Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pure artificers any good after the pass? (Read 2355 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Pure artificers any good after the pass?
Aug 15th, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
I know arties got a pass in U35, did it make the class decent again?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Pure artificers any good after the pass?
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
From the ones I've seen in PUGs, not really.

Dunno if it's just the people running them or if the potential of the class in game isn't matching up to the spreadsheet math but gxbow Rogue mechs are still doing better.  Shuricannons are LOLing at them.

Over the years though, I've run across some really diehard Artie fans/players and I suspect that for them, life is a lot better than it was before the update.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Really the only thing that registers to me is the difference in move speed. But after keeping a pure arti at cap, and playing it there for so long, I'm not sure I can reliably recognize dps anymore. Oh. More things are dead after 18 seconds of fusillade than were dead after fewer seconds of fusillade. Is that what dps looks like?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 16th, 2017 at 1:59am:
Really the only thing that registers to me is the difference in move speed. But after keeping a pure arti at cap, and playing it there for so long, I'm not sure I can reliably recognize dps anymore. Oh. More things are dead after 18 seconds of fusillade than were dead after fewer seconds of fusillade. Is that what dps looks like?

YASS.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Yeah, well, Fusillade can really chew bosses. Well and trash.

That said, I still prefer caster artificers. Probably because I suck and run only low skull reaper where spell DPS is still okay and being in Blast Rod range doesn't get me killed.

ATM running a artificer 9/sorc 1/fighter 10 for past life - using cleaves to supplement the DPS while SLAs are on cooldown. It's okay, can certainly carry weaker groups through R1-2s, but it gets pretty pathetic at higher skull levels.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 10:53am
Print Post  
If you're really good at runearm blasting (consistently firing it off as soon as it charges up to tier 5) and that doesn't impair your running and xbow shooting, then yes, it is decent DPS, but not impressive, and not more than a properly built shuriken or mech build will get with less effort.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1498748221/0

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Artificer is one of my favorite classes (and splashes) and I absolutely love using runearms, even if they're not optimal. I've never been one for min-maxing or playing at endgame or whatever. So Artificers have always been great fun for me personally, or at least they were until Turbine decided to fuck over the game with monster champions, thereby making heroic game 99% less enjoyable

IMO the biggest thing about the change is the buff to runearms. Obviously I haven't done the relevant math and comparisons between Battle Engineer vs. Mechanic or anything like that, but in theory, someone who makes great use of Runearm charges should do well DPS wise. Runearms actually do some good damage now.

• Rune Arm's cooldown has been improved by 30%. This is very good, and allows you to spend AP elsewhere should you desire to
  • Rune Arm's Charge Decay while moving has been reduced by 50%.Also a good thing
  • There is no longer a penalty to movement speed while charging a Rune Arm.Very nice and makes playing Artificer a lot less clunky
  • Artificers now get Warhammer and Light Hammer proficiencies.
    Improved Critical: Bludgeoning has been added to the Artificer Class Feat list. meh
  • Artificer Admixture spells now fire straight down if the caster has themselves hard-targeted.nice quality of life change I suppose, but really, if you're playing Arti, you're going to be healing with UMD Heal scrolls anyway
  • Rune Arm shots now scale with 100% Spell Power.Probably their biggest boost aside from Unlock Potential or Tactical Mobility
  • Rune Arm weapon imbues now scale with 200% Melee or Ranged Power (whichever is higher).This one's also pretty nice

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint