Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Tempest ranger r10 (Read 10740 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Tempest ranger r10
Reply #50 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 11:38am:
[quote author=674C424F504B4E250 link=1618531410/48#48 date=1619444900]I’ve never seen an 18/1/1 swf barbarian on my server, the swf builds we saw used khopesh or an axe of some kind.  These are probably inferior [/quo

Upgraded dull dagger just shits on all other one-handed weapons for SWF. VKF support is too sexy.

Just so happens that T5, C5/6 FB stuff makes it even better compared to other splits, like kensei and kotc.

I'm not a math guy, but I've played with all other splits and all the weapons (except barb) and 2.25 dmg mod + 78% boosted attack speed is ridiculous.

What destiny?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #51 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 1:53pm:
What destiny?

fatesinger obviously. You dont get base 48% (78% boosted) anywhere else.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #52 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Fatesinger is a nice destiny, no doubt about it.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #53 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 4:40pm:
Fatesinger is a nice destiny, no doubt about it.

I'd say SD is a good 2nd choice, especially when you need perma SA and +5% dmg on boss.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #54 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Big, you rerolling into another spec?  I’ve been considering it to see the potential other stuff has on a completionist character.  I admit as much as I always loved tempest 2wf, I have been a little more bored lately and partly because of impatience with what classes get any attention and mild competitiveness.  Kind of like the thrill of the buildup being over.  There aren’t many tempest rangers on my server. So no one really to compare with so here I am learning too.  I’m not very trendy but might be ready for something new to try.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 11:38am:
[quote author=674C424F504B4E250 link=1618531410/48#48 date=1619444900]I’ve never seen an 18/1/1 swf barbarian on my server, the swf builds we saw used khopesh or an axe of some kind.  These are probably inferior [/quo

Upgraded dull dagger just shits on all other one-handed weapons for SWF. VKF support is too sexy.

Just so happens that T5, C5/6 FB stuff makes it even better compared to other splits, like kensei and kotc.

I'm not a math guy, but I've played with all other splits and all the weapons (except barb) and 2.25 dmg mod + 78% boosted attack speed is ridiculous.

Believe it or not if you go full tilt the pn kukri is ahead of dagger for swf barb, and when the kukri  procs its even farther ahead. The dagger is more well rounded friendly and user friendly as you get easy access to max doublestrike. Both splits use exact same ap

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #56 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 6:01pm:
Big, you rerolling into another spec? 

Not on my main, but I have alts I can mess around with.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #57 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 4:11pm:
fatesinger obviously. You dont get base 48% (78% boosted) anywhere else.

I'd have to see this beating THFing in FoTW to believe it.

But I am old and partially retarded.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #58 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 7:50pm:
Believe it or not if you go full tilt the pn kukri is ahead of dagger for swf barb, and when the kukri  procs its even farther ahead. The dagger is more well rounded friendly and user friendly as you get easy access to max doublestrike. Both splits use exact same ap

Oh yeah, I saw that discussion where Symb spills the beans. I just really grew to love Suulo set and dont wanna worry about maxing out doublestrike since its even more important now with cleaves.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:00pm:
Oh yeah, I saw that discussion where Symb spills the beans. I just really grew to love Suulo set and dont wanna worry about maxing out doublestrike since its even more important now with cleaves.

Yea he likes to talk a bunch  Grin

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #60 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
I’m gunna try a 2hf build for awhile.  I typically see KoTC paladin, barb 2h various builds, multi barb/Druid/xx, and a few Fighter style splashes.  Are any of those much better than the other?  Seems to be tons of Pally’s and barbs around.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #61 - Apr 28th, 2021 at 10:34am
Print Post  
So I rolled 11/8/1 Barb/Druid/FVS and I gotta say it is one of the most boring dps classes I ever played.   It doesn’t have much of the depth or complexity the ranger class has in my honest biased opinion.  But it does do DPS, that’s a fact.  One of the biggest aspects that I disliked was the animal forms.  Having to do all this gimmicky motions to make it work optimally is carpal tonal waiting to happen.  But like I said, it does it’s job and well.

If I were to continue my quest to make a thf character, it would most likely be some BAZ barb, or other barb configuration. But, I already have an alt with all the best thf weapons and I honestly didn’t feel like re-farming all of them. Though, I’m sure it would be super powerful on a completed character as a base. 

The whole time I was playing the other class, I was constantly reminded why I like ranger and longed to go back to it.  And even though I know I could tweak twf to perform better than what I was doing, I keep thinking of all that effort for what? A never ending up hill battle that possibly would just end up getting knocked back down again? 

So I rerolled another ranger and that makes me happy.  But now I’m gunna step back and experience the game from behind the bow and learn another facet of the imperfect flawed class that I love.  Also, this changeup makes all the TR’s I have been playing mail/shared bank/ TR cache boogy with all my banked/stored  items that I might use someday finally pay off.  Proverbial 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.  So I have either the runes or the banked items to convert to Dex Bow ranger.  A few guys on Khyber are doing some decent work on fine tuning it but just having the basics to work off of is much appreciated to someone who still gets to play his character, but hasnt delved into the nuts and bolts of the game as these guys who are really good at what they do.  So I’m going to look at it as a new fun challenge.  There is no real expectation of having to be the highest DPS class in the game for sure, but I like being just below the radar which lets me focus more on doing it well, and having fun playing while maximizing technique and dps. 

Just updating for the 1 or two other rangers out there who may be in a similar mindset and of those two maybe one might actually read some of it.

Now where to put my 4 bags of weapons..

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #62 - May 14th, 2021 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 7:50pm:

Could I get this build? I'm very intrigued by it and the earlier mentioned Dull Dagger build.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - May 14th, 2021 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:52pm:
Yea he likes to talk a bunch  Grin

Where is this discussion? If it's on discord, anyone have a link or have it saved?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - May 14th, 2021 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 17th, 2021 at 12:50pm:
Aasimar 18ftr/1fvs/1x  wicked blade or dull dagger (VKF capstone and Kensei T5s).

I always find it weird when someone goes T5 in one tree and capstone in another. I'm not saying you're wrong to do that since Kensei T5 are good and VKF T5 aren't. But it's weird that SSG would have set up abilities that are so wacky that it ends up being a good choice to make.

Like choosing Archmage T5 and Pale Master capstone for the ultimate in self Hjealing. (I'm not saying it's a great choice - just that it's a real option even though it's a weird layout)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint