Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pale Master and Archmage (Read 1592 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Pale Master and Archmage
Aug 5th, 2020 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Thinking of a Wizard with the PM capstone, but taking T5 in Archmage. That gives me Arcane Supremacy and Lesser Death Aura, Death Aura, and Greater Death Aura capstone with +25% crit chance for self healing.

Double checking before I pull the trigger on this - does this work the way I’m thinking? Vast self healing amounts even on R5?

Does Master of the Dead Epic feat work yet?

Are skeleton pets worth a damn?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Pale Master and Archmage
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 5th, 2020 at 9:58pm:
Thinking of a Wizard with the PM capstone, but taking T5 in Archmage. That gives me Arcane Supremacy and Lesser Death Aura, Death Aura, and Greater Death Aura capstone with +25% crit chance for self healing.

What kind of bonus is the T5 ability? I don't know if it stacks with the much easier to obtain equipment bonuses.

Double checking before I pull the trigger on this - does this work the way I’m thinking? Vast self healing amounts even on R5?

Did archmage get some kind of massive buff recently? Seems like a lot of wasted AP. You'll get more defensive "umph" out of EK and the self-healing with decent equipment is still way more than you'll need.

Does Master of the Dead Epic feat work yet? /quote]

No idea.

[quote author=706F70656A7562616C000 link=1596679105/0#0 date=1596679105]

No.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 5th, 2020 at 10:03pm:
What kind of bonus is the T5 ability? I don't know if it stacks with the much easier to obtain equipment bonuses.

Arcane Supremacy: Your offensive spells gain a 10% chance to trigger Arcane Supremacy.
Arcane Supremacy: +25% Spell Critical Chance, +100% Spell Critical Damage. 12 seconds duration. This effect may trigger only once every 90 seconds

Recast the Aura spells while Arcane Supremacy is ticking for almost 100% crit chance on the self heals. That’s the only meaningful perk, but it seems like a big one. No idea what the bonus type is.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 5th, 2020 at 10:18pm:
Arcane Supremacy: Your offensive spells gain a 10% chance to trigger Arcane Supremacy.
Arcane Supremacy: +25% Spell Critical Chance, +100% Spell Critical Damage. 12 seconds duration. This effect may trigger only once every 90 seconds

Recast the Aura spells while Arcane Supremacy is ticking for almost 100% crit chance on the self heals. That’s the only meaningful perk, but it seems like a big one. No idea what the bonus type is.

Thing is though with equipment and PM enhancements you can very easily get up to a 60% crit chance or even higher; and even without criting you're still looking at the auras ticking off for hundreds of points every few seconds.

If you've got 3 different death auras going off, your healing full every few seconds irregaurdless.

Go EK, get more HP, PRR, and general tankyness.

That and keep pushing for an archmage pass.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 12:10am
Print Post  

It's worth 1 ap for a lever-puller/aggro grabber. IMO.

Though if you specifically meant in combat or whatever, then no.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint