Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Legendary Chimera's Fang Theorycraft (Read 2651 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Legendary Chimera's Fang Theorycraft
Nov 28th, 2021 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
I've always wanted to build a character around the Chimera's Fang just because its such an interesting weapon, and now that there's a legendary version of it I'm even more interested.

My current line of thinking is 7 Wizard/12 Fighter/1 Barbarian Human

Human - free bonus feet
7 wizard - death aura/NEB + paleshroud for self-healing, also lets me save a feat by using Master's Touch to grant tower-shield proficiency
12 fighter - melee-oriented sword&board build + fighter bonus feats helps get around feat slots lost to dragon marks
1 Barbarin - for fast movement, realistically nothing else.

All 3 dragonmarks of the sentinal

And not really sure what else. This is just a general idea.

Cue the usual round of trolling before any actual conversation can start.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: Legendary Chimera's Fang Theorycraft
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2021 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 28th, 2021 at 5:20pm:
I've always wanted to build a character around the Chimera's Fang just because its such an interesting weapon, and now that there's a legendary version of it I'm even more interested.

Human - free bonus feet
7 wizard - death aura/NEB + paleshroud for self-healing, also lets me save a feat by using Master's Touch to grant tower-shield proficiency
12 fighter - melee-oriented sword&board build + fighter bonus feats helps get around feat slots lost to dragon marks

I’ll only say that I DID build a tank around the original. Cool idea. Wasn’t awesome back then. But it did ok.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2021 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Eh its not meant to be awesome. With the sheer amount of grinding this game requires its tough to have more than 1 top-level character(unless you play like a second job). My main is a fire-nuker sorc. I just like like building up a stable of alts that all play differently for when I'm in the mood to be something else. It doesn't have to be the best.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2021 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Damage / crit profile too low for any meaningful DPS, palemaster isn't the best way to selfheal.

You probably want a tank, too.

At that point just go paladin

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2021 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Nov 30th, 2021 at 1:34pm:
Damage / crit profile too low for any meaningful DPS, palemaster isn't the best way to selfheal.

Whats your preferred/recommended self-heals for melee? I like PM simply because you activate the auras and then your health is constantly being topped off

You probably want a tank, too.

I would probably make a pretty lousy tank, and there's not a ton of demand for it. It seems like there's no shortage of triple completionists tanks running around for the 3 quests where tanking is relevant. Also I mostly play solo and that's definitely the last place you need a tank.

I'm aware the DPS from the Fang is not going to be particularly meaningful, I'm just looking for something really interesting for a casual/fun character.

At that point just go paladin

I already have a paladin. He's ok.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2021 at 8:37am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 30th, 2021 at 2:45pm:
Whats your preferred/recommended self-heals for melee? I like PM simply because you activate the auras and then your health is constantly being topped off

I would probably make a pretty lousy tank, and there's not a ton of demand for it. It seems like there's no shortage of triple completionists tanks running around for the 3 quests where tanking is relevant. Also I mostly play solo and that's definitely the last place you need a tank.

I'm aware the DPS from the Fang is not going to be particularly meaningful, I'm just looking for something really interesting for a casual/fun character.

I already have a paladin. He's ok.

Aasimar lay, Bladeforged reconstruct, paladins or druids. Takes some CC and PRR, but these scale all the way to endgame r10s non raid solos. These builds aren't perfect but vids are good enough for you to get the flow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfFvjL0dzgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcSDJRc79Sg

DPS Paladin KT selfhealing optimized solo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1j7wNvqfK8
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2021 at 8:38am by Linker »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2021 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
I do love BF recon SLA - I used free hearts to build a pure BF fighter around it just for shits and gigs. My sorc meanwhile makes heavy use of Aasimar racial lay on hands.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 8:06am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 28th, 2021 at 5:20pm:

Human - free bonus feet

The class and level split don't seem to offer much synergy together.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 8:07am
Print Post  
I know, not the most helpful reply, but its morning and I'm not fully awake yet.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Dec 3rd, 2021 at 8:06am:
The class and level split don't seem to offer much synergy together.

SpaceGoat wrote on Dec 3rd, 2021 at 8:07am:
I know, not the most helpful reply, but its morning and I'm not fully awake yet.

I agree on both points. The reason for the aforementioned level-split is a balance between providing self-heals and still having enough feats to be a decent melee.

Pure paladin isn't a great choice because the class is already starved for feats. Has to be an eberron race so no BFs.

A Aasimar could work for the race(racial LoH) + splash destinies for self-heals - that works quite well as my squishy sorc can attest.

So that returns us to the question of the class-split. Whatever is chosen needs to not be over-reliant on action points since a fair amount will have to go into Aasimar racial tree for LoH - and nom, this character will not have the +10 AP from all racial PLs Tongue

This is probably stupid, but there's the fun 3 paladin/5 wizard/12 fighter split I've played before. That works best on Bladeforged(reconstruct SLA) but feels like it could go well here. And Knights Transformation in EK looks damn cool.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Still not it bro. EK is fun, but trash. Useless in terms of DPS.

If you're looking for creative heals outside of paladin or druid you can go aasimar - fighter or monk are good examples, even tho monks are meh since U51.If you really want to splurge on heals you can go melee FVS, with that you can multiclass.

Otherwise you're just giving up on anything efficient, and if that's the case you can really run whatever. Go bladeforged barbarian/bard swashbuckler with max crit enhancements for 15-20/x7 and get draconic rage casting for reconstruct for all I care. Wait, that's actually decent

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Dec 3rd, 2021 at 3:31pm:
Still not it bro. EK is fun, but trash. Useless in terms of DPS.

If you're looking for creative heals outside of paladin or druid you can go aasimar - fighter or monk are good examples, even tho monks are meh since U51.If you really want to splurge on heals you can go melee FVS, with that you can multiclass.

You seem to be missing the point that the original goal is to use the leg. Chimera's Fang, which requires dragonmarks to providebenefits. You can't be a dragonmarked bladeforged(or anything iconic).

Also this is just a casual theorycraft, I'm throwing out random ideas. Obviously some of them(most, really all if I'm being honest) are going to be trash. But art is about knowing which mistakes to keep.

That said, hmmm. An Aasimar 14 monk/6 fighter could be centered while wielding the leg Chimera's fang, would have decent self-heals, and at least be interesting. I might screw around with that idea some. I actually really miss having a monk in my stable, in point of fact.

Linker wrote on Dec 3rd, 2021 at 3:31pm:
Otherwise you're just giving up on anything efficient, and if that's the case you can really run whatever. Go bladeforged barbarian/bard swashbuckler with max crit enhancements for 15-20/x7 and get draconic rage casting for reconstruct for all I care. Wait, that's actually decent

That sounds wild. Expensive to create(need +# hearts to get out of Paladin, then alignments swap to get out of Lawful Good).

Also, just to be clear, in case its not: I have a lvl 30 pure sorc fire nuker with all PLs for my main. When I make threads like this its not because I'm looking for a top-tier R10 build to TR into. I'm just looking for some stupid fun to play with on an alt. I certainly can't enjoy the game the way the developers intended me to.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2021 at 3:37am
Print Post  
If you trade me the sorc account I’ll give you an optimized chimera build with self healing, damage and no TRs. Deal or no deal?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Dec 4th, 2021 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Dec 4th, 2021 at 3:37am:
If you trade me the sorc account I’ll give you an optimized chimera build with self healing, damage and no TRs. Deal or no deal?

Lol no deal Tongue But if you've got a bridge for sale in or around Brooklyn, I'm interested.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Dec 4th, 2021 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Every character can get a healing aura now with 11 ED points in EA.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #15 - Dec 5th, 2021 at 11:10am
Print Post  
5FS I love you but that's a bad take

32 base * 3 healamp * 3 spellpower base /2 base reaper content = 144 / 6 seconds, nowhere close to good enough, and you lose your mantle. If you want to consistently selfheal you need better - it's mehtier support at best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Dec 5th, 2021 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Dec 5th, 2021 at 11:10am:

32 base * 3 healamp * 3 spellpower base /2 base reaper content = 144 / 6 seconds, nowhere close to good enough, and you lose your mantle. If you want to consistently selfheal you need better - it's mehtier support at best.

Agreed.

The Mass Cure Moderate Wounds is a better take since it works off-mantle and in reaper has the bonus of healing your part members. On my main I use that + Rejuvenation Cocoon + Aasimar racist Lay on Hands and can mostly keep myself alive(I also keep a large stack of greater spirit cakes bound to a hotkey because I do not give a single fuck).

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #17 - Dec 9th, 2021 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Dec 5th, 2021 at 11:10am:

I'm not saying it's necessarily a good idea for every character, I was just saying that it is an option.

Also the formula is apparently not as described, because for me it ticks at about 1k (non-reaper) on a character formerly setup to use cocoon and about 2.6k (non-reaper) on an actual aura healer melee.

And it heals everyone around you and there is value in that even if you are swapping mantles to do it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #18 - Dec 9th, 2021 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
You said everyone - if you're a caster it has more value, obviously a sorc can stack up some spellpower

Heals are too slow in some situations tho. 1 tick / 6 secs is meh

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Dec 9th, 2021 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Linker wrote on Dec 9th, 2021 at 1:18pm:
You said everyone - if you're a caster it has more value, obviously a sorc can stack up some spellpower

Heals are too slow in some situations tho. 1 tick / 6 secs is meh

Dude said he likes PM just for the aura:
noamineo wrote on Nov 30th, 2021 at 2:45pm:
I like PM simply because you activate the auras and then your health is constantly being topped off

I said anyone can get an aura, not just PM:
Quote:
Every character can get a healing aura now with 11 ED points in EA.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint