Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U37 - Patch 2 (Read 8101 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

U37 - Patch 2
Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:50am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/en/update-37-patch-2-release-notes

Update 37 Patch 2 Release Notes

Here are the Release Notes for Update 37 Patch 2, released on Thursday, January 11th, 2018.

Classes

Eldritch Blast no longer starts and fails in public spaces, causing animation stutters.
  Warlocks no longer display their weapons while using their Eldritch Blast.
  Warlock Enlightened Spirit's Knockdown Ward no longer displays on the buff bar.
  Corrected an issue where Barbarians could get locked out of their Intimidate skill if they had certain Enhancements trained.
  Artificer Battle Engineer's Endless Fusillade is now properly considered to be an Action Boost.
  The Armor Class bonus provided in a Cleric's Protection Domain Tiers 1 and 4 now stack with equipped armor.

Combat
  A Howler's Quill attack now displays on your debuff bar.

Epic Destinies
  Exalted Angel's Astral Vibrance is now better at detecting health changes on targets close to the character.
  Legendary Dreadnought's Advancing Blows is no longer erroneously considered to be an Action Boost.

Items
  Sentient Filigree:
    Electrocution's Electric Spellpower now applies correctly.
    Armor Class Bonuses from Filigree now stack properly.
    Stealth Filigree no longer state they give +4 to Hide and Move Silently.

Tomes:
    The drop rate of tomes has been increased in Curse of Strahd, Old Baba's Hut, Defiler of the Just, and Riding the Storm Out.
    Ravenloft raids now have a higher drop rate for +8 Ability Tomes and +7 to +8 Upgrade Tomes.
    Riding the Storm Out and Defiler of the Just can now drop +7 Tomes and +6 to +7 Upgrade Tomes.

All Ravenloft Set Bonuses have had their buff bar icons updated.

Glamered items no longer count towards Set Bonus totals, and no longer trigger a Set Bonus recalculation.

The Legendary Crypt Raider Set Bonus now correctly grants 20 Melee and Ranged Power.

The Sword of Shadows and Epic Sword of Shadows are now actually Adamantine.

Legendary Greensteel Set Bonuses no longer display String Table Errors.

Ravenloft Docents now drop with their proper Enhancement bonus.

Some Armors have had their icon border color corrected.

Void, the Endless Cold now looks like it is made of ice.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Old Baba's Hut:
   Several changes have been been made to Old Baba's Hut to make the interior section to perform more reliably.
   Fixed an issue where the raid could get into a state where it can not complete if certain abilities are used to bypass a door.
   Added code to prevent a race condition that could cause some encounters to not reset correctly.
   Fixed an issue where characters could pass through all barriers. Certain barriers can no longer be bypassed.

Corrected an issue in Lines of Supply that will allow us to reopen the quest.

Vasily Ivanych is no longer invincible in certain parts of Into the Mists.

The Abbot chest in the Abbey of Sunrise now drops the same treasure table as the end chest.

Fixed various text issues in Invitation to Dinner and Oath of Vengeance.

Fixed an issue in Ravenloft and the Temple of Elemental Evil where combat music would sometimes play on top of non-combat music.

The music in the quests Missing, Sinister Storage, In the Flesh, Undermine, Eyes of Stone, Frame Work, Lost in the Swamp, and Sane Asylum now plays as originally intended.

Rescuing Bookbinder family members in Bookbinder Rescue is now optional, and failing to do so does not fail the quest.

The Bloody Crypt and Brood of Flame's optionals now display their full text.

Flagging for Litany of the Dead has been updated! When talking to Sir Rohine in order to turn Sigil Fragments in, players can now trade their copy of a completed Sigil for a new Fused Sigil. This allows
  players to use the Fused Sigil instead of the eight separate Sigil fragments to enter Litany of the Dead on subsequent lives. Fused Sigils are Bound to Character. Players currently flagged for Litany of
  the Dead will need to True Reincarnate and turn in a completed Sigil in order to get this new item.

Miscellaneous
  Fixed an issue that could cause the game launcher to crash when the game is down for an update. The launcher will now show a dialog telling you the game is down, then open the launcher so you can
  view the Newsfeed. The launcher will remain "Stuck on Installing Pre-Reqs", but it is not actually installing anything.

IP Logged

AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: U37 - Patch 2
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:50am:
Glamered items no longer count towards Set Bonus totals, and no longer trigger a Set Bonus recalculation.

Angry

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Dumbing down of the binder rescue sounds silly.  Making necro 4 flagging permanent?  Much rejoycing.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
The Abbot chest in the Abbey of Sunrise now drops the same treasure table as the end chest.

Moar named loot!

Toke wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:14am:
Dumbing down of the binder rescue sounds silly. 

Broken quest is broken. Failing by random chance is no fun. That is a flagger for the rest of the chain too.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:14am:
Dumbing down of the binder rescue sounds silly.  Making necro 4 flagging permanent?  Much rejoycing.

Bookbinder was a quest that you couldn't zerg run like a bull in a china shop in.  It's actually a shame there aren't more quests like that.  I think a better middle ground would have been only requiring saving 2 of the 4 vs. all of them.  Give a margin for error but not make it brainless.

The removal of flagging on litany makes TRing way easier.  That quest is 200k of the easist XP in the game.  Now if only we can get perma-Shadow Crypt flagging...

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Now how about permanent flagging for all raids so I never have to set foot in Let Sleeping Dust Lie ever fucking again?

Love the bookbinder change. Don't let squishy NPC die quests suck.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Reapers one shot bookbinder NPCs, so you aren't shit out of luck due to spawn RNGesus.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:41am:
  Now if only we can get perma-Shadow Crypt flagging...

If you don't have an opener by now I'm pretty sure that's on you.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:56pm:
If you don't have an opener by now I'm pretty sure that's on you.

Did I say I didn't have an opener?  Doesn't mean it's not an annoyance I'd rather avoid.  Getting the sigil completed for Litany isn't that hard either.  All those quests are great XP per min and easy as pie these days to run.  Bookbinder just means dropping to elite for one quest and having to spend an extra 60 seconds in there to make sure no one dies.   QoL stuff is never more than just minor annoyances removed.  But if something is annoying enough that everyone expects to use an exploit/workaround (like an opener) then why not just change it?
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:30pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Rescuing Bookbinder family members in Bookbinder Rescue is now optional, and failing to do so does not fail the quest.

Good. This literally caused me to skip this quest chain every life. Reaper killed it with one-shot deaths from trash champs, reapers, and damage boosted traps.

Flagging for Litany of the Dead has been updated!

When talking to Sir Rohine in order to turn Sigil Fragments in, players can now trade their copy of a completed Sigil for a new Fused Sigil. This allows players to use the Fused Sigil instead of the eight separate Sigil fragments to enter Litany of the Dead on subsequent lives. Fused Sigils are Bound to Character.

Players currently flagged for Litany of the Dead will need to True Reincarnate and turn in a completed Sigil in order to get this new item.

Praise Sweet Baby Jeebus.

This has been a long time coming. I also didn't run Litany most TRs because of the grind for sigil pieces (even if you stockpile a few lives' worth, sooner or later you have to grind more).

This makes the Level 15/17 grind simpler, because Tethyamar is a non-starter for most classes at level, and I would rather wrap myself in a shower curtain suck off a shotgun in the bath-tub, with both barrels loaded candy-cane; to be sure I didn't miss; than run Xoriat content.

Finally, a point to doing this fight, other than seeing the Abbot design.

Now, if they'd only figure out how to display the buffs/debuffs from Sealed in Amber we'd be all set on that extra chest too...

All these QoL changes make me wonder if more interns have been hired...  Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:43pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
All those quests are great XP per min and easy as pie these days to run.

Fleshmaker is a royal pain-in-the-ass to solo.

Hirelings love to die and run off to the other side of the universe for no particular reason when your trying to hit runes.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Marketing has a sense of humor (or schadenfreude):  Get 30% off Mirrors of Glamering, Bypass Timers, Cosmetic Outfits and Hat and Helmets now through January 18th.

IP Logged

AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:39pm:
Marketing has a sense of humor (or schadenfreude):  Get 30% off Mirrors of Glamering, Bypass Timers, Cosmetic Outfits and Hat and Helmets now through January 18th.

Right after they fix the cosmetic bug...  Cheesy Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #13 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Bookbinder was a quest that you couldn't zerg

It would be fine if it was just an issue of not being able to zerg.  There are plenty of quests like that.

The problem was if you went in on reaper, even R1, there was like a 20+% chance of it just going 'lol nope' and you'd fail before you had even opened any of the doors.

And I agree on the flagging thing.  I'd love to see all flagging, raid or otherwise, made a one time deal.

If it weren't for the fucking Chai's of the world we could even have account-wide flagging by now.

"But it doesn't make sense that my woodland fairy creature can do Abbot even though she hasn't done vol yet REEEEEEEEEEEE"

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:39pm:

Don't worry.  30% off bypass timers will run the new raids into the ground even more quickly.   Good luck waiting till March to buy the expansion for DDO Points.  Anyone you'd want to run with will have burned it out by then.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
I wish they made it where you only had to flag the abbot raid 1x too.. Takes a fucking hr to do all 4.. not doing that shit.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #16 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
An hour to do all 4? What are you doing when you are in there, star gazing?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #17 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:03pm:
I wish they made it where you only had to flag the abbot raid 1x too..

You know, I could probably even deal with that if I didn't have to answer all those stupid fucking questions.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #18 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:43am
Print Post  
I wish they made it where you only had to flag the abbot raid 1x too.. Takes a fucking hr to do all 4.. not doing that shit.

Wow... I forgot about that completely since I havent run abott in so long.

They really need to revisit all these old chains where there was engineered grind to extend the replay and pack life... along with adding Ravenloft style free teleporters to the wilderness zones (which I loved, and I'm a huge S/R/E fan).

But getting the Sigil of Dal Quor v2.0 is a good start.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #19 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Now if only we can get perma-Shadow Crypt flagging...

You can tho.. Alt account, with Necro 2 pack.. Flag it for Shadow, you now have a perma flag, lvl 11 wizard/sorc who can firewall everything in sight, while you pike at the start on your melee lives, who hate shadows, ghost, and everything else in necro 2.. XD

An hour? seriously? 3 minutes per run to unlock the gate, since its time-gated.. nothing can be done about that.. a minute to talk with the dragon and pick a direction. another 5 mins tops to clear any of the paths.. well make it 10 minutes a run. Thats only 40 minutes, what you doin for the other 20? ;p
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:29am by Vendui »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:26am:
You can tho.. Alt account, with Necro 2 pack.. Flag it for Shadow, you now have a perma flag, lvl 11 wizard/sorc who can firewall everything in sight, while you pike at the start on your melee lives, who hate shadows, ghost, and everything else in necro 2.. XD

An hour? seriously? 3 minutes per run to unlock the gate, since its time-gated.. nothing can be done about that.. a minute to talk with the dragon and pick a direction. another 5 mins tops to clear any of the paths.. well make it 10 minutes a run. Thats only 40 minutes, what you doin for the other 20? ;p

I actually loved running flagging groups.. people would show by the ton.. it's just tuff trying to get it through peoples heads why you're there, not to get distracted, and just RUN. .. yet you always end up with corpses because they refuse to listen or play that "it won't hurt if I go chase that particular beastie"... *sigh*
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:41am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #21 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
Did I say I didn't have an opener?  Doesn't mean it's not an annoyance I'd rather avoid.  Getting the sigil completed for Litany isn't that hard either. 

Are you intentionally equating logging an opener with obtaining a full sigil? Because that's what you just did.

Let's forget about the whole opener thing and just look at the flagging requirements.

Litany flagging requires 8 sigil pieces, 4 of which are common but not guaranteed drops in the 4 quests. It's incredibly unlikely that a player who runs each of the quests once will have a completed sigil afterwards.

SC flagging, like most flagging in DDO, consists of completing the earlier quests in that pack. Unlike most flagging, you can't repeat the quest without repeating the flagging (or having an opener/grabbing the window)

While flagging for litany isn't difficult per se, it's feasibly the most time consuming flagging for a non-raid in the entire game. It also can't be entered if you aren't flagged. This change makes far more sense in this specific case than it would for pretty much any other quest that requires flagging.

Suggesting that SC should not require flagging every life is absurd. Suggesting that it should be possible to repeat SC without repeating the flagging or using a workaround is not.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:44am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #22 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:26am:
what you doin for the other 20? ;p

Swearing for five minutes, then repeating one of them because I forgot to smash the fuckin' crystal, in my case.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #23 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:46pm:
Suggesting that SC should not require flagging every life is absurd. Suggesting that it should be possible to repeat SC without repeating the flagging or using a workaround is not.

I wouldn't say it is absurd.  Any more absurd than eliminating the need to run the 4 quests each life to get to litany (which is what they did.  Another option would have been to drop the sigil requirement and just require you to run gop, inferno, vol, and flesh once to be flagged like they did with Tor.  They dropped the relics requirement and just required you to run each quest once.  Same with Reavers Fate.  No getting blooded.  Just run the quest.) 

They went from needing 8 sigil pieces, which, since you get 1 per run (some quests might give 2 in side chest) means repeat runs (either in one life or multiple) down to needing NO runs per life after the first life.  So why would that be absurd to suggest that SC (not leading to a raid) drop the requirement each life?

Personally, I'd be fine, though, with SC requiring 1 run per life and then you stay flagged for SC.   I don't mind running them once per life.  I run the knight one with all the traps anyways because it is crazy good XP, when you have a trapper.  I'll repeat run it with a good trapper.  The underwater one sucks ass though.  And the Shadow Lord, where you have to split up to hit levers, is a PITA.  Still, they are all nice XP.  It is just annoying to have to deal with the window farm because you can't re-acquire the quest on subsequent runs and change the difficulty if you want. 

I'd be fine with the same thing for Litany.  Do what they did for GH tor flagging.  But, I'm also fine with the perma-sigil.  Which is similar to what they did for Titan.   I don't think older, non end-game content needs complex flagging.  Those gates were there to prolong the content's shelf life as end game. 
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:20am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #24 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:17am:
I don't think older, non end-game content needs complex flagging.

Agreed, but I don't consider running a few quests to be "complex flagging".

Like I said, I'm of the opinion that it would be reasonable to be able to repeat SC (as well as other quests that require flagging) without having to repeat the flagging if you've done it that life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint