Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Unofficial Xpack packages/prices/dates from DigRiv (Read 21104 times)
NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Unofficial Xpack packages/prices/dates from DigRiv
Reply #50 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
A handful of fanbois aside, most people are let down by this shitty offering and it's a bad blow for DDO no matter how much you fanbois will bleat that it isn't. People are not coming back for this and current players are very meh about it already

Yeah, other than the normal fanbois (and even some of them have turned on this) they are getting thrashed on the motherboards. Unfortunately, SSG will probably dismiss everyone as trolling.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
Where did you find purchasable in March 2018 for points in the DDO Store?

https://www.ddo.com/en/u37-FAQ

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
The Mists of Ravenloft™ expansion will be purchasable in March 2018 for points in the DDO Store.
Race: Aasimar 1395
Mists of Ravenloft Expansion Content: 2495
Scourge of the Undead Iconic: 1295

Standard it is

That's the way to do it! For free!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Humble Pie
Korthos Resident

Never settle.

Reply #53 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
So. the Mists of Ravenloft expansion and the Aasimar race is 3900 tp (or whatever they are called now), which is ~$20-$25 if you purchased your points during a triple point sale.  So its gonna cost $15-$20 extra, just to be able to play it when it opens?

Bah, think I will just continue on my Racial Train, and maybe even earn enough free points to buy it when it is available in March. Perhaps by then, all the major bugs will be fixed.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #54 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Humble Pie wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
So. the Mists of Ravenloft expansion and the Aasimar race is 3900 tp (or whatever they are called now), which is ~$20-$25 if you purchased your points during a triple point sale.  So its gonna cost $15-$20 extra, just to be able to play it when it opens?

Bah, think I will just continue on my Racial Train, and maybe even earn enough free points to buy it when it is available in March. Perhaps by then, all the major bugs will be fixed.

But you will miss 3 months of duping.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 2:00pm:
But you will miss 3 months of duping.

And the caek

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:39pm:

thank you

IP Logged

ShoeMaker
Korthos Resident

Reply #57 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
A handful of fanbois aside, most people are let down by this shitty offering and it's a bad blow for DDO no matter how much you fanbois will bleat that it isn't. People are not coming back for this and current players are very meh about it already

Not really, most people are complaining about the bundled stuff, not the expansion itself.  If you're not VIP then the basic bundle is not bad in terms of pricing, VIPs get kinda fucked over but it's not really that much money in the greater scheme of things.  We'll have to wait and see how Ravenloft content plays, if it's good, if there nice items to farm, then it will probably bring some people back...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #59 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 4:19pm:
Not really, most people are complaining about the bundled stuff, not the expansion itself.  If you're not VIP then the basic bundle is not bad in terms of pricing, VIPs get kinda fucked over but it's not really that much money in the greater scheme of things.  We'll have to wait and see how Ravenloft content plays, if it's good, if there nice items to farm, then it will probably bring some people back...

This.  Most of the bleating and tears is over the pricing of the Ultimate and Collectors versions.  The base content, at $39.99 now or 2495 DDO points in store in March, 2018 is not getting a lot of negative feedback.  And it shouldn't.  The pricing is in line with MoTU, Shadowfell, and offerings from other providers.  For 12 quests, an adventure area, a Raid (maybe 2), a saga, and Sentient weapons it isn't poorly priced, unless you just generally don't like the game or quest design.  But then, if you don't like the game or quest design, I'm not sure price is the issue anyways.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #60 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Triple point sale? Pfft.. when is the last time they had one? Years ago?

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #61 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Oh and if you dont play the expansion the first few days... good luck on getting named items to drop for ya after that.. when its first out..like always.. youll get something in every chest
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:46pm by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:06pm:
Triple point sale? Pfft.. when is the last time they had one? Years ago?

3 years I think... right before Christmas

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #63 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
This. Most of the bleating and tears is over the pricing of the Ultimate and Collectors versions. 

First of all, you should at least have the courtesy of wiping the jizz crust from your mouth before speaking. FUCK YOU ASH.

Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
For 12 quests, an adventure area, a Raid (maybe 2), a saga, and Sentient weapons it isn't poorly priced, unless you just generally don't like the game or quest design.  But then, if you don't like the game or quest design, I'm not sure price is the issue anyways.

So it's presenting the bukakke cup and being told to drink up, eh? Go shill somewhere else like back on the MoBo, take your DDO council badge, all your sock accounts and that that waste of carbon Shoemaker with you.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:29pm by Novalis »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #64 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:27pm:
First of all, you should at least have the courtesy of wiping the jizz crust from your mouth before speaking. FUCK YOU ASH.

So it's presenting the bukakke cup and being told to drink up, eh? Go shill somewhere else like back on the forums take your DDO council badge, all your sock accounts and that that waste of carbon Shoemaker with you.

Strake should be give you the title "Brokeback Mountain"  for all the times you tearfully cry in front of you keyboard "I just can't quit you, DDO".  While waiting for the game to update. 

MoTU, Shadowfell, and Ravenloft base packs are all comparably priced.  $29.99 - $39.99.  If you are bitching about $39.99 or 2495 DDO points in March for 12 quests, 1 or 2 raids, an adventure area, a saga, and sentient weapons then I don't know what to tell you.  It's the same price point they've used for the last 5 years.  Games cost money to develop.  If you don't enjoy the content or gameplay enough to sink $30-$40 on a game then play something else or just keep running the same old content and wait for the 2495 DDO points or wait for the 50% sale next year on black friday. 

I totally understand people having an issue with the Collectors and Ultimate add-ons and price point.  Those are a lot more money and the value is more subjective.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #65 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
So... you have to wait til march to buy the new race with points? If so... Thats cold as fuck.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #66 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:38pm:
Strake should be give you the title "Brokeback Mountain"  for all the times you tearfully cry in front of you keyboard "I just can't quit you, DDO".  While waiting for the game to update. 

MoTU, Shadowfell, and Ravenloft base packs are all comparably priced.  $29.99 - $39.99.  If you are bitching about $39.99 or 2495 DDO points in March for 12 quests, 1 or 2 raids, an adventure area, a saga, and sentient weapons then I don't know what to tell you.  It's the same price point they've used for the last 5 years.  Games cost money to develop.  If you don't enjoy the content or gameplay enough to sink $30-$40 on a game then play something else or just keep running the same old content and wait for the 2495 DDO points or wait for the 50% sale next year on black friday. 

I totally understand people having an issue with the Collectors and Ultimate add-ons and price point.  Those are a lot more money and the value is more subjective. 

I think the problem most of us have is the fact they're charging the same prices they did for Mordor's launch over on Lotro. While giving us less than a fourth of the shit inside said packs. Lotro you got leveling supplies, a free max level boost, shit for endgame jumpstarting yourself, etc.

It was more than a few 'meh' costumes that further clog already stretched thin inventory/bank space. An one use weapon cosmetic, not even giving us two per character since duel wielding is a thing. A seemingly single point racial AP tome that doesn't become available til december or january. A new race that's free for VIP but included in the combos because fuck you.

A new iconic that no one asked for and was originally a part of the main race, unless you want to deny that was a really really shitty move. Because I for one find it stupid that they'd shift a core 5e type of aasimar (since they took most of their inspiration from that crap pile) and made it an iconic. Especially since it seemed like they ignored all PC feedback on the subject. Instead of any sort of monster hunter, vampire, even an actual vistani iconic, we get some shitty ranger aasimar with an extreme pay2win melee racial line and the worst racial ability ever in the allahu-ackbar of holy energy.

An enhancement tree that everyone will get access to once they own Ravenloft, but you can access it now with all of it's buggy ass splendor as I doubt they fixed every error between last week and release today.

What else am I missing? I guess the shared storage and 60 days gametime? Again that's scraping the ass end of the barrel to pad the bundle. None of it is particularly useful ingame shit. It's just, "Here we had a few of these coupons laying around the office." kind of packaging.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #67 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 9:47pm:
A new race that's free for VIP but included in the combos because fuck you.

Is it free for vip atm? Or you talking dec 5? Or march? Or ever?

Is the iconic out right now?

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #68 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 11:24pm:
Is it free for vip atm? Or you talking dec 5? Or march? Or ever?

That's the fucking problem isn't it? The god damn wording is so fucking vague and stupid you can't figure shit without logging in.

I assume they are live and available to preorder'd now. I also assume aasimar is working for VIP right now since ShoeMaker updated the wiki to remove their lamania tags.

I honestly can't be arsed to log in and check. I'm waiting for next week when they drop otto's boxes to log in, so I can actually pick up a couple and knock out a few more racial PLs the lazy way.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #69 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Is it free for vip atm?

Yes.

Yes.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #70 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
ShoeMaker wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 2:41pm:

You know that you're posting this link on the third page of a thread about the very topic in your link.

So it's just plain attention seeking.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #71 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  

Flav wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 12:39pm:
You know that you're posting this link on the third page of a thread about the very topic in your link.

See my reply here.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #72 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Ya im pretty sure shoe didnt need to come here and show a link to xpack when there was one days earlier and people have been talking about it.. oh and not just in one thread... Thats pretty dumb

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #73 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 7:26pm
Print Post  

The only proper response to this.

https://youtu.be/YSWu9zUalqk?t=29

Pass this onto Cordovan who has convinced you he's claimed you as his waifu.

IP Logged

MookieBlaylock10
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:51pm
Print Post  

So was that part of your free one you got for sucking dick? You have to spam the vault?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint