Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pretty sure I'm going Pally (Read 4510 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Pretty sure I'm going Pally
Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/506448-Reaper-Endgame-THF-Paladin?p=63...

Any criticisms or things you would tweak?

Quote:
I played mostly thf pally since U45 and thf major changes.
Nowadays, thf pally is no longer a flavor build but an undisputed top tier and I’m having a lot of fun with it.
Well... I’m having fun despite the lag at least XD

Pure pally is so good now and thf is super strong after the changes. I’m happy to share the build I’m playing and some considerations on what I think is right now the most solid melee for r10 endgame.

PDK Pally 20 Fatesinger, Charisma based

PDK is hands down the best race: strikethrough, some hamp, For Cormyr and Cormyrean Knight Training. Also, cha to hit and dmg with greatswords makes PDK the only viable option for this build.

There are some reasons why I chose cha based gs pally vs the 'standard' str based maul pally, even if Constellation and Reflection of Blackrazor are junk compared to Silvanus Tremor.

Cha advantages are:
- more turn charges for Confront any Foe
- better defenses (31 points in SaD, I used Falconry on str pally)
- better lay on hands
- higher Intimidate
However, the most important reason is: better tactics!
A cha based pally using CKT and Divine Might can reach sky high tactics dcs. Ofc having 165 or more dc on Dire charge is a waste, but having 135 dc on Stunning blow and Trip is amazing for high fort content. Stunning blow and trip are str based, so Strength is not a dump stat.

Enhancements:
Pretty straightforward. Pdk , KotC, SaD...

Feats: thf line, power attack, ic, completionist, oc, arborea. I took extra turning and wizard pl.
Wizard pl can be handy vs reds if your group is lacking capable debuffers. Swap to 2x lgs and cast mm to stack dust and ooze or ash (Fatesinger provides quicken).

ED. I’m in love with the Fatesinger... this destiny is so good and a perfect fit for a cha based pally.
I took First Harmonic Chord, Bound & Grim Fate, Martial Hymn, Quicken, Bladesong and Turn the Tide. Cha the rest.
Twist: in quest usually I twist Sense weakness, Meld, Confront any Foe, Running with Wind and Dance of Flowers.

Here’s a screenshot of my stats in reaper with Turn the tide on (but without Tenser scrolled). I have all the PLs and all the reaper trees filled.

Weapon stats:

My gear setup:
Helm Legendary Executioner's Helm (Insightful Deception +7, Relentless Fury, Seeker 17, Quality Combat Mastery +4)
Goggles Legendary Collective Sight (Charisma +21, Insightful Charisma +10, Quality Resistance +4, +20 Quality MRR)
Necklace The Family’s Blessing (Quality Assassinate +2, Insightful Armor-Piercing - 16%, Deadly +17, Doublestrike 24%)
Trinket Bloodrage Chrism (Competence Healing Amplification +83, Calamitous Blows, Bloodrage Defense, Rune-fueled Warding, Unnatural)
Armor Legendary Enforcer's Coat (+15 Enhancement Bonus, Fortification +214%, Physical Sheltering +54, Competence Healing Amplification +85, Hit Points +81)
Cloak Silver Dragonscale Capelet (Insightful Strength +10, Dodge +21%, Insightful Sheltering +28, Shining Silver Scales)
Wrist Brand of Kalok Shash (Strength +22, Quality Accuracy +8, Quality Deadly +5, Fire Absorption 53%)
Belt SL (Sheltering +45, Armor Piercing +28, Vertigo +20, Quality Charisma +4)
Ring Legendary Celestial Sapphire Ring (Constitution +21, Improved Deception, Dodge +21%, Profane Well Rounded +2)
Ring Legendary Celestial Ruby Ring (Dexterity +21, Stunning +23, Accuracy +33, Ghostly)
Gloves Legendary Hammerfist (Insightful Doublestrike 11%, Cannith Combat Infusion, Seeker 21, Insightful Deadly +8)
Boots SL (Wisdom +17, Deception +14, Shatter +20, Quality Constitution +4)

For a while I used thth helm with ins str and Piston boots on my setup, then I changed my mind... I really like this setup, even if I dont have parrying and ins con 10 anymore.
Best gear is also based on melee power on items you have...

Weapons and filigrees:
I use 3 main weapons: Constellation, Reflection of Blackrazor and Tremor (Silvanus is my god and I have some str to swing it).
Full range of one handed lgs (dust, ooze, ash, affirmation, salt, ice), lgs affirmation + hope is the swap for cw spells.
These days I really struggle to swap weapons in quest... When I do that I often cause my whole party to freeze in lag. That’s really annoying and I feel like a noob, but this build is probably one of the best options you have if you need to play without weapon swaps. A full stacked Reflection is not that bad, and you can put a “swap-impaired” fili setup on it featuring sanctified fervor. Put a final burial turn undead charges on weapon and artifact if you want more Confront any Foe. I got 74 charges per rest.
Constellation and Tremor with Prowess and Shattered device on, and Fervor on Relfection is the setup I'm using when I'm able to swap weapons.

Feel free to ask for more informations

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: Pretty sure I'm going Pally
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Echo_of_Blackrazor

How many runs of WPM will it take me? 10? 40? 100?  I don't know the WPM grind yet.

Better question: What do you use until you get Blackrazor?
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:24pm by Head-Meat »  

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Looks like Leg WPM has 5 named drops.

~34% named drop chance on R1 *.2   ~7% chance per run.

~14 runs to get base item.

That sound rightish? Or is drop rate worse than that?

W/ Discovery Buff and re-rolls?

44% chance of named loot *.2  ~9% chance of base item

~11 runs

With re-rolls: 3-4 runs?  This matches my farming of Leg Sharn. Anyone see anything different?

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:36pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Did you count the sentiences among the named drops? I think the Spark of Memory also counts as a named drop.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Did you count the sentiences among the named drops? I think the Spark of Memory also counts as a named drop.

No. I just used the wiki's list. But, if it works like RL, for example, I think the items and the filis are separate. I'm hoping it's like that.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:59pm:
No. I just used the wiki's list. But, if it works like RL, for example, I think the items and the filis are separate. I'm hoping it's like that.

I can't recall ever getting a sentience AND a named item from that end chest.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:02pm:
I can't recall ever getting a sentience AND a named item from that end chest.

Does that count as just 1 more item then in the math you think?
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:07pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
If someone had a lot of Astral Shards, they could also reroll some of those chests.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:07pm:
If someone had a lot of Astral Shards, they could also reroll some of those chests.

Someone is on it

Head-Meat wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:36pm:
W/ Discovery Buff and re-rolls?

44% chance of named loot *.2  ~9% chance of base item

~11 runs

With re-rolls: 3-4 runs?  This matches my farming of Leg Sharn. Anyone see anything different?

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Farming Leg sharn for gear, potion and rerolls got me what I wanted in about 4 runs on average. So, this seems to fit that math.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:09pm:
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Echo_of_Blackrazor

How many runs of WPM will it take me? 10? 40? 100?  I don't know the WPM grind yet.

Better question: What do you use until you get Blackrazor?

A HUGE number.

We know the spark, sentience XP and snetient gems are on a different table than the named items, which have the standard 10/16/33% +1 reaper drop rate.

However.

The drop Blackrazor is bugged. You're going to need at the very least hundreds of chest pulls on elite+ with elixers.

Or get an army of chest-pullers. What server are you on?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #11 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:13pm:
A HUGE number.

We know the spark, sentience XP and snetient gems are on a different table than the named items, which have the standard 10/16/33% +1 reaper drop rate.

However.

The drop Blackrazor is bugged. You're going to need at the very least hundreds of chest pulls on elite+ with elixers.

Or get an army of chest-pullers. What server are you on?

Khyber. You have a source for that?

Arkat as of March on main forums confirmed the 33% on leet drop rate for WPM. (Devs did in that thread also)
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:23pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:24pm
Print Post  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #13 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:06pm:
Does that count as just 1 more item then in the math you think?

That is my conclusion.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #14 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
The sword is certainly not rare. And not bugged, pulled like three and passed some more.

Clear wpm on elite - it takes like 16 min, open lfm or invite friends for chest pulling. It's pretty attractive - for xp, for sentience, for end chest.

You'll get it eventually. I use Constellation on mine but Blackrazor is very useful for oozes and rust monsters and shit.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:46pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:20pm:
Khyber. You have a source for that?

Arkat as of March on main forums confirmed the 33% on leet drop rate for WPM. (Devs did in that thread also)

The devs have "confirmed" it's "not bugged"(those are sarcastic air quotes), which is exactly what they would say to a player base when they either don't want to fix a problem or have rigged it wrong on purpose.

If Arkat has better data, though, I'll listen to him. He's more reliable than steel.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
i pulled two in 6 runs with a dual box chest blesser/opener and maybe 100 shards of re rolls its not that bad. Fast easy quest too

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
The one practical upside is I actually ENJOY running WPM, so when I do get serious about farming it I won't be complaining. Hands down one of the most entertaining quests in terms of visual asthetics.

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #18 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
The sentient jewel seems to have a lower drop rate than the other jewels, but I pulled one after two ransacks worth in a full group of alt accounts. So.... 14*6.... it only took 84 pulls!  Grin

But imo, for basically all of the content in the game except raids sorc is way better than pally

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
I've managed to collect 2 of every sentient jewel without remotely trying but still have never seen most of the named items. GO figure.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #20 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Nuic wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:03pm:
The sentient jewel seems to have a lower drop rate than the other jewels, but I pulled one after two ransacks worth in a full group of alt accounts. So.... 14*6.... it only took 84 pulls!  Grin

But imo, for basically all of the content in the game except raids sorc is way better than pally

How about anything on r7-r10?

Sorc dmg drops a LOT on high skulls. It's king of R1-3 for sure, though.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
DPS drops off but still ranged. Remember the crushing damage is no-save. Having that ranged AOE gives you more survivability.

What about doing a fire sorc EK inquisitive? The combination of inq ranged attacks + Meteor Swarm could be fantastic.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #22 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:20pm:
How about anything on r7-r10?

noamineo wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:45pm:
What about doing a fire sorc EK inquisitive? The combination of inq ranged attacks + Meteor Swarm could be fantastic.

Careful, he might sue you for copyright of an idea.

It's dangerous times to be asking for ideas and taking them without paying for them.

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Pally in general is super strong right now. I don't know about this guy's specific build, (obviously I prefer my own) but I'm sure it's not bad.

A base Blackrazor is super easy to get. Schism shards to upgrade it are what you will be grinding for.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #24 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Take high reaper advice from boxed sorcerer that can't do fucking Sharn.

Certainly don't look at parties or ignore people that do r10s on daily basis.

But it's Tilomere worthy idea.
One shotty, kitey ranged that destroys everybody's eyes and ears with fucking meteors and pew pew retarded sounds.
While doing no damage.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2020 at 2:45am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint