Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Final build ideas? (Read 2004 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Final build ideas?
Aug 3rd, 2020 at 10:37am
Print Post  
About to be uber completionist. 2 more racials left is all. Need a final build.

I think I've decided I don't want to be a caster. I think I don't like relying on a blue bar. I DO like the face melting, though. I may go back after getting LGS for extra SP.

So, the builds I know of that sound legit are the throwers, pally, and bear. They all sound appealing in different ways. Pros and cons with raids and higher skull end game?

Are there other builds I should consider? Whatever it is needs to be able to effectively/efficiently solo up to R3-R5 or so.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Final build ideas?
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 10:49am
Print Post  
It's tough.

I, too, am not enamored of casters whether they be arcane or divine.

I do like both the melee and ranged play-styles, though.

Bear melee DPS is fun if you can get twitching down. Survivability is a plus.

Vanguard Paladin has DPS and survivability as advantages, too. Strikethrough is quite fun.

If you really dig Strikethrough, a Great-axe wielding Barb is good fun as well as a THF Pally.

While Inquisitives are still fairly viable, dagger throwers just seem to be more fun.

If it were me, I'd wait to see what the handwrap-using iconic Shifter will be like. They won't need to be centered and since it's a Barb, they can wear Medium armor so the defenses will be there. If they do it right, I'll go back to "unarmed" melee as my main.

If they don't do it right, I'll stick with my dagger thrower as my main.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Here's another factor: I really find mobility to be important to me. I run elec sorc a fair amount over fire. Fire is better overall. But, elec has wind dance. That difference is significant to me.

I need some additional run speed, jump--something.

Pally gets +10% potentially. Not sure if Bear does.

Maybe throwers can get sprint boost? Monk Shuris would be good on this. I just need SOMETHING for move speed/mobility.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
I actually embarked upon racial completionist specifically intending to go balls-deep into fire sorc, though there's a better than even chance I'll get bored of that eventually.

I tend to look at it this way: every six months or so there's going to be a new race/class around, so really there is no "final" final build, just what you're running until the next expansion.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 12:13pm:
I actually embarked upon racial completionist specifically intending to go balls-deep into fire sorc, though there's a better than even chance I'll get bored of that eventually.

I tend to look at it this way: every six months or so there's going to be a new race/class around, so really there is no "final" final build, just what you're running until the next expansion.

I considered this. Also, there is definitely some more oomph for me to get out of fire sorc--specifically a LGS crit and SP set. That would kick it up a notch. Also slavers crap. I don't have much slavers mats. So, I would need to run it to upgrade a trinket or whatever. Not exciting. But, more min-maxy.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 1:45pm:
I considered this. Also, there is definitely some more oomph for me to get out of fire sorc--specifically a LGS crit and SP set. That would kick it up a notch. Also slavers crap. I don't have much slavers mats. So, I would need to run it to upgrade a trinket or whatever. Not exciting. But, more min-maxy.

While still available, spin up 5 extra accounts and apply the coupon code(it includes slave lords). If you can spare the boxes(and even at $5 a pop that's not asking much) make 5 naked lvl20 barbarians(yes, it is VITAL to this plan that they be naked). Drag their stones through slave lords and get 6x the mats and 6x the drops for your troubles. Even farming it on EH you'll have everything you need in an afternoon.

I do find good mileage out of the slave lords stuff because it is highly adaptable. +4 quality any state in practically any slot is pretty damn tasty.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Should I even bother asking how anyone can possible be an uber completionist without knowing what they like to play?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
A bunch of the past lives are defensive. Have you considered a legendary raid tank?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:22pm:
Should I even bother asking how anyone can possible be an uber completionist without knowing what they like to play?

You can ask if you really want, its pretty straightforward; but if you spent a little time browsing the sub-forums the answer is pretty obvious.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #9 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 10:38pm
Print Post  

Grin

To be semi-fair: lots of those lives were a half a dozen metas ago.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2020 at 10:38pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #10 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 4:55am
Print Post  
THF pally, kensei or barb.

IP Logged

makar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Maybe its just me but... the whole point of getting racial AP to me is to put it to use on a character that can get some major benefit from it (either because that character doesn't functionally work without it, or because that character gets disproportionate benefit from those aps).

For instance, DC casters would be at the top of my list. As would assassin.

There's other builds like staff builds that get a lot of mileage out of them (and aren't super viable without them imo).

I guess the game is so easy nowadays (for the vast majority of content, even at end game), that unless you are pushing for a very specific achievement, I would use them to increase the amount of things I can play at cap. And if you are pushing for specific achievements, then build for that specific achievement.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 10:37am:
I think I don't like relying on a blue bar.

Casters are much more attractive if you have an arbitrarily large number of Eveningstar Comms, or know someone who does.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #13 - Aug 8th, 2020 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Does CTL ALT F4 build still work?   It's a solid final build if so.

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #14 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 7:19pm
Print Post  

Toppie.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Sid
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
There is nothing like a final build... Shocked

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
So I started my first Aasimar racial last night.

Holly crap, I might make Aasimar my final race. I totally get that dragonborn is strictly better, but Aasimar offers juuuuust enough more versatility to get me excited.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:34pm:
So I started my first Aasimar racial last night.

Holly crap, I might make Aasimar my final race. I totally get that dragonborn is strictly better, but Aasimar offers juuuuust enough more versatility to get me excited.

+60/+90 healing amp and + lots of saving throw and Lay on Hands that regenerates during the quest all adds up to a really nice race. The +CHA is solid too.

Hard to go wrong with Dragonborn or Tiefling or Aasimar. Hmm... I just realized those are the last three races introduced. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Wink

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Well in addition to all those things you can spend racial AP to get bastard sword proficiency. Not a first choice, but for my purposes very handy. And all the other stuff puts it in a good place.

As for your tinfoil hatting, I wouldn't read too much into it. Its just power creep.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint