Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to do DPS tests on LIVE (Read 14562 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

How to do DPS tests on LIVE
Nov 12th, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Everyone loves murdering kobolds on Lamma but being able to get your DPS at any time on live is useful. You can reverse engineer your DPS on any target with video footage, a reaper debuff value, and a relatively non-moving target you can see the hit points of.

~

(HP@ t1 minus HP@ t2) / ((t1-t0)*(reaper debuff))

E.x., Bruntsmash has 150k hit points, you're in on skull 10 and your kill time was 180 seconds.
(150,000)/(180*0.089) = 9,363 DPS

Reaper Debuff Table from Testing
Quote:
LE, 1
R1, 0.9016393443
R2, 0.7049180328
R3, 0.5245901639
R4, 0.3770491803
R5, 0.2786885246
R6, 0.2131147541
R7, 0.1639344262
R8, 0.131147541
R9, 0.09836065574
R10, 0.08196721311

~

Best Practices... ...and What is DPS??
   Do you want to know your sustainable DPS, or your burst DPS? The more hp on the target, the better, for determining sustainable DPS. Certain boosts are not sustainable (e.x., sneak of shadows) but are used on bosses---in this way they are a non-sustainable burst, unlike a tempest's 10k cuts. It is best practice to define how you do a test, when you put a number out. For example, to get sustained DPS a build in Fury of the Wild would only use 2 adrenalines at the start of the test, then an adrenaline every time it recharged.
   Do you want to know realistic DPS or glass cannon DPS? In the past people would twist Reign in just to increase their times on Bruntsmash. This kind of tomfoolery is fun for dick measuring, but it's not an accurate representation of a build's DPS. It's best to dps test with what you use on live. Doing DPS tests is often a good way of troubleshooting your build. You see what you're missing. You think about the correct order of clickies. You learn how to keep sustained DPS up over a period of time. Sometimes its not worth recasting buffs in the middle of a fight---sometimes it is.
   As is the case with many forms of dick-measuring, it may be necessary to post your video to youtube. This makes the test more objective---DDO is a powerfantasy but its good to have a reality check. This way you can get an even bigger dick. Lay it on the fucking anvil---and hammer away. If you post a kill time that is a 10s snapshot of prowess up on a 300k hit point target, then you're not really getting a realistic, sustainable time. We don't need your inflated dick time to assuage your fragile masculinity. On r10 Bruntsmash has 150k hp on average, that's 1,851,851 hp on r10, or almost 2 million.

~

Usefulness of DPS tests, and a Note about Reaper Debuff Values
   As of writing this post, Killing Time is the endgame raid. The dragon has an ass-load (4million) hit points and you are getting hit with sustained magic damage and the occasional flip. This means that defensively you're going to need to hit a required value for the difficulty you're running. (2k hp and 100 MRR on LE seems to be doable.) The required defensive value doesn't need to be exceeded though---you might use DPS tests to see how various builds perform while meeting the requisite defensive values. The defensive requirements might shift in the future---but there is no such thing as too much DPS.
   I need to make a couple notes about the debuff values and how to use them. It is appropriate for a ranged toon to use the melee debuff values. Why? Well ranged are actually debuffed worse in reaper than melee, but you want an apples to apples number. Using the melee debuff gives a ranged damage number that is adjusted down by the relative ratio of about 20%. Casters get the same debuff as ranged (see link above). Casters should also use the melee debuff formula.

~

Useful Targets
Quote:
Name, Location, Average HP
Bruntsmash, Cabal for One, 150k

*I will edit and add to the this post as time goes on! Please criticize/ask questions. Love you guys.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2018 at 12:09pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: How to do DPS tests on LIVE
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Great post, foppy

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint