Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to tell if you suck (Read 29965 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

How to tell if you suck
Jul 23rd, 2019 at 10:38am
Print Post  
File this under pointless downtime drama for the sake of drama and don’t take it too seriously.  On the other hand – you probably should take it seriously.

One thing I’ve noticed in the other threads is there seems to be an inability for some people to be able to distinguish between a good player and a player with a powerful toon.  Really it comes down between the differences between a good driver vs. a driver in the most expensive, fastest car.

These are not the same thing.

I do not consider myself a pro player and God only knows I’m sure as hell not in a pro level guild.  I’m by far not the best player on my server and I can’t even claim to be the best player in my own guild.

But I’m ok and I’ll tell you what I can do:  I can take a 1st life alt with no reaper points and solo every quest in the game (that doesn’t need multiple levers pulled) on r1 through heroics.  With a toon that has half a dozen past lives (and that’s ate some tomes) I can solo everything in epics through the Storm Horns.  Give me the same toon with at least 25 reaper points and I can now solo through RL (I’m not going to fly through and I might die a few times in a few quests, but I can pull it off).

A lot of this list will be my own petty annoyances, but I have to admit: I am fed the fuck up with some of these so called pro players from so called pro guilds bragging their way through easy content while forcing me to burn through stacks of rez scrolls because either their alts suck more ass than…something that sucks a lot of ass, or because their performances are total shit as soon as you take their reaper points away.

So here’s a nice guide to tell if you suck and how much you suck.

The Math -

The math is nice and easy.  We’re on a sliding scale of 1-100 of how much ass some people suck at this game with 100 being the most amount of ass you can fit in your mouth and 1 being a nice, small, reasonable bite of buttocks.

Add your points and divide by 3.  Add one point for every past life, one for every epic past life, one for every racial past life, one for every iconic past life and (most importantly) one for every reaper point.  Take your total and divide by 3.  I’m going to give a list of very reasonable examples and if any of these things have ever happened to you – look at your number to know how badly you suck.

And tying into the 1st point – the number of your best toon counts against all your other toons.  If your strongest toon has an 80 number and one of the examples happens to you repeatedly on your alt – the big number still counts.
Which brings us to the TL;DR short list example of how to tell if you suck:

#1.  If your alt sucks, you suck.  And I’m not talking about not able to run R10 or dying a few more times than everyone else on R6.  But if your alt sucks up a basic R1 run that should be an easy solo, if your alt dies a lot in EE, if your alt is basically just doing a long run pike, you suck as a player.  You should consider switching to playing Candy Crush or drinking bleach.  I don’t care which.

I don’t care how good your (read: how many reaper points) your primary toon has.  If you’re sucking up my run because as soon as you get out of that fast car into something more challenging, you have to survive on gear, build and skill alone.  Your alt shows how good you are at this game and a shitty alt shows how much you suck at this game.

Not even going to call the guild I have in mind out on this one – but for such a high profile player, I suspect your guild is nothing but your own shitty alts.  And for someone who plays their alts more than their prime, it’s not like they’re that weak any more.  Yeah, your prime has some serious reaper points – but you are one of the shittiest players on the server.  Your alts suck big time.

#2.  If you die in EE, look at your number because that’s how much you suck.  I’m not talking about extreme cases like being one shot in Precious Cargo or bad lag related deaths (where the whole party locks up and you can’t even tell if you’re alive or not).  I’m talking quick, EE runs for sagas.  If you think reaper is easier than EE, you’re not a good player.  You just have a lot of reaper points.

#3.  If you die in EN you suck beyond words.  If I have to walk back and rez your fucking ass because you died in a fucking dailies run of all things, you suck beyond belief.  I don’t care if you normally run mid reaper, I don’t care if you can group in R10, I don’t care if you can fucking solo R10.  As soon as I have to walk back with a scroll in hand if fucking EN, all my respect for you is lost.

There is absolutely nothing in EN that should be able to kill a decent player.  Ever.  And I have rezed some of the supposed top players on the server multiple times on dailies runs.

Bonus points:  for every level you are above the quest level – double your level of suckyness.  So if you’re a triple everything completionist with wings at level 24 in a level 21 fucking dailies run and you die (fucking multiple times, I’m glad your guild has a really gay name instead of the badass one you used to have), you should be looking at a number well beyond 100.  If you’re dinging multiple times in a fucking dailies, your level of suckyness is well off the charts.

#4.  If you die in a wilderness area - you probably suck.  To be fair, that was Carl.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard Carl brag or claim to be a pro-level player regardless of what guild he’s in.  Plus his name makes me laugh.  I’m going to give that one a pass.

#5.  If you lead the death count but are last on the kill count on an R1 run – you probably suck.   Most quests you really shouldn’t be dying at all on pussy reaper, but I don’t judge that hard.  Plus the number is important here.  3 past lives and 12 reaper points?  Your suck scale is only at a 5, don’t take it hard.

But wings, triple compleionist everything and you had a death count of 5 and a kill count of 10?  You’ve earned that 97 score of sucking, because your build sucks, your gear sucks and you suck at playing your toon.

#6.  You complain other people aren’t killing everything for you fast enough because your toon sucks too much to push ahead without dying.  You suck.  If speed is that important to you, stick to a low difficulty you can handle on your own.

#7.  If you’re always trying to argue your way into groups you’re over level for – you suck.  Ok, I don’t think any of the supposed pros do this.  That’s more of the not so good casuals wanting to get into a reaper group and fuck everyone else’s XP up because they can’t run a fucking quest they’re 2, 4, or 6 levels above.  They need a reminder that they kind of suck.

But if you’re accepted by accident and asked nicely to leave then cause a fuss about it – you don’t just suck, you’re a failure as a human being. 

Speaking of which:

#8.  If you lock out other people’s reaper groups – you are a fucking piece of shit and should drink bleach.  I’m not talking “got wife aggro and had to quit quickly and recalled without thinking,” and I’m not talking the honest “I did not know that’s”.  I’m talking fucking “pro” players who fucking know better that rage quit because their alts suck ass and they’re whining that someone else isn’t killing everything fast enough for them.

Seriously man, you're a fucking douche.  You’re a shit player with shit alts and a shit personality to boot.

#9.  Can’t run the quest on EE or R1 because your glass cannon build needs someone in front of you to suck up the damage while you snipe all the easy kills?  You suck.  I soloed that quest on reaper an hour ago.  Don’t beg me to help you run it then brag about your kill count when all you did was stand behind me and snipe kills.

#10.  It’s quicker to run past mobs then destroy them? You suck.  I have to remind you that part of the point of the dailies is the XP?  You suck.  Sorry, but if you can’t kill every single thing in a dailies run just as quickly as you can run through it – you suck.

90% certain it was the same guy from #9.  Same guild.

#11.  Your blue bar is gone literally a minute after starting a quest because you’re trying to instant kill every weak mob that doesn’t need instant killing?  You suck.

#12.  Standing at the boss fight with no spell points?  You suck.  Standing at the boss fight with no spell points because you blow through your bar by leaping down the hall every 4 fucking seconds?  Double your score.  If you can’t put the connection between your empty blue bar and the fact that 10 spell points every 3 to 4 seconds really adds up?  Not only do you suck, you’re kind of stupid.

#13.  Standing at a boss fight with no spell points and not healing the melees that are doing all the work to complete the quest?  You suck and are possibly a douche.

#14.  Playing a divine class and not being able to self-heal?  You suck and are possibly not that bright.  Bonus points:  running Baba as a cleric and the only deaths are on your side because the arcanes on the other side are keeping their melees alive.  You didn’t notice because you’re too busy trying to rack up your kill count.  You suck and are kind of a douche.

#15.  Rolling for everything in a raid on your fucking alt of all things?  Yeah, this doesn’t fall into a quantifiable measurement of a player’s skills – but it’s a douche move and you suck for it.

#16.  Sucking up all the lost souls when you have the lowest kill count or sucking up all the lost souls when your bar is almost full – you suck.  Don’t get me wrong, if I’m doing all the work in a weak party, as far as I’m concerned, all the lost souls are mine.  But in a higher difficulty with someone with a stronger toon carrying us?  Yeah, I’m not touching a single one.  Part of being a decent player is knowing when helping yourself isn’t really helping yourself.

So, there you have it.  Hope it gives you a little reflection and you take the time to suck less Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2019 at 12:26pm by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: How to tell if you suck
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2019 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Closing thought.  One day someone is really going to have to explain to me why soloing the easy quest on R10 that everyone runs daily because it's so fucking quick and easy to run has become the measurement of reaper badassness.

I can think of a dozen quests in the game that if someone soloed on reaper 10 at level, I would be impressed.  Fucking Grims is not one of them.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2019 at 11:17am
Print Post  
You suck.

Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2019 at 11:18am by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2019 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 23rd, 2019 at 11:17am:
You suck.

Over an hour I worked on that list.  I don't know if I suck, but sometimes I suspect my priorities might not be in order  Undecided

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2019 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
But, how do I calculate how much I suck if I suck at doing the math of how much I suck?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #5 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:36am
Print Post  
I agree very much, but when I quit 6 months ago not many people could solo an r10. Even if it was the easiest of them.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 11:14am
Print Post  
How to tell you suck : you wake up with a cock in your mouth.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2019 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Solid points.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:36am:
not many people could solo an r10. Even if it was the easiest of them.

Only quests I have seen solo R10 on a melee is Grim, Madness of Crowds and Lost at Sea. Of those, Grim is the harder one because it forces you to interact more with the numerous hallways of mobs, and boss fight that has an unevadable, light damage spell that goes against your will save.

Skoodge wrote on Jul 23rd, 2019 at 10:54am:
reaper 10 at level, I would be impressed.  Fucking Grims is not one of them.

do you even realize how many melees have done it? Give you a hint. less than 2 more than 0. it is still harder on a maxed character than a non-maxed character doing ee or r1.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 7:26pm:
do you even realize how many melees have done it? Give you a hint. less than 2 more than 0. it is still harder on a maxed character than a non-maxed character doing ee or r1. 

Yep.  R7 is the cutoff for most melee, since they get one shot by the divine wrath. It hasn't been for lack of trying. 

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Disagree on 4, try out necro slayers on firstlifer without ED ans tomes :b just first lag and/or liche charge and gg :/ still possible to run on some builds though

Rest points make sense

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 7:59am:
Disagree on 4, try out necro slayers on firstlifer without ED ans tomes :b just first lag and/or liche charge and gg :/ still possible to run on some builds though

In retrospect (since it was mostly a joke), instead of calling it how to calculate your suck level, I should've been pitching a power rating system to compare the power of toons - and that absolutely should have included tomes.

So the math should be to add
HPLs
EPLs
IPLs
RPls
Reaper points
divide that number by 3
Then add up all the tomes you've ate and divide that by 6 (which is being very, very generous.  It'll add 8 points to your total max).  Or just add the number of your supreme tome and skip the math.

Throws the math off a bit and with the upcoming new epic destinies, the scale is going to be closer to 1-110, but it still gives you a rough idea of the advantage one toon has over another.

10 years ago when I had a power level of 0, I didn't know the jump point in the Vale and ran completely around that hill, drawing the aggro of every mob in the Vale.  The group of also newbs stood up top and watched me die.

But I had a power/suck level of 0.

Someone in a 'pro' guild with a power/suck level of 70-80 dying in the Orchard?  That number is a fairly accurate description of how badly they suck Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2019 at 10:01am by Skoodge »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 7:26pm:
Only quests I have seen solo R10 on a melee is Grim, Madness of Crowds and Lost at Sea. Of those, Grim is the harder one because it forces you to interact more with the numerous hallways of mobs, and boss fight that has an unevadable, light damage spell that goes against your will save.

I and im sure many others have done mists

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #13 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 10:00am:
In retrospect (since it was mostly a joke), instead of calling it how to calculate your suck level, I should've been pitching a power rating system to compare the power of toons - and that absolutely should have included tomes.

So the math should be to add
HPLs
EPLs
IPLs
RPls
Reaper points
divide that number by 3
Then add up all the tomes you've ate and divide that by 6 (which is being very, very generous.  It'll add 8 points to your total max).  Or just add the number of your supreme tome and skip the math.

Throws the math off a bit and with the upcoming new epic destinies, the scale is going to be closer to 1-110, but it still gives you a rough idea of the advantage one toon has over another.

10 years ago when I had a power level of 0, I didn't know the jump point in the Vale and ran completely around that hill, drawing the aggro of every mob in the Vale.  The group of also newbs stood up top and watched me die.

But I had a power/suck level of 0.

Someone in a 'pro' guild with a power/suck level of 70-80 dying in the Orchard?  That number is a fairly accurate description of how badly they suck Wink

So I suck a lil on my alt and dont suck at all on main, sounds about right Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint