Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) OK.. seriously.. wtf? Nothing? (Read 6887 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: OK.. seriously.. wtf? Nothing?
Reply #25 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Something else fun they could do with Zones: add crazy buffs.

E.G. "This weekend, these select packs get +30% doublestrike/doublshot"

Yes, people would eat through content, but that's the idea! Get more people playing.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
I'd like to see a special Reaper Heart of Wood, or whatever.
where a toon can play at cap, but use the heart you buy, or earn though some other ginding means, that resets the first time reaper bonus for quests.
right now, TR is only way to reset the bonus.  and if I am going to TR, I plan to stick with my train and the people I know.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #27 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
All they really need is random group finder.

I remember talking with one of the content designers at Blizzard.  When they put in random group finder in WoW the number of people doing dungeons jumped something crazy like almost 3000%.

Long story short people are lazy and hate being put on the spot for making groups.  You let them click a button though and BAM...instant grouping.

If SSG had two brain cells to rub together they'd do something similar in DDO.

For example:

Quote:
- Click a button.  You can select "Standard" or "Reaper."  1st/2nd life cannot queue for reaper.
- For standard it waits for 3 people then starts a 60 second countdown.  More people can join.  For 3-4 people in group, you enter on hard.  For 5-6, you enter on elite.
- For reaper it waits for 4 people then starts 60 second timer.  4-5 you enter on R1, 6 people you enter on R2.
- You can queue as a group.

- Bravery/First run bonus removed when randoming.  Replaced with 'Random Bonus' that is 10% less than a full bravery first run would reward.
- Random Bonus never goes away, never ransacks.  You get it every time even if you random the same dungeon 8 times in a row by some fluke.
- Same with reaper bonus.  You get full reaper bonus every time.

- Take a curated number of dungeons from each level range.    This avoids RNG luck of getting shitty dungeons when you random.  EG:  Fuck Mines of BloatedHPMobsamyr.
- You can be put into dungeons you do not own.  However, chests cannot drop rare/dungeon specific items for you and you cannot have them passed to you if you do not own the dungeon.
- Leaving a random dungeon in under 10 minutes incurs a 30 minute leaver penalty whereby you cannot requeue (so you can't just keep re-entering until you get a dungeon you want).
- If you release when dead, it ports you to the zone in with 20% hp/sp.
- If it's your first time doing the dungeon you will get favor.

I'm sure I'm missing stuff but I'm not paid to fix their broken shit.  I'm providing an outline for a solution that would help towards make grouping not a giant pile of donkey shit that they keep making worse but their blind echo chamber can't fathom anything else.

Then again, this would help grow the game and keep people interested in playing/grouping together and they don't have time for that.  They're far more interesting in marketing to the handful of whales left.  Why do you think they've done -0- advertising for content outside of their own social media platforms which...surprise surprise...only DDO players pay attention to?

Every indie game dev and their cousin is on Neo-gaf, Reddit, IGN, etc...shitposting all day every day doing AMA's, posting dank memes, giving out codes, getting people to play their games.

Even when he was at the con Cordovan talked to absolutely zero people outside of DDO players.  His crowning achievement as the social media manager at SSG was "sitting at a table at a restaurant near some of the guys from Critical Roll and oh god it was super cool to be near them!"

Great fucking job.  How about you assclowns stop telling me how cool and awesome Ravenloft is going to be and start telling the people who aren't already playing the fucking game?  HOLY SHIT GENIUS LEVEL MARKETING TIPS RIGHT HERE FELLA'S.  The fact that they can't even keep the goddamn Steam page up to date speaks volumes.

But hey, they're super excited for Ravenloft.  Just wait guys, 12 dungeons we'll do 3 times for the mudflated gear and then never touch again because the xp is garbage and the encounters are lame compared to quests that game out 11 years ago.  It's gonna be so kewl!
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:00pm by Zehnpai »  

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #28 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
I might be a little bit salty about this topic.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #29 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 11:06am:
decent Vorpal weapons

I just grabbed this from somewhere.

Level 3.  This game's stupid.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:07pm:
I might be a little bit salty about this topic.

I approve.  Please post moar.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #31 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 4:50pm:
All they really need is random group finder.

I remember talking with one of the content designers at Blizzard.  When they put in random group finder in WoW the number of people doing dungeons jumped something crazy like almost 3000%.

So, speaking as someone who played WoW at launch, the original idea was as follows: put the dungeons way out in the wilderness, thus requiring players to "group up" in the major cities and hubs of the game, then travel together to the dungeon. The journey was supposed to be part of the adventure.

In principle, it was a wonderful idea. In practice, it FUCKING SUCKED. I recall attempting to join a group once, only to find that half the players were actually already AT the very distant dungeon and the other half had taken off the second they accepted my invite. At the time I had only ever been there once and barely knew the way, the others also had a shortcut I didn't know.

Long story short, after spending 15 minutes listening to the 3 guys already there brag about the insane loot drops they were getting, a quite the group and went back to the city. For most of the year and a half I played, I spent time soloing because of amny similar experiences.

Keep in mind, a given dungeon could easily take 30 minutes to reach. With players refusing to play the game the way it was designed, things got ugly.

The dungeon locator system came after my time, but I understand it improved things pretty dramatically.

Wanna know the irony, here? Cordo's facebook page lists "World of Warcraft" as his favorite game  Shocked

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:30pm:
I just grabbed this from somewhere.

http://mitnal.com/ddo/vorp.jpg

Level 3.  This game's stupid.

Nice pull Tongue

I've beem buying up vorpals recently. Didn't used to think much of them, was heavily obsessed with getting as many extra numbers on a weapon as I could.

Currently playing a dual-wielding character, I grabbed a pair of vorpals with decent secondary effects last week, and watched with awe as they absolutely chewed through mobs.

Now I'm collecting battle axes for my next life.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #33 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
Currently playing a dual-wielding character, I grabbed a pair of vorpals with decent secondary effects last week, and watched with awe as they absolutely chewed through mobs.

I had some gimpass first-life rogue thing I never bothered with... so old it had a +5 tome from Mabar that never got used.  Did the same thing - I respecced to dual daggers, grabbed some vorpals... it's wild.  Fun, but goddamn.  Vorpal/deception/greater vorpal/greater deception/Stalker ring/Smoke goggles/Endless Night augments - 20 = fireworks.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
I dont find myself leveling a whole lot faster, but I'll throw a ring of the stalker and some deception gear in the mix tonight and see what comes out.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #35 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Vorpal always just feels like a mercy rule though, especially without animations.  "You're taking too long to kill this... *bloop*"

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #36 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 3:23pm:
Been meaning to write a much belated but scathing review of ToEE.  Sorry I've been slacking and not adding to the drama Tongue

Well, where is it?

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Thats nothing exclusive.
Meridia waypoint and shroud flag complete drop min lvl 1. Vorpals inc humanbane  Shocked

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 7:06pm:
Vorpal always just feels like a mercy rule though, especially without animations.  "You're taking too long to kill this... *bloop*"

it is really nice to be able to play on higher diff and not have to spend forever on trash.

I''m feeling annoyed wwith my decisions. I wanted to grind out some twink gear so I started a sword and board life. It got board, now all I want is to be a dwarf barbarian!

Maybe I'll roll up an alt to test it.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 1:11am
Print Post  
I think Vorpal on low level lootgen is sort of overrated. Rolling a 20 is always a 5% chance at that point, and when you're level 3, you can usually kill any given mob within three or four strikes anyway, if that. Vorpal is really good in reaper though, and starts gaining traction around midgame. Early game though, I'd take a Flaming Weapon of Bleed or something like that any day over some Vorpal item.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #40 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Good luck with your flaming or bleed in R5 low level quests ..... I'll use my vorpal and do the next 8 quests while you're banging away for 1 dmg every scond or third swing in your one quest  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2017 at 1:24am by Jelly_Muffin »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #41 - Sep 27th, 2017 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
And that's why Im scouring the AH daily for low level vorpals Tongue

I already have legacy CC stuff that beats the pants off of everything in normal diff(the oldschool Holy 2d6 on an ML1 greataxe is niiiiice) but for reaper - yeah, vorpal is what you need.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #42 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think Vorpal on low level lootgen is sort of overrated. Rolling a 20 is always a 5% chance at that point, and when you're level 3, you can usually kill any given mob within three or four strikes anyway, if that. Vorpal is really good in reaper though, and starts gaining traction around midgame. Early game though, I'd take a Flaming Weapon of Bleed or something like that any day over some Vorpal item.

You are right on elite.  But on R4 or R5, where your average hit of 30 damage becomes 5, you have a problem.  Not with a regular mob, which probably still only has 120-150 HP.  (I mean you went from needing 4-5 hits to kill it to needing 20-30.  But what about when that champ spawns that has 300-400 HP?  Even at full damage he was 10 hits (and you miss him sometimes, because...Champ).  On your reduced damage you need 60-80 hits.  Assuming you miss on a 1 or 2, that means 72-96 swings.  You will roll, on average 3-4 20's somewhere in there.  The vorpal will ALWAYS be faster.  And the damage difference of your "great DPS" weapon vs. the vorpal is probably that 5 now a 4.  Even if you have Carniflex or Guardians Dagger or something that doubles the threat range, you crits are muffled as well, so they only do 10 or 12 damage. 

The vorpal is better on anything over R2.  R2 and below, a case can be made for a bad ass DPS weapon instead.  On elite, absolutely go DPS weapon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint