Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 10% VIP bonus XP (Read 2567 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

10% VIP bonus XP
Jul 9th, 2020 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
That's the specific bonus weekend that stacks with the various Otto's boxes.

If anyone has legitimately purchased heroic Ottos boxes sitting in their inventory, this is the time to use them.  Obviously, if you suspect that you might have accidentally bought an Otto's Box from a duper, you'll want to just discard that from your inventory instead of cheating SSG out of the hard earned cash that they so richly deserve.

2 Million XP
+50% Sovereign potion
+10% VIP
+10% extra VIP weekend
+5% ship
+5% voice of the master/Master's Gift augment on some ML 1 goggles
=3.6 million XP with just 200k left for the heroic life.  That's like 2 Litanies, a Mirror Darkly and a Sane Asylum and you're done.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2020 at 5:15pm by NOTpopejubal »  

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: 10% VIP bonus XP
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jul 9th, 2020 at 5:14pm:

If anyone has legitimately purchased heroic Ottos boxes sitting in their inventory, this is the time to use them.  Obviously, if you suspect that you might have accidentally bought an Otto's Box from a duper, you'll want to just discard that from your inventory instead of cheating SSG out of the hard earned cash that they so richly deserve.

2 Million XP
+50% Sovereign potion
+10% VIP
+10% extra VIP weekend
+5% ship
=3.6 million XP with just 200k left for the heroic life.  That's like 2 Litanies, a Mirror Darkly and a Sane Asylum and you're done.

Dang it Pope. This is bad timing. Why can't you make it the next weekend?!

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:06pm
Print Post  

2 Million XP
+50% Sovereign potion
+10% VIP
+10% extra VIP weekend
+5% ship

So, wait, it only stacks if the master's gift is in goggles? That sucks.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:06pm:

Not sure if you're retarded or just a bit slow today?

It works in any slot.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:09pm:
Not sure if you're retarded or just a bit slow today?

It works in any slot.

Yes I know I was being sarcastic. A bit too subtle?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:06pm:

I just like goggles because a nice set of ML1 True Seeing goggles of Blindness Ward or of Persuasion is something nice for any class and any race. I slap the goggles on and I don't replace them for a long, long time because what else am I going to use at low levels on Goggles slot?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:57pm:
I just like goggles because a nice set of ML1 True Seeing goggles of Blindness Ward or of Persuasion is something nice for any class and any race. I slap the goggles on and I don't replace them for a long, long time because what else am I going to use at low levels on Goggles slot?

yeah i know, i have similar goggles. for masters gift i like a ring but its dealer's choice. i mainly play iconics/late herics and ring has been a more open slot.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 9th, 2020 at 8:17pm:
Yes I know I was being sarcastic. A bit too subtle?

I'll have you know we only dabble in Irony good sir... while the poor and disenfranchised must settle for Tinny and Bronzey...

GOOD DAY!

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
that they so richly deserve.

And what about what we deserve.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2020 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Bonus is already in effect. Coulda done another life this evening had I not stupidly decided to play Artificer again. 88k in 2 hours... makes me feel bad. Going to hammer out a few over the weekend, focusing on the uglier races.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2020 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Sounds like a honey trap to me...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Jul 10th, 2020 at 9:49am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 10th, 2020 at 1:46am:
Bonus is already in effect. Coulda done another life this evening had I not stupidly decided to play Artificer again. 88k in 2 hours... makes me feel bad. Going to hammer out a few over the weekend, focusing on the uglier races.

This is what I do.  I hate playing halflings and gnomes.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Jul 10th, 2020 at 10:35am
Print Post  
I actually enjoyed being a halfling and am looking forward to gnomes, but sun elves? someone hit them with the ugly stick and they went back for seconds.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2020 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
I’m playing a halfling str-based tempest ranger atm cuz fuck sensibility!
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2020 at 1:57pm by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2020 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jul 10th, 2020 at 1:56pm:
I’m playing a halfling str-based tempest ranger atm cuz fuck sensibility!

That's the spirit!

I'm planning a gnome undead paladin myself.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 2:33am
Print Post  
When's the bonus end, exactly? It can't have been a "weekend" since it started on a friday...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Yeah its over. Gonna miss that extra 200k....

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #17 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Yeah.  But assuming a sov pot, 1 run through Sharn saga will cap you if you have the masters gift when you pop the xp token from a box.

If you need anything else, members only in docks and/or safety in numbers are fast.

BTW, I Find elec sorc fastest overall (for heroics). Chain lightning is really nice and wind dance is super helpful. Also a like lightning bolt a touch better than fireball.

Your dcs just have to be good. I prioritized my charisma racials for that as well. But, I use charms, holds, fingers, and PKs a lot. Sharn welcome can be completed with charms and the boss fight. Charm + wind dance is my go to in there. Skip the shrine.

Chain lightning is more forgiving on grouping trash than fireball. Speeds things slightly.

Same old song—again wind dance gets you to the groups faster as you have to travel back and forth, etc. On Reach for the sky, you can skip some more of the hover points. Small things that add up to maybe 10% faster.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:47pm by Head-Meat »  

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 3:38pm:
Yeah.  But assuming a sov pot, 1 run through Sharn saga will cap you if you have the masters gift when you pop the xp token from a box.

My problem here is the rest of the chain is gated by two garbage quests: Best Laid Plans and Just Buisness. They aren't *hard* per se, I just hate them enough that I'd rather go do nearly anything else.

Last week, before the bonus weekend when I needed 400k, I did cogs saga skipping 1 quest for VIP(not sure if you can skip 2, 1 for VIP and 1 for shards) and that was a lot of fun. I love every quest in that saga except fucking Smash and Burn(why is the very worst quest in the entire cogs also the closest to the entrance?)

If you need anything else, members only in docks and/or safety in numbers are fast.

I have discovered that when R+ing it you need to stop and kill most of the mobs on Safety in Numbers, otherwise the red alert WILL kill you in the end fight, but that doesn't slow it down that much for the amount of XP you get. Members Only is actually one of my favorite quests, so I'll run that one till my eyes bleed.

BTW, I Find elec sorc fastest overall (for heroics). Chain lightning is really nice and wind dance is super helpful. Also a like lightning bolt a touch better than fireball.

Your dcs just have to be good. I prioritized my charisma racials for that as well. But, I use charms, holds, fingers, and PKs a lot. Sharn welcome can be completed with charms and the boss fight. Charm + wind dance is my go to in there. Skip the shrine.

Chain lightning is more forgiving on grouping trash than fireball. Speeds things slightly.

Same old song—again wind dance gets you to the groups faster as you have to travel back and forth, etc. On Reach for the sky, you can skip some more of the hover points. Small things that add up to maybe 10% faster.

Interesting, will have to give that a shot. I haven't played electiric on a TR; my elecsorc was a first-life iconic with no tomes and he suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I've personally been really enjoying smashing faces with spamed meteor swarm. Do you have 3 stacks of Arcane Alacrity? Having that active made a lot of difference for me.

Since I have to hold off serial TRs while I build a reserve of tokens, I opted to TR into Tiefling and play at cap for a while(lets me actually enjoy the character I'm putting all this work into). Once I have enough tokens I'll get back to it.

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #19 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
How quick are you folks getting your 400k?

I seem to be able to do it in about 100 minutes (according to XP pot counter) doing a smattering of old high reward quests, but I am recently returned after a few years break so I am not knowledgeable enough of the new quests to understand how they can be done quickly.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #20 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Goon wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 5:48pm:

I seem to be able to do it in about 100 minutes (according to XP pot counter) doing a smattering of old high reward quests, but I am recently returned after a few years break so I am not knowledgeable enough of the new quests to understand how they can be done quickly.

I haven't been able to run a fully-efficient life yet. I pug, and it seems like it always becomes inefficient. Someone will need to run something I don't need, and I will, etc.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2020 at 8:15pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Goon wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 5:48pm:

I haven't optimized the 400k lives yet(and honestly don't expect to). The 200k lives I got down to a science, but for 400k I just sit back and enjoy playing for a bit, run whatever I feel like, etc. 100 minutes sounds about right, I was turning 200k in 47 minutes or so, but there's a lot of quests I fuckin hate.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #22 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
“but there's a lot of quests I fuckin hate.“

Amen

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
I made it to 20 this morning(and 30 about 5 minutes later) without having had to do the ones I distain. I am gonna have to go back and run them at some point if I want to flag but...

Meh, I'll probably just focus on gear Tongue

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #24 - Jul 16th, 2020 at 11:12am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:17pm:
Do you have 3 stacks of Arcane Alacrity? Having that active made a lot of difference for me.

I have them, but I use energy criticals instead of alacrity. I dunno which is better necessarily. Probably pros and cons.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint