those players just don't understand that high skull reaper is all about proper teamwork with assigned roles and extreme min/maxing, not kill counts or individual grandstanding.

The only ranged type toon that should need a ton of HPs in high reapers is the crowd controller.  They tend to draw a lot of initial aggro while locking the hordes down at the start of a fight.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2017 at 5:50pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #22 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Really funny.

Ive said it many times, in a game wout pvp there is no real competition nor ballance nor will it ever exist.
The most efficient way to play ddo is to pick the most op fotm and just roll with it.
No point to be attached to a specific class, only makes you miserable when you group and see how useless you are.
Nerfing or buffing wont change shit, they need to add a pvp system and focus from there.
(im quite enjoying bns pvp even tho i massively suck at it)

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 5:52am:
The most efficient way to play ddo is to pick the most op fotm and just roll with it.
No point to be attached to a specific class, only makes you miserable when you group and see how useless you are.
Nerfing or buffing wont change shit, they need to add a pvp system and focus from there.
(im quite enjoying bns pvp even tho i massively suck at it)

No, people play MMOs to have fun, so the most efficient way to do it is to play the style you like the most. The whole fucking point of being attached to a specific class (playstyle is a more correct word) is because you like it. The problem comes when this style is destroyed by others, so yes, nerfing will change shit.

Disclaimer: I'm not agreeing with Tilo, I think instakills are OK.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:28am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
This guy's an idiot, I'm more than happy to get 1 kill or none at all and be in someone's inventory until the end of a quest to get resurrected for the end reward and free xp. Cheesy Fuck the kill count!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint