Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Got a favorite 'racial past lives' build? (Read 4241 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Got a favorite 'racial past lives' build?
Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
I'm about 3/4 done with my Racials.. been rofl-stomping on a 1 arti, 6 fighter, 13 Wiz. @ 2 jump into full plate and wearing a tower. 6 points in Stalwart gets a nice bump in PRR, and a pile into Vanguard builds your speed and puts that shield to use with a few feats for good measure (Improved bash, Shield Mastery, improved Mastery).

Once I get to Wiz, arcane failure is an issue at first, despite using the Augments to reduce it. Most of the spells are defensive boosts anyways and not something you cast in the heat.

This weekend I was running with various groups, got with one that wanted to do the VON chain. We did Arena & Prisoner, @ which had enough to take 6 (wasn't double capping this time around). We went into Khyber & Khyber 2 on Reaper (1 or 2 I wasn't really paying attention). Several times I ended up carrying every-bodies stones, and I was on my lonesome in the end fight.....

I've crafted my gear for the levels, but that Damn 'No Worries' and 'Motherboard' are just SO fucking nice....

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Re: Got a favorite 'racial past lives' build?
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm:
I've crafted my gear for the levels, but that Damn 'No Worries' and 'Motherboard' are just SO fucking nice....

I hear ya... They're great kit.

But really, if you're just grinding the PLs... 1 Arty/19 Warlock or just plain old Arty is all you need for ROFLstomping Heroic content.

Honourable Mention to: 2 Rogue/18 Arty and 20 Rogue Mechanic.

Hell, with the Arty pass, you can even get Heavy Armour prof in the Renegade Mastermaker tree (iirc).

I find that low maintenance/low complexity builds work best for PL grinding (it keeps the gear juggling manageable). YMMV.

But really, you're in the home stretch now so anything you do will just be for shits and giggles.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I was cruising through a life every 34-40 hours with a pure warlock. 

Using only crafted gear, GOO with cone/utterdark and instas

Stupidly easy, quite fast.  Little boring, but it’s just heroic quests for racials.  Faster the better
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2018 at 1:00pm by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
I usually go DC Warlock (Fiend or GOO pact) or Artificer XBow build.  Both are forgiving of just about any race starting with a -2 to Cha or Int.  Although if you are concerned about that, just do your Cha and Int races first so that you have the +2 to each already in place.

Monk is also fun, especially if you have the ML 10 Ravenloft Wraps.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2018 at 1:10pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 12:59pm:
I was cruising through a life every 34-40 hours with a pure warlock. 

Using only crafted gear, GOO with cone/utterdark and instas

Stupidly easy, quite fast.  Little boring, but it’s just heroic quests for racials.  Faster the better

Nice... it takes me about 12-15 hours total play-time per life, ( I use EXP pots)but that is stretched over the course of a week or so, as I only get an hour or two ta play at a time.  It's aggravating.. but I've been fortunate to catch groups doing skull runs on chains which just brings the xp POURING in... especially if you hold back on taking your levels until you absolutely HAVE to.

VON, Delera's, Catacombs, 3BC, Phiarlan... insanely nice XP, especially if you run them at your absolute lowest level possible.... then throw Slayers on top of it and its fucking gravy
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2018 at 3:15pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 3:14pm:
Nice... it takes me about 12-15 hours total play-time per life, ( I use EXP pots)but that is stretched over the course of a week or so, as I only get an hour or two ta play at a time.  It's aggravating.. but I've been fortunate to catch groups doing skull runs on chains which just brings the xp POURING in... especially if you hold back on taking your levels until you absolutely HAVE to.

VON, Delera's, Catacombs, 3BC, Phiarlan... insanely nice XP, especially if you run them at your absolute lowest level possible.... then throw Slayers on top of it and its fucking gravy

Idk about all of catacombs being good xp or phiarlan. But if you’re doing a life in 12 hours as you claim, you’re getting like 6 to 7k xp per minute, which is pretty amazing but not realistic. Even at 15 hours per life you’re at 5k per minute.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Sovereign pot, masters gift, ottos, and 45 min of playtime. All you need from 1-20.

I refuse to run a past life these days unless I have an ottos.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
I’m doing it with a 20 pot and running r3 or so solo.  So if I scaled it down to r1 I’m sure I could shave off about 6-10 hours of playtime.  But even just running between quests and hitting the bank wrecks your xp/min.

Arguably the time I’m “in” a quest per life is probably around the 20-25 hours.  With the reaper benefits to first time runs etc and a 50% then 5k/min isn’t unrealistic when your actually in quests. 

But if you get 15k do for a 3 minute quest, and it takes you another 3 minutes to get out, get your reward, hit the bank, sell shit and run to next quest...   your not getting 5k per min.  Half that is realistic.

Getting 2.5k/min sustained is 25 hours of game time.  Spot on for what I’m doing.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 7:31am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Idk about all of catacombs being good xp ...

With the exception of 'The Crypt of Gerard Dryden', the chain can be completed VERY quickly.. Gerard can probably be done fast if you have multiple people and each person runs ahead and takes a section... not sure. Solo it tends to be a slog as the caskets keep blowing open once you move to a certain point.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 7:34am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:51pm:
I’m doing it with a 20 pot and running r3 or so solo.  So if I scaled it down to r1 I’m sure I could shave off about 6-10 hours of playtime.  But even just running between quests and hitting the bank wrecks your xp/min.

Arguably the time I’m “in” a quest per life is probably around the 20-25 hours.  With the reaper benefits to first time runs etc and a 50% then 5k/min isn’t unrealistic when your actually in quests. 

But if you get 15k do for a 3 minute quest, and it takes you another 3 minutes to get out, get your reward, hit the bank, sell shit and run to next quest...   your not getting 5k per min.  Half that is realistic.

Getting 2.5k/min sustained is 25 hours of game time.  Spot on for what I’m doing.

Sounds about right... to be honest, I'm fucking tired when i get home.. my day starts @ 4am.. I get home about 7pm after work and a run @ the Gym... I have the energy for MAYBE an hour.. 2 TOPS (and I eat while doing this).. then its shower and crash... but yeah.. this sounds about right.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Warlock is of course super-convenient. Fire Cleric is nice to change it up though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:11am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:51pm:

Correct that’s my observation. Especially if s person only plays an hour a day and groups. You waste time waiting for random stuff.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:11am:
Correct that’s my observation. Especially if s person only plays an hour a day and groups. You waste time waiting for random stuff.

That’s a big fat average too.  There are some level ranges that are xp poor and some hat are great xp, others that are really great xp but quests are far apart. 

The times I really rock it for xp are 3bc in the 4-7 range and 16-20 doing vale/lod/wheloon/stormhorns/sane asylum/orchard slayers. 

If you can log in for more than a couple hours you can blast out hundreds of k of xp quite quickly.  Sane asylum r1/e/h/n/e run is worth 110k and you can rinse repeat the quest in less than 10 mins. Slightly faster if you have someone to hold window.  So 110k in less than an hour, that’s 5.5k/min with no screwing around.  Lod and wheloon are similar with quests stacked right on top of each other, and you supplement running areas between quests in wheloon with some drive-by slayers and explorers. 

So some areas and times, yes I get more than 5k/min, but over an entire life there’s times when it’s closer to 500xp/min because you gotta run between shit or wait for people or get gear outa the bank etc. 

I do my warlock build, have cannith gear sets made up for lvl 3,8,13,18 that maximize every slot on the gear for the build, I use xp stones from gold rolls to get to lvl 3 (a lvl 1 warlock can get to lvl 3 naked on R1 if you don’t have enough stones.  I’ve saved mine for ages on mules.   Heroic warlock are jokes)gear up, then rock.   Then every 5 lvls run to shared bank and take out next gearset.  No searching through TR cache, no fucking around figuring out what gear is best for what build at what lvl etc. 

Try and minimize the time wasted between quests, cause running the same shit over and over 33x for your Racials is painful.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2018 at 5:46pm by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 1:20am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 5:35pm:
That’s a big fat average too.  There are some level ranges that are xp poor and some hat are great xp, others that are really great xp but quests are far apart. 

The times I really rock it for xp are 3bc in the 4-7 range and 16-20 doing vale/lod/wheloon/stormhorns/sane asylum/orchard slayers. 

If you can log in for more than a couple hours you can blast out hundreds of k of xp quite quickly.  Sane asylum r1/e/h/n/e run is worth 110k and you can rinse repeat the quest in less than 10 mins. Slightly faster if you have someone to hold window.  So 110k in less than an hour, that’s 5.5k/min with no screwing around.  Lod and wheloon are similar with quests stacked right on top of each other, and you supplement running areas between quests in wheloon with some drive-by slayers and explorers. 

So some areas and times, yes I get more than 5k/min, but over an entire life there’s times when it’s closer to 500xp/min because you gotta run between shit or wait for people or get gear outa the bank etc. 

I do my warlock build, have cannith gear sets made up for lvl 3,8,13,18 that maximize every slot on the gear for the build, I use xp stones from gold rolls to get to lvl 3 (a lvl 1 warlock can get to lvl 3 naked on R1 if you don’t have enough stones.  I’ve saved mine for ages on mules.   Heroic warlock are jokes)gear up, then rock.   Then every 5 lvls run to shared bank and take out next gearset.  No searching through TR cache, no fucking around figuring out what gear is best for what build at what lvl etc. 

Try and minimize the time wasted between quests, cause running the same shit over and over 33x for your Racials is painful.

We agree... I was calling out zooper for doing a life in “12-15 hours of play time,” playing hourly a day.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 5th, 2018 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Thanks.   I just felt like kicking the horse

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
110k/hour = 5.5k/min?

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 6:53pm:
110k/hour = 5.5k/min?

It’s close... in retardo land.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 8:06pm:

Sorry.  Must remember not to do maths early in the subjective morning.  Was on a set of nights with a couple doubles in there.  I’ll proof-read better next time

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 6th, 2018 at 8:06pm:

He was using Canadian units.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #19 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 5:13pm:
He was using Canadian units.

Metric time is awsm

Metric spelng is eficnt

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint