Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ravenloft Expansion Preview #1 (Next Week, maybe) (Read 4451 times)
NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Ravenloft Expansion Preview #1 (Next Week, maybe)
Nov 1st, 2017 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Hello, all!

Our current schedule has the first preview of the upcoming expansion pack going live on Lamannia at some point next week (hopefully by Wednesday). We will give out more exact schedule information when we get closer to the event and have a more clear picture of when it will be going live but wanted to get the word out now that mid next week will be your first chance to preview the expansion. This will be the first of at least two preview passes for the expansion. The first pass is expected to contain the following features:

The Land of Barovia Wilderness Area
All 3 public spaces.
9 Dungeons
The bulk of the non-raid named items (but not all!)
The Racial AP Tome

For the sake of clarity, the first preview pass is NOT expected to include the following features:

Any Raids.
The remaining 3 Dungeons
Sentient Weapons
Favor Rewards
Raid Loot
Landscape specific loot
Teleport to Barovia Item

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/491169-Ravenloft-Expansion-Preview-1#p...

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Re: Ravenloft Expansion Preview #1 (Next Week, maybe)
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Sooo... there is no point in me checking it out.. plus it wont let me copy my main toon to lama because hes a leader of a guild.. fucking dumb af

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 5:22pm:
For the sake of clarity, the first preview pass is NOT expected to include the following features:

Translation - the shit we fucked up and haven't figured out how to fix yet.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  

On the livestream today, Jerry compared sentient weapons to the ED feature of MOTU.  I cackled.  EDs are game defining/changing.  I'm betting sentient weapons aren't much more than recycled weapon art with a sparkly particle effect (because vampires) that causes hitching due to unintended consequences ala Colors of the Queen/Double Rainbow.  The sound bytes attached to the sockets you can add to the weapon won't matter, because people turned off sound years ago thanks to so-lame-it's-laughable "heeeelp meeeeee" voiceovers.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
No Teleport to Barovia Item? Pffft.. how am i goong to see if its worth dropping down that $129?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
The first pass is expected to contain the following features:

Will it contain a feature that allows my Lamannia launcher to launch Lamannia? That would be a significant feature, from my perspective.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Powecreep?

Eh am not reinstalling.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 6:10pm:
Sooo... there is no point in me checking it out.. plus it wont let me copy my main toon to lama because hes a leader of a guild.. fucking dumb af

1) Pass lead to your alt.
2) Copy character.
3) Pass lead back.

OR

1) Whine on DDO Vault while being fucking dumb af.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 7:50pm:
On the livestream today, Jerry compared sentient weapons to the ED feature of MOTU.  I cackled.  EDs are game defining/changing.  I'm betting sentient weapons aren't much more than recycled weapon art with a sparkly particle effect (because vampires) that causes hitching due to unintended consequences ala Colors of the Queen/Double Rainbow.  The sound bytes attached to the sockets you can add to the weapon won't matter, because people turned off sound years ago thanks to so-lame-it's-laughable "heeeelp meeeeee" voiceovers.

They have no winnable outcome with this. Their staff has all claimed that this will be an answer to the complaints that there isn't anything to do at cap. The problem with this is multifaceted: the reason people are tring is because reaper xp and racial pls have too much value -> the only way to stop this is to either nuke their usefulness or to introduce an equally compelling (READ AS POWERCREEP) reason to stay at cap AND it needs to be a comparable grind, they've tied it to sentient weapons rather than a new unique item slot, which means that either the weapons will be BiS for a LONG TIME or they've failed and both of these are undesirable outcomes, and lastly if the items bring mentioned powercreep to the table then pretty much all content before ravenloft is nerfed to the point of stupidity.

Honestly its sad to see this happen to a game I've invested so much into, but I can't say it isn't deserved. The staff have a total IQ less than a rock. Every single change they've made since breaking out on their own has been less informed than the last. Turbine didn't set a high bar but SSG managed to fail to even meet that.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Lamania is a dead subject for me.. My main has never been able to copy over.. all my other can.. but my main cant. Copied it once, but forgot to transfer the stuff i wanted to have with me so i deleted and then tried to recopy.. its been borked ever since.. ah well

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 8:01am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 5:13am:
1) Pass lead to your alt.
2) Copy character.
3) Pass lead back.

OR

1) Whine on DDO Vault while being fucking dumb af.
2b) Be a white knight forum paladin and remind people of workarounds for the beloved ssg's broken shit..

I see you chose 2b.. as in 2b sucking ssg's cock

There are numerous work arounds for some of the broken shit there... And that doesnt mean I cant use these work arounds..

But .. you are trying to imply that I have no right to complain of broken shit?? Lol.. This is the vault.. this isnt the place to praise ssg for broken shit and tell them that its ok that the shit is broken because there are work arounds..

I shouldnt have to pass lead and all that shit to copy a toon.. I shouldnt have to look at the who list before lfms pop up.. i shouldnt have to turn my volume to mute picking up von 5... i shouldnt have to re-climb ladders over and over... i shouldnt have to worry about losing shit in my tr cache... i shouldnt have to regroup after leveling a few times to allow new people to the group to enter the quest...( i could keep going but maybe you get the point..)

But unfortunately I do have to deal with the things i mentioned because there are people like you making excuses for them.. And how its all good because people like yourself mention that there are workarounds for the broken shit available instead of trying to encourage them to fix the error.

Im glad that you cant find anything wrong with the game. But id like to ask this... If you want to make excuses for them.. Just do that... You dont have to try to talk shit to me while doing so..

Im assuming you were one of the people on the main forums arguing how much value the $139 expansion is as well.. keep up the good work.. maybe someday youll get that vip for life like your idol..

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:03am
Print Post  
I expect nothing less than quests that have packs of undead abishai at every hallway intersection.

They really need to hit a home run here. The content quality over the last 2+ years has been complete shit.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 7:50pm:
Jerry compared sentient weapons to the ED feature of MOTU.

He probably just meant that they will have enhancement-style trees.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 11:30am:
He probably just meant that they will have enhancement-style trees.

Makes sense, better then a new shit craft systyem.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to the new content.  I'm not sure why people are complaining about "power creep".  Like they are going to release an expansion with no tangible character progression. 

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #15 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
The fact you think character progression means power creep is telling.

There are lots of other ways to develop grind and entertainment that are not +1 multi, some melee power, and racial AP. That shit sucked the soul out of this game, and I am reasonably confidant that Sentient Weapons will continue the grind crusade of Reaper Points, stat inflation, and past lives without adding much in the way of Role Playing, Flashy and Funky abilities, Build Diversity, and a sense of exploration.

Mediocre story. No new combat mechanics. 1 or 2 new enemies. And the a bunch of stuff for "character progression."

Turbine is POWEr ED by HAmsterssss.

Grind dat weel

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Did I say that character progression tastes like chalk since Sev took the hamster cage over? Huzzah

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:56pm:
There are lots of other ways to develop grind and entertainment that are not +1 multi, some melee power, and racial AP. That shit sucked the soul out of this game

Sometimes you reap what you sow...

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:58pm:
Did I say that character progression tastes like chalk since Sev took the hamster cage over? Huzzah

If it tastes like chalk, maybe you should clap the erasers first before blowing teacher?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 6:11am:
Every single change they've made since breaking out on their own has been less informed than the last. Turbine didn't set a high bar but SSG managed to fail to even meet that.

It's asymmetric: SSG fails in new yet iconically Turbine ways, while at the same time, has achieved some things Turbine never could. Like correcting their spelling. SSG also shows occasional transparency (on purpose!) Yes, the stupid shit is even more depressing, because it means SSG can't or won't do things that involve ... storytelling, strategy ... anything that creates actual challenge rather than "do that same thing again, this time with extra bloat". No, your criticism is inaccurate. But yeah, the feeling is pretty much the same. Doesn't feel like a break out at all. More like we switched cell mates ... and we're still the prison-wife.

somenewnoob wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:03am:
I expect nothing less than quests that have packs of undead abishai at every hallway intersection.

Intersection!? Dayum, you have high expectations....

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
yeah power creep will always exist but the idea is to minimize it and use judiciously for balanace purposes. New content should be new combat systems, new game features, new feats, etc. The idea is to change the way the game is played incrementally by opening up new options that retain the original spirit of the game play people are familiar with.

The beautiful way to do this is like PoE, where you literally make items that are freely tradable that in combinations literally make entirely new builds possible. For DDO, it should be some combination of that plus new content. Some of that content should require that new stuff or build, but not nesc. in a power creep way, more beneficially in a mechanic way.

Also, because DDO, new content challenges should be puzzles, coordination, and party driven, not power creep driven.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2017 at 5:23pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 5:22pm:
yeah power creep will always exist but the idea is to minimize it and use judiciously for balanace purposes. New content should be new combat systems, new game features, new feats, etc. The idea is to change the way the game is played incrementally by opening up new options that retain the original spirit of the game play people are familiar with.

The beautiful way to do this is like PoE, where you literally make items that are freely tradable that in combinations literally make entirely new builds possible. For DDO, it should be some combination of that plus new content. Some of that content should require that new stuff or build, but not nesc. in a power creep way, more beneficially in a mechanic way.

Also, because DDO, new content challenges should be puzzles, coordination, and party driven, not power creep driven.

Seriously you expect turdbin do something like that?

They are going to sell racial tomes and reaper otto boxes and fuck off the players.

I'm surprised they are not selling pl's in the store yet.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
I agree about the content and the progression.  I’d rather see more content with traps or puzzles or unique objectives.   Ones that require more abilities than you can fit on a single build.   And I’m fine with content that requires unique gear.  Like when ToD required grounding boots.   Or when shroud required you to link your dr breakers.   Or delerasrequires a good weapon.   Or SoS highly recommended bludgeoning weapons.  Or etk made evasion near mandatory or shitbtons of fire resist. Or any of the content where a plis was basically mandatory.

Making content that is tough unless you are prepared for it is great.   And the progression makes that content easier without necessarily universally making all content easier.   Or content that challenges players in ways that make grouping extremely advantageous and possibly manadory on higher difficulties.  But I’d settle for just very advantageous.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 10:38pm:
Will it contain a feature that allows my Lamannia launcher to launch Lamannia? That would be a significant feature, from my perspective.

Since it won't include a character copy tool that does not require to start the official launcher ( the one that usually fails to launch ), I'm gonna pass... once more.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 7:57am
Print Post  
They had their chance with Reaper to create a compelling reason to stay at cap for a bit.  All they had to do was make it something you could only do at level cap but the bonuses you unlocked could be used at any level starting from level 1.

Then people already with triple triple completionist have a reason to actually log in and do content while the people on the TR train might stay at cap for a few days before TR'ing just to bang out a few RXP levels.

You make it more compelling and as much about power creep as  it is about QoL.  That is to say a tier2 SLA in the caster tree might be 2 charges of dimenion door /rest.  Who wouldn't want to bang out 7 RXP levels the first time they hit cap for that?  A T4 in the ranged/melee tree that makes you proficient will all weapons.  A T3 in the tanking tree that removes the armor penalty to skill checks.  Things like that alongside the more boring +1 prr/usp/etc...

It was so painfully obvious that this was all they really had to do.  Instead they turned reaper into a glorified 50% exp boost.

How do you fuck up something that badly?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint