Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic lategame r10 solos (Read 5296 times)
Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

lategame r10 solos
Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
So the challange is you need either amazing trash DPS with decent CC, or 5k HP and 300 PRR, or reliant instakills. And then for bosses you need more amazing DPS, and since they aren't CCable you either do geometry tricks or you need some beef & likely broken selfheals, unless you're using a healer. Not many builds can fall into all these roles decently without supports filling in;

Before reaper shiradis and volcano could do all these in all EE content, but they got the indirect nerf of the century; the only shiradi wiz i see working uses meteors, maybe even twisting some beef

Some broken mechanics still work, like healing ki or wiz spell ratio increases; but still, r10 is there for a while. I've seen many use monks, I get this feeling since the nerf their DPS is meh and their quivers wont land unless you build for it, and even then it won't be consistent

I've heared some crazy rumors about swashbuckler being viable, but I dont believe any of it; I didn't DPS test an optimized sorcerer since the new lvl 9 spells came out, people say it does more damage than gruin, so maybe their boss damage is viable now;

Personally I love my AA, though he does fall behind when it comes to solo boss DPS if it takes more than 1 unbrid fury to kill it

What are the best builds before inquisitor comes out for r10 lategame solos?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: lategame r10 solos
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What are the best builds before inquisitor comes out for r10 lategame solos?

Thrower can do anything (almost) but it is going to be slower.
Caster can do a very limited set of quests at a reasonable speed. Example quests available to caster are Amber, Madness of Crowds, Quarantine---basically anything where you can charm mobs in an end fight from a reasonably safe position. Thrower can also do these quests but it is a bit more difficult and tedious. On my caster I do 2x Amber and 2x Madness of Crowds every day. Each quest takes about 10min. If I get a good dps or two to join me then I'll go do Lost at Sea since its new and you can kinda safe spot the boss.

Assassin rogue is also doable for solos, but I'd say its even slower and more risky than Thrower.

Some points:
1. You aren't going to be soloing anything where you have a high chance of getting hit. Meld is amazing but it has a timer.
2. Healing sucks but you can do it---make an LGS healing amp stick and affirmation stick and it should be about 100 hp you can recover every 10s or so.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:29pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:25pm:
Thrower can do anything (almost) but it is going to be slower.
Caster can do a very limited set of quests at a reasonable speed. Example quests available to caster are Amber, Madness of Crowds, Quarantine---basically anything where you can charm mobs in an end fight from a reasonably safe position. Thrower can also do these quests but it is a bit more difficult and tedious. On my caster I do 2x Amber and 2x Madness of Crowds every day. Each quest takes about 10min. If I get a good dps or two to join me then I'll go do Lost at Sea since its new and you can kinda safe spot the boss.

Assassin rogue is also doable for solos, but I'd say its even slower and more risky than Thrower.

Some points:
1. You aren't going to be soloing anything where you have a high chance of getting hit. Meld is amazing but it has a timer.
2. Healing sucks but you can do it---make an LGS healing amp stick and affirmation stick and it should be about 100 hp you can recover every 10s or so.

Whats your CC as thrower? Ranged mobs will throw stuff at you, unavoidable light damage will come its way, how do you stay through as a thrower, juke to death?

Do you think tempest with sap sword makes the cut late? How about artis?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Morkass uses a freezing ice (lgs) shuriken for low fort save mobs, and a paralyzing shuriken (thunderforged) for low will save mobs. He also uses pin and has deflect arrows. Manually dodging arrows is also doable if there are only a few targets. There's a few other toys he has but I don't remember off the top of my head. If you're feeling it you can ask on the achievement boards on one of his solos---he's very friendly.

For solo, playing a melee is very hard since your geometry exploits are limited. I'm sure you could solo things on an arty or rogue ranged build but throwers have 14k dps or so without unbridled fury. Endless fusilade builds get 14k dps when endless fusilade is up. (I am thinking a 10 rogue / 6 fighter / 4 arti build).

Throwers can also be run in shadow dancer without as much dps loss---giving you access to ddoor if you need it.

I know the "My shitty thrower" thread here has a guy who was soloing r10 Good Intentions on a thrower every day in about 15-20min. Stealth is useful enough that i've considered rerolling my sorc to get high enough skills in it.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:16pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Good Intentions is extraordinarily easy to solo on a ranged DPS with stealth.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

StratleThot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 1:54pm:
Do you think tempest with sap sword makes the cut late

The only R10 I regularly solo on a tempest is Amber, and that’s farming good instances for the lootz.  It’s also the only R10 I’ve tried to solo, primarily due to xp/min value.  Even if I had the capability to solo [insert R10 quest], the xp/min would not be worth it. Solo R5 a couple times for equivelant xp/min.

If you’re just looking for big cojones status, I would say charm all the way.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 3:36pm by StratleThot »  

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Single-target charms and Soundburst. And turn undead. On a necro-specced barbarian to be safe.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 4:21pm:
Single-target charms and Soundburst. And turn undead. On a necro-specced barbarian to be safe.

You! I like you. You seem to be enlightened on the nature of the true perfect ddo builds.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Recently ran a rogue (18rogue/2monk) that did very well in high reaper. Ran a few hundred Ambers over the weekend and my solo times were around 5 minutes only skipping Raven, Traitor, and the clit card. Only other thing I did R10 solo was Madness of Crowds. Sneak speed made that really easy. Running in Ultimate Water Stance for boss fights gave me 46% dodge, +50 from Improved Uncanny Dodge, and of course the 100% from Meld. Those 2 were enough for boss fights when running with a group and no tank. Pain main hand, Dust offhand, and reapers are a non issue as long as you have spell absorb swaps for the famine variety. Assassinate dc was 100 properly geared with a tenser scroll running.

One of the keys to melee soloing is definitely Shadowdancer. Sneak speed boost from Shadowtraining is retarded, especially on a build that's already getting 2 sneak speed enhancements. Shadow Manipulation is also amazingly powerful as it seems to not have a save, at all, for either the domination or the instakill effect.

Stealth is only broken for retards.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
pinkpuff wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 5:01pm:
Recently ran a rogue (18rogue/2monk) that did very well in high reaper. Ran a few hundred Ambers over the weekend and my solo times were around 5 minutes only skipping Raven, Traitor, and the clit card. Only other thing I did R10 solo was Madness of Crowds. Sneak speed made that really easy. Running in Ultimate Water Stance for boss fights gave me 46% dodge, +50 from Improved Uncanny Dodge, and of course the 100% from Meld. Those 2 were enough for boss fights when running with a group and no tank. Pain main hand, Dust offhand, and reapers are a non issue as long as you have spell absorb swaps for the famine variety. Assassinate dc was 100 properly geared with a tenser scroll running.

One of the keys to melee soloing is definitely Shadowdancer. Sneak speed boost from Shadowtraining is retarded, especially on a build that's already getting 2 sneak speed enhancements. Shadow Manipulation is also amazingly powerful as it seems to not have a save, at all, for either the domination or the instakill effect.

Stealth is only broken for retards.

aggressive, in a very good way

IP Logged

pinkpuff
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Should also point out that while running Ambers I only skipped the 3 cards mentioned, but never skipped pw locations. The only one that can get dicey is having to go into the southern crypts where flameskull champs with true seeing and dots would occasionally tag me as I got through the door. The western location through the portal that everyone seems to hate is a easy pickup and the second place I'd check. Just don't attack any of the skulls before the portal and none will follow you through. Once through the portal it was easy to get a cheap kill most of the time by assassinating the skull that spawns by the pw location there. Occasionally it was a deathwarded champ but np, grab your shit and ddoor.

Also forgot to mention that Shadow Manipulation isn't affected by EDF and definitely works through terrain, so probably works through walls/doors too.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 6:20am
Print Post  
Any new viability with the new Sharn?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Dps Sorc is now doable

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #13 - Oct 24th, 2019 at 3:10am
Print Post  
Everyone is running Thiefling, lategame their reaper self heals are mehtier at best

I'm considering taking the -3 hit to the DC you get from bladeforged, replacing the sharn set to the one with the docent. Maybe LGS for some health and adamantine for some PRR.

There's another drawback thats not the DC: you use the fire elemental form as a counter-fire-immunity clickie because you want repair for heals. Some quests are fire-immune-mob-heavy; if DC casting won't suffice in them, you have to make do heals with bad-heal-amp cocoon, which is terrible at best.

What's your best race for lategame r10 solo sorcerer?
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2019 at 3:13am by Linker »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint