Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Stupid TR Questions (Read 2816 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Stupid TR Questions
Nov 21st, 2017 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Haven't ran epic in years, so I need a little refresher course here (plus various other questions).

+20 Heart of woods

Are these not normally in the store?  The sale makes it sound limited, but I don't think it's a very good deal.  If they're offered year round, I'll wait for a better sale.  If not, I have a toon I want to switch classes on and will be forced to grab it now.

Epic XP penalty

Will probably be hitting level 20 over and over a few times.  What's the highest level I can run with without an XP penalty?  Is it safe to jump in a level 30 quest with level 30 toons, or is it going to kill my xp?  I never grouped in epics before (always soloed the quests), so I'm not really sure how the system worked before or if it's changed since.

TR Order

On a level 30 toon, can I +20 lesser into a different class, then ER for the bonus then just TR to reset everything and start over at the beginning?

Dailies

Tavern Brawl is great to hit for the heart seeds, but what other quests should I be hitting for quick farming?  Both heart seeds and tokens.  My backstock is running low and I'm going to need to start stocking up again.  And don't say DA.  I fucking hate DA.  Only way I'll run that is with an auralock on auto while I'm looking at boobs Tongue

Thanks.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Stupid TR Questions
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 4:34am:
Are these not normally in the store?

No. Get it now.

What's the highest level I can run with without an XP penalty?

Overlevel penalties do not apply to epic quests. That includes 18s on elite and 19s on hard+. IIRC the powerleveling penalty still applies to 18s and 19s though. Also you can't enter those on reaper at all. Other than that all quest and character levels between 20 and 30 are fair game.

On a level 30 toon, can I +20 lesser into a different class, then ER for the bonus then just TR to reset everything and start over at the beginning?

Yes, those should all have separate timers.

what other quests should I be hitting for quick farming?

Cannith challenges are best for pure tokens solo (specifically 5 minute runs of Time is Money or Buying Time). To get tokens faster you need to group, just join people on their zerg dailies and mention that you are looking for tokens if they don't need them. A lot of people have more than they will ever use and will pass them, but can't be bothered to offer them up every time.

Spies
Mirror
OoB
Wizking
ADQ
Mask
IDemands
UGraves
DDtW
Rusted Blades
Death Undone
BoB
VoN2
VoN3
VoN4
TbFire
Maze
Feast
Cabal
Tor
Vol
2TT
LoD
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2017 at 10:05am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 4:55am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 10:00am:
Cannith challenges are best for pure tokens solo

Forgot about that.  Pretty sure I've got at least 2 or 3 lives worth of tokens in that rainy day fund, plus the epic XP is actually pretty good - so I can run my lock through a few for XP and ings.

+1 for the rest too.  Thanks.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Haven't ran epic in years, so I need a little refresher course here (plus various other questions).

+20 Heart of woods

Are these not normally in the store?  The sale makes it sound limited, but I don't think it's a very good deal.  If they're offered year round, I'll wait for a better sale.  If not, I have a toon I want to switch classes on and will be forced to grab it now.

Pretty sure +20s are like Otto's boxes and not normally available in the store.

In my opinion though, for the cost, they're a trap.  Maybe for 35% off, they're okay but I still think there are better things to spend those points on.  +7 Supreme Tomes, etc., classes, adv packs, etc.

Why not just TR and pick up the heroic or racial PL to make your toon a little stronger?  It's not hard to go from 1 to 20 these days, regardless of what build you're running.  Worst case scenario if you're on a build that's backloaded and doesn't get good until epics, just semi-pike groups with people running low skull reapers while zerging PLs.  That extra 25% reaper xp bonus speeds things up a good bit.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 2:50pm:
Why not just TR and pick up the heroic or racial PL to make your toon a little stronger?

4th life of the same class (long story).  I'd get an additional PL feat with a +20 heart of wood vs. free jack shit by TRing as is.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 3:20pm:
4th life of the same class (long story).  I'd get an additional PL feat with a +20 heart of wood vs. free jack shit by TRing as is.

do the racial? it's not much at all for 1st racial tho. skill points are largely lackluster

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 3:20pm:

What Rubbins said. 

Take the racial PL instead of the heroic, which is why I said "pick up the heroic or racial PL" in my previous statement.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:17pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:10pm:
What Rubbins said.

Take the racial PL instead of the heroic, which is why I said "pick up the heroic or racial PL" in my previous statement.

I can LR a barb into a warlock for quick ER lives which will help a melee (and running those quests will provide what I need to get the hearts I need or ER lives) or I can start running racial past lives which (and I could be wrong) really won't help a melee much at all.

Which are better?  Epic past lives or racial?  And which are quicker?  I actually have no idea what the xp needed is for racial.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 24th, 2017 at 6:30am:
I can LR a barb into a warlock for quick ER lives which will help a melee (and running those quests will provide what I need to get the hearts I need or ER lives) or I can start running racial past lives which (and I could be wrong) really won't help a melee much at all.

Which are better?  Epic past lives or racial?  And which are quicker?  I actually have no idea what the xp needed is for racial.

Which are better really depends on the exact builds you're considering.  Overall, I'd say the epic PLs are a bit better all around then the heroic ones.  The real prize from heroics and the racials are the +stat bonuses and the completionist feats.

For example, on a shuricannon, Dex is an extremely high priority, if not the highest, so the +dex racial PLs and the racial completionist have a lot of value.  For a melee?  Seems like the +str or +dex and the +con racial PLs would be useful.

I think someone else on here mentioned that one of the more optimal ways to farm PLs is to level to 30, epic TR, level to 30, epic TR, heroic/racial TR.  If memory serves, the reason it is optimal is that you can use slayers and saga xp turn ins on one of the epic TRs to speed things up.

I'd also point out that just chain eTRing with a warlock and running the same, small set of quests over and over gets tedious pretty quickly.  Mixing heroic and racial TRs in with the epics at least adds some variety to the quest list.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2017 at 11:42am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 24th, 2017 at 11:39am:
I'd also point out that just chain eTRing [...] and running the same, small set of quests over and over gets tedious pretty quickly.  Mixing heroic and racial TRs in with the epics at least adds some variety to the quest list.

Very much this.  Grinding out ETRs on the same life is a great way to burn out.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #10 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
Very much this.  Grinding out ETRs on the same life is a great way to burn out.

It doesn't exactly fly by, does it?  I kind of love/hate epics.  Love the gear and the power, but the levels are taking longer than expected (even with the epic tome).  And that's not even getting into the destinies thing, which is my least favorite grind in the game (that's what really burned me out in the game 3 years ago, spending weeks trying to fill completely pointless spheres that do fuck all for your build, gimping you so bad you pretty much have to do slayer because you know you won't last in any setting past norm).

Ended up getting the +20 heart though.  It'll basically do the same thing for this toon as an Otto's box, but at half the cost.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint