Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U37 Mists of Ravenloft Expansion latest news (Read 2384 times)
FlameDragon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

U37 Mists of Ravenloft Expansion latest news
Nov 29th, 2017 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Cordovan: We wanted to let people know that the second raid in the Mists of Ravenloft will not be releasing at the same time as the rest of the expansion, but will instead be released a short time later. We want to do a bit more polish on the second raid, but didn't want to hold up the rest of the expansion to get it done. Thanks! We expect the second raid to be available within a few weeks, but will have more specific information when it is available.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Re: U37 Mists of Ravenloft Expansion latest news
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
where did you hear/read this?
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:15pm by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

kinggartk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:15pm:
where did you hear/read this?

Cordovan mentioned it during the weekly wednesday live stream.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
kinggartk wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:35pm:
Cordovan mentioned it during the weekly wednesday live stream.

Indeed.

He also wrote it here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/491578-Ravenloft-Expansion-Preview-2-C...

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:03am
Print Post  
there's probably a few loopholes that could be exploited in that second raid and they want to fix them before we can (ab)use it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Awesome expansion pack... wonder how many quests will be turned off the 2nd day or so... cant wait..

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:03am:
there's probably a few loopholes that could be exploited in that second raid and they want to fix them before we can (ab)use it.

Yeah...you have to have at least a basic understanding of how the game works to be able to exploit it, so I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

It's far more likely that it's so buggy and broken that even the devs realize it's not performing well enough to go live.  Let that sink in for a minute, just how badly it would have to be fucked up for them to realize that considering some of the broken shit they've released in the past (some of which are still yet to be fixed years and/or decades later).

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 2:08am:
It's far more likely that it's so buggy and broken that even the devs realize it's not performing well enough to go live.  Let that sink in for a minute, just how badly it would have to be fucked up for them to realize that considering some of the broken shit they've released in the past (some of which are still yet to be fixed years and/or decades later).

The dev responsible for the second raid is dealing with family issues.  The dev.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 9:27am
Print Post  
FlameDragon wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 9:52pm:
Cordovan: We wanted to let people know that the second raid in the Mists of Ravenloft will not be releasing at the same time as the rest of the expansion, but will instead be released a short time later. We want to do a bit more polish on the second raid, but didn't want to hold up the rest of the expansion to get it done. Thanks! We expect the second raid to be available within a few weeks, but will have more specific information when it is available.

Honestly, as one of the chumps who bought the Whale Package, I'd rather see this than completely busted and unplayable shit like the first day of Dragonborn and those excruciating Simon puzzles.

As a matter of fact, I'd have been OK with the pre-order if Ravenloft didn't ship until 2018... But then they miss the Chrsitmas rush so that's a non-starter.

Either way, I've been seeing more new players bumping around on a few servers, which I'm taking as a net positive.

Hopefully a few stick it out past the Honeymoon period and rise above the bugs, ridiculous learning curve, and preposterous grind (HarHar).

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #9 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 8:35am:
The dev.

Just when I think this company can't do anything more to surprise me.  This leaves me almost speechless.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
How long was it after MotU that CitW got fixed? Months?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #11 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:22pm:
How long was it after MotU that CitW got fixed? Months?

If memory serves me correct, it took string table error .

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #12 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 2:08am:
Yeah...you have to have at least a basic understanding of how the game works to be able to exploit it, so I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Keep in mind that they consider the lagfest known as Defiler of the Just to be an acceptable level of working.

SSG = Kings of "Fuck it, it's close enough".
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:28pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
After seeing all the half finished bug riddled shit they've shot out of their digital rectums.......I find it hard to believe there is any level of "not ready" for them.

It's probably more along the lines of "We haven't even started it".

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint