Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Double Strike and Other Questions (Read 27465 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Double Strike and Other Questions
Jan 6th, 2018 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Maybe I misunderstood it (or possibly it changed during one of my breaks from the game early on) but I believe that back in the day double strike gear only worked on giving you the bonus if you'd taken certain feats or enhancements.

But it's not that way anymore, right?  If a weapon or gear says it gives you a bonus percent to double strike, you get it no matter what feats or enhancements you have, right?

And which gives more of a boost to DPS?  8% increase to double strike or an 11% increase to Melee Alacrity?

I'm trying to tighten up my gear and I can fit either double strike or Melee Alacrity in, but (as of yet) I don't think I can get them both in without taking a sizable loss to my defenses.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2018 at 4:38pm by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: Double Strike and Other Questions
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Before I forget again, is there a way to boost vorpal attacks?  Are they more efficient with combat mastery boosts or something that increases their DC?

Just asking because I've seen a handful of players just killing it with vorpals in higher heroics and into epics.  With the heroics they might have been using improved vorpal, but the mobs weren't over 1000 hps, so I can't imagine it had anything to do with it.  I swear I've seen just a few players who pretty much score vorp kills on damn near everything they touch.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 3:52pm:
But it's not that way anymore, right?  If a weapon or gear says it gives you a bonus percent to double strike, you get it no matter what feats or enhancements you have, right?

Some of them have type bonuses so some of them don't stack. Maybe that's what you're thinking.

Skoodge wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 3:52pm:
And which gives more of a boost to DPS?  8% increase to double strike or an 11% increase to Melee Alacrity?

Alacrity.

Skoodge wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 4:43pm:
Before I forget again, is there a way to boost vorpal attacks?  Are they more efficient with combat mastery boosts or something that increases their DC?

There are a couple effects that let you vorp on 19, but they shouldn't be in play at low level. Otherwise it's just accuracy and seeker to make sure you confirm those nat 20s.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
Otherwise it's just accuracy and seeker to make sure you confirm those nat 20s.

Must be accuracy then because I always have the highest possible seeker (including insightful) on all my melee gear.

Is accuracy really that important?  My way of thinking was "who misses?"  I mean, I hardly ever see misses, even at low levels.  I put in seeker because I'm after the crits, but do I need to be working accuracy in there somewhere too?

Most of that comes from my googles, I use deadly with insight seeker.  I wouldn't think accuracy helped more than deadly, but I can probably find some place to cram it in my gear without losing too much defense.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Accuracy is surprisingly important.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:32pm:
Must be accuracy then because I always have the highest possible seeker (including insightful) on all my melee gear.

Is accuracy really that important?  My way of thinking was "who misses?"  I mean, I hardly ever see misses, even at low levels.  I put in seeker because I'm after the crits, but do I need to be working accuracy in there somewhere too?

Most of that comes from my googles, I use deadly with insight seeker.  I wouldn't think accuracy helped more than deadly, but I can probably find some place to cram it in my gear without losing too much defense.

You technically can miss only on your ones, yet grazing hits causes a huge dps loss. To hit is absolutely musthave stat in any new content, especially ravenloft. Only starting from ~130 you can hit mobs there on 2-3 rolls.

There no many choices how to slot it: only cannith crafting or leg ring of prowess. Ring already has deadly and enh mp/rp, and deadly itself usually very easy stat to slot: found on many gear parts.

And if the choice between extra 5-10 deadly or 28 accuracy... Well 10 deadly is like +3-5% dps, and +28 acc meaning you start to do damage on 3-20 instead of 5-20. With 17-20 x 3 19-20 x5 crit profile its +7% dps, with good amount of sneak damage up to 10% cause sneaks not scaling with crits.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Oh just realized you are talking about heroics. On heroics you may use haste potions any time you really need high dps, so any extra doublestrike is better (at 8 youll put on 10% melee alacrity slavers ring anyway). On heroics you dont really need accuracy until you are playing some wired splashes and not optimal builds (swashi with low dex&str and cha to damage, dwarf with low str and con to damage). Yet seeker is not that good also. You cant have very high multipliers, and numbers on seeker are not that great even with x4 profile. Deadly is good stat on heroics, especially for twf.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 8th, 2018 at 8:32pm:
with good amount of sneak damage up to 10% cause sneaks not scaling with crits.

Sneak attack applies to grazes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 2:57am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 10th, 2018 at 3:25pm:
Sneak attack applies to grazes.

Well I may remember it wong, not ran dps for a while, dont remember. Yet still, I'm pretty sure your dire charge qnd other tactical feats are "missing" in grazing hits. So still important and still big dps increase.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 2:57am:
So still important and still big dps increase.

True. A bit less important for an assassin or a mechanic, but still important.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint