Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Farming warlock build and gear? (Read 8741 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Farming warlock build and gear?
Oct 9th, 2017 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Now that I've got the class, I'd like to make a level 15 warlock to farm with.  Build I could probably figure out, but I really have no idea how to gear a warlock. 

I made a pale master (hit the same problem and lost interest, I have no idea what gear they need) and have been dumping any named cloaks, trinkets, orbs, whatever looks spell-casty on her.

So, what's an easy warlock build using either a bladeforge, purple dragon knight, or sun elf (those are the iconics I have right now)?

And what's a decent level 15-16 gear set for a warlock?  What named items and/or items should I be stashing aside to make a farmer with?

Thanks.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Re: Farming warlock build and gear?
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 11:15am
Print Post  
my ES 37 / SE23.. tank? PDK 1 / Warlock 14 has:

(Reaper) Pansophic Circlet with 5% ASF augment slotted (unless in use by leveling characters)
Guardian's Locket (8 AC) / Death's Locket
Empowered Dragonscale
Earthen Mantle / Jeweled Cloak
Knight's Belt
Brazenband
Guardian's Gauntlets
Boots of the Devil Commander
crafted Alluring Ring PRR+MRR 19
Mysterious Bracers
Random magecraft breastplate: fire absorb, heal amp, insightful fire res / acid absorb of heal amp
Random Conjuration Focus 3 of Enchantment Focus 2 goggles
Mithral Heavy Shield of Superior Stability
Rod of Mythant

scrolls: Heal, Mass Protection from Elements, Fire Shield, Raise Dead
pots: yugo pot of Con, rage

Can hit 56 con, 1100+ HP with Shining Through; 90 or more PRR/MRR (doubled against evadable attacks with heavy shield).
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2017 at 11:18am by crunch »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
BF will lock you into Fey pact, which is my least favorite pact.  And reaper is a bit more punitive on toasters.

Sun Elf doesn't really give you much of anything.  Unless you are spending points in the tree.  But at 15, you are probably busy using the very strong Warlock trees.

PDK's 1 fighter is pretty meh.  And you look like a cartoon with a thick neck.  It also brings little to the table.  Besides the bonus feat at level 1.

I'd go sun Elf over PDK, mostly for the asthetics.  None of them have much that is warlock beneficial unless you wanna do some melee-lock.  But assuming a DC lock or a DPS-lock, its either Sun Elf or PDK.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
And you look like a cartoon with a thick neck.

When I do PDK now, I always make a female toon - they're slightly less horrific.  Named the first male PDK I rolled (long since deleted now) Hamfist McBighead because...hamfisted bigheads.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
First life mule probably won't be DC lock.
two levels of cleric can give you earth domain power. Your acid spells will use Light Spell Power if it is higher. Your light spells will use Acid Spell Power if it is higher. Fire domain has similar benefit. Does it work for warlock pact damage? Worth testing.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
If you're going to farm Cannith Challenges, go GOO spritzer (cone) warlock. 

Rushmore Challenges: You can break all the things with spritzer easier than any of the other shapes, plus you get Expeditious Retreat, Dim Door, and Knock.

Kobold Herding Challenges: You have Dim Door, AoE and Charms.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
If it needs to be iconic, deep gnome would be the best if you can afford it.

Anyway, all you need is spellpower. Radiance + your pact element. No need for Impulse as long as you take Utterdark Blast. Evo DCs and extra defense are gravy.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:27am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
If it needs to be iconic, deep gnome would be the best if you can afford it.

Anyway, all you need is spellpower. Radiance + your pact element. No need for Impulse as long as you take Utterdark Blast. Evo DCs and extra defense are gravy.

Impulse affects Evards if I remember correctly.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #8 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:27am:
Impulse affects Evards if I remember correctly.

Who cares how much DAMAGE Evard's does???

It's the CC element that's critical.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 1:50pm:

It's the CC element that's critical.

Decent damage on heroic elite. Not needed, but slotting pansophic is easy.

ml 15 DC set up and a few sets by others including a medium armor set up for ES builds or as a 16th level elf.
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1492272151/15#15

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #10 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Which build will give me the strongest death aura (or killer aura of easy death, or whatever the fuck it's called)?  Iconic would be ideal, but I'm also considering taking an existing level 7 toon (since he already has plus 2 tomes of everything) and leveling him up to about level 15 or 16.

Challenge farming would be part of it (so fast moving and DD) but I'm also kind of interested in AFK farming (best kind of farming is where I do as little as possible).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
splash 1 barb for 10% base or 2 barb and 8 ap gets sprint boost 50%, use rage into sprint boost 35%, and 2 extra rages per shrine. covers enough sprinting to get everywhere. Enlightened Spirit tree is what gets aura and bursts along with medium armor arcane failure bypass. Go Great Old One pact for acid damage.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #12 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
splash 1 barb for 10% base or 2 barb and 8 ap gets sprint boost 50%, use rage into sprint boost 35%, and 2 extra rages per shrine. covers enough sprinting to get everywhere. Enlightened Spirit tree is what gets aura and bursts along with medium armor arcane failure bypass. Go Great Old One pact for acid damage.

Get bored out of your skull after 5 levels.
Quit the game.
The end.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 1:50pm:

People that know how to use it to CC AND kill mobs with one cast while challenge farming.  Obviously, you're not one of those people, so carry on.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 7:10am
Print Post  

Looks good, but what Feats should I be taking?  I can (and often do) reset the the trees to play with them, but I've only got one heart of wood to work with on this toon, so whatever feats I take, I'm going to be stuck with.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
start with max and empower for bursts, consume, and stricken. then pick some combination of completionist, past life wizard, spell focus necro, heighten, quicken, or enlarge.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #16 - Oct 30th, 2017 at 10:40am
Print Post  

First life is done and starting the second as a warlock.

Now lets say I've decided to be really ambitious and no longer want to make a level 16 challenge farmer, but would rather have an epic farmer; something that can easily farm ToEE or Slavers on hard or (dare I dream?) elite.  Do I still want a splash of barb or should I go for a pure warlock?*

Also, what rubies do I want to equip for the GOO blast and aura?

*Ended up with a spare greater epic XP tome, so I might actually be grinding out some epic past lives on this toon too.  It's pretty much going to be spending all its time in epics.
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2017 at 10:42am by Skoodge »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 30th, 2017 at 10:40am:
First life is done and starting the second as a warlock.

Now lets say I've decided to be really ambitious and no longer want to make a level 16 challenge farmer, but would rather have an epic farmer; something that can easily farm ToEE or Slavers on hard or (dare I dream?) elite.  Do I still want a splash of barb or should I go for a pure warlock?*

Also, what rubies do I want to equip for the GOO blast and aura?

*Ended up with a spare greater epic XP tome, so I might actually be grinding out some epic past lives on this toon too.  It's pretty much going to be spending all its time in epics.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1508287952/2#2

go with medium armor on any fleshie and get the capstone in ES. use large shield to save a feat and keep 14~ dodge cap. go pure for capstone tho. you should be at 60%+ physical reduction, 50%+ magical reduction, high saves, high ac, and like 5k hps when using a greensteel 2 piece set with a trip pos legendary affirmation stick. best elite farming build in game. very few buttons, hard to die at all. self heals work in low reaper as well.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #18 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:29am:
very few buttons

Yeah...I'm noticing that.  Still low level but the attack "sequence" is by far the simplest of any class I've played.  So far it seems to mostly be "pew pew pewing" down a hall and casting a CC spell if anything gets too close.

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:29am:
self heals work in low reaper as well.

Pot or scrolls?  Where does the locks self-healing come in?

Thanks for the advice though.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 7:26am:
Yeah...I'm noticing that.  Still low level but the attack "sequence" is by far the simplest of any class I've played.  So far it seems to mostly be "pew pew pewing" down a hall and casting a CC spell if anything gets too close.

Pot or scrolls?  Where does the locks self-healing come in?

Thanks for the advice though. 

EA destiny or consecrated ground if in US/Shiradi for heals. Triple hamp lgs affirmation, and hamp from lock trees. Spam staunch and shining through to always have temp hps.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #20 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Ended up rolling and leveling a lock farming toon and have to admit, I was a little disappointed with the speed.  I thought a splash of barb with the brazenband ring and retreat would be enough, but it really doesn't seem nearly as fast as a thief-acrobat with fast movement and a splash of barb.

I'll keep it to farm other challenges (no complaints about the damage or its ability to take down a boss) but I'm thinking about TRing my old farmer instead of deleting it.

Can you regular TR an iconic at 20 if you've only taken one of its core levels?  Or are you stuck going to 30 no matter what?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 1:43am:
Ended up rolling and leveling a lock farming toon and have to admit, I was a little disappointed with the speed.

Did you use Feeding Frenzy?

Can you regular TR an iconic at 20 if you've only taken one of its core levels?

No.

Or are you stuck going to 30 no matter what?

Yes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #22 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 10:08am:
Did you use Feeding Frenzy?

Hadn't gotten around to resetting my enhancements yet, but unless they stack way more than they look like they do, I'm pretty sure the flat %16 percent additional boost from the thief-acrobat tree is going to give more consistent speed than the sporadic boosts from feeding frenzy.

5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 10:08am:
Yes.

Figured it out while waiting.  It's tempting, but too much work to equip and push a farmer through that many epic levels.  I ended up just starting a new toon at level 7.  Should only take a few days to level her up and grind out the favor to make her a back up mule as an additional bonus (way easier to get that favor when you're not VIP by starting at seven in groups than trying to grind it out solo at level 15).

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:26pm:
Hadn't gotten around to resetting my enhancements yet, but unless they stack way more than they look like they do, I'm pretty sure the flat %16 percent additional boost from the thief-acrobat tree is going to give more consistent speed than the sporadic boosts from feeding frenzy.

Sporadic? 20 second duration, 10 second cooldown. You don't encounter a mob to consume every 20 seconds? What are you farming? DDoor alone nets more distance covered in challenges anyway even if you don't use consume.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #24 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:38pm:
Sporadic? 20 second duration, 10 second cooldown. You don't encounter a mob to consume every 20 seconds? What are you farming? DDoor alone nets more distance covered in challenges anyway even if you don't use consume.

whos not using consume? just hit lvl 3 last night.. i fucking LOVE consume and stricken.. XD

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint