Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Tilomere and Co (Read 9954 times)
iGouger
Ex Member

Re: Tilomere and Co
Reply #25 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Tangelina wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:11pm:
This guy's an idiot, I'm more than happy to get 1 kill or none at all and be in someone's inventory until the end of a quest to get resurrected for the end reward and free xp. Cheesy Fuck the kill count!

So in other words, you'd enjoy logging into DDO to play a quest, just so you could die, do nothing, and not have to play DDO?

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that most normal people who play games would rather play a game and have fun with it, rather than do nothing. For instance, I don't play Mario so I can wait around and watch cutscenes; I play Mario so I can jump on some Goombas and run through some castles, and whatever.

IP Logged

shadowgate
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
So in other words, you'd enjoy logging into DDO to play a quest, just so you could die, do nothing, and not have to play DDO?

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that most normal people who play games would rather play a game and have fun with it, rather than do nothing. For instance, I don't play Mario so I can wait around and watch cutscenes; I play Mario so I can jump on some Goombas and run through some castles, and whatever.

Yeah yeah everyone says crap like that. They just want the fun.  The daily grind is a real thing in DDO. Very little of the day to day game play is based around fun in any traditional sense. Preach all you want but after you run a quest a few hundred times being carried through a quest can be a welcome thing.

If Mario needs 20,000 Goomba deaths so he can get his Tanooki suit you can bet you would welcome someone else jumping that Goomba for you.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:20am by shadowgate »  

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Or you could just... you know, not play the game if it's not fun. Is this such a novel concept to some people?

IP Logged

shadowgate
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Or you could just... you know, not play the game if it's not fun. Is this such a novel concept to some people?

I did give up playing. I still like to haunt these boards any time I got nostalgic and feel like returning. DDO is that abusive ex that you long for.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 8:01am
Print Post  
shadowgate wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 1:52am:
I did give up playing. I still like to haunt these boards any time I got nostalgic and feel like returning. DDO is that abusive ex that you long for.

More like you are that stalker ex that ddo needs a restraining order on because you keep showing up in the bushes at 3am.   Grin Grin

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #30 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 20th, 2017 at 8:01am:
More like you are that stalker ex that ddo needs a restraining order on because you keep showing up in the bushes at 3am.   Grin Grin

More like DDO is that sweet young hooker that you used to bang when you were younger.

She might be old and worn out, but you know for 20 bucks she will still give you a quick ride.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #31 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 2:34am:
More like DDO is that sweet young hooker that you used to bang when you were younger.

She might be old and worn out, but you know for 20 bucks she will still give you a quick ride.

More like returning to a strip club 10 years later to find mostly the same girls and the handful of new ones they've hired are mostly ugly...and fucking psycho.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #32 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:06am:
More like returning to a strip club 10 years later to find mostly the same girls and the handful of new ones they've hired are mostly ugly...and fucking psycho.

The same could be said for the patrons...

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

shadowgate
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 2:34am:

There's no ass in the whole world like a young Jewish girl who's hooking. You take that to the bank.

The stalker bit rings true though. DDO and I are codependent.

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #34 - Aug 22nd, 2017 at 3:51am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 6:15pm:
Honestly the only change that needs to happen is that melees need to do MUCH more damage than they currently do.

Asheras wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:27am:
Then, alter the Dire Thaumaturge Tree to give NO HP per point spent and remove the DC boosts (keep the stat boosts) and replace them with USP boosts and/or efficient Maximize, Efficient Empower, maybe a caster level/max caster level increase.  Stuff that helps DPS casting, not DC casting.

Dps is great for melees and dps casters, and instakill casters don't need to be nerfed.

Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 1:45pm:
Back to the Elitism.

No one has to play reaper. If you decide to play reaper with a 1st life inferior build, than you may just have a bad time.  CryEpic past lives and a 36 point build goes a long way.

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #35 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 5:37am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 19th, 2017 at 9:28am:
No, people play MMOs to have fun, so the most efficient way to do it is to play the style you like the most. The whole fucking point of being attached to a specific class (playstyle is a more correct word) is because you like it. The problem comes when this style is destroyed by others, so yes, nerfing will change shit.

Disclaimer: I'm not agreeing with Tilo, I think instakills are OK.

I personally always wanted ballance in this game, so i pushed toward nerfs/buffs on mother forums since i dont have 1 class i like to play but i enjoyed playing them all.
(i got completionist before motu bshit n crap when classes were more or less in the same power curve).

So my attachment to the old golden days made me tell alot of bshit on mforums in hope they bring back the old days, but at this point it escalated so much that there is no way back.

That is personal, but i assume most people beg for nerfs because of ego issues.
You group with someone who outperforms you 10x times and you blame the class and not your playstyle.
Most playstyles can contribute nowadays, but some people just dont like seing that finger animation when they use some of their special strikes as melee /no idea, smites or that  bard instakill or stun blow etc etc.
So its pretty much a ego vs ego battle nowadays on mother forums when it comes to nerf xxx or buff xxx, people dont really care about ballance in ddo, they just want to make that what they enjoy strong and that what they dislike weak.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #36 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 6:17am
Print Post  
What is a Moron?

LeDouche OverVaan.

Cheesy

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Aug 22nd, 2017 at 3:51am:
No one has to play reaper. If you decide to play reaper with a 1st life inferior build, than you may just have a bad time. 

That's true, but the problem is that in practice, there aren't any LFMs or playerbase for new players who want to get started with the game and play stuff as a 1st life "inferior build" as you call it. I remember back when I started in 2009 (or 2010? I forget) there were plenty of groups doing normal and hard, and I could keep up, even if I was unconsciously gimping my character.

Nowadays, every group is elite or reaper. So if a new player wants to play normal... then, well, that player better get used to soloing. When you say "no one has to play reaper," that's partially true, but it's untrue in the sense that you do have to play reaper if you don't want to solo everything in the game.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #38 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Tilo (or someone) changed every one of his posts to "del".  Not just that thread, every post.

I already knew he was narcissistic but the "my ball and I am going home" is just being a selfish ahole.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 2:52am:
Tilo (or someone) changed every one of his posts to "del".  Not just that thread, every post.

I already knew he was narcissistic but the "my ball and I am going home" is just being a selfish ahole.

checked it, yeah, what the f0ck? I Only went through 3 or 4 pages and realized this psycopath also deleted his "threads started".

What kind of opium hash makes you do that. Afghani or Pakistani? I hear Pakistani is better for hallucinations.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:20am
Print Post  
Oh did him getting his balls busted here, because he's a pantywaste, make him just CHONE ON THE MOBO!

Hahaha Tilo CHONED ON THE MOBO due to Vaulties Busting his balls!!   WIN.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #42 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 7:31am
Print Post  
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #43 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 7:57am
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:20am:
Oh did him getting his balls busted here, because he's a pantywaste, make him just CHONE ON THE MOBO!

Hahaha Tilo CHONED ON THE MOBO due to Vaulties Busting his balls!!   WIN.

Next level would to be to make him chone the game.

And the last to make him chone his life.

Get to work, my brethren!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #44 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
LOL.   Being too thin-skinned to hack it here is one thing, but not being able to hack the overly-politically correct mobos is just f'ing sad.  Dude's got a hard life ahead of him if he couldn't handle the mobos.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Aug 17th, 2017 at 10:25am:
It's a fucking PvE game you fuckwit, kill count means jack shit. Stop calling for fucking nerfs every other weak because you clowns are getting butthurt. For fucks sake it's annoying and childish.

Yes, idiots constantly calling for nerfs to the new meta are always going to be idiots.

But don't use "It's a fucking PvE game you fuckwit, kill count means jack shit" as your excuse for justifying lame to mediocre game balance.  If you aren't contributing in other ways to your group (CC, throwing heals, buffing, etc.) than you just suck and the fault is all on you.

Kill count means exactly what it means for the DPS classes (and in this context DPS means kills whether by sword or by spell):  How effective they are at moving fast through content.  In other words, kill count means everything.

But in the end it only means that you need to adapt to survive.

Any player has the right to complain about the meta.  But they don't have the right to ignore the meta.  If they aren't willing to move on to the things which work in the meta than we can forgive them their failings for playing a class which is sub-par in the meta, but we can't forgive them for their complaints, since the meta is always changing and so must the player base be if it wants to remain relevant.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #46 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 1:30pm
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint