Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Update 36 patch 4 (Read 2875 times)
Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Update 36 patch 4
Oct 25th, 2017 at 9:29am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/en/update-36-patch-4-release-notes
After "fixing" previous bugs just to create new bugs! Typical turdbine/ SSG

IP Logged

rockz
Korthos Resident

Re: Update 36 patch 4
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Update 36 Patch 4 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 36 Patch 4, released on Wednesday, October 25th.

News and Notes:

Classes

The Cleric War Domain now properly grants proficiency with Exotic Weapons.
Fixed an issue where Cleric War Domain was improperly displaying a non-proficient icon with Martial Weapons.
Enhancements

Divine Presence and Divine Will now have their proper durations.
Epic Destinies

Primal Avatar's Balanced Attacks now work properly when dual-wielding daggers with Vistani Knife Fighting.
Events

Night Revels
Some ingredients now longer incorrectly state that they expire at the end of 2016.
Resurrection Chamber
Rewards have been adjusted so the challenge now grants all Night Revels ingredients upon completion.
Named monsters that grant a star will no longer spawn before their objectives appear.
A Rest Shrine has been added at the bottom of the long descent.
Improved the waypoint teleportation to enter a room with a Giant Skeleton fight.
The second chest in the final room has been lowered to be more easily reachable.
Quests and Adventure Areas

Reapers will no longer spawn in the Gianthold Tor optional dragon and giant boss fights.
We have corrected an issue where certain abilities were leaving detection objects in an instance and not decaying properly. These abilities include Colors of the Queen, Rainbow, Double Rainbow, Insidious Spores, Autumn Harvest, Judgement, Judge the Many, Every Light Casts a Shadow, and Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light.
Races

Aasimar
Scourge of the Undead's Ghost Touch now works properly.
Scourge of the Undead's Destroyer of the Dead now passively grants +4 Melee and Ranged Power in addition to its other bonuses.
Greater Scourge Weapons now passively grant +2 Melee and Ranged Power in addition to existing bonuses.
The light damage from Aasimar Scourge of the Undead's Divine Purpose now scales with the higher of your Melee or Ranged Power.
Aasimar's Racial Enhancement tree now displays its proper icon.
Fixed an issue with axe animations on the Aasimar.
Fixed the fourth attack animation on the greatsword.
Corrected an animation issue with female Aasimar while running backwards and firing a crossbow.
Corrected an animation issue while running unarmed and in a combat animation.
Fixed a texture issue with female Aasimar lips.
Corrected an animation issue with female halfling monks.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
And servers are still down.

"Internal error, please contact customer support" client message is obtuse.  Apparently it's too fucking difficult to display an informative error message.  No company in their right mind creates a situation to increase the number of customer support interactions.  It's also completely asinine that maintenance prevents patching of the DDO client until the servers are back up.  Also, I love how they do maintenance that's convenient for their staff instead of starting it at like 4am EST.  It's quite clear they forgot who the customer is.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2017 at 3:34pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
So obviously their fix fucked something up, I know, massive shocker right ....... 4pm EST now because 'added maintenance issue', fucking monkeys  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Oct 25th, 2017 at 3:30pm:
So obviously their fix fucked something up, I know, massive shocker right ....... 4pm EST now because 'added maintenance issue', fucking monkeys  Roll Eyes

Now replace "doubling your efforts" with "using half the resources".

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Ya i was wondering why the cc mabar onky gave out a lil more apples even tho it was long af compared to the others that only had 1 mat.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
I was really liking the walking backwards with an xbow thing on the assimar..
They should be spelled assimar. Way cooler..

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #7 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Sucks to your assimar.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Oh.. im fine with what hrs they are working on it.. 4am est? Nope.. they shouldnt have to go be at work at 4am cause some niggas "gotta grind".. yall wanna go to work 4hrs early? Fuck no.. unless you like meth.. but then again if you like meth you prolly wont be having a job..

And people forget.. there are people playing all different hrs.. and on top of that.. lots of people who do play, dont live on the east coast of usa..(really?? Thought it was only me.) its wierd.. ive actually ran into other people from different timezones and they live on places they called different "continents"..(whatever those are?)

I was like what??? You dont live in the us? So i assumed they were mexican or canadian..then they told me i was wrong.. But ya.. they live in wierd places they named off..like europe (which state is that in? Vermont?).. australia? (Is that part of Florida or some shit?).. asia? (Isnt that just a type of food?).. Africa? ( How do starving niggas have internet or computers? Ya right..) so ya they need to make that shit more "merica" times.. get yo ass up at midnight and get yo ass to work nigga.. I gotsta get muh reaper xp..    Angry
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2017 at 5:54pm by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Oct 25th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
Also, I love how they do maintenance that's convenient for their staff instead of starting it at like 4am EST.  It's quite clear they forgot who the customer is.

Most games do it early hours EST. WoW does 3am or 5am and 7am or 11am PST/PDT every Tuesday. PoE does early EST. Hearthstone early morning EST. MTGO is the same. I think WoW used to do live maintenance that would cut down the work they would have to do during updates.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 25th, 2017 at 6:23pm:
Most games do it early hours EST. WoW does 3am or 5am and 7am or 11am PST/PDT every Tuesday. PoE does early EST. Hearthstone early morning EST. MTGO is the same. I think WoW used to do live maintenance that would cut down the work they would have to do during updates.

Most game studios at least pretend to give a fuck about their customers satisfaction, too.  This is SSG we're talking about though.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:02pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Oct 25th, 2017 at 5:50pm:
Oh.. im fine with what hrs they are working on it.. 4am est? Nope.. they shouldnt have to go be at work at 4am cause some niggas "gotta grind".. yall wanna go to work 4hrs early? Fuck no.. unless you like meth..

SSG runs an online business that never closes.  At a minimum they have staff on call 24/7/365, if not on site.  People that work second or third shift get paid a differential.  In other words, they get paid to be there at the ass crack of dawn.

I run enterprise IT.  If I did non-emergency maintenance during normal business hours, it would be a resume generating event.

Also, it looks like Orien and Argo crashed. +1 for this patch quality, amirite?
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:06pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
got home, logged in. ready to go.
then Orien took a shit.  now I get a turn to wait for server to return :/

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Well only 2 servers down? Not bad.. Cheesy

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #14 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 25th, 2017 at 6:23pm:

Maintenance should never be done during peek hours.  Anyone with a fucking clue knows that.  You lose far less money paying people to work at night than you do with the revenue lost having it cut into your peek hours when customers are most active.

You don't close a factory to clean the floors, you don't close a store to clean the bathrooms and you don't close a business to upgrade the software...unless you're Turbine.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 4:03am:
You don't close a factory to clean the floors, you don't close a store to clean the bathrooms and you don't close a business to upgrade the software...unless you're Turbine.

Yep, that is why games like guild wars 2, wildstar, and few others that I am not aware of have live maintenance.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint