Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) What should I do next. (Read 7238 times)
cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Re: What should I do next.
Reply #25 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
hey guys, been playing hard since sharn came out, update on progress

sharn got delayed, ended up running an elf racial and just did pure ranger. tempest rangers destroy in DPS and with my greensteel hp set i can get to 3000+ hp in reaper with my reaper points. i got reaper wings this life. so, I end up threat tanking and can hold with all the players i normally play with.

DPS on a pure ranger was around 20k the way i played it, tested with bruntsmash on r1 note t his is without full debuffs, and blitz only starting at 5 on my best run and dust stacked after the first 1 second or so. dps in a raid vs a fully debuffed boss and me able to run a non dust weapon is easily over 30k with base hits over 1500 and 19/20 crits over 12k and the doublestrike and offhand doublestrike of a pure ranger is insane.

lots of ranger spells and with gear swaps makes a capable healer and can swap to bow when range dps is needed too.

farmed sharn for about 2.5-3 weeks. pulled all the things, ran a few normal 2h2h with CE/LD on khyber. and hosted one of my own that just brute forced it with superdps.

got tired of just pure ranger, still having to hit issues untill geared with sharn. sharn gearing on STR base sucks badly, giving up too much for another little bit of to-hit and dps.

gear set is
str artifact
melee dps sharn set
van richtens goggles
ravenkind echo trinket
mantle of fury cloak
ghostly boots with cha9
vistani fighter sash
slavers ring to cleanup whatever you need/ sharn deception
umber brim helm

fort bypass takes a huge hit (on top of everything in sharn having 100 fort and undead/construct having 200% fort) cant wear LGS set for general use, overall crappy crappy crappy.

best weapons looks like the raid axe with dust or maybe just 2 raid axes if somone else is dusting

well got tired of farming sharn and went back to past lives.

did 3 shadur-kai
1: 8/6/6 pally ranger rog for a pally past life. crappy, TRed the day we hit 30
2: 18 arti/2 rog int bases inquisitor. inquisitor is not for me. i hated every moment of it but it was good for leveling but unless you are fully geared for it, its potental in high reaper is lackluster. melee dps is much much higher still have not tried a shury thrower yet, will update my opinion on range dps after that.
3: pure assasin rog. ended up with both ravenloft raid daggers so gave this a shot. good dps but not as good as ranger, assasinate ability is nice. overall fun toon, will run again when i get board of casters again because....

back to racial, party was compatible with a caster build again so pure sorc teifling. Fire/DC spec, just TR'ed last night so only level 5,  high damage output compared to the last time i ran sorc and with teifling scorch removing fire immunity its a game changer. dont have to have any spells besides fire for leveling, amazing, need to create a low level ability like that for all elemental specs. a sorc savant tree makeover is overdue i think and should throw a heap of max caster level and lower level immunity stripping ability

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #26 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:47am
Print Post  
cluedout wrote on Jun 15th, 2019 at 5:16pm:
undead/construct having 200% fort

Huh

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #27 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:47am:
Huh

seeing VERY few crits on the constructs and undead in sharn I may be off but i dont think so. I don't have the willpower or time to test. Please prove me wrong if you have the time

fort bypass for my ranger 20. tempest/deepwood

25 precision
33 family neck
10 advanced sneak attack (deepwood stalker core) (no mark of the hunted as not enough RAP)
15 grim precision
10 sharn part of the family set
5 guild buffs

98 total. helped by party members using falconry or destruction or jade tomb or what have you

also overwhelming stealer of souls from soulrazor on monsters that last more than 10 hits for another -10 fort party wide

my favorite dps build that I have done and would be great in sharn is a 12 fighter 6 ranger 2 cleric.

you get t5 tempest and t4 kensai, extra action boots ect. along with power surge and shattering strike and improved destruction on attack. this allows for a better fortification bypass as well as a much better prr/mrr due to heavy armor and a much higher dire charge DC as well as cha modifier to STR from cleric and str domain. this along with a high intimidate will allow the tanking of most quest bosses even on high reaper if you have a half decent healer around. saves a full tank spot and instead have a heavy dps. have tanked r1 lord of blades in killing time several times with this setup and is very fun to use. plenty of attack clicks to keep you busy and so on.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:26am
Print Post  
cluedout wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 8:03pm:
seeing VERY few crits on the constructs and undead in sharn I may be off but i dont think so.

So you just made up a number?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #29 - Jun 25th, 2019 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:26am:
So you just made up a number?

so on sharn monsters that are fleashy. in reaper mode as thats all i play i get a crit every time i roll a crit.

vs undead or construct mobs in reaper sharn, i get critical hit resisted in the combat log more often then not.

i dont have a way of really tacking down what the fort on the monster is but in my groups we have someone throwing improved destruction, me with a soulrazor and on that life someone wisdom based in falcon. When the falcon -50% fort went off I saw a definite improvement in the number of crits that went off. However I still saw a few critical hit resisted logs in the combat log, this would lead me to believe that with an additional 50-75% fort bypass we are back in the range of getting good crits but not perfect. This leads me to estimate that at least on boss monsters that last long enough to test on, they have 200% fortification. Or there is a bug with the way my fortification bypass is stacking or whatever. like I said, I don't have the willpower to test with a bunch of different fort bypass values requiring 3-4 people to help me out lowering the fort of a monster that lasts long enough to test against. All I have is an educated guess. If you can get your group of friends to all log into a specific fort bypassing spec to help you test monster fortification I would thank you for getting me an exact number to shoot for in my groups.

as far as all monsters having 100% fortification, its harder for me to test that as my character has 100% fortification bypass after the first 2 hits with soulrazor due to having close to 100% doublestrike. I just copied that from something that i heard from another person in game that was having trouble critting regular monsters in sharn reaper but had very low fortification bypass maybe he had to-hit/seeker issues as well, i don't know for sure. he was gimpy. But stated his to-hit was 110 (low) and had a seeker 19 item on when I asked about gear. (rage chain str hat)

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 25th, 2019 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
You could also just be grazing against their armor class. Not beating their AC results in a failure to confirm the critical. And rolls of 1 are auto-fails.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 10:32am
Print Post  
All of my characters that have 100% fort bypass do not get sneak attacks negated. Much easier to tell that way. Long block of uninterrupted sneak attacks in the combat log, even on grazes.

I think Nubbinns is right, you are probably failing to confirm.

It would be nice to have someone like Rodrak look into it though.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2019 at 10:34am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Rodrak hasn't posted in 4 years and hasn't logged in for 3.  No one since has demonstrated a similar skillset around the insightful client/network analysis he did.  Unless he shared his tools with someone before he left, we're shit out of luck.

There's an old tool floating around that allows you to dump the DDO combat log to a file.  That would be the first step in getting real combat data sets.  But then we'd need a tool like https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ but no one gives enough shits to make that happen for DDO.  Remember, this is the same community that had it's arms up in rebellion about MyDDO being used to exclude crap geared toons from raids.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 11:31am:
Remember, this is the same community that had it's arms up in rebellion about MyDDO being used to exclude crap geared toons from raids

you tryna say my Cannith Boots of Propulsion weren't best in slot????

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 11:50am:
you tryna say my Cannith Boots of Propulsion weren't best in slot????

Maybe if you were winging over invisible Shroud walls. >.>

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #35 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 11:31am:
Rodrak hasn't posted in 4 years and hasn't logged in for 3.  No one since has demonstrated a similar skillset around the insightful client/network analysis he did.  Unless he shared his tools with someone before he left, we're shit out of luck.

I'm not expecting him to come back. But I remember hearing others claim to be able to do what he did. Supposedly all of that data is stored client-side and you just need to be able to decompile it. Then you could just ctrl+f [mob name] and directly look up its fortification in the stat block.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2019 at 12:32pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #36 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 25th, 2019 at 6:12pm:
You could also just be grazing against their armor class. Not beating their AC results in a failure to confirm the critical. And rolls of 1 are auto-fails.

5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 10:32am:
All of my characters that have 100% fort bypass do not get sneak attacks negated. Much easier to tell that way. Long block of uninterrupted sneak attacks in the combat log, even on grazes.

This is true, my sneak attacks were going off the whole time as well. Is the to-hit really that high in sharn? I was sitting at 165 to hit standing out of reaper and the rolls to confirm crit were above +200. ah well yet another reason a heavy fighter split is better now, another bunch of to-hit.

I've moved back to a sorc for the time being so my testing capabilities are gone for awhile. I will do some testing when I am back on a melee kick in a few months. Hopefully will have a sharn raid electric axe by then.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #37 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
well im well into a sorc life at the moment and doing a round of r10's with my guild. lets take a look at a real reaper 10 sorc

race: the one with a tail
class: sorc 20 epic 10

str:10
dex:10
con:14
int:12
wis:14
cha:20+levelups

feats:

1:quicken
3:maximize
6:past life wizard
9:enlarge
12:spell focus enchant
15:spell penetration
18:heighten
21:wellspring of power (swap with completionist if you have it)
24:embolden
26:electric spell power
27:burst of glacial wrath (great cc and evocation based)
28:mass frog (this works great on undead and constructs in sharn and ravenloft even without max wisdom)
29:arcane pulse (swap this out for something else, dire charge?)
30:intensify
30:scion of feywild

enhancements
43 electric savant
31 ek (t5 for 2 second deflect arrows)
rest in racial for some spell crit and resistances

ED: exalted angel max cha, take rebuke, take spell pen. divine wrath for extra heals or reborn in light for soloing.

twist
meld
spell pen
enchant dc
cocoon
energy sheath

spells. mass hold, dancing ball, mind fog, finger of death, wail of the banshee, thunderstroke, sunburst, glitterdust, displace, magic missile, chain lightning, ball lightning, lightning bolt, knock. whatever else you want from there.

gear setup. sharn stuff
flamecleansed fury set. bracers/cloak/armor
shattered onyx with +10 insightful cha
satin belt with +5 quality cha (swap with ravenloft belt for bosses)
arcsteel brim
collective sight con of insightful con

artifact neck cha

raid items
bluescale glides (swap with arcane soldier when spell pen needed or for bosses)
clouded dreams

greensteel boots lots of swapping here, got skills +33, and electric spell crit damage

items
slave lords trinket with wisdom, quality wisdom, resistance 14, spellcraft +22

weapons. lightning coil
offhand: LGS ash and dust, mistfallen orb when clouded dreams is swapped out. or a shield when tanking.

filigree spots: 11
4 ottos
4 eye
1 +2 cha raid
2 +1 cha rare with mrr

skills
umd
intimidate
spellcraft
concentration
1 point to tumble.
rest into search (swapping in an int item and to greensteel t2 +33 int boots will get search above 90. this is all you need to search for hidden doors.)

sitting at 112 cha in reaper unbuffed, add yugo, rem, bard song, ect

113 enchant DC
108 necro DC
113 evocation DC

hp ~2200 in reaper (this is low. with a 2 piece GS and as an aasimar i could get 2800 in reaper which seems much nicer to me.)

prr180 mrr 150. I survived a divine wrath on r10 grim. seems good.

boss fights: cast mm to stack dust to 5 with 4sp. swap to ash, unmettad lightning bolt on cooldown with maximize, intensify, quicken on thunderstroke. swap from ash to dust every few seconds to keep stacks up. add electric dot if the boss lasts more than 1 minute. air sorc applies vulnerability on electric spell cast so you are the groups duster, vuln proccer, and asher. if your cleric/fvs/wlk does not have rebuke, add that in as well with an eternal wand of finger of fire. belive me, 25% more party damage is way way more than thunderstroke every 7 seconds on r10 bosses

low reaper trash: hold groups, chain lightning and ball lightning, finger casters, wail sometimes if there's lots of archers/casters.

high reaper trash. you are a cc/instakiller. hold monster, dancing ball, finger casters, fts deathwarded stuff, charm only when appropriate (my group gets pissed when they cant kill things, even if its holding us back by only a couple seconds.), only use thunderstroke and only on reapers due to low hp. your big ass spell that hits for 15-30k on r1 now hits for 900-1500 ~2000 when fully debuffed on r10. dont even bother.

950 electric spellpower
80% crit
30 crit multi

Overall grade,
Dps: Arcane caster. great on r1 terribad on r10
R10 party capable:A
R4 solo capable:A
Raid capable:A able to hit all required DC's and achieve all arcane caster rolls in all raids. kite shadows in kt, take out crystal in shroud, kill/cc trash/skulls in 2h2h

this is a very basic build. the past lives that i have that matter are half elf/dragonborn/3x sorc/3x wis/3x fvs/epic completionist. this is a great build to stick a character on and leave at cap. can run r1's to farm gear solo all day long and with ease. not a huge raid gear/ past life requirement and can also farm reaper points with high reaper groups and not feel like a non-contributor. it is also a great build to stick on a full completionist character and have even more DC/hp and tanking ability, ideally as an aasimar.

IP Logged

UnknownBuilder
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
cluedout wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:30pm:
lets take a look at a real reaper 10 sorc

Complete garbage my build is better
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2019 at 6:58pm by UnknownBuilder »  

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #39 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
UnknownBuilder wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 6:58pm:
Complete garbage my build is better

hi unknown builder, please provide links to videos of you running your sorc on reaper 10 effectively.

The sorc in your post is a r1-r3 zerger. Damage drops off too much to be effective in r10 even by a little bit. To have an effective r10 sorc you need to spec into enchant DC or Necro DC or preferably, both. You have specced into evocation DC which is great for low skull zerging. I'm not taking anything away from your build, it is great at low skull, even better than mine, but you are one high motherfucker if you think an evocation specced sorc is going to be an effective addition to a reaper 10 group.

also, since i have your attention, i dont think you are a sock, or troll or whatever, i think you are an individual that would like to create great builds and get great feedback on them. but as you have come off as a copying turd, people treat you like a copying turd. look around on these forums and look at the threads that have successfully done this. especially the my shitty tempest thread. the dude posted a build with some good details and then posted a video. now its got pages and pages of feedback and has even been kept up to date for like year worth of content updates.

currently there is 0 proof whatsoever that you even play the game. pleanty of people think that you are some internet troll here and just post for the pleasure of calling people beta males. i think otherwise. i think you are a player that has been playing for about 1000-2000 hours and want to break into the endgame of running high reaper with a good group. this takes relationship building and player skill, and decent gear with a cookie cutter build. everyone can develop player skills, i have taken many many people threw their first ever r10 quests that thought they could never do it and now i have a great group of reliable people that I can call upon to fill a group whenever i want. im sure you know the better guilds on your server, send some of their members a tell saying that if they have a spare slot to invite you for a round of high reapers just to get some experience. if you dont come off as a know-it-all asshole you might get invited back the next time they have a spare slot.

the people that create these great threads, provide the basic details of the build, not in planner format, in easy to read format, and then detail what you can expect from the build. they dont just copy some build off the motherboards or reddit and make a few build changes and then not put any details about what you should expect your prr/mrr melee power/range power, spell DC's combat DC's or anything related to that would be.

if the build is deemed worthy, usually by proof of video then people might get really interested in what you have and pick it apart and the guys on these forums like rubbins that really know this game inside and out will come make it better.

the reason nobody likes you is that you post a cookie cutter build with no further details or even a description of what it does and present it like its the next coming of Christ and proceed to curse out anyone that gives it criticism

what I would recommend you do, is actually run a build that you think is the best and then post some screenshots of the xp report with your name edited out (believe me if some of the people on these forums knew your in game name you would be harassed to no end so that part is very important) but with actual info on what the numbers are for your best ever reaper build. and then take the criticism and say thank you knowing that next time your respect, you will be doing even more damage than you thought possible, or have a higher dc or have more hp

you have 0 credibility. make some.

If you want to make a lot of builds, consolidate it all into 1 thread (like this one) so as not to clutter up the build section with builds that any one of us could come up with in our sleep. you have driven some people to make scripts that remove your threads from their view because of this.

the Sorc build posted above IS capable of contributing to an r10 group. See below. now lets see yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATT5vZpVss&feature=youtu.be
https://youtu.be/QMqrfT8NweM
https://youtu.be/XdYpfpiJ6Ow
https://youtu.be/WA0WC09yypo
https://youtu.be/haMT8aYg_ig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZEiLThN04&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vihSUAOKkjY&feature=youtu.be

(all unedited sorry for the mic breathing and being able to hear key presses and whatnot. unlisted cause the quality sucks. Generally used for internal guild use only)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint