Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic AOE Spell Help? (Read 1245 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

AOE Spell Help?
Sep 6th, 2017 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
I'm currently finishing up what has thusfar been a very entertaining wizard life. Full palemaster, tons of insta-kills, some much wail.

But I am hitting a wall when I run in to the occasional pack of mobs that are immune to both death effects AND negative energy!

My main moves are of course finger of death, circle, and wail. My backups to those are Necrotic Ray and the PM SLAs(they're nice, they cost HP instead of MP!). For large groups I can always cast displacement and let death aura and negative energy burst do their thing.

My problem, however, is when I run in to mobs that are immune to death effects and negative energy. Right now my only real strategy is to throw up acid rain and cry like a little girl while ineffectively plinking away at them with other acid spells(acid is my next highest spellpower behind Negative).

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: AOE Spell Help?
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Acid Rain is solid. Wall of Fire does extra damage vs undead. Ice Storm and Cloudkill are good too.

Barring those, Web + party members usually works.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: AOE Spell Help?
Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Party members has been my typical fall-back strategy, but I'll start spamming firewall too. Animated Armors seems to be my biggest challenge. They don't die to Undeath to Death(since apparently they aren't undead) and are healing from my death aura!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint