Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ready for Ed preview on Lam? (Read 20024 times)
somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Ready for Ed preview on Lam?
Reply #25 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Guess we know the plan to sell all the post level 30 shit they are rolling out, make everything under 30 miserable as fuck.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:19pm:
Guess we know the plan to sell all the post level 30 shit they are rolling out, make everything under 30 miserable as fuck.

Small problem with that plan: how will anyone get from 20 to 30 to buy all that shit?

I dunno about ya'll, if I were starting this game fresh and found out there was basically no progression between 15 and 29, I'd stop and go find a different game.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Hope lube is on sale in the DDO store.

If you can't be arsed reading I'll summarise the biggins so far.

Destiny twists you liked - gone/nerfed
Commonly taken epic feats - gone/nerfed

Meld - fuck you all
Dire charge - fuck you all
Mass frog - fuck you all harder
Cacoon - fuckn fuckers
Sense weakness - fucking fucksored

And some specific no brainer DF's for builds

Consume - fuck off
Executioners strike - and fuck you to
Masterblitz - fuckn fuck
Adren - fuckn fuck fuck
Action Haste boost - fuckdiddy fuck
EIN - fuck you all

It's like they have spied on all the decent end game builds that work and fucking nerfed them all on mass.

The fucken fuckers are fucking us good and hard on this one.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #28 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Baddog wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:47pm:
Hope lube is on sale in the DDO store.
Mass frog - fuck you all harder
Cacoon - fuckn fuckers

Honestly, Primal Avatar is the only true winner here, not sure what bizarro world you live in whether Cocoon and Mass Frog got fucked over in this. If anything Cocoon got buffed astronomically. And being able to use any mental stat on Frog is a nice change, even if you're locked to T5 of a decent looking tree.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Been fucking around with it..

I'm about to take a massive fist in the ass with this bullshit... I have a certain set of feats I take.. and now I won't be able to take them all... I lose 2 of the feats because the availability changed... fuck

Also losing access to half my twists fml
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:39pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #30 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
JFC

seems I will be back here

There isn’t enough Guinness and slurricane to comfort this ill

I’m already screaming at the screen
And I never
Do that

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #31 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If you have at least one character before this overhaul that has fully capped all of their Epic Destinies, you will receive an exclusive Cloak featuring the now-deprecated Starmap to commemorate your achievement.

Well, I got that going for me.  Which is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBWcRqPesws

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #32 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Some other stuff I found interesting:

Quote:
    We are also planning on removing the Epic Resilience buff from all monsters at endgame to make DCs across the board far easier to achieve.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Resilience

Quote:
New EDs will give no spell critical chance.
New EDs will give no spell critical damage
Fury of the Wild and Shiradi Champion, which will grant only Melee Power and only Ranged Power respectively, and contain only melee and only ranged attacks respectively.

We're going to try to reclaim as many of the old and sub-optimal feats as we can - for example, an ED ability that grants a significant bonus if you have the Luck of Heroes Feat trained - in ways that would reward you for having them in your build without making them mandatory. Some feats might need additional help, but with this we're going to make an effort to tie a lot of those loose ends up.

You'll also see a lot of abilities that tie into Destiny and Epic feats that are underused or overlooked, such as Embodiment of Chaos/Law and the Bulwark of Defense feat. When these appear, rather than being requirements to train, they will instead apply an additional bonus if you have the feat to reward players who decide to shift their own meta.

One of the major changes as a part of this refactor is that we can begin releasing entirely new Epic Destiny trees. Our goal is to end up with 12 at the start, and then slowly start rolling out more, at least until we can get up to 15, with each tree loosely corresponding to a heroic class.

we're going to be retiring the Magister Epic Destiny and replacing it with Magus of the Eclipse
For now, suffice it to say that when we went into building out a new cohesive epic ecosystem Magister in it's current broad form did not fit the framework.

Finally, we are removing the Epic Skill feats from the game, which will cut down on feat clutter considerably.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #33 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dire Charge is no longer an Epic Feat; it can now be found in Legendary Dreadnought.
Mass Frog is no longer an Epic Feat; it can now be found in Primal Avatar.
note that the Poison Spellpower moved to the Scion of Earth feat

wtf on that last one, why move poison away to earth??/

IP Logged

cheap beer for days
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Holy Fuck Balls Batman! 

I honestly have no fucking clue as to what the absolute fuck the Schlong Sucking Gibbons are doing to epic destinies.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #35 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:36pm:
wtf on that last one, why move poison away to earth??/

Take a look at Primal Avatar. It's because the devs forgot druids originally had poison for their insect spells, then they made them acid so they could scale with spell power, then about 2-3 updates later they created the poison spellpower anyway and gave Alchemist's poison spells.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #36 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:27pm:
Some other stuff I found interesting:

I missed the details about the spell crit damage/change. Guess that means Draconic is about to get gut fucked and the replacement for Magister for our undead friends isn't going to be stellar either.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:00pm:
Honestly, Primal Avatar is the only true winner here, not sure what bizarro world you live in whether Cocoon and Mass Frog got fucked over in this. If anything Cocoon got buffed astronomically. And being able to use any mental stat on Frog is a nice change, even if you're locked to T5 of a decent looking tree.

The problem is most people just wanted to twist in cacoon for self-healing. 1 twist slot + 1 fate point, easy as fishing for any build under the sun.

Now, you have to commit 1 of only 3 ED "Trees" Just to get the same effect. So if there's fuck-all else you wanted in Primal Avatar, it just sort of sucks.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #38 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
As a powerful Primal Transmutation spell, we felt the new Primal Avatar T5 was a good place for Mass Frog. You must invest in a lot of Primal Avatar (and lock out other T5s) to get it.

As a powerful Martial ability with a Tactical effect (stunning) we felt the new Legendary Dreadnought T5 was a good place for Dire Charge. You must invest in a lot of Dreadnought (and lock out other T5s) to get it.

Will this change affect some builds? Yes, definitely. However, if a build was only being held up by its access to one of these two feats, it wasn't an especially good build to begin with; and again, it's still available to any build that wants to get it out of T5 of those Destinies. It's our hope that this new system has good, accessible abilities for most (if not all) builds, and ideally you'll find a good fit in this new system somewhere to fill the role left by these feats.

haha  your build sucks if it need dire charge, steel says

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #39 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Let's also notice that Mass Frog has been moved from being an ED feet you can take no matter what sphere you are in to being a tier 5 ability in Primal Avatar. Which means if, say, you are primarily a healer and, ya know, wanted a T5 in a destiny thats fucking useful to you? Fuck you, you don't get mass frog anymore. That is strictly a whatever-the-fuck-class uses Primal Avatar move, now.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #40 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:09pm:
Let's also notice that Mass Frog has been moved from being an ED feet you can take no matter what sphere you are in to being a tier 5 ability in Primal Avatar. Which means if, say, you are primarily a healer and, ya know, wanted a T5 in a destiny thats fucking useful to you? Fuck you, you don't get mass frog anymore. That is strictly a whatever-the-fuck-class uses Primal Avatar move, now.

I'll bite the bullet and be the asshole/get called the moron here.

But if you're a healer the changes to Cocoon/the 'fire' line in the new primal looks pretty decent to me. All 3 of the fire abilities are going to be nice little healing boosts. Especially since any positive spell you cast will have a chance to proc cocoon, and the dryad will also be able to proc cocoon while casting it with your stats.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #41 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
I am absolutely stunned and speechless.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Fuckballs they must be retarded...

Have fun leveling a melee or ranged with this new tier system. your power used to be maybe 200% now it is 20% til you hit cap. mobs still has sacks of 10k hp - go enjoy it or buy buy boxes?

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #43 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Step one:  Revamp ED

Step two:  Remove power leveling from Epics.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #44 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:13pm:
I'll bite the bullet and be the asshole/get called the moron here.

You're a mornon.

Edrein wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:13pm:
But if you're a healer the changes to Cocoon/the 'fire' line in the new primal looks pretty decent to me. All 3 of the fire abilities are going to be nice little healing boosts. Especially since any positive spell you cast will have a chance to proc cocoon, and the dryad will also be able to proc cocoon while casting it with your stats.

Also you make some valid points, here. But we also have not seen the revamped divine trees yet. Its possible They will be a whole lot better while robbing healers of a favored feat.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #45 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:12pm:
You're a mornon.

Also you make some valid points, here. But we also have not seen the revamped divine trees yet. Its possible They will be a whole lot better while robbing healers of a favored feat.

Well, at least you didn't call me a mormon I guess.

I agree without seeing EA and US (and potentially FS depending on what they think FS should be in this brave new world. I'm guessing sonic casting and SWF focus since THF-TWF are Fury) it's a bit tough to call where things will land.

That being said Fire Elemental and Fire Savant just got some utility/gameplay switch up while being in a party. I could see some healers making the switch full time to Primal depending on how EA shapes up.

Hell, while we don't have the twists anymore. If I'm running any sort of fire caster sacrificing one of my ED trees to PA for picking up Cocoon and Spring to Summer for a low investment sounds solid. Assuming the draconic fire (arcane) builder won't be amazing. And taking that investment to T2 for Reborn in Fire for another nuke-heal combo sounds good to me, plus 35% uncapped dodge if I've got 3 divine charges at the time? Tasty.

The real kicker will be which mantle will be best for the roles. Draconic or Exalted could still pull some decent mantles out of their ass, even Fatesinger is in the game. 1d3 extra fire damage on spells aint amazing balls as a nuker but the cocoon proc chance on positive spells is nice if you're a healer.

IP Logged

Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Oh and no more +stats in Destiny trees so that's at least -4 to -6 primary stats on every build

IP Logged

hyplo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Holy Shit Batman!

Is this bad!

Dare I say it, Could SSG fuck this up any worse.   And that's not a hold my beer challenge.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #48 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
I don’t know where to begin. Btw how do you tell or select what “mantle” you are in. I feel like it’s Ed alchemy.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #49 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Did you see how rejuv only ticks while the temp Hp aren’t used up? Basically makes it a non combat heal now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint