Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) What should I do next. (Read 7202 times)
cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

What should I do next.
Apr 8th, 2019 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Returned player, have been returned for 7 months after a 5ish year break. Main toon at 65 reaper points and on the TR train. Static group plays 50 hours a week and so do a TR every week with high reapers/raids stuck on at the end.

Second character is a capped fvs with 30 reaper points that raids and does high reapers when needed. Not touching him till main is done.

Currently doing the 2nd iconic ever and finishing off completionist on the main toon. On a 12 pally/8fighter/2monk centered longsword build. Oh boy does having a 50mrr cap suck. Just got to 28 and soulrazor last night, dps went up a mile but nothing compared to silvanus wolf (8/6/6 druid fighter cleric that was posted here) or even a wisdom pure ranger

Heroic lives to finish for completionist.
Ranger
Fighter
Monk
Arti
Rog

I've done all the caster DC and spell pen lives 3x and love playing arcane or divine casters. I have to be able to heal others on all builds. Have never played a ranged toon. New to dps, my shitty tempest thread helped a lot.

Taking a break from racial lives (about half done with those, 8 rap)

Iconics I would like to get done.

1 more pdk
3 of shad-kai or whatever it's called, 3 morninglord, 3 aasimar

Like I said I'm new to dps. All the classes left are some kind of dps.

The pally centered longsword thing sucks even with the best long swords. Rocking a lgs dust + prowess soulrazor. The tempest was amazing with those things and could use a whelm when things were dusted. have a baba maul for silvanus builds. I've got 2 opposition lgs peices to make up for bad hp builds.

Can someone that's not unknown builder give me a few dps build ideas that turn out better than this shitty pally for my final iconic/heroic lives?

Also want to get 2 more pally lives in for the heal amp if someone has a pally build that can dps better Maybe 8 pally 6 fighter 6 ranger going tempest/kensei?

Yeah I'm new here, so what. If any need help with reaper ready arcane or divine just ask.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: What should I do next.
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
So a build I really liked was:

Bladeforged Iconic 3 paladin/5 wizard/12 fighter.

It has PRR coming out of it's ears, good self-buffs, self-healing, etc. In theory you could adapt the same build to warforged and lvl from 1-20, but this ones doesn't come into it's own as much until epics. I know you're already done with the Bladeforged Iconic lives, but it'd be good for a fighter life.

I used it with the Eldritch Knight tree. Improved Shield & Improved Mage Armor are AWESOME, + Knight's Transformation stacks with Bladesworn Transformation for a very nice occasional boost. Since you also will have the spell Master's Touch, you can alternate between sword & Board and 2-handers as the situation calls for it. This one is also handy for UMD, you can easily UMD all the scrolls you need.

Build I played a while back for my bard/PDK life:

2 fighter/18 bard swashbuckler.

Very high DPS and constant critting. This one may not do as well in reaper due to relying heavily on CC, but would be my top choice for another PDK-build.

Another build I am playing right now that you may tinker with:

2 monk/5 artificer/13 wizard

SWF with a bastard sword and runearm. Works with any race, but best as warforged Can play as any race and uses Palemaster Tree. If you put enough into getting very high negative spellpower and keep those auras running, you will be practically unkillable in Reaper. Then again, i don't think this one fits your criteria.

Pure paladins are actually pretty sick if you focus on armor/buffs over centered. The PRR bonuses are probably much better than evasion.

This is an oldie but a goody:

1-2 rogue/18-19 paladin

In this case I am thinking Shadarkai to get that life out of the way. One or two rogue levels to get access to trapping(and save yourself a +1 heart), then everything else into paladin. The healing benefits are solid, there's room for UMD, and holy sword is still pretty good.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

(Also, you forgot the obligitory command for unknownbuilder to bark for your amusement Wink )

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2019 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
For your Morninglord Lives, you can't go wrong with full-cleric in War Domain. Especially in a party environment with an emphasis on Reaper, you could be everyone's hero passing out buffs and heals while still laying down the DPS. Granted, that doesn't give you a needed class PL.

Are you willing to spring for +1 hearts to combine class/iconic PLs? That opens up a few more options.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Scourge Ranger
PDK Fighter
Scourge Monk
Morninglord Arti
Shadar Kai Rogue (mech)

That'll get you completionist.

You like Tempest? You can do Fighter and Pally lives as a pseudo-tempest.

5-6 ranger levels (DoD) + 14-15 pally (Holy Sword and/or Zeal)
5-6 ranger levels (DoD) + 8-10 fighter (Kensei crit multi) + 4-7 monk or whatever

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Yeah +1 hearts are not a problem but I would like to keep them to a minimum. I like the idea of a paly 14/ranger 6 will do a scourge like that.

Doing last pdk life as a fighter, thinking 12 fighter 6 ranger 2 fvs for some close wounds sla and Cha to str. Can recycle exact gear that way.

I'm done with 50mrr though so dropped the centered monk idea. The last couple of levels the 12 pally 8 fighter 2 monk centered longsword thing ended up be good dps but I just can't handle 50mrr for high reapers, How do y'all do it? Dance of death all the way for twf from here out. And at least light armor. Dreading monk, maybe a thrower? I have a spite. Heard they are a pain to level, can get carried though, my group is amazing. Seen some amazing wisdom monks though, would like to try if I find a way past the mrr issues.

Was thinking about getting some gear together for a couple mech builds to take care of arti and rog lives cause I don't have raid daggers to use for an assassin right now, but a single weapon fighter with a book of strahd orb int assassin is an idea I have been working on. Also have never played an arti caster, is that a thing?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
cluedout wrote on Apr 9th, 2019 at 12:04pm:
How do y'all do it?

A second sentient weapon with 5 piece Nystul's gets you to 90 MRR when you need it.

Dreading monk, maybe a thrower? I have a spite. Heard they are a pain to level,

Shuri isn't so bad once you hit 20. Still I probably wouldn't go there just for a past life.

Also have never played an arti caster, is that a thing?

It's no sorc, but it's doable.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Arti-casters aren't really "a thing" per-say but at the high levels they have some pretty insane spells. Blade Barrier and Tactical Detonation. Also if you can get the DC high enough Lightning Sphere is very good CC. The artificer electrical SLAs in Arcanotechnician have some good mileage, especially if you have a Toven's Hammer on hand or some other gear to enhance electrical spellpower and crit rates.

Artificers, in general though, are fun as fuck and very versatile. Am personally looking to just do two artificer lives to finish up my Warforged racial PLs. After that I may give up on racial TR all together and just do epics/iconics until Borderlands comes out.

Those ranger/pally builds are easy to level through heroics. You've got enough ranged ability to not be useless with a bow, some good fighting feats, and then later on pretty much everything worth a damn out of paladin including the absurd PRR. If you go with Bladeforged, you can add good off-healing. Maybe coordinate with party members and get a few other folks to run warforged/bladeforged and you can heal each other with communion of scribbing.

A lot of builds don't really start to "work" until epics, which is a pain in the ass in all respects. I've never willingly leveled a bad split; just used ottos rocks to nope out of heroics and enjoy epics.

For monk, I believe a monk-pass is in the works, so if you can hold off it might be advantagious. Honestly though you can't go wrong with a pure unarmed monk just for the sheer fun of it. It may not be the very best, but if you are already going to have to rely on your party, you can help them in other ways beyond just pure DPS. Stunning Fist, for example, is really powerful CC if you can get the DC high enough. Same with Tomb of Jade, not to mention good old standbys like trip.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Ok hashed some stuff with my group.

Next life. Iconic pdk. 12 fighter/6 ranger/2 fvs. Role is heavy dps and threat tank.

Life after we are going to stay at 30 and farm sharn gear, going back to favorite class combos for that. Human 20 sorc as I need one more human life. Role is instakills/cc/aoe dps

Once we are happy with sharn gear and have spent all of our do points on raid resets, going back to iconic for a further 6 lives.

shadurkai
10/6/4 rogue, fighter, arti. Role:traps and ranged dps have a volly for this.

18 arti 2 rog. Same role. Might try inq here if I get a good xbow.

8 pally 6 ranger 6 rog. Role heavy dps. Maybe vkf daggers because of loss of crit profile in trees or holy sword, but would need to pull them.

Aasimar
Pure 20 ranger. Role heavy dps.

14 pally 6 ranger. Role heavy dps.

Last life is between a monk thrower 14/6 or pure monk with a +1 heart of wood.  Leaning to thrower as I have a spite but no duality. This may change as it's a couple months down the road and sharn gear.

This will net completionist and 3x pally lives

Back to racial after that, won't have morninglord done but next time we break for those I can do some of the classes I want 3x in with splashed cleric without a problem.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Why 18 arti 2 rog instead of pure arti? Artificer already has traps, the arti capstones seem worth more than 2 rogue levels.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #9 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 9th, 2019 at 3:19pm:
Why 18 arti 2 rog instead of pure arti? Artificer already has traps, the arti capstones seem worth more than 2 rogue levels.

Saves a heart of wood and adds evasion for the few traps that need it, not apposed to pure arti if you think it's worth it though.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
That is a good point. I think if you plan to zerge through the life at high speed it's a good plan. Especially if you are going to be a fleshy arty shiterkai(hate the models for them). If you plan to linger on that life for a bit though it's worth spending the heart to get full 20 artificer.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #11 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
alright, got a few recent lives i will leave a review for.

racial life: human. played as a test for EK. pure wizard 20.

started out slow, ended up just using spell dps and web/hold person for cc. ended up taking feats for single weapon fighting with an orb. level 12 was a game changer. the cleave in t5 is good. specced into long swords as I had 5 schisms burning a hole in my pocket for the late game. this was around the time when the festival event started so i ran it for some coffee and a couple lowby casting sticks, nothing else looked good.

damage from spellsword is great as a pure wizard but feats are borked because of the low bab. at level 30 the only spellpower items I could equip were the hat from mem and a ravenloft belt. on r1 spellsword damage was about 800 per hit. ended up not using undead tree at all becuase of our healing setup for high reapers. EK and harper tree with sprint boost and hp from falcon. you have to cast spells to keep your melee power up and you have to melee to keep spellpower up. ended up using acid most of the time unless a mob was weak to ice/electric and then all i had to do was swap belts. bread and butter were acid well/meteor swarm cast a mass hold at my feet (ended up with DC of about 85 on enchant) used soulrazor as main weapon.

I would not recommend this build for high reaper. just stick to a cc/instakilling wizard, people will like you more. the dps is shit teir even with the best gear compared to any of the power builds now.

this build is amazing for farming r1 quests for loot. you get great buffs and spell utility and the damage is all in a wonderful AOE for taking out large groups at a time.

I ran this build in a lot of destinies and ended up liking fury the best. Just adrenaline shot the EK t5 cleave. It will crit for over 60k on r1.

gear highlights are KT mountain set, ravenloft spellpower belt, mem spellpower hat, book of strahd, ring of nightfall, echo of ravenkind, molten silver gauntlets. ended up making a slave lords necklace for seeker and quality int that i could not fit any ware else with the gear I had. 

level 30 hp was 2400 in reaper. this is low accounting for a 2 peice lgs opp set. reaper trees are a nightmare, needs points from all 3, ended up with 21 defense tree, 21 offense tree and rest in caster tree.

DPS: C
r10 group capable: D
r4 solo capable: F
Raid capable: C
---------------------

third assimar life. wisdom tempest. pure ranger 20

this build starts is great, had lots of help from the my shitty tempest thread.

grabbed the Nightforge Avenger Blade long swords at level 8, after taking IC:slash 14-20x3 crit. wow. after level 12, 14-20x4 crit. and dance of death even wower.

didn't use deepwood stalker, just falconry and a few extra into aasimar, this resulted in lower boss dps but higher trash dps as we had great mass hold cc this life. made a dust longsword this life, that made soulrazor start basehitting for over 900 and saw crits when rolling 19-20 with a whelm in offhand for over 14k attack speed of course is amazing and party utility is high, plenty of feats to take empower heal and quicken for some real good cure serious and cacoon action, also wisdom based aasimar hands could even allow me to self heal all the way to r8 or so.

main problem was to-hit. I could only hit about 125 to hit and had to swap from ring of nightfall to a band if insightful commands often in boss fights.

ended up with 2800 HP this life in reaper and lots of dodge options. this build survives, dps is high, took epic reflex and even being wisdom based had a no fail reflex save in the r10 lost at sea traps.

gear highlights consist of silent avenger set, adherent set, ring of prowess, age of rage wisdom hat. unable to slot insightful wisdom due to heavy armor and trinket options only. I find it hard to give up the echo of ravenkind on a melee LGS shroud HP set on goggles/boots. took blinding speed to make up for the lack of a speed item.

DPS: A
R10 group capable: A
R4 Solo capable: B
Raid capable: A
I highly recommend this as a low past life character if just starting out, go dex based with scimitars, they are easier to get than a soulrazor. The dps will still be great, if not better on bosses with the deepwood stalker tree.

--------------------

next we have my first ever iconic life. just pulled a tremor so what the heck, str based 8 druid/6 cleric/6 fighter PDK.

take feats for mauls, t5 in kensai.

This build is very high on DPS and STR and thats about it. With my gear i got to about 106 STR and dire charge DC was about 108. had 3200 HP in reaper mode as I was animal domain. ended up threat tanking r10's as long as i had good healers and had my first experience pulling aggro from some of my servers best tanks in killing time. don't forget -threat for those situations  Roll Eyes dodge options are worse than ranger, only meld and flight for staying alive in a pack of R10 mobs, however this is the quickest ive ever seen rednames go down. self heals are a no-go, only getting the PDK full heal once per shrine. prr 240, mrr 130, melee power 270
not a solo build, but a great group build.

gear highlights include silent avenger set, LGS 2 peice opp set, age of rage STR hat, and an adherent set. again took blinding speed to make up for a lack in speed item

DPS: A
R10 group capable: A
r4 solo capable: D
Raid capable: A

------------------

pally past life: PDK

I'm new to dps, the above posted build are the first melee dps builds ive ever done, started playing in 2008 stopped in 2013, started again in 2018 always done divine/arcane till now. im enjoying it so far, starting with the wizard i thought was great and then setting up an amazing ranger that can only get better with experience and now ive got a crazy dps wolf out of the way, i should be great at this by now right?

well lets keep the longsword thing going as I have a dust longsword and a nice prowess soulrazor as well.

cant you center a monk with longswords? yeah lets give it a go. evasion too, lets rock!~

12 pally/8 fighter/2 monk

fire stance. str based, divine might, level 30 can self buff to 103 Str. grandmaster stance and twf with knights training. main weapons are LGS dust in offhand and Soulrazor in mainhand.

base hit 800 with soulrazor, crit for over 9000 on 19-20
all t5's taken in kensai, took some extra LOH and defender stance, 200prr 50mrr 2600 HP 200 melee power in reaper. dodge at 31% with extra threat from defender stance. saves all near 100. I can threat tank effectively on targets that only hit for physical damage, die very fast to spellcasters.

can toss LOH for emergency party healing, however they do not hit me very hard even with a large amount of heal amp.
50 mrr makes this very unreliable in high reaper. the damage is ok (dont get the aoe or attack speed from tempest)

gear is the same as the wolf build but with robes instead of light armor. 105 dire charge,

DPS: C
R10 party capable: C
R4 Solo Capable: D
Raid capable C

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Build review.

12 fighter/6 ranger /2 fvs. Pdk iconic.

This was a fun life. Build was great damage.

I made a reflection of whelm this life, paired with a soulrazor is a very good combo that can chain some high damage and fun. Other weapon sets used were off hand swaps for dust and affirmation, the range dps in the party was applying vulnerable for us.

Build uses t5 in tempest and t4 in kensei. Twf with dance of death is amazing for all this new content with large packs of mobs in every room that the game has become. Lost a critical threat from kensei t5, could swap just for raids but didnt. Role in my group was threat tank and heavy dps. This build was great for that.

Using 10k cuts or reaper doublestrike I could easily hit 100% doublestrike,  paired with a dance of death the massive cloud of numbers flying above the trash is something to behold.

By the numbers. 2800 hp in reaper, 220 prr, 88 mrr. Swapping out of mist set for quality con and mrr could get me to 3000 hp and 100mrr when facing some nasty r10 red names. Being Cha based I had a good intimidate (100 with 1 gear swap) and could pull aggro off of those pesky range guys.

Best str I saw was 121 and dire charge dc was 130+. This was great as we did not have an arcane this life and our cc was a druid with earthquake, the helpless dire charge was no fail all day long. To hit was 165 buffed so no issues with to-hit at all.

Main weakness of the build is self healing. Great in a party and has wicked dps so r1 is simply a cakewalk. Can solo r1 ravenloft all day long, R4 solo starts to get long without good self heals. Takes awhile, have to wait for dire charge and meld timers to avoid damage.

Gear highlight are mist set, silent avenger set, shroud opp set, house j rage str hat and a ring of prowess. Biggest issue is slotting mrr in this build, was used as a swap in for fights with incoming spell damage. Looking forward to having evasion back next life.

Looking back I would swap 2fvs for 2 cleric and go str domain, I thought I could get the close wounds to hit harder but it topped out at about 80 per tick and stopped being useful in epics.

Overall grade,
Dps: B
R10 party capable:A
R4 solo capable:D
Raid capable:A

I have started to really enjoy playing melee dps and have decided to make my character a dps for farming the new sharn gear. Need a racial human so going 12 ranger 6 Barb 2 cleric. This has options for aoe melee dps and high crit threat single target dps. Using the exact gear set is a bonus too. Looking forward to trying it out, will leave a review for it in a week or so. Let me know if you would be interested in seeing some builds in action with my group, if there is enough interest I will record some footage.

I think I have a sharn gearset for 100% fort bypass without silent avenger, I think the worries that the new sets being worse than old sets are unfounded and am looking forward to being able to wear full plate on non evasion high dps builds from here on out.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
cluedout wrote on Apr 9th, 2019 at 7:53pm:
third assimar life. wisdom tempest. pure ranger 20

this build starts is great, had lots of help from the my shitty tempest thread.

Was this an Iconic Aasimar Scourge or just a from lvl1 regular Aasimar?

I ask because the Nightforge Avenger Blade is VERY easy to get, and if it's still viable at lvl 15 it would be well worth it. I've been contemplating spinning up an Iconic Aasimar Scourge pure ranger as a farming alt, but not willing to invest heavily in gear.

I'd also be interesting in hearing about your leveling gear setups. You mostly mention at-or-near cap gear configurations, but I'd like to know what you're pulling out of the TR cache/shared bank and when.

Thanks!

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #14 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 2:01pm:
Was this an Iconic Aasimar Scourge or just a from lvl1 regular Aasimar?

I ask because the Nightforge Avenger Blade is VERY easy to get, and if it's still viable at lvl 15 it would be well worth it. I've been contemplating spinning up an Iconic Aasimar Scourge pure ranger as a farming alt, but not willing to invest heavily

I will make a detailed post about gear later.

this was a regular aasimar from level 1. I don't see any reason a scourge would not work though. If you are making a permanent level 15 challenge farmer I would multiclass as there is not really anything good for a ranger between 12 and 18. Think about 12 ranger/2 rog/1 Barb for traps and 10% run speed.

I have not found a better weapon than the avenger blade untill the oathblade at level 20. If you find one let me know! Not even green steel competes for dps and you get adamantine/red slot so can make a bunch of dr breakers easily if you want to.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Was thinking of leveling a scourge from 15 to 20 and stalling out somewhere in early epics. Not specifically as a challenge farmer, just generic loot farmer that can crush low-level content(of course, that's practically any self-sufficient class). I also do happen to enjoy pure ranger for a variety of reasons, but not enough to ever play one again on my main.

I'd love to theory-craft low-level gear with you sometime. Twink gear is probably my favorite thing ever(in case I haven't mentioned it), and am currently trying to put together the perfect "Fresh off the boat" set to grab before running korthos. I have an ML1 feather-falling ring fitted with a Master's Gift that comes out of the TR cache before I run a single quest, and since I'm already grabbing stuff, why not a few more items to provide the best "bang for buck" at lvl 1?

IP Logged

misterkatz
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 8th, 2019 at 6:27pm:
So a build I really liked was:

Bladeforged Iconic 3 paladin/5 wizard/12 fighter.

It has PRR coming out of it's ears, good self-buffs, self-healing, etc. In theory you could adapt the same build to warforged and lvl from 1-20, but this ones doesn't come into it's own as much until epics. I know you're already done with the Bladeforged Iconic lives, but it'd be good for a fighter life.

I used it with the Eldritch Knight tree. Improved Shield & Improved Mage Armor are AWESOME, + Knight's Transformation stacks with Bladesworn Transformation for a very nice occasional boost. Since you also will have the spell Master's Touch, you can alternate between sword & Board and 2-handers as the situation calls for it. This one is also handy for UMD, you can easily UMD all the scrolls you need.

This sounds very interesting, could you plz give me some details about lvl order and feats? and maybe weapon choice?
thanks!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
misterkatz wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 1:47pm:
This sounds very interesting, could you plz give me some details about lvl order and feats? and maybe weapon choice?
thanks!

I generally did it as a bladeforged Iconic and simple took the levels in order(for my own sanity more so than anything else):

Paladin
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Wizard
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter to 20.

A big part of what I liked about this build was self-healing through Bladeforged Communion of Scribing, but there's no reason you couldn't adapt the level split to any non-iconic race. You won't have anywhere near as nice of self-healing though. As for the level order, I'd invite anyone to chime in with a better progression.

For feats, I focused on two-weapon fighting, weapon specialization, etc for max DPS. You will want warforged Adamantine Body so your docents are treated as heavy armor, and if you can spare a little DPS, you can take the heavy armor feats for tons of extra PRR and AC. I also usually found room for Bastard Sword proficiency, but that's more a personal choice; I liked being able to switch to sword-and-board  for added defense.

I actually found that I did fine without cleave and great cleave, as you get enough cleave attacks out of Eldritch Knight, but others may be more inclined to stick with them. Plus once you hit 20 you can take all the cleaves out of destinies.

For enhancements, a very few points into Sacred Defender nets you a TON of PRR. Most of my points went into Eldritch Knight. Back when I played this build, it was a permanent-effect Tenser's Transformation, but they've since overhauled the tree to create "Knight's Transformation", which is arguably better. At the very least you want enough points in EK to get Improved Shield for that extra 10 PRR.

For weapons, I believe you still get follower of the lord of blades(wiki is busted so can't say for sure), which provides a bonus ti greatswords. Greataxes are also an option, as is sword and board. All depends what you want to do, build can go a lot of directions. the best balance of survivable and DPS i found to be greatswords.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 9:20am
Print Post  
ok just TR'd into my new build, this is a human (for last human racial) going to be 12ranger/6barb/2cleric. this gives str domain with Divine might and going str/cha based.

starting stats
18 str
14 dex
14 con
8 int
8 wis
15 cha

level order:
1barb
2-3 cleric
4-15 ranger
16-20 barb

feats

h: dragonmark:passage (ddoor at level 1 is amazing)
1: precision
3: dodge
6: knights training
9: improved crit:slash
12: mobility
15: quicken
18: empower heal
21: overwhelming critical
24: spring attack
26: perfect twf
27: blinding speed
28: Pierce Adamantine
29: dire charge
30: improved crit bludgeon
Scion of Arborea/Scion of the ethereal plane depending on what i feel like that day.

reasons for level order is run speed at 1, turn undead at 3 for catacombs. ranger asap for free feats and 4th cores in tempest and stalker. finish barb or ranger as desired, 18 ranger allows for lvl 18 cores and better ranger spell options, 6 barb allows to swap from t5 tempest to t5 barb for better crit options vs raid bosses.

having 3 cleric past lives and a bit of turn gear will allow this build to turn undead all the way threw heroics and have the added benefit of divine might for the endgame.

I said I would make a post about gear and this is it.

gear to get from tr cache
jibbers, quiver of alacrity, bottle of mist, key to eveningstar, 20% xp pots, greater harper pin, ingredient, collectable, Gem and augment bags, remove curse, remove disease, lesser restore, neutralize poison, remove blindness potions, hood of unrest, mabar candy, elite spider cult mask, eternal fom and deathward pots, invisibility potions, +30 jump potions, str/cha yugo/rem pots, csw pots, cure wands, ranged weapon, 2x muckbanes,  maelstorm lvl 2 greataxe, crafted lawful outsider bane force damage red slot with ghostbane weapon.

level 2 (we use xp stones to get to level 2)
cc crafted ring: feather fall, masters gift
cc crafted goggle: persuasion, true seeing
necklace of contemplation
cc heavy armor: eternal faith, sacred

Level 5:
scorched bracers
helm of frost
envenomed cloak
boots of corrosion
charged gauntlets
level 4 indomitable wrappings
level 4 ring of the buccaneer
pick up visor of flesh render guards x4

level 6: upgrade muckbanes to muckdooms

level 7: ravens talons, ravens sight, raise dead scrolls

level 8: slavers gear. I get a executioners helm, a crafted cha str and con. nightforge avenger blades here as well. use these as main weapons till 20.

level 9: plainer gird, heal scrolls.

level 10: ravenloft gear. i just put an avenger set and a con/str/cha item. swap turning necklace for undead.

level 11 save goggles and bracers for heroic shroud items, one for hp/dust and one for sp/cha skills. resurrection scrolls

level 13: upgraded ring of lies.

level 15: ring of the stalker, canith craft +8 enh/+3 insightful stats for con/cha/str keep avenger set till level 21 (wait on this now due to sharn gear being 15 for heroic.

level 17 golden guile and ring of prowess swap.

level 21 fully custom gear set

helm: intimidate, resistance, ins physical sheltering
goggle: seeker, true seeing, ins. seeker
neck: epic golden guile
cloak: mysterious cloak
bracers: str, dodge, sheltering
gloves: doublestrike, heal amp, insightful devotion
belt: con, false life, insightful con
boots: flightfoot greaves
ringstatic: ring of prowess
ringswap: cha, devotion, ins cha
trinket: dex, melee alacrity, ins deadly
armor: black dragon light armor (this is level 15 but i upgrade to the epic stuff at 25)
weapon: 2x oathblade

use this set until you have upgraded raid loot available at lvl 26-28 and final gearset at lvl 29

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 11:12am
Print Post  
cluedout wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 9:20am:
I said I would make a post about gear and this is it.

gear to get from tr cache
jibbers, quiver of alacrity, bottle of mist, key to eveningstar, 20% xp pots, greater harper pin, ingredient, collectable, Gem and augment bags, remove curse, remove disease, lesser restore, neutralize poison, remove blindness potions, hood of unrest, mabar candy, elite spider cult mask, eternal fom and deathward pots, invisibility potions, +30 jump potions, str/cha yugo/rem pots, csw pots, cure wands, ranged weapon, 2x muckbanes,  maelstorm lvl 2 greataxe, crafted lawful outsider bane force damage red slot with ghostbane weapon.

level 2 (we use xp stones to get to level 2)
cc crafted ring: feather fall, masters gift
cc crafted goggle: persuasion, true seeing
necklace of contemplation
cc heavy armor: eternal faith, sacred

Level 5:
scorched bracers
helm of frost
envenomed cloak
boots of corrosion
charged gauntlets
level 4 indomitable wrappings
level 4 ring of the buccaneer
pick up visor of flesh render guards x4

level 6: upgrade muckbanes to muckdooms

level 7: ravens talons, ravens sight, raise dead scrolls

level 8: slavers gear. I get a executioners helm, a crafted cha str and con. nightforge avenger blades here as well. use these as main weapons till 20.

level 9: plainer gird, heal scrolls.

level 10: ravenloft gear. i just put an avenger set and a con/str/cha item. swap turning necklace for undead.

level 11 save goggles and bracers for heroic shroud items, one for hp/dust and one for sp/cha skills. resurrection scrolls

level 13: upgraded ring of lies.

level 15: ring of the stalker, canith craft +8 enh/+3 insightful stats for con/cha/str keep avenger set till level 21 (wait on this now due to sharn gear being 15 for heroic.

level 17 golden guile and ring of prowess swap.

level 21 fully custom gear set

Sadly a lot of the best early-level gear in there is no longer available(Maelstrom is now lvl 8, and that crazy good cosmetic mask was pre-order only Sad) but there's still a lot of good suggestions in there. Looks like I've got some farming to do Tongue

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Build review

12 ranger/6 Barb/2 cleric tempest str melee human racial life.

Build listed above.

This thing is nuts. Very versatile and survivable. We have 4 Dodge clickies to utilize on this build, from Barb uncanny Dodge, from ranger Dex to Max Dex/Dodge, from twists meld, from items, mabar hat. This along with 3000 hp/220 prr in reaper mode and an amazing healer and cc makes for an insane threat tank/heavy dps all the way to r10.

Can get to 106 str and 110 dire charge, big time crits can get to 15k and r1 raidboss beatdowns vs debuffed kt or baba can see numbers close to 2000 for base damage.

Main drawback is to-hit for this build, had to sacrifice the mist set for the insigtful to-hit ring on several bosses, 135 to hit fully self buffed. Saves not the greatest, mid 70's fort/will, low 80's for reflex.

Build uses t5 tempest core 4 deepwood/t4 killer. This was a test to see if more than 1 level of Barb was worth it, I simply cannot figure out how to make the enhancement points work. I still like it but would probably just go to 4 Barb to get uncanny Dodge next time and 14 ranger for csw. Other better dps option would be 18 ranger 1 cleric 1 barb for the core 5's from tempest and deelwood but I like that extra uncanny dodge alot.

Weapons are soulrazor and reflection of whelm, swap whelm for various lgs items depending on the needs, actually keep affirmation out alot for the extra heal amp., morninglord warhammer+ whelm for Skelly.

Gear is setup for str/con/Cha. Mist set, avenger set, shroud opp set, ring of prowess, house j rage chain str hat.

Swaps include bracers/hat for 4 additional dire charge dc, spell absorb swaps on trinket and cloak, extra Cha swaps on cloak and gloves for Devine might. Heal belt and heal trinket go to a heal mode and positive spellpower is around 700, along with  heal amp at 290 makes for great self healing in high reapers between fights, could also easily heal a tank if needed

Overall grade
Dps: A
R10 party capable: A
R4 solo capable: B
Raid capable: A, consider your dps/offtank spot good to go on R1 and below.

This is my build for sharn, I wanted something that could easily solo r1 Content for loot and be a high dps durable character for new raids. Mission success. In the coming 3 weeks I will level up my third string character and prepare him for new legendary content as well for raid/ransack timers

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 8th, 2019 at 7:11pm:
Are you willing to spring for +1 hearts to combine class/iconic PLs? That opens up a few more options.

Can you expand on this?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Apr 25th, 2019 at 4:59pm:
Can you expand on this?

Iconic Heroes start at lvl 15 but have 1 starting level be a specific class(For example: the Bladeforged is always lvl 1 paladin). The only way to not have at least 1 level is to use a +1 heart.

So let's say I wanted to play that Artificer 15/Fighter 4/Wizard 1 split but on a Bladeforged for whatever reason. I'd need to role the bladeforged and level to 15 taking only artificer and fighter levels; then take a +1 heart to the lifeshaper and swap the 1 paladin level for 1 wizard level.

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 7:56am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 25th, 2019 at 6:21pm:
Iconic Heroes start at lvl 15 but have 1 starting level be a specific class(For example: the Bladeforged is always lvl 1 paladin). The only way to not have at least 1 level is to use a +1 heart.

So let's say I wanted to play that Artificer 15/Fighter 4/Wizard 1 split but on a Bladeforged for whatever reason. I'd need to role the bladeforged and level to 15 taking only artificer and fighter levels; then take a +1 heart to the lifeshaper and swap the 1 paladin level for 1 wizard level.

Yes I was just wondering about the "doubling up" on past lives thing, wondered if I had missed something haha.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Vtec wrote on Apr 26th, 2019 at 7:56am:
Yes I was just wondering about the "doubling up" on past lives thing, wondered if I had missed something haha.

You get an Iconic past life regardless, and you get the heroic past life as well. But if the level split you want doesnt support the right Iconic, you can use a +1 heart.

So for example if you want the Bladeforged PL but need to do a lvl split that doesn't include Paladin, use a +1 heart to get out of the paladin class level.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint